The Order 1886 dev says "final" review is this one

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

https://twitter.com/AndreaPessino/status/571137039753564161

Ok, i had to post this just because of how sad Andrea Pessino is getting over the scores of his game. It was like this before embargo, but yesterday, Pessino linked this "clearly well made" review of The Order 1886 that he calls the "final" one.

Watch the whole thing, really.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Yeah, as if he's gonna refer to the Gamespot review, for example.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Still going to play it and enjoy it.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@Heil68 said:

i thought it was a day1 for you how come you havent played it yet then?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

@pelvist: Heil has been too busy playing all of those other great PS4 and Vita exclusives released over the last few months. Clearly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

lol dat damage control.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Ok, i had to post this just because of how sad Andrea Pessino is getting over the scores of his game. It was like this before embargo, but yesterday, Pessino linked this "clearly well made" review of The Order 1886 that he calls the "final" one.

Is hard not to agree with him reviewers were expecting Skyrim out of this game when since day 1 it has been tag as a cinematic experience the game even ditched the whole 1080p crap in order to have a 2.40.1 ratio like movies.

Is sad because the game is not a 5 or even lower i saw score of 1 and 2 which is completely stupid and moronic.

As you can see he did a great job on that review to the point were he even avoided comparing it to games like Gears or games that are on xbox,he when and compare it with TLOU and Uncharted,then he bring Flower nothing but PS games to show how reviewers were skew.

I don't think this game is a 9 or 10 but a 5 it certainly wasn't and the game isn't even broken like DC or other games.

What he say is true the developer of this game didn't sell you a GTA,a COD or Skyrim type of game they have been pretty vocal about what it was,a cinematic experience don't like those what the fu** are you doing playing the game it should be as simple as that and should apply to reviewers as well,unless that reviewer can review a game without letting his personal feeling for a genre or certain type of game in..

Was Ryse sold as a cinematic experience.? It was sold as a hack and slash with pretty graphics it even has online and still scored low.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@tormentos said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Is hard not to agree with him reviewers were expecting Skyrim out of this game when since day 1 it has been tag as a cinematic experience the game even ditched the whole 1080p crap in order to have a 2.40.1 ratio like movies.

Is sad because the game is not a 5 or even lower i saw score of 1 and 2 which is completely stupid and moronic.

As you can see he did a great job on that review to the point were he even avoided comparing it to games like Gears or games that are on xbox,he when and compare it with TLOU and Uncharted,then he bring Flower nothing but PS games to show how reviewers were skew.

I don't think this game is a 9 or 10 but a 5 it certainly wasn't and the game isn't even broken like DC or other games.

What he say is true the developer of this game didn't sell you a GTA,a COD or Skyrim type of game they have been pretty vocal about what it was,a cinematic experience don't like those what the fu** are you doing playing the game it should be as simple as that and should apply to reviewers as well,unless that reviewer can review a game without letting his personal feeling for a genre or certain type of game in..

Was Ryse sold as a cinematic experience.? It was sold as a hack and slash with pretty graphics it even has online and still scored low.

YOU would agree with that shill review.

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

The salt is real.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

This man is a misunderstood genius ahead of his time.

Everyone is wrong. So called "people".

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

Game got the scores it deserved, dev has to deal with it and make sure they make a game next time instead of a stupid movie

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

A review about review scores ? What the hell ?! :/

Clearly they should've made a review embargo where reviews above a certain score could be published first, while other reviews had to wait if they care that much about what their bloody 5 hour rollercoaster scored.

@Thunderdrone said:

LOL the simpsons is so awesome !

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

So when do lemmings stop whining about The Order? Before or after Bloodborne is released?

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#15 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Haha I always thought this kind of DC was exclusive to fanboys, but nope.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Great reviewer. Explains himself very well and gives a criteria for the review.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

I actually agree with this guy for the most part. I'd say the game is a high 7 almost an 8. I don't agree with the whole people should be fired for their opinion but whatever.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tormentos

@Snugenz said:

Sadly what he say apply to any game including PC or xbox,rating a game low because it broken like DC is fine,but the order isn't and wasn't sold to people as anything other than what it is.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

Sadly what he say apply to any game including PC or xbox,rating a game low because it broken like DC is fine,but the order isn't and wasn't sold to people as anything other than what it is.

A pile of shit? Which is what it is? And subsequently, how how was viewed?

Homeworld is a story driven cinematic game; why are they tearing that apart like the order?

Reason: Because it isn't shit

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50588 Posts

Dude needs to get over it

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

hahaha, you really don't know what you're talking about when it's something besides sales and tech face offs.

Driveclub was functioning fine for reviewers. The connectivity issues only happened for normal players.

@Heil68 said:

I know Heil. That's why i like you. :)

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freedomfreak

The Order being functional doesn't exclude it from criticism. That's a shitty argument.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Heil68

@pelvist said:

@Heil68 said:

i thought it was a day1 for you how come you havent played it yet then?

I thought I was going to, then i found out the length of the game and that's not worth $60 to me. I have a huge backlog to..

DA Inquisition

Dying light

Both of those for PS4 which I haven't played

Splinter Cell Black List

Batman Origins

Both for PS3 i haven't played

Still need to finish GTA V and mop up FC4 for PS4

I'm not hurting for games to play :P

I want Helldivers next week too...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

But the reviews said it had no gameplay and was dull.

-

The guy from this review is a complete DICK. So according to him, anyone who accepts reviews is an "imbecile"... Fine then if it turns out to be shit game, this prick can pay me back the £40 - £50 I wasted on it.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The dev is clearly upset. He obviously felt the hard work put in warrants a better pool of reviews. Whether the game sucks or not, he still has sales to look forward to.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#27  Edited By SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

The Order being functional doesn't exclude it from criticism. That's a shitty argument.

It is. So is the whole "high production value" argument. It doesn't matter how shiny or realistic your graphics are if the gameplay itself is bland.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Snugenz
@sts106mat said:

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

QFT

See below.

@freedomfreak said:

Exactly and it deserves every criticism thrown at it's gameplay or lack thereof, something this shill review completely avoids doing.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tormentos

@uninspiredcup said:

A pile of shit? Which is what it is? And subsequently, how how was viewed?

Homeworld is a story driven cinematic game; why are they tearing that apart like the order?

Reason: Because it isn't shit

To a sad butthurt hermit like your self probably.

Any reviewer who slammed this game for been cinematic is a god damn moron.

The game wasn't sold as an fast paced action shooter or anything of that sort.

@deadline-zero0 said:

hahaha, you really don't know what you're talking about when it's something besides sales and tech face offs.

Driveclub was functioning fine for reviewers. The connectivity issues only happened for normal players.

I know Heil. That's why i like you. :)

Oh really lets see what excuse you use on this one....

http://www.gamespot.com/the-master-chief-collection/

Again rating a game low because it is broken is ok,but you don't complain about a game been to cinematic when it was sold to you as a damn cinematic experience beyond other done before,even down right to the reaking camera filters and screen ratio.

@Snugenz said:

See below.

@freedomfreak said:

Exactly and it deserves every criticism thrown at it's gameplay or lack thereof, something this shill review completely avoids doing.

Considering you are a blind biased fanboy your opinion means 100 times less than him,at least he wasn't even fanboy enough to bring Gears into the video and show the many ass things both games have in common which fanboy loved gears for years for.

Including movies.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I just beat it yesterday, a huge disappointment and waste of 60 bucks

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DEadliNE-Zero0

@tormentos: It got a 6. What's the issue?

The positive reviews for Halo MCC where from sites that only played the press CD single player campaigns. Those work.

However, because press didn't have access to servers for multiplayer games, like with DC, some sites like GS had to wait for the official release and play the mp along with everyone else. That's why it got a 6 here and Polygon even had to chnage the score. Except IGN, i believe. I guess they didn't run into a problem.

If DC had been judged based on broken multiplayer, aswell has the low car selection, european only brands, no tuning, no car/tire damage, generic carrer tour and stupid penalty system, it would have gotten even lower scores.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Snugenz

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

See below.

@freedomfreak said:

Considering you are a blind biased fanboy your opinion means 100 times less than him,at least he wasn't even fanboy enough to bring Gears into the video and show the many ass things both games have in common which fanboy loved gears for years for.

Including movies.

How exactly am i a blind biased fanboy?, do i post like you, no, do i make shilly video reviews like the one in the OP, no.

Just typical el tomatoes, when you can't fight the argument you resort to ad hominem attacks. Grow up.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

It was sold as a mediocre game with little value. Has gaming really gotten that bad that games deserve high scores just for working on release?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

If games should be rated for what they're trying to be, than every game would be perfect.

Crytek:"Our goal with Ryse: Son of Rome is to make a game with amazing graphical technology, to push the Cryengine even further and deliver a gimpse into what real time graphics can look like in the future. Gameplay and story..............well............it's a game, but it's not something we're focused on. Aslong has you can swing a sword, block attacks and there's cutscenes, it's perfect."

Gamespot: 9. Best graphics i've ever seen.

IGN:Crytek delivers on their vision. Superb fidelity. 10

Eurogamer:The love the studio has put into the graphics is outstanding. Simply amazing. Essential.

Kotaku:YES. Ryse set a new bar for real time graphics. I enjoyed my time watching every blade of grass. Best grass i've seen

Ryse. Son of Rome- 200+ GOTY Awards

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Snugenz

@deadline-zero0 said:

If games should be rated for what they're trying to be, than every game would be perfect.

Crytek:"Our goal with Ryse: Son of Rome is to make a game with amazing graphical technology, to push the Cryengine even further and deliver a gimpse into what real time graphics can look like in the future. Gameplay and story..............well............it's a game, but it's not something we're focused on. Aslong has you can swing a sword, block attacks and there's cutscenes, it's perfect."

Eurogamer:The love the studio has put into the graphics is outstanding. Simply amazing. Essential.

Kotaku:YES. Ryse set a new bar for real time graphics. I enjoyed my time watching every blade of grass. Best grass i've seen

Well put.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Well done

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

i agree with him but the price of this game isn't right. if your game is this linear, offers zero replayablity AND is this short, why the f8ck was this priced at $69.99 here in Cananda? Game deserves the low scores because it offered nothing for the price you've payed.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I am playing it and it looks nice but the game play is bad unfortunately. Not enjoyable.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 freedomfreak

@deadline-zero0:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Heil68

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

I'll rent it then :D

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

"...8/10, a solid, respectable score..."

This is the problem. 8/10 Shouldn't be considered a solid score. it should be considered a great score. 80% is a first class honours at university. I don't think you would call any student who achieves a first a 'solid, respectable' student. They're a fucking great student.

Anyway the whole review is lols and the way he calls out other reviewers as "dude bro gamers" makes him sound like a petulant child.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Snugenz

@dommeus said:

"...8/10, a solid, respectable score..."

This is the problem. 8/10 Shouldn't be considered a solid score. it should be considered a great score. 80% is a first class honours at university. I don't think you would call any student who achieves a first a 'solid, respectable' student. They're a fucking great student.

Anyway the whole review is lols and the way he calls out other reviewers as "dude bro gamers" makes him sound like a petulant child.

What's a little funnier about him calling out "dudebro gamers" is that his channel is filled with CoD videos... lol

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Heil68 said:

I'll rent it then :D

yeah if you can redbox it for a few bucks, you might enjoy it. Its really a short and sometimes polished turd. huge disappointment. It felt like the game is half done and sony was like nah we delayed it enough, just release it as is.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

So from what I gathered from the CTO is that the product they spent years working on, in his eyes, was a "solid respectable game" and an 8/10, he has no confidence it is a better game than that!? Considering RAD's history, that's kind of sad how they are "settling" for an 80%, when none of their previous games have gone below 84 on Metacritic.

That review was pretty bad too.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#46 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Well... An 8/10 to me is like... Great... Whereas a 6/10 is a good game. So if you're going by reviews it's like... The Order is still a good game, just with flaws. So worth picking up probably down the line.

But man... That video drove me nuts. "Let me put my arbitrary scoring calculator into effect, even though it's not what other reviewers are using, just to prove how wrong they are cause theyre a bunch of flupping idiots!" Seriously.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

I agree with the review and enjoyed the game immensely. It's hip to hate and has been before the review when it comes to this game.

The combat is very satisfying and the story is solid and well paced.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

I'm glad the game creator found a review that gives an accurate representation of how they feel about the game.

But really? To the people saying reviewers can't critique a game for "what being what was sold to them" is pretty laughable. The idea that you have to review a product as a single entity without comparing it to other games within its genre or media is absurd.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Unfortunately for the developer, you don't get to pick and choose which reviews are relevant or not.

Get over it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45253 Posts

I guess nothing going on in the PC world if TC is resorting to Playstation posts.