The Official Wii U Thread: Nintendo Direct Incoming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
""In terms of power, its right up there with PS3 and Xbox 360 plus the power to run the extra screen on the controller."Yosuke Hayashi Sounds like an 360 turbo with a tablet controller. I'll be waiting for the next gen consoles next fall before I pick my secondary system Right now it looks like wii-u would be a nice secondary system for my secondary system.
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] You can stop pretending Nintendo is only focusing on games. I believe Reggie even said that they were an entertainment company.MFDOOM1983
"Pretending?" Game development is still their main focus. It's better to focus on stuff like online. Doing something like DVD player support isn't important in a game console.

Lol You act as if acquiring the playback license for dvd and/or blu-ray would take up a large amount time and detract from game development. Even though the people designing the console itself and games are two separate entities. Since they're attempting to give off this illusion that wii-u is an all-in-one box, they might as well go in 100 % instead of half-assing it

exactly. dude will defend anything nintendo, no matter what. it's ridiculous...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#53 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

still no dvd playback? what's nintendo's deal with this? it's ridiculous...

lazerface216

Why does it matter that much? Isn't the point of video game consoles is being able to play GAMES?

uhhhh, it's a nice extra that's takes little effort to implement. sure, the point of consoles is to play games but consoles have become more than that, they've become entertainment systems. hell, the wii u's got FB, hulu and netflix but not dvd playback? lol.

Never mind the fact that DVD player support would give them an even bigger loss that they are already going to suffer when this releases? There's already so many machines with DVD player support out there that there also wouldn't be a point. Perhaps it meant something when the PS2 released (something I don't use with mine), but not so much now.
jonathant5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jonathant5
Member since 2010 • 873 Posts
As of now, I would not buy the WiiU. Disregarding the fact that the console (so far) seems woefully under powered for a next gen console (so far, based on the launch lineup, the games dont look better than current gen games, every single gen launch games have looked better than last gen games except with the WiiU and Wii), there really are not launch games that interest me. The tablet intrigues me, although I feel that it may be a gimmick, but the actual game lineup does not excite me at all.Almost all the games are games that you can get on current gen systems. The exclusives that are coming to it are fairly few, and other than Mario, they do not seem too interesting imo. I dont understand why someone who owns a PC/X360/PS3 would buy the WiiU on launch, rather than waiting for more games or a price drop.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] You can stop pretending Nintendo is only focusing on games. I believe Reggie even said that they were an entertainment company.lazerface216

"Pretending?" Game development is still their main focus.

Doing something like DVD player support isn't important in a game console. It's better that Nintendo focuses on online capabilities, rather than a freaking DVD Player.

game development is every console's main focus, what's your point? hulu isn't important in a game console yet nintendo implemented it....

Don't let the hypocrite under you skin. The sheep here were always saying that they only supported nintendo because they focused solely on games. Fast forward to today and they're still touting that horn even though nintendo has been putting a decent amount of focus on TVII and other non gaming related features.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] "Pretending?" Game development is still their main focus. It's better to focus on stuff like online. Doing something like DVD player support isn't important in a game console.lazerface216

Lol You act as if acquiring the playback license for dvd and/or blu-ray would take up a large amount time and detract from game development. Even though the people designing the console itself and games are two separate entities. Since they're attempting to give off this illusion that wii-u is an all-in-one box, they might as well go in 100 % instead of half-assing it

Well, he does call himself nintendoboy.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] "Pretending?" Game development is still their main focus. It's better to focus on stuff like online. Doing something like DVD player support isn't important in a game console.lazerface216

I don't. I've criticized them for a bad budget line-up with the Wii (compared to N64 and GameCube. Seriously, it's so bad, the most recent thing Nintendo put in about a year was a FREAKING GameCube port: Pikmin 2), and I'm ready to criticize them for choosing to appeal to this core audience (because that is working out SO WELL *sarcasm*).

I also wasn't too fond of region locking the 3DS (outside of most regular DS games).

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I have 2 Deluxe versions pre-ordered. One fromy my local Gamestop and one from Toys R Us online. I fully expect one of them to screw me over, so that's why I have 2 secured.

I'm super excited though for this system. The game selection right now is a little weak for my tatses outside 1-2 games, but the prospects of Pikmin 2, Wonderful 101, and others has me very giddy.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Why does it matter that much? Isn't the point of video game consoles is being able to play GAMES?nintendoboy16

uhhhh, it's a nice extra that's takes little effort to implement. sure, the point of consoles is to play games but consoles have become more than that, they've become entertainment systems. hell, the wii u's got FB, hulu and netflix but not dvd playback? lol.

Never mind the fact that DVD player support would give them an even bigger loss that they are already going to suffer when this releases? There's already so many machines with DVD player support out there that there also wouldn't be a point. Perhaps it meant something when the PS2 released (something I don't use with mine), but not so much now.

If you could get rid of your cable/dish box, dvr, bluray/dvd player, and whatever else you might have below your tv, and replace it all with just one machine, you don't think that'd be cool?

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MFDOOM1983

Ly_the_Fairy

If you could get rid of your cable/dish box, dvr, bluray/dvd player, and whatever else you might have below your tv, and replace it all with just one machine, you don't think that'd be cool?

But the few dollars per machine it would cost to license the tech would surely bankrupt the company. Who can argue against such sound thinking.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nintendoboy16

Ly_the_Fairy

Having too many options for ONE thing sounds like a clusterf*** waiting to happen.
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lazerface216

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Never mind the fact that DVD player support would give them an even bigger loss that they are already going to suffer when this releases? There's already so many machines with DVD player support out there that there also wouldn't be a point. Perhaps it meant something when the PS2 released (something I don't use with mine), but not so much now.nintendoboy16

Having too many options for ONE thing sounds like a clusterf*** waiting to happen.

the ps3 and 360 both do it and it's fine. adding ONE more feature isn't turning anything into a "clusterf*ck".

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ly_the_Fairy

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Never mind the fact that DVD player support would give them an even bigger loss that they are already going to suffer when this releases? There's already so many machines with DVD player support out there that there also wouldn't be a point. Perhaps it meant something when the PS2 released (something I don't use with mine), but not so much now.nintendoboy16

Yah, just like smartphones, and PCs. Both are pretty hard to use for the average consumer because you can do thousands of things on each of them.

I can only imagine the difficulty in using the Wii U if it could not only do games, but also three other things.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lazerface216

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Ly_the_Fairy

Yah, just like smartphones, and PCs. Both are pretty hard to use for the average consumer because you can do thousands of things on each of them.

I can only imagine the difficulty in using the Wii U if it could not only do games, but also three other things.

yeah....that too.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 nintendoboy16

Ly_the_Fairy

Okay, good point (actually, I keep forgetting that the PS3 and 360 do stuff like that too), but regardless, stuff like DVD player support, using the internet, Netflix, etc are SECONDARY things in a console. Not the most important and Nintendo not wanting to jump on the DVD bandwagon isn't a big deal. People seriously overlook the GAMES factor in their console and call it a piece of crap just because it lacks the ability to play DVD's.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Zero hype, zero interest, will never buy it.
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

Very Nice thread!

I just gave away my pre-order receipt recently -- i'm definitely loving plenty about the Wii-U so far, I just can't afford it right now. I sure hope it lives up to expectations though.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

When a super sweet AAAE Zelda launches for Wii U, we'll talk. :P

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts

gamestop charged me for the preorder a few days ago, with one day shipping i'm hoping it'll get here on my first day off from work next week. didn't buy any wii u games, ill probably want to finish the 3 wii games i still haven't beat yet before getting some.

about the no dvd whining comment, it's not even necessary since everyone probably owns 3 things that can play dvds already and i don't even care for it since i have a blu ray player.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ly_the_Fairy

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Having too many options for ONE thing sounds like a clusterf*** waiting to happen.nintendoboy16

Okay, good point (actually, I keep forgetting that the PS3 and 360 do stuff like that too), but regardless, stuff like DVD player support, using the internet, Netflix, etc are SECONDARY things in a console. Not the most important and Nintendo not wanting to jump on the DVD bandwagon isn't a big deal. People seriously overlook the GAMES factor in their console and call it a piece of crap just because it lacks the ability to play DVD's.

They don't overlook the games; they just understand that it's the year 2012, and consoles can, and should be designed as multimedia devices that provide a great value beyond just gaming.

That was a standard put in place by the PS2 with the dvd player which the Xbox followed with. Then with the rise of Xbox Live consoles got a humungous boost to their feature set with all the downloadable music/movies/tv, and other applications which spread to the PS3, and even a tiny bit with the Wii and netflix.

Now it's 7 years after the 360 launch, and the Wii U is launching with less features, 8gb/32gb of storage, and lacks basic stuff like USB 3.0 and an ethernet port. It also won't have a library that matches the 360's (obviously it will get more games as time goes on, but we live in 2012 right now).

This is a $300 product that does less than other $300 products.

ocidax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ocidax
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

Well made thread. Good job. I made my pre order in the First Hour . I can't wait for my Wii U.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 nintendoboy16

Ly_the_Fairy

They don't overlook the games; they just understand that it's the year 2012, and consoles can, and should be designed as multimedia devices that provide a great value beyond just gaming.

That was a standard put in place by the PS2 with the dvd player which the Xbox followed with. Then with the rise of Xbox Live consoles got a humungous boost to their feature set with all the downloadable music/movies/tv, and other applications which spread to the PS3, and even a tiny bit with the Wii and netflix.

Now it's 7 years after the 360 launch, and the Wii U is launching with less features, 8gb/32gb of storage, and lacks basic stuff like USB 3.0 and an ethernet port. It also won't have a library that matches the 360's (obviously it will get more games as time goes on, but we live in 2012 right now).

Never mind the tablet is costing them... and the "not overlooking games" statement is laughable on so many reasons and for so many years (since either 1996 or 2001). Any more and Nintendo would have released the thing at $599.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ly_the_Fairy

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Okay, good point (actually, I keep forgetting that the PS3 and 360 do stuff like that too), but regardless, stuff like DVD player support, using the internet, Netflix, etc are SECONDARY things in a console. Not the most important and Nintendo not wanting to jump on the DVD bandwagon isn't a big deal. People seriously overlook the GAMES factor in their console and call it a piece of crap just because it lacks the ability to play DVD's.nintendoboy16

Never mind the tablet is costing them... and the "not overlooking games" statement is laughable on so many reasons and for so many years (since either 1996 or 2001). Any more and Nintendo would have released the thing at $599.

It's all about value. You call it laughable because you can find $300 worth of value in the Wii U. I can't, and many others can't.

I find a handful of the Wii U's expected releases to be intriguing such as ZombiU, The Wonderful 101, and Bayonetta 2, but $300 + $60 per game ($480 + tax) is a pretty steep price to pay to get that luxury. For that money I could buy 50-100 quality PC games this holiday season.

Give it a few years time, and your argument about game library might hold more weight. As it stands we know nothing about the quality of Wii U's launch titles, and the only thing we're riding on for the Wii U's future library is hope that it might turn out good.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#74 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

It'll probably be a couple of years before I can get the system. It'll be interesting to see how the Wii-U turns out by then.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#75 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I have my deluxe edition preoordered. The System has 5 extremely promising games already shown for it and that doesn't include the 3D Mario, Smash Bros., Metroid, and Zelda that are all but confirmed. The console will already be worth it by this time next year.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I have both of mine reserved and paid for.
Probably gonna start with zombi-u alone for the time being and maybe another game.

Will wait to see for others.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Zero hype, zero interest, will never buy it. Heil68
This for the first two. Will buy it once it gets worthy games. But for now, yeah, I couldn't care less.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
The usual for me. Console looks meh, the last gen ports are not appealing, but I do want to play Nintendo games. I'll end up getting one eventually, prob for Zelda or Metroid.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 locopatho
[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Here's a graphical comparison between the Wii and Wii U

charizard1605
Well, it's very clear that Nintendo used the same engine, and then uprezzed it, but god damn does that look good in HD. The resolution does make all the difference in the world.

Does WiiU do any fancy upscaling tricks for Wii games you play on it?
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 MFDOOM1983
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Zophar87"]

locopatho
Well, it's very clear that Nintendo used the same engine, and then uprezzed it, but god damn does that look good in HD. The resolution does make all the difference in the world.

Here's to hoping for some smoothing options but it won't be upscaling our wii games to higher resolutions.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Ly_the_Fairy

It's all about value. You call it laughable because you can find $300 worth of value in the Wii U. I can't, and many others can't.

I find a handful of the Wii U's expected releases to be intriguing such as ZombiU, The Wonderful 101, and Bayonetta 2, but $300 + $60 per game ($480 + tax) is a pretty steep price to pay to get that luxury. For that money I could buy 50-100 quality PC games this holiday season.

Give it a few years time, and your argument about game library might hold more weight. As it stands we know nothing about the quality of Wii U's launch titles, and the only thing we're riding on for the Wii U's future library is hope that it might turn out good.

Millions of other people do find value in the $300-$350 console.

Can't you say the same thing about every other console thats out? People spent $600 on the PS3 at launch and it didnt recieve its first good game for a couple of years.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Great to see Nintendo getting into this gen although a few years late

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

jondoe3311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jondoe3311
Member since 2012 • 236 Posts

Have it pre ordered, hope it doesnt suck. Nintendo better come out with some good games for charging this much for ancient technology

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

fueled-system
I'm gonna agree with you but ask a disagreeing question. Do you like this gen? I love it and never wanna leave it. That's why i'm loving the Wii-U right now. Though all third party support will most likely leave the window once PS4 and whatever the hell the next xbox are going to be.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

Animal-Mother

I'm gonna agree with you but ask a disagreeing question. Do you like this gen? I love it and never wanna leave it. That's why i'm loving the Wii-U right now. Though all third party support will most likely leave the window once PS4 and whatever the hell the next xbox are going to be.

It was more of a joke and I could careless when this gen ends as I also like it, I aint a graphics guy and the fact that development cost will go up next gen, there wont be as much innovation

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#87 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

You're a bad liar, you know that

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Zero hype, zero interest, will never buy it. FireEmblem_Man

Dude... it's Heil. What do you expect after all he's said about Nintendo?
BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
I'm on a wait list with Gamestop. Anyone have any guesses about how quickly i'll be getting the system? I'd imagine I'm not too far down the list. The same thing happened to me with the Wii and I didn't get it for almost a month after its release.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Zero hype, zero interest, will never buy it. nintendoboy16

Dude... it's Heil. What do you expect after all he's said about Nintendo?

Oh Nintendoboy, you don't visit the Union very often ;)

jondoe3311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 jondoe3311
Member since 2012 • 236 Posts

Honestly it looks like a joke, I may buy mine then sell it for 200 dollars more than get a gaming rig.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#92 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Zophar87"]

locopatho

No, it very literally becomes a Wii when you play Wii games on it.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Well, it's very clear that Nintendo used the same engine, and then uprezzed it, but god damn does that look good in HD. The resolution does make all the difference in the world.

Considering a Wii turns into a GameCube when playing a GameCube game, that isn't surprising.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
Very excited for the Wii U, but I will probably get it around Christamas time or at latest when Rayman Legends releases.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

How Nintendo Is Convincing Developers To Work On The Wii U

It seems that Miyamoto has been meeting personally with developers to encourage them to work with Nintendo's new console. "I am trying to meet with the game developers individually for this matter," he says, asked how the company will be supporting other developers that want to get the best out of the hardware. "The real subject is whether Ill be able to - well be able to - convince developers inside of the licensing publishers to be excited about the new features of the Wii U, so much so that theyll be enthused towards making brand new entertainment that Icouldn'tcome up with myself."

"The fact of the matter is that most third-party licensees from a business point of view, had to create multi-platform titles and because Nintendo has been trying to create very unique hardware, oftentimes it was not considered the first choice for them to work on multi-platformsoftware," he explains. "So its the entire company decision-making process that is hindering developers ability from making unique titles on Wii U hardware. Once again, my job as one of thedevelopersis meet with the individual people and convince that theyll be able to create brand new entertainment that they really wish to realise. My job is to try to assist them in that fashion.

"I do not think that providing any special technologies, know how or skills would be able to change the situation, because I understand that most third-party developers already have those things."

Nintendo Interested In 3DS/Wii U Connectivity

"Of course we are thinking of the possibility of connecting Wii U and Nintendo 3DS once again," Miyamoto said. "[But] we have challenged connectivity on many occasions, and one of the great lessons we have learned is the simple fact that those who own both are much fewer than those who dont own both. So what we decided early on when considering the Wii U design was that we had to make it so that every single purchaser of the Wii U is going to have the same play conditions, the same equipment."

"But of course we are trying to think about a way to expand the experience of 3DS and Wii U when they are connected with each other, one way or the other."

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 locopatho
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Well, it's very clear that Nintendo used the same engine, and then uprezzed it, but god damn does that look good in HD. The resolution does make all the difference in the world.

Ah, darn it. Guess I'll need to look for an aquatic mammal to get my Wii HD fix :P
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 locopatho
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Does WiiU do any fancy upscaling tricks for Wii games you play on it?

Considering a Wii turns into a GameCube when playing a GameCube game, that isn't surprising.

The Wii was a Gamecube though, more or less, while the WiiU is a much more powerful machine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Considering a Wii turns into a GameCube when playing a GameCube game, that isn't surprising.

Yep. Same with the Gameboy Advance, the DS, and the 3DS. It's how Nintendo handles backwards compatibility. [QUOTE="locopatho"] Ah, darn it. Guess I'll need to look for an aquatic mammal to get my Wii HD fix :P

Pretty much. It's a shame they didn't do it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] No, it very literally becomes a Wii when you play Wii games on it.

The Wii was a Gamecube though, more or less, while the WiiU is a much more powerful machine.

While true, Nintendo's solution for backwards compatibility has always been to do it natively (as opposed to emulation, that would add the enhancements you are talking about): the Gameboy Advance booted up as a Gameboy Color to play GB/GBC games. The DS booted up as a GBA to play GBA games. The 3DS boots as a DSi to play DS and DSi games. It's how they do it, for good or for bad.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Considering a Wii turns into a GameCube when playing a GameCube game, that isn't surprising.charizard1605
Yep. Same with the Gameboy Advance, the DS, and the 3DS. It's how Nintendo handles backwards compatibility.

Well, at least it works though and that's good enough for me.