The Official Wii U Thread: Nintendo Direct Incoming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

Forgot to preorder it :P.

Anyways, I'll take one if I can find one any time. Looking forward to ZombiU, NSMBU, and maybe some other random game I can't think of as of now on launch day.

Kind of focusing on getting rid of my PC backlog before then.

layton2012

I'll sell one mine for $650.;)

I don't mean to be an ass, but I hope noone is stupid enough to buy a system that retails for $300 for double that price +$50, I mean i want one really bad, but I'd much rather wait a month, than spend double what I can get it for if I just wait until January to March. I also find it really selfish(even if profitable) to take what could be someone else's Wii U, and sell it for double the price.

If people were buying kinects for $350 at launch, I'm sure I'll find some potential buyers.
#202 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] I'll sell one mine for $650.;)MFDOOM1983
I don't mean to be an ass, but I hope noone is stupid enough to buy a system that retails for $300 for double that price +$50, I mean i want one really bad, but I'd much rather wait a month, than spend double what I can get it for if I just wait until January to March. I also find it really selfish(even if profitable) to take what could be someone else's Wii U, and sell it for double the price.

If people were buying kinects for $350 at launch, I'm sure I'll find some potential buyers.

That's the sad part, I'm sure you'll make a good profit, Xmas shoppers can be so desperate. I'll be waiting though, I won't pay more than 400 tips, but I think I'm just going to wait to buy one myself. Let us know if you et someone to pay 650 though.
#203 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="layton2012"] I don't mean to be an ass, but I hope noone is stupid enough to buy a system that retails for $300 for double that price +$50, I mean i want one really bad, but I'd much rather wait a month, than spend double what I can get it for if I just wait until January to March. I also find it really selfish(even if profitable) to take what could be someone else's Wii U, and sell it for double the price.layton2012

That's the sad part, I'm sure you'll make a good profit, Xmas shoppers can be so desperate. I'll be waiting though, I won't pay more than 400 tips, but I think I'm just going to wait to buy one myself. Let us know if you et someone to pay 650 though.

Will do:D

#204 Posted by hayato_ (5008 posts) -

Tried the tablet at the kiosk at the gamestop by my apartment. I wasn't a fan, but it looked cool I guess. Wanna try again

#205 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

Tried the tablet at the kiosk at the gamestop by my apartment. I wasn't a fan, but it looked cool I guess. Wanna try again

hayato_

What did you not like about it? I want to use one that isnt tethered to a kiosk.

#206 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
Is this an add on for the wii?
#207 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
Is this an add on for the wii?ultraking
I hope your kidding, for someone who is a lvl 50, I'd hope you'd follow even the bare minimum of gaming news, of course you're probably just trolling.
#208 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="ultraking"]Is this an add on for the wii?layton2012
I hope your kidding, for someone who is a lvl 50, I'd hope you'd follow even the bare minimum of gaming news, of course you're probably just trolling.

Yeah he is either incredibly stupid or trolling.

#209 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
[QUOTE="ultraking"]Is this an add on for the wii?layton2012

u got me :(
#210 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="ultraking"]Is this an add on for the wii?RyanShazam

damn brah. Why so mean?
#211 Posted by -CC- (1889 posts) -

Is this an add on for the wii?ultraking

Ya pretty much thats why they did not change the name. It a new controller and for some reason thats what the U stands for? They did the same thing more or less with the n64 expansion pack. Just a little change to an out of date system to keep on making money on it.

#212 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

[QUOTE="layton2012"] I hope your kidding, for someone who is a lvl 50, I'd hope you'd follow even the bare minimum of gaming news, of course you're probably just trolling.ultraking

damn brah. Why so mean?

IM ANGRY!!!!!!!!!
#213 Posted by louisfoxton (1388 posts) -

if you have a normal Fat old tv your cant play the wii u?

#214 Posted by -CC- (1889 posts) -

louisfoxton

No the wiiu should be able to do 480P/I. Early reviews of NG3 do show it to be weaker than PS3/360 but I think it will be able to do full lowdef/ standard def. We will need to wait to see if it can do anything else.

#215 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -

louisfoxton
Yes, it will just have a lower resolution.
#216 Posted by Slashkice (13017 posts) -

Can't watch it myself right now, but Nintendo just dropped a video about the Wii U's online.

#217 Posted by charizard1605 (55591 posts) -

Can't watch it myself right now, but Nintendo just dropped a video about the Wii U's online.

Slashkice
About time >.>
#218 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

charizard1605
About time >.>

Can give us a summary of any new info?
#219 Posted by charizard1605 (55591 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

layton2012
About time >.>

I'll be posting it in a bit, once I'm busy with a paper right now, and trying to keep up with Steam Chat, and go through EVE :P
#220 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11023 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

layton2012
About time >.>

It actually just sums up the Miiverse and internet browser functions from the last Nintendo Direct that focused on Miiverse. Nothing new
#221 Posted by TilxWLOC (1029 posts) -

Slashkice

Wow, thank you for posting that, that was pretty cool. I like the direction they are taking this.

#222 Posted by TilxWLOC (1029 posts) -

[QUOTE="layton2012"]

Kaze_no_Mirai

It actually just sums up the Miiverse and internet browser functions from the last Nintendo Direct that focused on Miiverse. Nothing new.

Yeah, other than what NSMBU specifically does with Mii-verse, it is pretty much a slightly more in depth look/demo at/of what we already know

#223 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
I'll have to watch it later, but I was hoping for something new.
#224 Posted by xLittlekillx (1803 posts) -

I would probably get a Wii U if it was the kind of thing that I could just walk into a store and buy. It's sort of ridiculous that you have to be on a waiting list for something like this.

#225 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26100 posts) -

I really wanna play ZombiU :(

#226 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8705 posts) -

cmt-medium.pngcmt-medium.png

So let's talk about this. The latest video showed Bill Trinen staring at an orange the same way Iwata stared at a bunch of bananas near E3 earlier this year. What could they be hinting at? Another Yoshi Story?

#227 Posted by charizard1605 (55591 posts) -

So let's talk about this. The latest video showed Bill Trinen staring at an orange the same way Iwata stared at a bunch of bananas near E3 earlier this year. What could they be hinting at? Another Yoshi Story?

Pikminmaniac
Donkey Kong x Yoshi.
#228 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -

I would probably get a Wii U if it was the kind of thing that I could just walk into a store and buy. It's sort of ridiculous that you have to be on a waiting list for something like this.

xLittlekillx
Try Target and maybe Toysrus I don't think they really did much preorders, Target did reserve cards but they've never been that reliable on tracking how many of those they sell.
#229 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
#230 Posted by TilxWLOC (1029 posts) -

New ZombiU gameplay! Game looks amazing!

Here It Is!

RyanShazam

I'm sold on the game, and while the multiplayer looks pretty fun, it is just not even close to as enticing as the single player is.

#231 Posted by Meinhard1 (6766 posts) -
I'm excited for the Wii U but it it lacks the extreme novelty or the Twilight Princess that made me wait in line for 6 hours to get a Wii at launch. A Wii U deluxe with New Super Mario Bros U is over $400... I'll get one within the next 12 months for sure but not now.
#232 Posted by Wiiyou (677 posts) -

Pikminmaniac

New Mario kart U :)

#233 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11023 posts) -

New ZombiU gameplay! Game looks amazing!

Here It Is!

RyanShazam
That looks really fun, is it only local? Or are there online multiplayer modes?
#234 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
the lack of hype is truly amazing
#235 Posted by wapahala (6276 posts) -

Pikminmaniac

That's a mandarin(/tangerine/clementine). GOSH!

#236 Posted by guard12 (1657 posts) -

Pikminmaniac

Yoshi's Story! *fingers crossed*

#237 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -
Quick question: Is that NintendoLand Plazza thing the same as Playstation Home, just using the Mii's? (minus the part of having your on "home" in PS Home)
#238 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9746 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

TilxWLOC

Wow, thank you for posting that, that was pretty cool. I like the direction they are taking this.

the way the player in that vid switches between gaming, internet, and tv is a very modern touch. It totally reminded me about how manically i approach my entertainment

#239 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9746 posts) -
Quick question: Is that NintendoLand Plazza thing the same as Playstation Home, just using the Mii's? (minus the part of having your on "home" in PS Home)Desmonic
It is similar in that its real people walking around with avatars. It doesn't have a broad focus like home does though. Nintendo land is a video game
#240 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -
[QUOTE="Desmonic"]Quick question: Is that NintendoLand Plazza thing the same as Playstation Home, just using the Mii's? (minus the part of having your on "home" in PS Home)GunSmith1_basic
It is similar in that its real people walking around with avatars. It doesn't have a broad focus like home does though. Nintendo land is a video game

Ah I see, so it's just a part of the NintendoLand game, not an app built into the system like Home. Well I don't see many people using it after the first year or so then :S I mean yeah, it's something that could be somewhat fun and entertaining while there aren't many games to play, but as more and more games release, just like Home, it will sort of get forgotten... Even more so when you have to play the "game" to access it. Should be an app IMO. Ah well, not that it matters though. It's one of those things that won't make or break anything :P
#241 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -
Crappy poll is crappy. No option for not getting it. I am not getting one because I already have a current gen console and don't need another one. I am waiting on the "real" next gen consoles to get here. I also don't like the controller and other than ZombiU, the games suck.
#242 Posted by Mario1331 (8815 posts) -
Tryin to order an extra one so i could get one at launch. Cant wait for it
#243 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

Pikminmaniac
Na, they both just have a fruit fetish.
#244 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
ZombiU is pretty neat. Besides that, I just don't think I have have a friend stop by and have them see me using that tablet thing. New tech usually tickles my interest just from that new product "high," but not a blip on the radar with this one. Enjoy all.
#245 Posted by Animal-Mother (26420 posts) -

prices are going to skyrocket through the roof. Especially next weekend.

I already sold one for 800 on release day.

#246 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17233 posts) -
My Nintendo stock is going up! :) Thanks nintendo fanboys.
#247 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Animal-Mother
You sold a WiiU for 800$? Dafuq!? How? O.o?
#248 Posted by Animal-Mother (26420 posts) -
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Desmonic

Well as an incentive to sell I offer one free game. So the customer will get the Deluxe edition Wii-U with a copy of probably NSMBU Someone on craigslist contacted me, The original sell price was 700 with a game. He offered me 100 extra dollars to hold on to it for it. So $800. I reserved two of them. I can essentially at this point get the Wii-U for free. Which I think I'm probably going to keep. Though I know how bad some early adopters can get screwed.
#249 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Animal-Mother

Well as an incentive to sell I offer one free game. So the customer will get the Deluxe edition Wii-U with a copy of probably NSMBU Someone on craigslist contacted me, The original sell price was 700 with a game. He offered me 100 extra dollars to hold on to it for it. So $800. I reserved two of them. I can essentially at this point get the Wii-U for free. Which I think I'm probably going to keep. Though I know how bad some early adopters can get screwed.

Respect dude :P Pretty great business you managed there!
#250 Posted by Animal-Mother (26420 posts) -
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] You sold a WiiU for 800$? Dafuq!? How? O.o?

Respect dude :P Pretty great business you managed there!

Thank you. I don't know if I should keep it. I'm just flip-flopping consistently :P Though I could make more money of some poor parents misery for a need of a wii-U :evil: