Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Out of the 4 PC games I have, I had to google for fixes to 3 of them.

-Metal Gear Rising for for some reason upscales to 1080p when I activate any kind of AA. My TV is 768p native and even though it supports 1080p inputs because is not native it makes everything look worse.

-Deus Ex HR Director's Cut has multiple issues with Nvidia cards in general and no matter the frame-rate there is judder everywhere to the point the game's unplayable unless you go to regedit to change the value of "Thread Optimization" to 0 to disable it completely. And even then, the judder is not gone, only reduced. Vsync like with every PC game causes a lot of lag too but if you disable it the frame-rate goes crazy, over 100fps in my case. And this is only the tip of the iceberg of the multiple issues present in this game alone...

-Now Ground Zeroes has this issue that it crashes at startup that I have still not been able to solve but it seems pretty widespread. https://steamcommunity.com/app/311340/discussions/0/619574421284555292/#p1

-Batman Arkham Asylum is the only one that did not give me any issues. It's a bit laggy with Vsync enabled though but since the idiots capped the game at 62 instead of 60 then it's pretty much mandatory for the sake of both: screen tear and judder.

Seriously, how can you herms give up consoles for this shit? All 4 of them maxed out don't even look that much better than the console versions to begin with. And not to mention that games like Batman, that weren't made for 60fps are not only just as laggy as 30fps on consoles but animations don't even look right. It's like the game is interpolated instead of real 60fps. And I say this because the difference between Batman and MG Rising when it comes to frame-rate and smoothness are astronomical.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

I don't remember the last time that I had a game or driver crash on me

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Crashes still exist. 0_o

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

This, they happen but very rarely nowadays for me atleast

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

not only that but activating games can be a pain. i purchased medal of honour airborne and cant even activate that shit + origin customer service were of 0 help. quite a lot of games suffer from this, max payne 3 for example is another one that cant be activated now just look at the steam reviews

master race my ass

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Should update your mother boards bios, then all your drivers. But don't just download the latest drivers and hit install. Make sure you manually uninstall each driver you intend to replace with the latest version. This I find works to fix a lot of things that you wouldn't expect to go wrong but do because old drivers are still present.

Your unlucky though, as the only games I've had issues with crashes like yours are modded or altered games.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I was really disappointed with Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut on PC. It runs fine except it flashes white at random; giving me a headache and making it unplayable. I wish the developer would release a patch.

It's rare for me to have a problem with games on PC, though. They generally look and run well.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: Except it's not hard for those people having issues to just crack the game. The thing with pc, It's all ways fixable, or there is all ways a way around the problem.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Meanwhile on consoles a game launches broken and you can't even play it(see ACU) until the devs decide to patch it.

At least on PC you can actually fix it

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I can't really remember the last time I've had an issue with a game. Even if there is an issue, I can rest assure that some modder will probably fix it.

Batman Arkham Asylum plays and looks fine to me (Had the X360 and PC version). It doesn't look laggy with vsync and with vsync turned off I don't get any screen tearing either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Crap opinion is crap.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Not to mention the inability to garner perfect 10/10 exclusives nor a recent GOTY exclusive in the last decade+.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Sounds like a User problem.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Oh noes my PS4 controllers keep falling apart, my 360 RROD'd twice and I had 2 xboxs fail on me last gen and a PS2 the gen before. WHAT IS WRONG WITH CONSOLE GAMING!??!!?

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Funny how it's always console fans who get so many technical issues with their PC games. Let's think about it for a minute, and try to guess where this comes from :

1. They're incompentent.

2. Their PCs aren't really gaming PCs, just the old Walmart PC their parents bought years ago and left to rot under the staircase.

3. They're lying to try and prove a point on the internet (shocking!)

4. Somehow, their PC knows they're peasants to the core, and decides to retaliate by pissing in their cornflakes.

It's pretty obvious to me that n°4 is by far the most logical answer.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

If you build a PC properly and keep your drivers up to date then it's incredibly rare to run into issues with crashing and the like. I would argue that it's mostly down to bugs in the game (that usually get patched) or people playing pirated copies.

I've only had one issue like this with a game on my current PC and that was getting GTA IV to run on Windows 8.1. The thing is, I used this magical thing called Google and the problem was resolved in less than five minutes.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@Motokid6 said:

@Heil68: Because pc devs don't dump more money into marketing instead of development.

Or have 40 sites on metacrtitc that their PR department created :P

"The Order? Game of the Generation 95/100!"

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

So because 3 console ports are shit, that means the end of PC gaming.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Welcome to PC gaming, and the lying PC gamer master race.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I guess that's what happens when peasents wander into MR territory.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Newhopes said:

Welcome to PC gaming, and the lying PC gamer master race.

Forgot as well the obligatory 2000$ gaming PC

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

That's what happens sometimes with PC...

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

That's strange...

Batman : Arkham Asylum runs perfectly at 720p@60 FPS constant on max settings. My CPU is an AMD FX 4100 and GPU is HD 7750 - a paltry setup (what can I do? prices are ridiculous here). I've never encountered any sort of issues with Deus Ex : Human Revolution Director's Cut, MGR or Ground Zeroes.

Can you post your rig's specs?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@milannoir said:

Funny how it's always console fans who get so many technical issues with their PC games. Let's think about it for a minute, and try to guess where this comes from :

1. They're incompentent.

2. Their PCs aren't really gaming PCs, just the old Walmart PC their parents bought years ago and left to rot under the staircase.

3. They're lying to try and prove a point on the internet (shocking!)

4. Somehow, their PC knows they're peasants to the core, and decides to retaliate by pissing in their cornflakes.

It's pretty obvious to me that n°4 is by far the most logical answer.

Actually it's more likely that they've hunted through the Steam forums looking for issues that a few people have had and then come here to make a troll thread on it. Case in point, the TC's link to a thread with a whole 721 comments from people having problems, on a game that's likely sold a few hundred thousand copies on PC.

Please note the standard console troll PC bashing caveat "The graphics aren't that much better on PC" from a guy using a 1366 x 768 TV.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

Complaining about framerate over 100...*facepalm*

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#28 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Are you using a Pentium 4 running Windows Vista, or something?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Meanwhile: (this includes articles for those games you gave examples of):

http://www.eurogamer.net/?type=face-off

"We can't help but feel that Xbox One under-delivers while the PC game is much closer to the experience the developers set out to create."

"Anyone with a decent gaming PC should definitely stick to the computer version as it offers excellent scalability alongside further improved visuals."

"While the consoles battle it out with their relatively minor plus and minus points, it's the PC that powers away from the pack to take the prize. This may be a bit of a no-brainer, but 60fps gameplay makes a big difference".

"The PC version remains the best edition of the game available."

"The PC edition is easy to recommend for the premier Resident Evil playthrough; a release that scales to lower-end GPUs gracefully, while adding perks such as 60fps support and improved anti-aliasing."

"At just 3GB in size, Ground Zeroes is a nimble and polished sample of the Fox Engine on PC - it takes the excellent PlayStation 4 game and provides enough in the way of upgrades to make us eagerly await a more thorough work-out for the technology in The Phantom Pain."

"The end result is that only the new PC version lives up to its Definitive Edition moniker."

"The final analysis, the PC game is the definitive version of Alien: Isolation."

"Those looking for something closer to the best possible experience should really opt for the PC version."

"If you have a powerful PC, however, we'd have to recommend this version."

"It's clear that if you have the muscle, the PC version is going to provide the best experience"

"That particular honour goes to the PC version of Lords of the Fallen."

"Overall, it's the PC version that potentially offers the best experience. There's the ability to scale beyond the 30fps cap found on console, with extra image quality and resolution options too. "

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Motokid6 said:

@Heil68: Because pc devs don't dump more money into marketing instead of development.

That must be how Football manager got rated so high. :D

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#31 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

not only that but activating games can be a pain. i purchased medal of honour airborne and cant even activate that shit + origin customer service were of 0 help. quite a lot of games suffer from this, max payne 3 for example is another one that cant be activated now just look at the steam reviews

master race my ass

Max Payne 3 works fine for me. FC3 however I cant activate because everytime I try the Uplay servers are unavailable. It is one of the drawbacks to PC gaming and Steam should make sure their shit works before selling it.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

This anecdotal proof of 1 user saying is having problems with pc games is funny . More than 120 games on Steam and only 4 games i had problems 1 was Cryostasis ( thanks to nvidia physx ) the other dying light with stutter and two worlds 2 . Everything else is running great and in fact those few games that i had problems i was able to fix them with a 10minute google search

Good luck fixing a broken console game before waiting days if not weeks and months for official patches

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@Heil68 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Motokid6 said:

That must be how Football manager got rated so high. :D

The greatest series ever made. Do not judge peasant until ye have played its magnificence for at least 220 hrs!

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

User error.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@adamosmaki said:

This anecdotal proof of 1 user saying is having problems with pc games is funny . More than 120 games on Steam and only 4 games i had problems 1 was Cryostasis ( thanks to nvidia physx ) the other dying light with stutter and two worlds 2 . Everything else is running great and in fact those few games that i had problems i was able to fix them with a 10minute google search

Good luck fixing a broken console game before waiting days if not weeks and months for official patches

I dunno about anyone else but my PS4 has had tons of CTD (DAI and Madden specifically)

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@Gue1: I own all four of those games and have never had a single issue with any of them. I'm assuming that you don't have a dedicated gaming PC if you only own four games (that have all cost less than $10 at some point during a Steam sale because that's when I bought them) and all are console ports, correct? What are your specs?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Had this come from a pc gamer, there'd be some credibility.

Coming from you...............eh.

edit: is this a troll attempt because Tales of Zestiria and Samurai Warriors 4 is probably coming to Steam?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

If I have a problem like this on PC I can google the solution and have it fixed in 5 minutes tops.

Now say a game like Prince of Persia Trilogy on PS3 is unplayable because of audio problems. What can I do then ? Where can I find a fix ?

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

I've had no problems with Ground Zeroes. Sucks to be you.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

If I have a problem like this on PC I can google the solution and have it fixed in 5 minutes tops.

Now say a game like Prince of Persia Trilogy on PS3 is unplayable because of audio problems. What can I do then ? Where can I find a fix ?

You will have to prey to lord Kaz and the console overlords and then wait a couple of months and hope for a fix

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

@adamosmaki said:

You will have to prey to lord Kaz and the console overlords and then wait a couple of months and hope for a fix

I popped in the game on my PS3, played for a while and though to myself "this can't be"

Searched on the internet and found a bunch of other people finding the game unplayable because of the awful reverb effect on the sound (it's like you're playing the game under water)

Ubisoft never fixed the game.

Eventually I gave up praying, traded in the game towards GTA V, lol

@SexyJazzCat said:

I've had no problems with Ground Zeroes. Sucks to be you.

Same, Ground Zeroes is actually one of the best PC versions I've ever played.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Time to reinstall Windows, more likely than not game problems normally stem from a cluttered OS.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I find it funny how anti-PC threads like this have to be purely fabricated lies or idiotic quotes from tech support forums. Ground Zeros is factually so much better on PC: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-pc-face-off , rofl Lying peasant.

Meanwhile, for me to make an anti-PS4 thread all I have to do is link Metacritic, Gamespot, or Eurogamer articles. No lying or spinning required. I can just put up a few The Order reviews lmao. Or just show how just about every PS4 multiplat is far better on PC with a factual Digital Foundry analysis.

@Gue1 run away little girl, don't dare post in here.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Haven't had a problem with running a PC game since Mass Effect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#45 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

Funny thing is, neither do I. I mean, technically, King's Bounty: Dark Side crashes when I exit it, but that's hardly a major issue.

Interesting how the percentage is apparently so high. I wonder if perhaps the OP is not being entirely honest.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I don't think anyone doubts that PC gaming has issues. When you have variable hardware and systems, there is bound to be problems. Tweaking and messing with setting is just what comes with PC gaming. If you can't tolerate that, then you should really stick with console gaming.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#47 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

git gud

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

Me neither, probably he has either a very crappy pc or he doesn't know how to properly use it and have it full of add ons and browser bars.

Also how weird console peasants of the forum always have crashes

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#49 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Shit happens. PC gaming can definitely take some troubleshooting. That much is true. I would tell you how I don't have issues with that on my AMD card, but that's a waste in this case.

The best advice I can give somebody who struggles with running games that it's a really good idea to install Win 7 64-bit onto a flash drive using Windows iso boot tool and make sure all your steam games are on a separate harddrive than your main SSD.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

LOL PC gaming. That is a huge reason why it sucks. You spend $2000 on a state of the art PC and it can't even run the games without you wasting hours installing things in the hopes it might actually work. Console gaming is so much easier. I just stick the disc in and it works. The minor FPS/Rez bumps are not worth the headaches pc gamers suffer.