The PS3 will have finaly outsold the 360 before the next gen starts.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

well if next gen kicks off next month i dont see PS3 surpassing 360 in sales.. however Ps3 will most probably outsell 360 prior the release of the next xbox / PS4...

Most probably Ps3 already surpassed 360 in terms of user install base considering the considerable amount of 360's that have been replaced due to hardware issues..

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

lol at lems hiding behind the wii u. the ps3 will pass the 360 before the 720 comes out. nobody cares about nintendo.

Omega-316

Well, the Wii sold more than the 360 and PS3 :lol:

Guess that means nobody cares about those. GG, idiot.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

It's such a stupid arguement to begn with.

1) Why do people even care? Are they share holders? No didn't think so. They act like they own stock, and for some reason act as if they get something from these sales. They don't, so why even pay attention to them in the first place?

2) The two systems are neck and neck anyway, they are basically tied. The gap is so small it doesn't even matter.

Some people I've noticed use sales becasue it's the only ammo they got. When you have nothing else to show off or brag about you have to resort to sales. It basically means they lost the argument.

DarthClark

I don't care about sales either. Only lems do because that's the only ownage they've got.

I would laugh out hard when lems start crying about PS3 catching the 2nd place.

:lol: pure ownage

what an intelligent poster

Fixed.

True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

[QUOTE="True_Chaos_UK"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] Not when 98% of their launch window are current gen ports.JohnnyCageMK

Still a next gen machine, even the 360 had sh!t loads of xbox and ps2 ports on release.

It doesn't have much hype surrounding it like PS2 and 360 did. I don't think alot of people are even aware its coming out.

Yeah not seen much advertising for it yet, plus the launch libary isn't the best its up in the air how well it will do. But my original point was just to point out that Sony would need to sell pretty much over a million consoles by November to out sell the 360 before next gen starts.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

why not? this gen started with the 360.

Caseytappy

Its a 3 horse race, when 1 horse finishes, the race is not over, when all horses finish the race the race can then be considered over aka when all next consoles are released, stop being silly.

That's beyond retarded , the PS2 still is on sale so by that analogy the PS2/xbox/gamecube generation is still going !

next gen doest start untill second and third place secures their spot. so until the 720 comes out....the race is still on

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

I don't care about sales either. Only lems do because that's the only ownage they've got.

I would laugh out hard when lems start crying about PS3 catching the 2nd place.

GamerwillzPS

:lol: pure ownage

what an intelligent poster

Fixed.

somebody says that only lems care about sales ina thread where ps3 sales are being bragged about. how is that ownage or a sign of intelligence?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

The 360 sold 68.8 mil world wide and the PS3 sold 67 mil worldwide. What a comeback considering the 360 released earlier. And no, next gen DOESNT start with the Wii U. How long before the PS3 outsells the 360? Its going to happen for sure, but when is the question. The new PS3 model will sell like crazy. Great move by sony. What do you think?

Omega-316

According to the latest press releases, the 360 is outselling the PS3 world wide. Sony has not said anything to the contrary (as of today). Until Sony says something, I will rely on official press releases.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/04/microsoft-xbox-now-is-the-top-selling-console-worldwide/

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#58 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Next gen starts with the WiiU, obviously, like the console hardware or not.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

cows 2006: "prepare to be crushed in sales!"

cows 2007-2011: "sales are not important!"

cows 2012: ha! look at the amazing comeback we are only a couple million down! ! we is winnarz!!!"

:lol:

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

The 360 sold 68.8 mil world wide and the PS3 sold 67 mil worldwide. What a comeback considering the 360 released earlier. And no, next gen DOESNT start with the Wii U. How long before the PS3 outsells the 360? Its going to happen for sure, but when is the question. The new PS3 model will sell like crazy. Great move by sony. What do you think?

Omega-316
How about the fact that the PS3 had a HUGE market share last gen and should have wiped the floor this gen too but because of arrogance and stupidity allowed themselves to be taken over by the Xbox in its sophomore outing. That's some f*cking fail there if there ever was.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

The only reason the 360 isn't far ahead of the PS3 is because it has no games worth buying for it, only rehashes after rehashes

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts
Cows should just go into hibernation until next year. Every faction has something to look forward to this year except cows.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 CaseyWegner

The only reason the 360 isn't far ahead of the PS3 is because it has no games worth buying for it, only rehashes after rehashes

Davekeeh

then why isn't it selling worse? why hasn't the ps3 surpassed the 360 yet? the wii did long ago.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GamerwillzPS

Cows should just go into hibernation until next year. Every faction has something to look forward to this year except cows.JohnnyCageMK

Enjoy your rehashes. I'll measure your bored-o-meter. :cool:

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#65 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

The 360 sold 68.8 mil world wide and the PS3 sold 67 mil worldwide. What a comeback considering the 360 released earlier. And no, next gen DOESNT start with the Wii U. How long before the PS3 outsells the 360? Its going to happen for sure, but when is the question. The new PS3 model will sell like crazy. Great move by sony.

Omega-316

I highlighted the most blatant fallacies you posted. Might want to fix that for credibility

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#66 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Lol, this cow wants the PS3 to get in second so badly that he is ignoring the fact that the power of the hardware doesnt determine the generation. Im sorry but what determines the start of a generation is when a console successor is released. The PS2, Gamecube, Xbox was a generation. The Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 was a generation. And the Wii U is, even if you dont like it, the start of the next Generation of home consoles. The Wii U is probably going to be the weakest, but as we have seen power doesnt determine the winner.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Cows should just go into hibernation until next year. Every faction has something to look forward to this year except cows.GamerwillzPS

how do rehashes score so well?

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

why not? this gen started with the 360.

Caseytappy

Its a 3 horse race, when 1 horse finishes, the race is not over, when all horses finish the race the race can then be considered over aka when all next consoles are released, stop being silly.

That's beyond retarded , the PS2 still is on sale so by that analogy the PS2/xbox/gamecube generation is still going !

wtf...Did you even bother to read what you quoted? I said the race is over when ALL next gen consoles are released, PS3/360/Wii are out arent they? so how can PS2/xbox/GC sales matter?

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Ok let's recount this fight between the HD twins

Xbox swings first by coming out first

PS3 comes out at $600 a year later and faceplants into a pile of horse turd

Xbox decides "hey PS3 hardware is such a piece of schit, we don't need exclusives" instead spending the money on Kinect

PS3 follows with a weak counter-attack with PS Move.

PS3 throws all the logs on the fire, desperately pumping out exclusives to keep up with 360's total third-party dominance, spending itself to the brink.

Xbox continues not giving a schit about exclusives, and even has the balls to put ads on the interface like "hoe pleae, you can't hurt me. I can abuse my fans and STILL outsell the PS3."

PS3 again launches an attack with PS+, continues the assault with exclusives

Now it's getting interesting, seems like a pitched battle, sales are getting closer. <----- We are here

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Considering half of all 360 owners had to purchase more then 1 system because of the RROD issues. I really don't see the 360 in the lead. It's just goes to show there are alot of stupid people for supporting junk.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
PS next gen starts with the PS4, hey if they ps3 outselfs wiiu, just goes to show
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#72 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Ok let's recount this fight between the HD twins

Xbox swings first by coming out first

PS3 comes out at $600 a year later and faceplants into a pile of horse turd

Xbox decides "hey PS3 hardware is such a piece of schit, we don't need exclusives" instead spending the money on Kinect

PS3 follows with a weak counter-attack with PS Move.

PS3 throws all the logs on the fire, desperately pumping out exclusives to keep up with 360's total third-party dominance, spending itself to the brink.

Xbox continues not giving a schit about exclusives, and even has the balls to put ads on the interface like "hoe pleae, you can't hurt me. I can abuse my fans and STILL outsell the PS3."

PS3 again launches an attack with PS+, continues the assault with exclusives

Now it's getting interesting, seems like a pitched battle, sales are getting closer. <----- We are here

ZombieKiller7

That is a surprisingly accurate assessment of the HD system wars up until now.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

lol OP trying to put an extension on the battle for last place.

Even with its terrible start and one poor decision after another from Sony, the PS3 still managed to be a kick ass console. Arguably the best console this gen. Can you not just be cool with that?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lundy86_4

Considering half of all 360 owners had to purchase more then 1 system because of the RROD issues. I really don't see the 360 in the lead. It's just goes to show there are alot of stupid people for supporting junk.

jdc6305

lol1h.gif

Yeah, screw using the warranty. I'll just buy a new console.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Cows should just go into hibernation until next year. Every faction has something to look forward to this year except cows.CaseyWegner

Microsoft paid reviewers.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Microsoft paid reviewers.

proof be where?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Yes this is true. It's really sad that the 360 was released much earlier and should be far ahead of the PS3 in sales but it's not. Also it had no competition from the Wii or PS3 at the time. PS3 will become 2nd place and the inferior 360 will be last

Davekeeh
Yes thats why the Wii, which released last, is in last place :lol:
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#78 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
I agree that this next gen starts with the wiiU, but I don't think that the current gen ends with the wiiu. I even add current ps2 sales to the last gen stats.
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Frostbite24

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

lundy86_4

lol1h.gif

This. I suppose if the cows were faced with the choice they would be stupid enough to actually go out and buy a new one when they could get it for free.
DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DarthClark
Member since 2012 • 458 Posts
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"] How about the fact that the PS3 had a HUGE market share last gen and should have wiped the floor this gen too but because of arrogance and stupidity allowed themselves to be taken over by the Xbox in its sophomore outing. That's some f*cking fail there if there ever was.

This is some serious truth right here. The PS brand had a huge advantage with its install base and still managed to face plant. Cows can try and spin it anyway they want but thats the undeniable truth, like it or not.
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

lol1h.gif

do you really think everyone used warranty ? if so you need to get out more, on search engines
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

jdc6305

That argument does not hold water. The 360 sells more games than the PS3 (at least as far a multi-plats). If that were true, than the last CoD game would have an astronomical attach rate, because there would be far fewer actual 360 owners.

topgeareasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 topgeareasy
Member since 2010 • 562 Posts

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

StormyJoe

That argument does not hold water. The 360 sells more games than the PS3 (at least as far a multi-plats). If that were true, than the last CoD game would have an astronomical attach rate, because there would be far fewer actual 360 owners.

some multi-plats like resi 6 and fifa sell better on PS3

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GunSmith1_basic
[QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"] How about the fact that the PS3 had a HUGE market share last gen and should have wiped the floor this gen too but because of arrogance and stupidity allowed themselves to be taken over by the Xbox in its sophomore outing. That's some f*cking fail there if there ever was.

This is some serious truth right here. The PS brand had a huge advantage with its install base and still managed to face plant. Cows can try and spin it anyway they want but thats the undeniable truth, like it or not.

all that means is that the 360 did well compared to last gen. It doesn't change the fact that the ps3 overtaking the 360 in sales would be a significant milestone, despite having one year less in the market.
True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 True_Chaos_UK

So Cows are basically saying " next gen starts when Ps3 finally limps into second place and not a moment before."

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GunSmith1_basic

So Cows are basically saying " next gen starts when Ps3 finally limps into second place and not a moment before."

True_Chaos_UK
I'm a "cow" and I say that the total sales matter, no matter when they happen, no matter what the system. One gen beginning doesn't mean the previous gen is over
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lundy86_4

do you really think everyone used warranty ? if so you need to get out more, on search enginesPressXtoJump

It was a 3-year warranty. Why the hell not? However, if you want to prove that idiot's post (half the 360 sales are re-buys), feel free.

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

True_Chaos_UK
Year of the PS3...until MS announces at E3 that 360 sold more in November and December than PS3 did the other 10 months combined and widened the gap to 5 mil. Then cows say they don't care about sales and only games matter.
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 PressXtoJump

True_Chaos_UK
ye we wouldnt want the industry being known as a stumbling into the next gen, its gonna be about solid victory
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PressXtoJump

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]do you really think everyone used warranty ? if so you need to get out more, on search engineslundy86_4

It was a 3-year warranty. Why the hell not? However, if you want to prove that idiot's post (half the 360 sales are re-buys), feel free.

dont know about you, but my consoles usually last well over 3 years, not to mention i dont play every day of the year
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lundy86_4

dont know about you, but my consoles usually last well over 3 years, not to mention i dont play every day of the yearPressXtoJump

So, no, you don't want to prove his point? Good to know.

----

BTW, once the warranty runs out, you can pay for repairs. It's the same with Sony, once the one-year warranty expires.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]do you really think everyone used warranty ? if so you need to get out more, on search enginesPressXtoJump

dont know about you, but my consoles usually last well over 3 years, not to mention i dont play every day of the year

Of course not. If you have a PS3 you've had online don't for a weeks at a time and no games this year. Lucky PS3 gamers getting all that time off from gaming! :lol:
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 PressXtoJump

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]dont know about you, but my consoles usually last well over 3 years, not to mention i dont play every day of the yearlundy86_4

So, no, you don't want to prove his point? Good to know.

----

BTW, once the warranty runs out, you can pay for repairs. It's the same with Sony, once the one-year warranty expires.

whats your point? microsoft gets this, but let me make it clear for you. life-time warranties =/= counted years. but sure microsoft cares i guess, not about the money or sales figures :lol:
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

CaseyWegner

then why isn't it selling worse? why hasn't the ps3 surpassed the 360 yet? the wii did long ago.

Um it is selling worse, its outsold in nearly every area with the exeption of NA and the UK .

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Frostbite24
[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"] How about the fact that the PS3 had a HUGE market share last gen and should have wiped the floor this gen too but because of arrogance and stupidity allowed themselves to be taken over by the Xbox in its sophomore outing. That's some f*cking fail there if there ever was.

all that means is that the 360 did well compared to last gen. It doesn't change the fact that the ps3 overtaking the 360 in sales would be a significant milestone, despite having one year less in the market.

It pretty much does change the fact unfortunately.
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Frostbite24

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

AM-Gamer

Um it is selling worse, its outsold in nearly every area with the exeption of NA and the UK .

So in other words it is selling better but only in those areas that sell the most games...it is selling worse in Trinidad and Tobego though, right?

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#97 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

StormyJoe

You have to take into account that the demographics of the sales of 360 are dramatically different than the PS3s (360 has a MUCH larger NA sales base, while PS3 has a MUCH largers JP sales base). Because of that, looking at the multiplatform sales of COD for instance is pretty meaningless because it could be NA sales skewed. And, as someone else mentioned, other titles sell better on PS3. We can't really say what the true number of consoles out there is for 360 (or PS3 or Wii for that matter). In a close match as we have between PS3 and 360 it could be actually flipped already, but again we'll probably never know.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lundy86_4

whats your point? microsoft gets this, but let me make it clear for you. life-time warranties =/= counted years. but sure microsoft cares i guess, not about the money or sales figures :lol:PressXtoJump

Who's talking lifetime warranties? What?

My point is, you cannot prove the initial poster's point. We have no way of knowing how many people bought 360's once the RROD hit. It's rendered exceedingly dumb, when the console had a 3-year warranty for the issue.

Of course they care about money and sales figures.

----

It's apparent you are bringing your own issues to this debate. I know MS makes you jealous, but you just have to let go.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

24985057.jpg.0

True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 True_Chaos_UK

[QUOTE="True_Chaos_UK"]

GunSmith1_basic

I'm a "cow" and I say that the total sales matter, no matter when they happen, no matter what the system. One gen beginning doesn't mean the previous gen is over

Have you read the thread title Ps3 will outsell 360 before next gen starts next gen starts next month. Ps3 may out sell 360 eventually but not before the next gen starts.