The Order 1886 dev says "final" review is this one

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@tormentos said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

https://twitter.com/AndreaPessino/status/571137039753564161

Ok, i had to post this just because of how sad Andrea Pessino is getting over the scores of his game. It was like this before embargo, but yesterday, Pessino linked this "clearly well made" review of The Order 1886 that he calls the "final" one.

Watch the whole thing, really.

Is hard not to agree with him reviewers were expecting Skyrim out of this game when since day 1 it has been tag as a cinematic experience the game even ditched the whole 1080p crap in order to have a 2.40.1 ratio like movies.

Is sad because the game is not a 5 or even lower i saw score of 1 and 2 which is completely stupid and moronic.

As you can see he did a great job on that review to the point were he even avoided comparing it to games like Gears or games that are on xbox,he when and compare it with TLOU and Uncharted,then he bring Flower nothing but PS games to show how reviewers were skew.

I don't think this game is a 9 or 10 but a 5 it certainly wasn't and the game isn't even broken like DC or other games.

What he say is true the developer of this game didn't sell you a GTA,a COD or Skyrim type of game they have been pretty vocal about what it was,a cinematic experience don't like those what the fu** are you doing playing the game it should be as simple as that and should apply to reviewers as well,unless that reviewer can review a game without letting his personal feeling for a genre or certain type of game in..

Was Ryse sold as a cinematic experience.? It was sold as a hack and slash with pretty graphics it even has online and still scored low.

Wait did I read that correctly? I remember El-Tomato picking up fights with everyone over the out of Order 800p being 1080p. Man how quickly cows change their argument to suit their needs. :D

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@tormentos said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

https://twitter.com/AndreaPessino/status/571137039753564161

Ok, i had to post this just because of how sad Andrea Pessino is getting over the scores of his game. It was like this before embargo, but yesterday, Pessino linked this "clearly well made" review of The Order 1886 that he calls the "final" one.

Watch the whole thing, really.

Is hard not to agree with him reviewers were expecting Skyrim out of this game when since day 1 it has been tag as a cinematic experience the game even ditched the whole 1080p crap in order to have a 2.40.1 ratio like movies.

Is sad because the game is not a 5 or even lower i saw score of 1 and 2 which is completely stupid and moronic.

As you can see he did a great job on that review to the point were he even avoided comparing it to games like Gears or games that are on xbox,he when and compare it with TLOU and Uncharted,then he bring Flower nothing but PS games to show how reviewers were skew.

I don't think this game is a 9 or 10 but a 5 it certainly wasn't and the game isn't even broken like DC or other games.

What he say is true the developer of this game didn't sell you a GTA,a COD or Skyrim type of game they have been pretty vocal about what it was,a cinematic experience don't like those what the fu** are you doing playing the game it should be as simple as that and should apply to reviewers as well,unless that reviewer can review a game without letting his personal feeling for a genre or certain type of game in..

Was Ryse sold as a cinematic experience.? It was sold as a hack and slash with pretty graphics it even has online and still scored low.

Oddly, the reviewers were expecting a game. All the reviews I've seen have, essentially, said the gameplay sucks. Other than the hardcore PS4 gamers on here, everyone I know who has played it says the gameplay sucks, every single one of them have since traded it in.

A turd is a turd, even if it's polished and has pretty ribbon round it.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

The reviewer brings up some good points but insulting people is never a good thing.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

cows and their non-games. lmao.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 -God-

@GarGx1 said:

@tormentos said:

Oddly, the reviewers were expecting a game. All the reviews I've seen have, essentially, said the gameplay sucks. Other than the hardcore PS4 gamers on here, everyone I know who has played it says the gameplay sucks, every single one of them have since traded it in.

Destroyed.

Fleeboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Fleeboi
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts

@-God- said:

@GarGx1 said:

@tormentos said:

Destroyed.

Hardly, considering Gone Home got a 9.5 here, where was the "game" in that?

The Order is difficult to review due to its grey area of where it lies, it primarily aims at giving a cinematic storytelling experience, such the same with games like Dear Esther etc, yet it also has traditional cover shooter gameplay mechanics that also make it appealing to regular gamers.

The odd thing is in this scenario is that if RAD decided to go full tilt with the cinematic storytelling ala Dear Esther, it would most likely have scored higher by simply cutting out the action sequences, there would be no mistaking the game for what it is trying to be. So by adding more to the game they inadvertently increased people's expectations beyond what the game was intended to be, which led to its poor reviews.

There was several parts of The Order that I felt it could massively improve on myself but I would still give it a solid 7.5, it's not a bad game but it falls just short of being a great one.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22745 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: in all my years on this board, I can't say I've ever seen someone so disturbed by a flop... You should attempt to show some humility, it helps the healing process.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@tormentos: No one who knew what this game was was expecting something akin to The Elder Scrolls.

High on production values, low on content. The devs came out and said it when it was announced a less than 10 hour campaign (usually between 6-8 hours) and nothing else.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Still going to play it and enjoy it.

lol keep telling that to yourself, you lost cow.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 -God-

@Fleeboi said:

The Order is difficult to review due to its grey area of where it lies, it primarily aims at giving a cinematic storytelling experience, such the same with games like Dear Esther etc, yet it also has traditional cover shooter gameplay mechanics that also make it appealing to regular gamers.

What a bunch of bullshit.

The game is terrible. Get over yourselves. I didn't see this type of damage control for Ryse, because lemmings aren't as slavish worshipers to their console of choice.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#61 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@Fleeboi: The problem is that the story elements were also received negative criticism, so if they went completely in the direction of cibematics, which one could argue they did, then they would have still failed.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#62 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

If games should be rated for what they're trying to be, than every game would be perfect.

Crytek:"Our goal with Ryse: Son of Rome is to make a game with amazing graphical technology, to push the Cryengine even further and deliver a gimpse into what real time graphics can look like in the future. Gameplay and story..............well............it's a game, but it's not something we're focused on. Aslong has you can swing a sword, block attacks and there's cutscenes, it's perfect."

Gamespot: 9. Best graphics i've ever seen.

IGN:Crytek delivers on their vision. Superb fidelity. 10

Eurogamer:The love the studio has put into the graphics is outstanding. Simply amazing. Essential.

Kotaku:YES. Ryse set a new bar for real time graphics. I enjoyed my time watching every blade of grass. Best grass i've seen

Ryse. Son of Rome- 200+ GOTY Awards

Lol.

Fleeboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Fleeboi
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts

@-God- said:

@Fleeboi said:

What a bunch of bullshit.

The game is terrible. Get over yourselves. I didn't see this type of damage control for Ryse, because lemmings aren't as slavish worshipers to their console of choice.

"Yourselves"? Are you saying I'm a cow? I'd expect as such being in system wars but honestly I couldn't give a shit what platform a game is on, I just find review criteria for games interesting in cases such as these.

How would you score games like Gone Home, Dear Esther etc?

@Minishdriveby

I agree, the story was not incredible though I thought it was interesting, and the presentation above all else was impeccable which lends itself to immersion. The movie Gravity in comparison is much the same, and was well received by most, though the ending of The Order is one left much to be desired and ultimately where it falls short. I'm just stating that a 6/10 for this seems inconsistent considering the success of "games" that do a lot less.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Beyond two souls was rated higher and is worse in every way.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I guess nothing going on in the PC world if TC is resorting to Playstation posts.

Just made a thread about Velocity 2x coming to pc yesterday. And the Batman AK thread which will be much better on pc thanks to NVIDIA effects.

Oh you mean DQ Heroes. I only posted out of interest, since i figured it was going to be on the ps3 aswell. Abit of shocking news, huh?

Dont' worry Solid, we all know that game is coming to Steam sooner rather than latter, after the ps4 launch.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

@Heil68 said:

Still going to play it and enjoy it.

lol keep telling that to yourself, you lost cow.

I found a home with current gen 8 console leader SONY with the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games, the PS4.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AM-Gamer

Funny nobody has talked about the Digital Trends review by Adam Rosenberg on metacritic. He gave "The Order 1886 " it's lowest score,2 out of 10. So I looked up his other reviews and saw he gave Ryse Son of Rome a 7.5 and Sunset Overdrive a 10.

Lmao!

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

Can RAD fire this moron already?

Please?

His salt is siphoning out whatever enjoyment i've got out of The Order 1886 Seconds Of Gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

YOU would agree with that shill review.

Sadly what he say apply to any game including PC or xbox,rating a game low because it broken like DC is fine,but the order isn't and wasn't sold to people as anything other than what it is.

I agree with that, the game works fine so that's a plus seeing how so many games came out last year that was broken. They told us it was a filmic game and thats what they delivered but still, if it's a boring game then it's just boried so you have to take points off for that.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

You know...almost all his points hit the nail on the head.

Reviewers don't know what they are doing now-a-days. And I don't see how this review is "LOL LOOK AT THIS BULLSHIT!!!" while other review sites are taken as scripture.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AM-Gamer

@Snugenz: So you have played it? Because you sound like a rabbis PS hater.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@Snugenz: So you have played it? Because you sound like a rabbis PS hater.

No i havn't and no i'm not, it's hardly a game that needs to be played to form an opinion about, afterall, the whole fucking game is on youtube and it doesn't take very long to watch it.

I own a PS4 and i do like the setting of it, but i won't give money to devs who think they can get away with shit like The Order. I'm not gonna perpetuate this shitty way of making games.

Oh and i'm not a rabbis either, i'm catholic. :P

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mr_Huggles_dog

So a few years ago....the thought was that video games had to be played to be experienced and watching them being played did not give an actual representation.

Now....all the kids are watching games being played on youtube which I hear is more popular than actually playing the game....so yeah....now we don't even have to play a game to take someones opinion seriously.

I guess I can get told the story of Gravity and just say it sucks.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Snugenz

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So a few years ago....the thought was that video games had to be played to be experienced and watching them being played did not give an actual representation.

Now....all the kids are watching games being played on youtube which I hear is more popular than actually playing the game....so yeah....now we don't even have to play a game to take someones opinion seriously.

I guess I can get told the story of Gravity and just say it sucks.

No but if you watch gravity on youtube you'd have a good impression of it... The Order isn't far removed from Gravity, just nowhere near as good of a movie.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#76 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17833 Posts

Regardless of the developer's vision for the title, the game has to be judged on it's own, as a whole. What I have played of The Order 1886, I have enjoyed. However, there has not been much variety and I think I am reaching the end. I am guessing my score will probably be 6.5. It just seems like the game does things well, but is just limited in it's scope.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@Snugenz: So you're saying that watching a movie on one venue and watching a movie on another venue is the same as watching a game being played and actually playing a game?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Snugenz

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Snugenz: So you're saying that watching a movie on one venue and watching a movie on another venue is the same as watching a game being played and actually playing a game?

No, i'm saying with a game like The Order, watching a video of the extremely linear cutscene and QTE riddled gameplay can give a good impression of the game. Enough to be able to pass an honest opinion.

It's not fucking rocket science, it's a very shallow looking 3rd person shooter, guess what i've played shallow 3rd person shooters in the past, i think i have a good idea of what another one would play like. Other than that, the story can be completely appreciated from watching a youtube video including the QTE segments.

Seriously you'd have some semblance of a point if the game had a single ounce of dept, but it doesn't.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Snugenz: See that's it.

You say it's shallow....but the gameplay is actually good. So yeah....not the same. I've played it....I should know.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 AM-Gamer

@Snugenz: Good to know people with strong hate towards the game never played it.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Snugenz

@mr_huggles_dog said:

You say it's shallow....but the gameplay is actually good. So yeah....not the same. I've played it....I should know.

A game can be good and shallow. The Order isn't 60€ good though, not even close.

@AM-Gamer It means **** all that i havn't played it when there's an avenue for me to get a very very good impression of the entire game. Come back with an actual argument next time.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

From most (if not all) of the most recognizable sites, only Gametrailers & GameInformer gave the game a good review. And that's out of 70+ reviews. The game tanked. #getoverit!

I look forward to playing it, WHEN it's in the bargain bin.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Mr_Huggles_dog

@OhSnapitz: If only there was something to get over.

I played it....enjoyed it.....can't do anything about it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By BassMan

@mr_huggles_dog said:

The gameplay is serviceable. It is nothing special. It is very basic and it strings together the different areas and cut-scenes. The game is designed to get you from point A to B so that another cutscene can be triggered. That is the problem. There is not enough variety in the gameplay. All the scripted moments happen as a cutscene or QTE and are not integrated into the gameplay.

Look at the Half-Life games. They don't even have cutscenes, but yet they are able to tell a story that you feel directly involved in because the scripted events and story telling elements are woven into the gameplay. Those are well designed games. That is why they get 9s or 10s.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15580 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Mediocre is the word you're looking for.

Everything it does in the gameplay department has been done and done much better by other games. Gears, TLOU, and Uncharted 2 are all far better constructed TPS's gameplay-wise, and all with far more content to boot. Order has very basic AI, a weak quick-time melee system, low enemy and environment variety, and really boring, basic weapons. Seriously the only interesting weapons in the game are ones you have to dump 5 minutes after getting them.

The best thing you can really say about it is it's functional and does nothing especially wrong. That doesn't mean it's worth praising in any way for anything it does.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: Yet, before the game launched, i was able to predict with acuraccy the complaints multiple reviewers had with the game, including Kevin (GS), Kotaku, IGN and a couple of others (Yes, i read the reviews), just from watching old footage and the leaked first hour of the game.

Check the hype thread and my discussion with Desmonic. I even quoted all those 3 of my posts again.

From the inclosed level design, to the cutscene overload, the lack of interactivity with the world except for those shallow inspection mechanics, to the lack of mobility and lateral or vertical design during combat. Even the overuse of weapons that are nothing but modified traditional weapons like the shotgun, automatic rifle, pistol, etc, instead of weapons like the Thermite Rifle.

Only thing i couldn't analyze was the quality of the storyline, which, after seeing the sequel bait ending, just gave way to potential fears.

You know why? Because while i can't give you details on the quality of the gunplay, movement, etc, i can easily analyze basic gameplay/level design.

Now, had the game been a more "standart" TPS like TEW and such, i might not have been able to pinpoint issues so easily. But with TO1886, the clear problems of design where obvious just by watching.

For a game i haven't played, i was pretty spot on wiht The Order, huh?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

Just got around to watching the whole video. The level of desperation and damage control in this video is unreal. As if the entire video game media industry is incapable of reviewing the game. You need to be a qualified pompous ass to do it? And it discredits him when he keeps talking about other reviewers, because it just makes him sound unbelievably butt hurt.

He also said because this game reached number 1 in the UK, it can't be shit. Does he even know how many shit games top the sales charts.

The developer needs to carry themselves with some dignity as well. This damage control is pathetic. They made a shit game live with it.

The Batman Arkham series is some of the most cinematic games I've played, with fantastic story, characters, design and the gameplay is awesome. These guys can't act like they're too good to include good gameplay and act like a bunch of artsy fartsy pricks about it having film like cinematics and then complain when people don't like it.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

A review about review scores ? What the hell ?! :/

Clearly they should've made a review embargo where reviews above a certain score could be published first, while other reviews had to wait if they care that much about what their bloody 5 hour rollercoaster scored.

@Thunderdrone said:

LOL the simpsons is so awesome !

geez, captain obvious to the rescue....how old are you? simpsons has been awesome since the 80's lol

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Mr_Huggles_dog

@deadline-zero0: You were able to predict it b/c of ppl who had played a demo saying such things. It's not like you knew from watching a trailer or something.

@Vaasman: @BassMan: It's not mediocre. The gameplay isn't anything new....but that doesn't make it crap. The gunplay satisfying....thats it....not revolutionary. Thats not to say that EITHER WAY....someone can get the feel of a game from watching a video of it.

--------

All in all....it's just a 7/10 game. It's not bad. Do I think it's worth $60? Thats for each individual to decide. But to say it is or isn't and all this based off 1. what reviewers who rated it for what it's not and not what it is.....and 2. videos..........is not how it should work.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BassMan

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@deadline-zero0: You were able to predict it b/c of ppl who had played a demo saying such things. It's not like you knew from watching a trailer or something.

@Vaasman: @BassMan: It's not mediocre. The gameplay isn't anything new....but that doesn't make it crap. The gunplay satisfying....thats it....not revolutionary. Thats not to say that EITHER WAY....someone can get the feel of a game from watching a video of it.

--------

All in all....it's just a 7/10 game. It's not bad. Do I think it's worth $60? Thats for each individual to decide. But to say it is or isn't and all this based off 1. what reviewers who rated it for what it's not and not what it is.....and 2. videos..........is not how it should work.

Mediocre does not mean bad. It just means it is nothing special. It does enough things right, but has a lot of shortcomings. As for watching a video and getting a feel for the game, that is very much possible. I can tell right away by looking at gameplay footage, the quality of the game. I have probably played over 1000 games in my lifetime, and I am very good at evaluating gameplay footage.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#91 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

You'd think maturity would be standard for a game developer, and they could accept criticism and learn from it.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By -God-

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Vaasman: @BassMan: It's not mediocre.

Agreed, it's much worse than mediocre.

Loading Video...

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Snugenz

@mr_huggles_dog said:

--------

It's a 5/10 game that was reviewed for what it is, a full priced mediocre 5-7 hour game with very little actual gameplay.

Fanboys and devs are making so many excuses for why it's been recieved so poorly that they need to step back and realize that the game just isn't as good as they'd like to believe and they're the only ones who havn't caught on to that fact yet.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#94 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts
@deadline-zero0 said:

If games should be rated for what they're trying to be, than every game would be perfect.

Crytek:"Our goal with Ryse: Son of Rome is to make a game with amazing graphical technology, to push the Cryengine even further and deliver a gimpse into what real time graphics can look like in the future. Gameplay and story..............well............it's a game, but it's not something we're focused on. Aslong has you can swing a sword, block attacks and there's cutscenes, it's perfect."

Gamespot: 9. Best graphics i've ever seen.

IGN:Crytek delivers on their vision. Superb fidelity. 10

Eurogamer:The love the studio has put into the graphics is outstanding. Simply amazing. Essential.

Kotaku:YES. Ryse set a new bar for real time graphics. I enjoyed my time watching every blade of grass. Best grass i've seen

Ryse. Son of Rome- 200+ GOTY Awards

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Snugenz: Look at the points in the video. There are other games that do exactly what The Order does that are scored higher.

And look at the last part of the video....if you even watched it....a reviewer said one thing and it was never marketed as such.

So forgive me if I seem like a fanboy and give it LOWER than what I hyped it to be. I give it a 7/10....and I hyped it for a 8/10.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Snugenz

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Snugenz: Look at the points in the video. There are other games that do exactly what The Order does that are scored higher.

And look at the last part of the video....if you even watched it....a reviewer said one thing and it was never marketed as such.

So forgive me if I seem like a fanboy and give it LOWER than what I hyped it to be. I give it a 7/10....and I hyped it for a 8/10.

It's all just excuses. It doesn't matter what you give it, it's a 5/10 here, and under a 70 on MC.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Snugenz: It might be excuses...but it doesn't mean they don't have merit.

It's also just easy prey for those who don't want the game to do well to just jump on the bandwagon and say "Oh here ya go....even though I don't know what I'm talking about my opinion matches others."

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

I can't remember a game getting this much DC, not only in SW, but around the internet.

It's hilarious the amount of butthurt that has occurred.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

You'd think maturity would be standard for a game developer, and they could accept criticism and learn from it.

and just watching cows actually defend him right now is very disturbing. Its not even about video games at this point..you HAVE to learn how to sit and take the heat.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15580 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Having played at least a portion of it myself, it is unfortunately essentially the same as watching the videos. It does feel slightly better looking at it yourself, because you can catch a lot of small environment details, enjoy the soundtrack, and enjoy the heft of the character, but otherwise what you see is basically what you get. The game is so linear and the events are so scripted that you really miss very little by watching it instead of playing. This is especially true if you've played any TPS in the last 9 years, since the shooting portions are nothing that other games haven't already done, and done much better.

Also calling something mediocre is not equal to "crap." Mediocre means plain, average, standard, run-of-the-mill. The connotation is typically negative because no one appreciates a product that doesn't put any effort forth to distinguish itself. 1886 is a mediocre game.

I don't like it, but I don't hate it.

I nothing it.