The Order Devs: "Game Rendered 1080p w/ 4xMSAA

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

RAAAAA MAAAAA OOOOHHHH LAAAA LAAAA.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sts106mat said:

Resident Evil 4 did not have black bars on my TV....maybe it was a PAL / NTSC thing. I played the PS2 version on a 28" 4:3 TV

That is because the PS2 version didn't have black bars,it was the original Gamecube version the one with black bars,remember it was a port on PS2.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

1080p, 4xaa? With midrange hardware? Those resources should go elsewhere...the game's going to look clean, but not very detailed (something has to give, and msaa is not cheap on the hardware, meaning less number crunching going on elsewhere)

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Too bad the PS4 isn't powerful enough to make that happen at 60FPS, after all that is the true definition of next gen gaming.

this is the pot calling the kettle black...when your precious xbone can't even get half the specs most ps4 titles can... why bash something your console of choice can't even achieve itself 90% of the time... jeesh lol.

Just saying you cows say 1080P/60fps all day until most of the PS4 games can't reach that, then the tune changes......

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Man... I really do not care about the technical aspect of the game right now. I want to see the game running in real time.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@zeeshanhaider: Yeah that is why TLOU just dominated GOTY awards. No PC exclusive was even in contention.

Now let's see who were the target audience for the GOTY awards...????? Hmmmmmmm.....Oh, yeah....right....the brain dead peasants with passion for press 'X' to win games. Try again.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 tormentos

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Too bad the PS4 isn't powerful enough to make that happen at 60FPS, after all that is the true definition of next gen gaming.

this is the pot calling the kettle black...when your precious xbone can't even get half the specs most ps4 titles can... why bash something your console of choice can't even achieve itself 90% of the time... jeesh lol.

Just saying you cows say 1080P/60fps all day until most of the PS4 games can't reach that, then the tune changes......

Infamous since before launch was confirmed to be 30 FPS it was never confirmed for 60,30 is acceptable 60 is better,and the xbox one which you defend can run even less 60 FPS.

@zeeshanhaider said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@zeeshanhaider: Yeah that is why TLOU just dominated GOTY awards. No PC exclusive was even in contention.

Now let's see who were the target audience for the GOTY awards...????? Hmmmmmmm.....Oh, yeah....right....the brain dead peasants with passion for press 'X' to win games. Try again.

When was the last time PC got something even relevant to play,most are multiplatform and sh**ty games over hyped by its graphics....

Gameranking and Meta are a testament of that the highest rated games there are console ones.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@tormentos hmmmmmmmmm Forza 5 runs 1080P/60FPS.....weird

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

So confirmed that the black bars are due to limitations

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

I do believe now that they chose the aspect ratio first, and are now taking advantage of the extra performance in other places.

But this is a misguided and rather asinine decision to make. To add black bars to a 16:9 TV screen because when you play some movies on said TV that were meant to be played on 2.40:1 movie screen, black bars obvisouly must appear... it's just ridiculous.

No one WANTS black bars on their TV when watchign a movie. It's an abberation caused by the different screen formats. If TV's had screens that automagically grew wider to accommodate the aspect ratio of the content, EVERYONE would use that feature.

It's like saying: "Hey! I know! instead of having 7.1 surround sound, let's only have 2.1! Because people without 7.1 systems want to truly feel immersed by exactly replicating the inferior experience of listening to a movie on their speakers at home, vs the sound system at a movie theater!"

Yeah, ok.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Infamous since before launch was confirmed to be 30 FPS it was never confirmed for 60,30 is acceptable 60 is better,and the xbox one which you defend can run even less 60 FPS.

@zeeshanhaider said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

When was the last time PC got something even relevant to play,most are multiplatform and sh**ty games over hyped by its graphics....

Gameranking and Meta are a testament of that the highest rated games there are console ones.

Looks like I strive a nerve. We have more AAA, AA, A than all consoles combined. And sorry, the highest rated games aren't console exclusives. Remain butthurt.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@silversix_ said:

One thing i don't understand when it comes to AA is how in the actual **** aren't they using x4AA (minimum) in every title? How is it that with 512MB we were getting shitty FXAA/no AA and with 8GB of GDDR5 we're getting FXAA/no aa? What the **** is this? I understand AA isn't 100% on RAM but the gpu as well but come da fk on... No AA with 8GB is even in discussion? REALLY??? AF is another thing i really don't understand why devs aren't using (or using very low amount) when this thing isn't even noticeable in performance loss but is VERY noticeable graphically.

MSAA also needs plenty of bandwidth. Remember, 7970 also has 32 ROPS with superior memory bandwidth and these ROPS also contains MSAA processors.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ronvalencia

@darkangel115 said:

LOL, I claimed 1920x800 was a hardware limitation and torms claims otherwise.

There's a reason why I have bought 7950-900Mhz(firmware overclock edition) and 7970 instead of the lesser 7850/7870 GE. I replaced 7950-900Mhz with R9-290 in LAN party mini-itx PC and CF 7950-900Mhz/7970 in my tower PC.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I've been away for a week. Pity I missed all the lem tears about The Order running 4xMSAA and giving the Xbone's meagre games a kicking. Can't wait to see it in action!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ronvalencia

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I've been away for a week. Pity I missed all the lem tears about The Order running 4xMSAA and giving the Xbone's meagre games a kicking. Can't wait to see it in action!

One problem, SMAA (Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing) rivals 4X MSAA

From http://vimeo.com/31247769#at=0

SMAA is a new image-based, post-processing antialiasing technique, that offers practical solutions to all the common problems of existing filter-based antialiasing algorithms. It yields better pattern detection to handle sharp geometric features and diagonal shapes. Our edge detection scheme exploits local contrast features, along with accelerated and more precise distance searches, which allows to better recognize the patterns to antialias. Our method is capable of reconstructing subpixel features, comparable to 4x multisampling, and is fully customizable, so that every feature can be turned on or off, adjusting to particular needs. We propose four different presets, from the basic level to adding spatial multisampling and temporal supersampling. Even this full-fledged version achieves performances that are on-par with the fastest approaches available, while yielding superior quality.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

SMAA is a new image-based, post-processing antialiasing technique, that offers practical solutions to all the common problems of existing filter-based antialiasing algorithms. It yields better pattern detection to handle sharp geometric features and diagonal shapes. Our edge detection scheme exploits local contrast features, along with accelerated and more precise distance searches, which allows to better recognize the patterns to antialias. Our method is capable of reconstructing subpixel features, comparable to 4x multisampling, and is fully customizable, so that every feature can be turned on or off, adjusting to particular needs. We propose four different presets, from the basic level to adding spatial multisampling and temporal supersampling. Even this full-fledged version achieves performances that are on-par with the fastest approaches available, while yielding superior quality.

And?

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

what happened to teh 1080pzzzzz lol and the 60fpssssssss

black bars are artistic now? lol dear o dear how stupid do cows look now.

fog is artistic too! so are crappy textures lol

TCHBO

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

@darkangel115 said:

There's a reason why I have bought 7950-900Mhz(firmware overclock edition) and 7970 instead of the lesser 7850/7870 GE. I replaced 7950-900Mhz with R9-290 in LAN party mini-itx PC and CF 7950-900Mhz/7970 in my tower PC.

I didn't claim other wise and all cards have a limitation and this include top of the line GPU.

MSAA has a huge hit on performance and you know it.

Battlefield 3 - 1920x1200 - Ultra Quality + 4xMSAA
Frames per Second - Higher is Better
Battlefield 3 - 1920x1200 - Ultra Quality + FXAA-High
Frames per Second - Higher is Better

7970 CF...

Close to 40 FPS hit over FXAA..

All cards have limitation period,by the way the game is running at 1080p now and they don't know if they will go for that or 800p now,but the game is running at 1080p something Ryse was doing on june on E3 and got downgraded to 900p to be able to run the game,and the models were also downgraded.

Worse the game has drops to the the 17 an 18 fps and runs mostly at 26 to 28 fps...

@ronvalencia said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

SMAA does have similar results to MSAA,but it doesn't have the same hit to performance,

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

well damn...so they put no multiplayer or local co op in and set it at 30fps to save resources for they're awesome singleplayer campaign(sarcasm)...plus slapped some black bars on the baby due to limitations as well O_o

how much help does the ps4 need to run games exactly LOL? this is suppose to be "the most powerful console of all time" and easy to develop for. and they STILL have to cut all these corners to even get their exclusive games running...wow.

looks like Sony has been hyping bullshit again.

@darkangel115 said:

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

@darkangel115 said:

I didn't claim other wise and all cards have a limitation and this include top of the line GPU.

MSAA has a huge hit on performance and you know it.

Battlefield 3 - 1920x1200 - Ultra Quality + 4xMSAA

Frames per Second - Higher is Better 96.4

Battlefield 3 - 1920x1200 - Ultra Quality + FXAA-High

Frames per Second - Higher is Better 135.7

7970 CF...

Close to 40 FPS hit over FXAA..

All cards have limitation period,by the way the game is running at 1080p now and they don't know if they will go for that or 800p now,but the game is running at 1080p something Ryse was doing on june on E3 and got downgraded to 900p to be able to run the game,and the models were also downgraded.

Worse the game has drops to the the 17 an 18 fps and runs mostly at 26 to 28 fps...

@ronvalencia said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

SMAA does have similar results to MSAA,but it doesn't have the same hit to performance,

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-order-1886-is-running-at-800p-29449582/

All hardware has limits, but you supported the view for "cinematic" instead of hardware limits.

----------

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-order-1886-is-running-at-800p-29449582/

ronvalencia: "... PS4 has it's own 1080p issues".

Again, you supported the view for "cinematic experience" instead of hardware limits.

I haven't repost my SMAA post i.e. MSAA approach is a brute force method(below super sample AA) instead of doing it via a cheaper method with similar quality.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

All hardware has limits, but you supported the view for "cinematic" instead of hardware limits.

----------

Again, you supported the view for "cinematic experience" instead of hardware limits.

I haven't repost my SMAA post i.e. MSAA approach is a brute force method(below super sample AA) instead of doing it via a cheaper method with similar quality.

It was for a cinematic feel and they stated it,in fact the game hit 1080p confirmed by them,which is the argument you and several lemming didn't want to admit,so yeah it is for cinematic experience,why else would they use MSAA with the huge performance hit it had,unless they have it plan since the start,the fact that the game right now runs at 1080p without MSAA kill your whole argument unlike Ryse the game now is at 1080p without MSAA,which no xbox one game that i know use not even Ryse.

SMAA has more or less the same results but it doesn't have the same cost and your own link proved that and you know it.

I would prefer 800p with 4XMSAA over 1080p,simple because the game is not been upscale,unlike Ryse,is 800p with black bars you don't get pixels blown artifacts introduce by the scaler or blur.

@tymeservesfate said:

well damn...so they put no multiplayer or local co op in and set it at 30fps to save resources for they're awesome singleplayer campaign(sarcasm)...plus slapped some black bars on the baby due to limitations as well O_o

how much help does the ps4 need to run games exactly LOL? this is suppose to be "the most powerful console of all time" and easy to develop for. and they STILL have to cut all these corners to even get their exclusive games running...wow.

@darkangel115 said:

WTF lol....hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dude what the fu** does having multiplayer or co-op has to do with resources.? in fact co-op can be done without wasting more is just split screen,and having online multiplayer has nothing to do with resources of the unit,they could have online mode and the game would still run the same..lol

Hahahaha the game has no multiplayer to save resources..hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Some lemmings here don't even know what the fu** they argue is epic...lol

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts
@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

----------

It was for a cinematic feel and they stated it,in fact the game hit 1080p confirmed by them,which is the argument you and several lemming didn't want to admit,so yeah it is for cinematic experience,why else would they use MSAA with the huge performance hit it had,unless they have it plan since the start,the fact that the game right now runs at 1080p without MSAA kill your whole argument unlike Ryse the game now is at 1080p without MSAA,which no xbox one game that i know use not even Ryse.

SMAA has more or less the same results but it doesn't have the same cost and your own link proved that and you know it.

I would prefer 800p with 4XMSAA over 1080p,simple because the game is not been upscale,unlike Ryse,is 800p with black bars you don't get pixels blown artifacts introduce by the scaler or blur.

@tymeservesfate said:

@darkangel115 said:

WTF lol....hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dude what the fu** does having multiplayer or co-op has to do with resources.? in fact co-op can be done without wasting more is just split screen,and having online multiplayer has nothing to do with resources of the unit,they could have online mode and the game would still run the same..lol

Hahahaha the game has no multiplayer to save resources..hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Some lemmings here don't even know what the fu** they argue is epic...lol

do you even know what saving resources means....F it, do you even know what resources means, lol? Andrea Pessino even said himself that they were kept out to keep the resources to use towards the singleplayer.

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-order-1886-frame-rate-and-native-resolution-dicussed-no-multiplayer

"This response received a mixed reaction from fans, to which Pessino shared that it is better to focus and make a great single-player experience than to do a bunch of stuff poorly. Find Pessino’s explanation below:"

Better to do one thing well than a whole bunch half-assed. :) We are trying to make a SP experience you will enjoy.

seriously, you're ****'n stupid. stop trying to talk to me. ur acting like a ****'n stalker...i have at least 8 messages from you i ignored recently, CHILL THE **** OUT. all you do is talk out of your ass until you get dizzy anyway. then spaz out until you have a meltdown. you literally are the biggest idiot on here...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

----------

LOL, you still supporting "cinematic feel" when the latest statement is a choice between 1920x800p with 4X MSAA or 1920x1080p with no MSAA.

My claim for 1920x800p is a hardware limit and devs has later revealed the real reasons for resolution's cut i.e. 4X MSAA.

For 1920x1080p win, The Order could have 1920x1080p with SMAA TXx (comparable to 4X MSAA).

MSAA has it's own disadvantages when it comes to non-geometry edges i.e. aliasing and other artifacts will still be visible inside rendered polygons. MSAA is not a silver bullet for AA.

---------------

Crytek also claimed "cinematic feel" with thier Ryse. http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/26/cryteks-ceo-explains-why-ryse-is-30-fps-details-using-xbox-ones-esram-for-considerable-speed-up/

"Developers always have to choose whether they go for 60 or 30fps, depending on the type of game and complexity of the project. With Ryse, we wanted to go for a very emotional experience with complex and dramatic lighting, high fidelity environments, and rich characters and character animations. So 30fps was our choice, and we believe that most developers will go for richer worlds at 30 frames per second rather than 60fps – which would call for compromises, as 60fps demands twice the amount of compute rendering speed. 30fps is a standard that is above, for example, what most cinemas use for showing films"

http://gearnuke.com/ryse-downgrade-officially-confirmed-crytek-ceo/

"This confirmation came hot of the heels of the news that Ryse is not native 1080p and will run at 900p on Xbox One. Crytek CEO Yerli talked more about his game in an interview to VentureBeat. In this interview he said that they wanted to focus on a more cinematic experience for Ryse, bridging the gap between film and games"

---------------

Only the gaming PCs can drive ultra wide screens e.g. 2560 x 1080p (21:9 ratio).

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 tormentos

@tymeservesfate said:

do you even know what saving resources means....F it, do you even know what resources means, lol? Andrea Pessino even said himself that they were kept out to keep the resources to use towards the singleplayer.

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-order-1886-frame-rate-and-native-resolution-dicussed-no-multiplayer

"This response received a mixed reaction from fans, to which Pessino shared that it is better to focus and make a great single-player experience than to do a bunch of stuff poorly. Find Pessino’s explanation below:"

Better to do one thing well than a whole bunch half-assed. :) We are trying to make a SP experience you will enjoy.

seriously, you're ****'n stupid. stop trying to talk to me. ur acting like a ****'n stalker...i have at least 8 messages from you i ignored recently, CHILL THE **** OUT. all you do is talk out of your ass until you get dizzy anyway. then spaz out until you have a meltdown. you literally are the biggest idiot on here...

The resources he speak you moron are money and develop time,don't have to do with performance idiot..lol

What he is saying is that he would rather put all efforts into making a great single player campaign,rather than doing a good single player campaign and a mediocre multiplayer one,even more for this game because it most be ready for fall to be release this year.

You are an idiot i reply to you like any one else,don't like it quit the damn forum you idiot you just hate been prove wrong..

Oh by the way one of the biggest examples of what he say is Bioshock the first game didn't have multiplayer,the sequel does have multiplayer but single player is not as good,and multiplayer sucked ass.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 tormentos

@sts106mat said:

shit example as it wasn't developed by the same team. come on think Eltormo......think.

It was the same team more or less moron...

Irrational games = boston 2K First Bioshock developer.

The second game was made by 2K marin.

2k Marin was a mix,Were irrational games/2k australia also work.

So yeah the second game wasn't as good and single player sucked,i played both games an i owned Bioshok since launch on xbox 360.