The PS3 out sold the 360. What do you think the PS4 will do to the XBONE?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
Honestly I was surprized when they decided to make another xbox and I think this next gen will be the final nail in the MS coffin. The xbox experiment is over. ggDaBrainz
How can you say that when the Xbox gaming division has had huge profits? You don't just up and quit when you roll in big $$$. Sony on the other hand has lost billion upon billions. This may be their last hat in the ring if the PS4 doesn't pan out.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

Sony fans read this link very carefully. Ps3 is  still dead last.

www.gamespot.com/news/782-million-xbox-360s-sold-6411865

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

The gaming press listed their sources, and it shows they aren't official sources.  So please try again. You can do it

lostrib

Looks like most of the gaming industry has some sort of confidence in VGchartz. So who cares that System wars doesn't? Gaming industry's opinion >>>>>>>>...>>>>>>>> system wars opinion. So please try again, although I don't think you can do any better with your damage control. Bu...bu...bu... VGchartzzzz isn't a credible source!!!! :lol: So PS3 leads.

If it is so obvious that PS3 is winning then give me the official numbers.  Please try again.  I'm sure you can get it this time

I posted enough articles, it's not my fault you're on full denial mode. So keep on crying with "bu..bu..bu..VGchartzzz!!!!" :lol:
drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

ps3 outsold 360 because people in japan got bored of the wii and wanted something else.

this gen i expect sony and microsoft to tie domestically, but sony gaining a huge advantage foreign

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#55 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

Sony fans read this link very carefully. Ps3 is  all dead last.

Miketheman83
What are we supposed to read very carefully, that you are comparing an estimate of PS3 sales from an earlier time period to a later 360 sales number? Come on now, that's even worse than VG chartz.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"] Looks like most of the gaming industry has some sort of confidence in VGchartz. So who cares that System wars doesn't? Gaming industry's opinion >>>>>>>>...>>>>>>>> system wars opinion. So please try again, although I don't think you can do any better with your damage control. Bu...bu...bu... VGchartzzzz isn't a credible source!!!! :lol: So PS3 leads.Suppaman100

If it is so obvious that PS3 is winning then give me the official numbers.  Please try again.  I'm sure you can get it this time

I posted enough articles, it's not my fault you're on full denial mode. So keep on crying with "bu..bu..bu..VGchartzzz!!!!" :lol:

you did not post official numbers.  What are the official sales numbers of each console.  

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

[QUOTE="blackace"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"]Yep, Xbox never won a generation. It's a losing console...for losers. :lol: :lol :lol: Lol lems, bu...bu...bu...you can't play sales???!!!!!!!!! :lol:Suppaman100

It won a huge amount of market shares last gen, while the PS3 lost a huge amount of market shares. The PS3 is still in LAST PLACE. The PS3 didn't win anything last generation. Was destroyed by the Wii and 360 in just about every category.

Yeah in your dreams. In the real world, PS3 won the most GOTY's, had by far the best games and the best game of this gen (TLOU). And it beat 360 in sales. While 360 owners had RROD, PS3 owners enjoyed the best experience of this gen.

That parts a fact. PS3 DID lose the market share the PS1/PS2 created. Sony DID lose all the money the previous 2 gens made. MS took NA away from Sony and trippled it's install base. It had the most games and higher game attachment rate.

Everything YOU said is biased and opinion except for the GOTY winners. Better games is opinion as well as the "best experience" statement you made.

You sound more and more like a total idiot with each and every post you make.

wiiutroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 wiiutroll
Member since 2013 • 543 Posts

[QUOTE="blackace"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"] Looks like most of the gaming industry has some sort of confidence in VGchartz. So who cares that System wars doesn't? Gaming industry's opinion >>>>>>>>...>>>>>>>> system wars opinion. So please try again, although I don't think you can do any better with your damage control. Bu...bu...bu... VGchartzzzz isn't a credible source!!!! :lol: So PS3 leads.Suppaman100

Maybe this will settle you down.

A_Baby_Bottle_Rattle_and_Pacifier_Royalt

Whaaa.. whaaa, whaaa!!

Hope you had fun with RROD and inferior gaming experiences, only on 360. :lol: U mad? Yeah u mad. :cool:

looks like you don't like the truth being told to you.

I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts

Miketheman83
lems should learn to read. the 77 million ps3's were from december 2012. FAIL
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

DerekLoffin
What are we supposed to read very carefully, that you are comparing an estimate of PS3 sales from an earlier time period to a later 360 sales number? Come on now, that's even worse than VG chartz.

Nobody knows the sales of the PS3 because Sony started including PS2 numbers with their PS3 numbers. All anybody can do is estimate because Sony deliberately started clouding their sales figures to avoid embarrassment.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kingtito
[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

Well until Sony actually comes out with official numbers MINUS PS2 sales, then that's all you can go by. You can't use predictions as offical.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kingtito
[QUOTE="I_AM_MEGATRON"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

Sony released more recent numbers in the 78 million range WITH PS2 numbers included.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FoxbatAlpha

Miketheman83

Nobody knows the sales of the PS3 because Sony started including PS2 numbers with their PS3 numbers. All anybody can do is estimate because Sony deliberately started clouding their sales figures to avoid embarrassment.

Correct. And if Sony all of a sudden starts doing that out of nowhere, you have to ask why? To cover up that they got soooo close but lost in the 9th inning? Probably
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kingtito
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="DerekLoffin"] What are we supposed to read very carefully, that you are comparing an estimate of PS3 sales from an earlier time period to a later 360 sales number? Come on now, that's even worse than VG chartz.FoxbatAlpha

Correct. And if Sony all of a sudden starts doing that out of nowhere, you have to ask why? To cover up that they got soooo close but lost in the 9th inning? Probably

True. Why would Sony all of a sudden start combining numbers? Why haven't cows asked that very question? Sony hasn't explained why but my guess is poor sales.
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DerekLoffin

Miketheman83

I agree, but that doesn't make your link any less terrible. You are comparing an estimate, from an earlier time period, to a sales number, from a later time period. Those are in no way comparable.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
PS3 have won and lems crying......delicious.lol PS3 have dominate.....deal with that.:cool:
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DerekLoffin
[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Nobody knows the sales of the PS3 because Sony started including PS2 numbers with their PS3 numbers. All anybody can do is estimate because Sony deliberately started clouding their sales figures to avoid embarrassment.kingtito

True. Why would Sony all of a sudden start combining numbers? Why haven't cows asked that very question? Sony hasn't explained why but my guess is poor sales.

And if MS hasn't lost 2nd place, why haven't they corrected any of the journalists and sites claiming they have. My guess is poor sales. Goes both ways.
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

How cow and lemmings are not tired to fight over 1-2% of difference in sales of both consoles.

i-got-tired-of-seeing-the-low-quality-mo

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
The sales war is a joke at this point. They're both guilty of fudging numbers in terms of 'shipped' one minutes and 'sold' the next. Sony's last official set of numbers rolled everything into "playstation family" and tried to claim victory flushing their PS3 figures full of PS2 sales. Microsoft dont bother releasing official numbers unless they have a better than expected quarter. In reality the 360 is obviously ahead of the PS3; it was never going to close that gap, the 360 sells consistently well and the PS3 does too. In order to close the gap one would have to blast ahead while the other failed. Neither happened. In reality however, the PS3 did a great job of catching up, and it's a testament to Microsoft's incompetence that they got a year'd head start against one of the most disastrous console launches of all time and still managed to barely out perform it.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FoxbatAlpha
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"] Correct. And if Sony all of a sudden starts doing that out of nowhere, you have to ask why? To cover up that they got soooo close but lost in the 9th inning? ProbablyDerekLoffin

And if MS hasn't lost 2nd place, why haven't they corrected any of the journalists and sites claiming they have. My guess is poor sales. Goes both ways.

Those articles are from the beginning of the year. I do believe the PS3 did pass the 360. That doesn't mean the 360 couldn't pass right back, which leads us to all the speculation and cover up. Who knows what the numbers are now? Not me.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

In the long run, PS4 is going to lead the entire generation and could win by a large margin.  TitanFall is the only real Ace up MS's sleeve, but it's a one shot deal.  They don't own the IP, so it's almost guaranteed to be coming to PS4 like Mass Effect and Bioshock made it to PS3.  MS doesn't have the first party lineup to compete with Sony year after year.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="kingtito"] True. Why would Sony all of a sudden start combining numbers? Why haven't cows asked that very question? Sony hasn't explained why but my guess is poor sales. FoxbatAlpha

Those articles are from the beginning of the year. I do believe the PS3 did pass the 360. That doesn't mean the 360 couldn't pass right back, which leads us to all the speculation and cover up. Who knows what the numbers are now? Not me.

And what is going to boost 360 sales over PS3?  PS3 still has GT6, Beyond Two Souls, Puppeteer, and a Ratchet and Clank game coming.  There's plenty of reason to buy up a cheap PS3 this fall.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Yep, Xbox never won a generation. It's a losing console...for losers. :lol: :lol :lol: Lol lems, bu...bu...bu...you can't play sales???!!!!!!!!! :lol:Suppaman100
It is true Xbox has never won but at least it never came in last like the Playstation 3 did.

Not only does PS3 have the smallest sales but also the smallest game library.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

The PS3 was a year behind and it still managed to finally catch up and win the race before the next gen starts. (lol wii u...cute) What on gods name do you think the PS4 will do to the Xbone with both consoles releasing in the same month? Will the sales gap be like what the PS2 did to the Xbox?

Omega-316

It should comfortably outsell the Xbone, the PS3s launch was a train wreak, but it still comfortably outsold the 360 by over 1 million units in it's first year, which pretty much sums up the huge advantage the Playstation brand has in terms of popularity and loyal supporters. Also MS have done a pretty good job at trashing their own console launch, so 4-1 or 5-1 WW seems fairly likely to me.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 FoxbatAlpha

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="DerekLoffin"] And if MS hasn't lost 2nd place, why haven't they corrected any of the journalists and sites claiming they have. My guess is poor sales. Goes both ways.-ArchAngeL-777-

And what is going to boost 360 sales over PS3?  PS3 still has GT6, Beyond Two Souls, Puppeteer, and a Ratchet and Clank game coming.  There's plenty of reason to buy up a cheap PS3 this fall.

It might not get boosted over the PS3.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kingtito

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="DerekLoffin"] And if MS hasn't lost 2nd place, why haven't they corrected any of the journalists and sites claiming they have. My guess is poor sales. Goes both ways.-ArchAngeL-777-

And what is going to boost 360 sales over PS3? PS3 still has GT6, Beyond Two Souls, Puppeteer, and a Ratchet and Clank game coming. There's plenty of reason to buy up a cheap PS3 this fall.

Does anyone really care at this point? The gen is over so why care about boosting sales at this point.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FoxbatAlpha

[QUOTE="-ArchAngeL-777-"]

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"] Those articles are from the beginning of the year. I do believe the PS3 did pass the 360. That doesn't mean the 360 couldn't pass right back, which leads us to all the speculation and cover up. Who knows what the numbers are now? Not me.kingtito

And what is going to boost 360 sales over PS3? PS3 still has GT6, Beyond Two Souls, Puppeteer, and a Ratchet and Clank game coming. There's plenty of reason to buy up a cheap PS3 this fall.

Does anyone really care at this point? The gen is over so why care about boosting sales at this point.

All I care about is that sweet, sexy X1 on Day One. AWWEEE YEEEEEAAH.
Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
At the end of the day Sony lost, Nintendo and Microsoft both made huge gains in market share and Sony lost out. So really cows don't celebrate to much.
Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Kaz_Son
Member since 2013 • 1389 Posts

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"]Yep, Xbox never won a generation. It's a losing console...for losers. :lol: :lol :lol: Lol lems, bu...bu...bu...you can't play sales???!!!!!!!!! :lol:CanYouDiglt

It is true Xbox has never won but at least it never came in last like the Playstation 3 did.

Not only does PS3 have the smallest sales but also the smallest game library.

:lol: 360 is in last place. #Dealwithit
Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts
[QUOTE="Suppaman100"]Yep, Xbox never won a generation. It's a losing console...for losers. :lol: :lol :lol: Lol lems, bu...bu...bu...you can't play sales???!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Lmao TLHBO MS will win a console generation when Japan sink into ocean preventing Sony and Nintendo from make new console. :lol: Maybe not, because Apple probably makes console then and beats MS LOL.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kingtito
[QUOTE="Suppaman100"]Yep, Xbox never won a generation. It's a losing console...for losers. :lol: :lol :lol: Lol lems, bu...bu...bu...you can't play sales???!!!!!!!!! :lol:Mr-Kutaragi
Lmao TLHBO MS will win a console generation when Japan sink into ocean preventing Sony and Nintendo from make new console. :lol: Maybe not, because Apple probably makes console then and beats MS LOL.

You're an idiot. Just leave the thread if you're not going to add anything.
dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

The PS3 was a year behind and it still managed to finally catch up and win the race before the next gen starts. (lol wii u...cute) What on gods name do you think the PS4 will do to the Xbone with both consoles releasing in the same month? Will the sales gap be like what the PS2 did to the Xbox?

Omega-316
The European and Japanese markets were primarily responsible for the PS3 finally outselling the Xbox 360 towards the end. I do think PS4 will outsell Xbox One, but not by the margin that PS2 did to Xbox. The PS2 sold 150M to Xbox 24. That's approximately 7.5:1. It's not going to be that ridiculous. At this current rate, it looks like it will sell double the units of Xbox One, so 2:1
Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr-Kutaragi"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"]Yep, Xbox never won a generation. It's a losing console...for losers. :lol: :lol :lol: Lol lems, bu...bu...bu...you can't play sales???!!!!!!!!! :lol:kingtito

Butthurting princess. Please do not cry of last place status. Losing to $600 year late console is not such bad... nevermind yes is. :lol:
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Lol at the OP edit .

Lulzchartz delirium figures didn't quite work as usual :lol:

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="Mr-Kutaragi"] Lmao TLHBO MS will win a console generation when Japan sink into ocean preventing Sony and Nintendo from make new console. :lol: Maybe not, because Apple probably makes console then and beats MS LOL.Mr-Kutaragi

Butthurting princess. Please do not cry of last place status. Losing to $600 year late console is not such bad... nevermind yes is. :lol:

Butthurt at what? The fact that you're an idiot makes ME butthurt? Perhaps you should try and add somethin for once instead of sounding like clueless dumb@ss.
TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
Who cares who sells more? The ps4 is better
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Omega-316

It's not as if the PS3 was at a complete disadvantage.

The original Xbox was an unpopular brand in Japan and Europe prior to the 360 release (and still is unpopular in Japan, and in many European markets). The Xbox also only sold 27 million units so brand recognition was tiny in general at that point. Along with that the 360 was also the only console with pay2play online multiplayer, and it suffered from RROD which kept a lot of people from buying it.

The Xbox 360 had a ton of things going against it, and still managed to sell as well, if not better, than Playstation, and it also accumulated more games, and more software sales. That's a pretty huge win.

This gen starts out differently than last, but there is no way to guarantee a winner before launch because we don't know what will happen. A few questions you could ask are:

• Is it the mainstream audience preordering PS4's at launch, or the hardcore fanbase? Will the PS4 sell steadily for the next 5 years, or drop off after the initial launch phase much like the Wii U did?
  • Will the PS4 suffer a DRE or RROD type problem that causes people to distrust the product, and move elsewhere? 
  • Will the Xbox One see a humungous increase in hardware sales after its first price drop much like the PS3 did? 
  • Will the casual audience flock back to smartphones/tablets after the launch phase is over leaving every console to sell less than their predecessor?

And so on, and so forth. There are a ton of potential situations that can result in success, or failure for any of the console makers. There's NO POSSIBLE WAY to gauge success based off of past success, or preorders.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

I_AM_MEGATRON

So Sony sld 7 million PS3's in one month?
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Jakandsigz
I have yet to see databases, video game consoles tracking sites, sales wikis, stock figures, wikipedia or Sony announce they outsold the 360. What I see in this thread is VGchartz.
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts

360 outsold ps3

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

lol cows are misunderstand sony mix ps3 sales with ps2 so we don't know the actual numbers of ps3 sales

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"] Stupid stupid stupid? Yeah that's what I think when I see your posts too. But keep on the damage control. PS3 leads in sales. :cool.Suppaman100

official numbers please

http://www.examiner.com/article/playstation-3-beats-xbox-360-s-lifetime-sales http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/14959/article/report-ps3-passes-xbox-360-in-lifetime-global-sales/ http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/01/14/playstation-3-overtakes-xbox-360-lifetime-global-sales/ ...there are more sources. Also notice, these articles are from months ago, so PS3 has an even bigger advantage now. But hey keep on the damage control lems. PS3 wins. :cool:

Sales data provided by Vgchartz,lol
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#93 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

lol VGChartz as a source.

Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Kaz_Son
:cool: Flopbox One has no chance. The only thing M$ has managed to outsell is the Gamecube in their entire time in the console business.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Jakandsigz
:cool: Flopbox One has no chance. The only thing M$ has managed to outsell is the Gamecube in their entire time in the console business. Kaz_Son
And the PS3.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 delta3074
:cool: Flopbox One has no chance. The only thing M$ has managed to outsell is the Gamecube in their entire time in the console business. Kaz_Son
you forgot the dreamcast, jaguar, 3DO and saturn. Have not been gaming long have you?
Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Kaz_Son
[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]:cool: Flopbox One has no chance. The only thing M$ has managed to outsell is the Gamecube in their entire time in the console business. Jakandsigz
And the PS3.

:cool: Nope, 360 is dead last #dealwithit
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Jakandsigz
[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]:cool: Flopbox One has no chance. The only thing M$ has managed to outsell is the Gamecube in their entire time in the console business. Kaz_Son
And the PS3.

Proof?
Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Kaz_Son
[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"][QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] And the PS3.

Proof?

:cool: Your butthurt tears is all the proof you need.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 delta3074
[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="Kaz_Son"][QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] And the PS3.

Proof?

don't hold your breath mate:)