uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#101 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59405 Posts

My friend: that is not pc gaming These are poor console games. Very simplstic and devoid of incredible pc gaming intrinsicenseses .

Modern pc gamers may shout pc gaming is better while promoting such titles; these are console ports and these people are console gamers.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#102 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

Crashes still exist. 0_o

@SexyJazzCat said:

I've had no problems with Ground Zeroes. Sucks to be you.

@MBirdy88 said:

Sounds like a User problem.

@MonsieurX said:

I don't remember the last time that I had a game or driver crash on me

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#103 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34795 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Seriously, how can you herms give up consoles for this shit?

Because not everyone has the same problems as you?

"Oh my God, I have lots of problems with PC, PC is horrible in all ways!!"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By deactivated-597794cd74015

@Heil68 said:

Not to mention the inability to garner perfect 10/10 exclusives nor a recent GOTY exclusive in the last decade+.

Just considering Post-2000:

Mafia (2001), Serious Sam:First Encounter (GOTY right here on GS)

No One Lives Forever 2, Black and White,Warcraft 3(2002)

Neverwinter Nights ,Silent Storm (2003)

Far Cry, Half-Life 2(initially exclusive), World of Worldcraft(GS GOTY), Warhammer 40K:Dawn of War, UT 2004- (2004)

FEAR (exclusive untill 2008), Battlefield 2, Civ 4

Company of Heroes (2006)

Crysis, STALKER:SoC, Supreme Commander (2008)

CiV 5, STALKER:CoP (2010)

Minecraft (was exclusive when it got the award) (2011)

Path of Exile (2013)

Divinity:Original Sin (2014)

All games have gotten GOTY on major international game publications (not counting non-English european publication)

That's just off the top of my head. So thanks for lying I guess ?

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#105  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

The idiot hermits in this thread being dismissive can go to hell. I had this exact same problem with Ground Zeroes on PC (white loading circle at startup would freeze, game then crashes) and it's a known issue. As Gue1 said other people are reporting it on the game's Steam forum.

What I did to fix this issue:

1. Go to your Steam library

2. Right click Ground Zeroes and then click "Properties"

3. Go to the "Betas" tab. Click on the "Select the beta you would like to opt into" dropdown and choose 1.002. Let the game resynch up to 100% and try launching.

4. If that doesn't work, check what devices are plugged into your USB port. I play most of my games with a wired 360 controller, but I also use a Mayflash USB adapter for my Gamecube controller(s) for Dolphin. There's a currently unfixed issue with GZ where certain USB controllers that aren't supported will cause the game to crash at startup, and so disconnecting my Mayflash was what fixed it for me. Try disconnecting any of your controllers or peripherals connected via USB and see if it has an effect on the game launching.

Reading through these replies is pure cringe.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15599 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

The idiot hermits in this thread being dismissive can go to hell.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Literally everything you pointed out points to console developer incompetence.

As a gamer who has been primarily a PC for the last 13 years I can honestly say this lazy trend picked up half way through last console generation when developers relied on brute force of PC gaming to hide their laid back approach to porting and optimizing games for PC.

As a PC gamer I can say I feel your pain BUT you are pointing the finger at the wrong thing... DEVELOPERS suck not PC gaming.

As for console gaming... No thank you I don't like my games running at 20-30FPS on a my 50" TV at 720/900p.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#108 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Been a while since I've seen a game crash. Had no probs with DX:HR or Ground Zeroes.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

The idiot hermits in this thread being dismissive can go to hell.

:-P jk

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@stuff238 said:

LOL PC gaming. That is a huge reason why it sucks. You spend $2000 on a state of the art PC and it can't even run the games without you wasting hours installing things in the hopes it might actually work. Console gaming is so much easier. I just stick the disc in and it works. The minor FPS/Rez bumps are not worth the headaches pc gamers suffer.

You can get a very capable PC for under a grand.

Though I agree it's nice that consoles just work. Plug and play, even though now patches are usually mandatory. I'll usually always get the console version first and then buy the PC version later on the cheap to take advantage of mods and slight performance bumps. Mods are where the value lies for me in PC gaming. That and M/KB which benefits genres like FPSes and RTSes.

I agree totally with stuff238. the minor res/fps bumps aren't even noticeable. atleast consoles get their games on time. RDR the best game of last gen still isn't out on pc. like 6 years? lol you have to pray that you're alive by the time pc gets a port. consoles rule, period.

30 to 60/120/144 fps isn't noticeable?. (sub)1080p to 2k/4k isn't noticeable?. You're not fooling anyone.

RDR is a great game, luckily the vast majority of PC gamers also own atleast a few consoles and will have most likely had ample opportunity to play RDR already, same can't be said for consolites owning capable gaming PCs though. TC being a good example of that with his 4 imaginary games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By deactivated-597794cd74015

@princeofshapeir said:

The idiot hermits in this thread being dismissive can go to hell. I had this exact same problem with Ground Zeroes on PC (white loading circle at startup would freeze, game then crashes) and it's a known issue. As Gue1 said other people are reporting it on the game's Steam forum.

What I did to fix this issue:

1. Go to your Steam library

2. Right click Ground Zeroes and then click "Properties"

3. Go to the "Betas" tab. Click on the "Select the beta you would like to opt into" dropdown and choose 1.002. Let the game resynch up to 100% and try launching.

4. If that doesn't work, check what devices are plugged into your USB port. I play most of my games with a wired 360 controller, but I also use a Mayflash USB adapter for my Gamecube controller(s) for Dolphin. There's a currently unfixed issue with GZ where certain USB controllers that aren't supported will cause the game to crash at startup, and so disconnecting my Mayflash was what fixed it for me. Try disconnecting any of your controllers or peripherals connected via USB and see if it has an effect on the game launching.

Reading through these replies is pure cringe.

You don't know this guy do you ? Check his post history. More likely then not, he doesn't have a PC. He's posting a screen shot of a common problem in an attempt to troll. Everyone knows the solution to this crash.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@Blabadon lol PC gaming

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Its funny that all these problems only seem to happen to console gamers the moment they touch a PC,lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#114 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

True. I'm currently playing the 1st witcher, a game that didn't recognize my graphics card and I had to do some tweaking to make it work. Pc gaming is more of an hassle than what not. Master race my ass

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#115 B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

@charizard1605:

Nah he's running Windows Millennium.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@Vatusus said:

True. I'm currently playing the 1st witcher, a game that didn't recognize my graphics card and I had to do some tweaking to make it work. Pc gaming is more of an hassle than what not. Master race my ass

What is your graphics card?

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#117 ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@Vatusus said:

Think about that for a second; A game from 2007 using a heavily modified 2002 game engine only needing a tweak to get it to properly recognize a modern system. And if I recall correctly the proper tweak had more to do with windows than it did with the game.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@wis3boi said:

Anyone wanna play bingo?

I lol'd.

So OP was just trollbait? TC abandoned the thread as soon as it was clear he was lying?

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

PC Nerds gonna sit and pretend like this issue isn't a 49page thread on Steam? You geeks crack me up

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311340/discussions/0/619574421284555292/

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#120 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Are we for real here?

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I've been playing PC games for a LONG time and they used to be an absolute nightmare. These days on my current rig I have zero problems with games and I play a lot of games. PC games really are pretty much plug and play now, something they advertised for many years and never were (that's Microsoft lying again, the playful young scamps).

If you're having trouble getting PC games to run you're not following the simplest of instructions and may well struggle getting a PS4 or Xbox One game to work too (they can be complicated, make sure the console is switched on, correct disk in the drive etc....).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Vatusus said:

What is your graphics card?

GT 840M. Its not a powerfull card by any means but it sure as hell can handle the game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@arunsunk said:

@Vatusus said:

Think about that for a second; A game from 2007 using a heavily modified 2002 game engine only needing a tweak to get it to properly recognize a modern system. And if I recall correctly the proper tweak had more to do with windows than it did with the game.

When launching the game said I didnt had the minimum req specs wich was bullshit. My GC can handle the game more than enough. The hassle wasnt that big but it still required some thorough google search.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

I'm surprised there's so much fanfare for a non-unified, open platform like PC. It's not even a standard system because of unlimited modification possibilities.

It shouldn't even be part of System Wars due to its never ending generation and ability to have games made for it from anybody, unlike single companies' systems.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@Vatusus:

That minimum requirements issue had to do with some directdraw emulation thing in windows 64bit(?) if I am remembering everthing correctly. I believe changing that reg setting is what I did to solve that error ways back.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@GioVela2010 said:

as a pc gamer I admit it, pc gaming is buggy as hell

Yeah, you're not fooling anyone.

Not sure what you're insinuating

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I would just like to say that anyone struggling with modern PC gaming should avoid toasters, microwaves, cars, crossing the street without the help of an adult, possibly avoid any working machinery they don't understand specially if it has switches that may do unpredictable things.....

Yeah, seriously, just play with Mario on your Nintendo Gaming System and alert your parents when you are going to leave your house.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

To be fair....crashes for me have been scarce in recent years.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#129 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

My games run great, my games look way the **** better and consistent in comparison to their console counterparts.

Your butthole ass tv that can't display 1080p right is why you can't see that, and lol at the 'this game isn't built for 60 faps"...yeah okay bro, going back to console frames is sluggish, like instantly sluggish once you've been spoiled with 60 frame games.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

on pc you have crashes. on consoles you have 3h long loading screens.

faking_it_bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 faking_it_bad
Member since 2015 • 31 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

pc sucks ass. waste of money and time, all the good games come to consoles while pc losers must sign petitions lmfao.

fucking lames.

And this sucka right here is your typical console gamer.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#132 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

PC players are used to fiddling to get their games to work. This is why thy think that consoles are a cop out, and they confuse the consistency with inflexibility.

If a console needed as much tinkering as a PC, then you can be sure it would be rejected within a few days of launch.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Operator Error.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

"Out of the 4 PC games I have"

There's your problem, you know nothing about computers, PC gaming, how to maintain them or anything else... There is no struggle, you just can't be a console gamer and expect an On button to do everything for you...

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Most PC games you have to tinker with until a few patches, it's just the way it is. Usually when games first come out you have to wait for driver updates to sort out performance issues as well.

Anyone that says otherwise is a fucking liar.

Anything made by Ubisoft is a minefield for a start.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@ten_pints said:

Most PC games you have to tinker with until a few patches, it's just the way it is. Usually when games first come out you have to wait for driver updates to sort out performance issues as well.

Tinkering with patches?. Installing drivers for every game?

What kind of out dated bullshit bait is this.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@so_hai said:

If a console needed as much tinkering as a PC, then you can be sure it would be rejected within a few days of launch.

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/halo-master-chief-collection/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems

Just stop.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@ten_pints said:

This is not true.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@so_hai said:

PC players are used to fiddling to get their games to work. This is why thy think that consoles are a cop out, and they confuse the consistency with inflexibility.

Then 2014 happened.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#140 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9442 Posts

heh. do people really have trouble with this stuff? that must be embarrassing.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend: that is not pc gaming These are poor console games. Very simplstic and devoid of incredible pc gaming intrinsicenseses .

Modern pc gamers may shout pc gaming is better while promoting such titles; these are console ports and these people are console gamers.

You and I seem to be the few that are able to see this. A PC Gamer of today is just a glorified console gamer. In the past, pc gamers would shun such releases. Perhaps still enjoy them from time to time--even buying a console for them--but their main interest was still that of games which fully utilized the pc format. All these genres thrived because of it. Now, the "pc gamer" as you and myself recognize it is more of a niche market like Nintendo has become.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#142  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Enitrely hardware specific. A good PC game will rarely crash, if at all, when you have recent hardware. I used to have a lot of crashes with my 560 Ti but I have had NO issues since I upgraded to 970... Literally can't remember when I last had any recurring issues

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#143 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@stuff238 said:

LOL PC gaming. That is a huge reason why it sucks. You spend $2000 on a state of the art PC and it can't even run the games without you wasting hours installing things in the hopes it might actually work. Console gaming is so much easier. I just stick the disc in and it works. The minor FPS/Rez bumps are not worth the headaches pc gamers suffer.

You know, easy doesn't automatically make something better. The feeling when you resolve a technical issue on a PC is similar to the feeling when you beat a Dark Souls level for the first time, see the appeal?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#144 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59405 Posts

@Heirren said:

@uninspiredcup said:

You and I seem to be the few that are able to see this. A PC Gamer of today is just a glorified console gamer. In the past, pc gamers would shun such releases. Perhaps still enjoy them from time to time--even buying a console for them--but their main interest was still that of games which fully utilized the pc format. All these genres thrived because of it. Now, the "pc gamer" as you and myself recognize it is more of a niche market like Nintendo has become.

They are very much the Rocky III's of the world; paper champions undeserving of the belt.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@nyadc said:

@ten_pints said:

This is not true.

When console gamers run out of nonsense to throw at PC gaming they just make it up. You can pretty quickly tell the ones who either are trolling or have no idea about PC gaming. This tired old line is still in existence from 2000 rather than 2015.

However on the games with issues there are usually workarounds, unlike all the broken console games atm where you're stuck with a pile o' crap, no fixes and no fixes on the horizon. Yay console games!

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Everyone seems to forget that the things you can do with a PC besides gaming are..........practically limitless.

Also, with each new generation of consoles, they are becoming more akin to just a gimped cheap PC.

A console......you can do games and Netflix. OoOoOoOo!!!!!!!!!!!

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

Fact: Brain dead people can't use PC.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#148  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

@Heirren said:

@uninspiredcup said:

You and I seem to be the few that are able to see this. A PC Gamer of today is just a glorified console gamer.

Well let's put that theory to the test.

Steam stats top played games(past 24hrs):

733,4111,116,031Dota 2
369,454400,112Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
57,34065,707Team Fortress 2
48,06766,330Football Manager 2015
35,14340,112Garry's Mod
31,11436,119The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
30,69738,725Sid Meier's Civilization V
29,91532,929Counter-Strike
24,23430,056Arma 3

H1Z1

---

This looks very PC-gaming to me. MOBA, classic PC FPS CS/TF, SIM, mod/creation tool, RTS, MMO sandbox.

It's interesting that there's almost as many people playing Arma 3 as BF4 on any console platform. How hardcore is that?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#149 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9442 Posts

@dxmcat said:

Everyone seems to forget that the things you can do with a PC besides gaming are..........practically limitless.

Also, with each new generation of consoles, they are becoming more akin to just a gimped cheap PC.

A console......you can do games and Netflix. OoOoOoOo!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my main gripe with consoles. The hardware is capable of so much more than the manufacturers will allow; such is the nature of closed systems. In the early days of the PS3 you could install a third-party OS and that was pretty cool. Since the removal of that feature it seems these companies have only gotten more controlling. Such a waste.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@GioVela2010: We're insinuating that a mere glance of a gaming PC gives you a throbbing diamond shattering hard on.