The Gears/Uncharted war continues, which one will be better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

4 games for 22 million v 3 games for 21 million = less popular.

Uncharted = 7 million per game

Gears Of War = 5.5 million per game

Take that L and be gone.

Yet of course we forget Uncharted Golden Abyss. *rollseyes*

So its actually 4 games vs 4 games.

Gears of War Global Total as of 25th Apr 2015 (units): 6.08m

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Global Total as of 25th Apr 2015(units): 4.85m

Gears of War 2 Global Total as of 25th Apr 2015 (units): 6.72m

Uncharted 2:Among Thieves Global Total as of 25th Apr 2015 (units): 6.59m

Gears of War 3 Global Total as of 25th Apr 2015 (units): 6.14m

Uncharted 3: Drakes Decption Global Total as of 25th Apr 2015 (units): 6.67m

Gears of War:Judgement Global Total as of 25th Apr 2015 (units): 1.53m

Uncharted: Golden Abyss Global Total as of 25th Apr 2015 (units): 1.44m

Try again Mr. Fanboy. HA!

Avatar image for cinematicgalore
CinematicGalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By CinematicGalore
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

@quadknight said:

It's hilarious to watch the hardcore lems in this thread trying to say Gears is better than Uncharted lol. Gears 1 was good but ever since UC2 released Gears has been irrelevant. UC3 that lems like to bash on here has a MC of 91 and has sold 8 million copies. Uncharted is a more popular franchise with higher critical acclaim in the general video game community than Gears. Uncharted 4 was the game of E3 and made a huge splash. Neither Gears nor TR were able to compete and were completely outclassed. ND are god-tier devs unlike the guys making Gears 4 that are a tribute dev team. Epic Games abandoned Gears for a reason and it's about time lems dealt with this fact. Besides, the last Grars game was a 6/10 flop lol.

Gears of War has a higher metascore average.

Gears 1 = 94

Gears 2 = 93

Gears 3 = 91

Average = 9.26

to

Uncharted 1 = 88

Uncharted 2 = 96

Uncharted 3 = 91

Average = 9.16

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#203 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44577 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:
@lamprey263 said:

It's actually always been a Gears of War vs Resistance war since 2006, but I'll play along, and I choose Gears on gameplay in the past... however, damn, Uncharted might outdo itself with the latest entry. Whereas I've absolutely no hype level for the next Gears.

Not really. Nobody really cares that much about Resistance. It's definitely a Gears versus Uncharted war.

I'd agree nobody cares much about Resistance, just saying it started with Gears and Resistance being more comparable and were being compared since launch, there was nary a RFOM review that didn't bring up Gears. Plus they've always released side by side, 2006, 2008 2011 for for first three games each franchises.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 deactivated-5b883bb846c10

@lamprey263 said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@lamprey263 said:

It's actually always been a Gears of War vs Resistance war since 2006, but I'll play along, and I choose Gears on gameplay in the past... however, damn, Uncharted might outdo itself with the latest entry. Whereas I've absolutely no hype level for the next Gears.

Not really. Nobody really cares that much about Resistance. It's definitely a Gears versus Uncharted war.

I'd agree nobody cares much about Resistance, just saying it started with Gears and Resistance being more comparable and were being compared since launch, there was nary a RFOM review that didn't bring up Gears. Plus they've always released side by side, 2006, 2008 2011 for for first three games each franchises.

I do remember Gears of War and Resistance being compared.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@cinematicgalore: why did you ignore Gears Judgment lol? Or was that not a Gears game? Epic fail lembot alt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Not only that the reasons Gears average was higher is due to the first Uncharted game average obviously not being that high. Meanwhile UC 2 scored higher than any Gears games.

I swear both Xbox and PS fanboys have been delusional in this thread. Again these two games aren't even remotely similar besides them being TPS...

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Uncharted started off good, had an awesome 2nd game, and a good (but disappointing) 3rd game, + a decent spinoff.

Gears started off as GOTY, continued to have awesome 2nd and 3rd games, + a better than decent spinoff.

Gears wins.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@cinematicgalore said:
@quadknight said:

It's hilarious to watch the hardcore lems in this thread trying to say Gears is better than Uncharted lol. Gears 1 was good but ever since UC2 released Gears has been irrelevant. UC3 that lems like to bash on here has a MC of 91 and has sold 8 million copies. Uncharted is a more popular franchise with higher critical acclaim in the general video game community than Gears. Uncharted 4 was the game of E3 and made a huge splash. Neither Gears nor TR were able to compete and were completely outclassed. ND are god-tier devs unlike the guys making Gears 4 that are a tribute dev team. Epic Games abandoned Gears for a reason and it's about time lems dealt with this fact. Besides, the last Grars game was a 6/10 flop lol.

Gears 1 = 94

Gears 2 = 93

Gears 3 = 91

Average = 9.26

to

Uncharted 1 = 88

Uncharted 2 = 96

Uncharted 3 = 91

Average = 91.16

I don't know...91 seems greater than 9

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@cinematicgalore said:
@quadknight said:

Gears 1 = 94

Gears 2 = 93

Gears 3 = 91

Average = 9.26

to

Uncharted 1 = 88

Uncharted 2 = 96

Uncharted 3 = 91

Average = 9.16

You've forgotten Judgement.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#210 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

COD's only function is shooting, Uncharted at least has level design, design, story, platforming, puzzles, etc

Neither of which are actually done well enough to even be a bullet point.

Platforming serves one function in Uncharted, it is there for the sake of pacing. Bridging actual sequences together and letting the game cool off with traversal that is devoid of skill, finese or any real options for the player given the restrictive nature of it. The puzzles the game out right gives you the answer assuming you can't figure out the most basic thing of let me look at the book myself.

The other stuff CoD has a story, never does it well, Level design is obviously all games have, I'll assume you meant good, and design is redundant. CoD's level design however used to be excellent, and is still excellent in CoD1 and CoD4. They decided to copy and paste those games for over a decade, but part of the reason the mp has survived for as long as tied to how those maps compliment those mechanics. The idea that they are poorly designed is a bit flawed.

Well that's your opinion, plenty of people who love the games

Multiplayers isn't, singleplayer is horrible. Yet it's the same game each year

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Gears 1 = 94

Gears 2 = 93

Gears 3 = 91

Gears Judgement = 79

Average = 89.25

to

Uncharted 1 = 88

Uncharted 2 = 96

Uncharted 3 = 92

Average = 92

GLAD WE COULD CLEAR THAT UNCHARTED IS THE BETTER FRANCHISE AND HAS THE BEST GAME OF BOTH.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#212 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

You mean the generic Michael Bay style of storytelling and the brown level design where you kill hundreds of dudes? No it doesn't mate

Graphics design, character design, etc

First of all, even generic Michael Bay stories are *gasp* actual stories.

Brown level design? Wut? Level design doesn't have anything do with the game's color palette. It has to do with the architecture of environments and obstacle placement. Like champ said, every game has level design.

Secondly, Uncharted a similarly generic Hollywood popcorn-chomping plot. And you kill hundreds of dudes.

CoD has both graphic design and character design (character design is part of the graphic design).

There must be something being lost in translation because you're making really bizzarre statements.

Crappy stories, yess

brown military shooters aren't exactly the same as exploring most of the world like Uncharted

Generic? It's even highly praised here on gamespot

Bad design, not good

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By QuadKnight

@cinematicgalore said:
@quadknight said:

Gears 1 = 94

Gears 2 = 93

Gears 3 = 91

Average = 9.26

to

Uncharted 1 = 88

Uncharted 2 = 96

Uncharted 3 = 91

Average = 9.16

Nice try. Uncharted 3 is a 92 not 91 on MC, and I love how you casually ignored the fact that Gears Judgment was the last Gears game released on 360...

Gears 1 = 94

Gears 2 = 93

Gears 3 = 91

Gears Judgment = 79

Average = 89.25

VS

Uncharted 1 = 88

Uncharted 2 = 96

Uncharted 3 = 92

Average = 92

Uncharted wins, you lose.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Does anyone agree that they would rather compare Quantum Breaks and Uncharted 4? I know many will disagree, but unlike the Coalition, Remedy is a proven dev and can potentially make games just as good as Naughty Dogs. Max Payne series and Alan Wake were extremely good and had good atmosphere like Uncharted. Not only that but Quantum Breaks TPS mechanics imo seem much more similar to Uncharted's than Gears. Like I said the character(s) in QB seem interesting like Nathan Drake than the characters from Gears. Also like UC, QB seems like it will actually have a good storyline and good cinematic scenes. I mean it was said there will be a TV show.

So I'd rather compare QB and UC.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#215  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

COD's only function is shooting, Uncharted at least has level design, design, story, platforming, puzzles, etc

Platforming serves one function in Uncharted, it is there for the sake of pacing. Bridging actual sequences together and letting the game cool off with traversal that is devoid of skill, finese or any real options for the player given the restrictive nature of it. The puzzles the game out right gives you the answer assuming you can't figure out the most basic thing of let me look at the book myself.

The other stuff CoD has a story, never does it well, Level design is obviously all games have, I'll assume you meant good, and design is redundant. CoD's level design however used to be excellent, and is still excellent in CoD1 and CoD4. They decided to copy and paste those games for over a decade, but part of the reason the mp has survived for as long as tied to how those maps compliment those mechanics. The idea that they are poorly designed is a bit flawed.

Has not thing to do with liking the game or not. The platforming isn't even proper platforming, that is not a you get to be cute and play the opinion card, that is a statement of fact. It's entirely inoffensive filler. The puzzles being for 3 year olds might be an opinion on some level, I haven't tested it on 3 year olds, but the part where the games give you the answer unlike you know other games with puzzles that ask more of the player which makes them pathetic and shallow, again not an opinion a statement of reality. Doesn't make the games bad, but this arbitrary bullet point you want to add they don't fit. Which again isn't a subjective reaction, it's looking at things objectively.

It being the same game is something I out right said it is, regardless the franchise has had a story (shitty ones, but video game stories), and has had moments of brilliant level design. It's decline is a product of them staying the same and becoming stale. Not becoming poorly playing games necessarily, shallow as they maybe.

@lostrib said:

It's a typo, he meant to type 92.6

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 QuadKnight

@jg4xchamp said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Has not thing to do with liking the game or not. The platforming isn't platforming, that is not a you get to be cute and play the opinion card, that is a statement of fact. It's entirely inoffensive filler. The puzzles being for 3 year olds might be an opinion on some level, I haven't tested it on 3 year olds, but the part where the games give you the answer unlike you know other games with puzzles that ask more of the player, yeah it's pretty pathetic. Doesn't make the games bad, but this arbitrary bullet point you want to add they don't fit. Which again is a subjective reaction, it's looking at things objectively.

It being the same game is something I out right said it is, regardless the franchise has had a story (shitty ones, but video game stories), and has had moments of brilliant level design. It's decline is a product of them staying the same and becoming stale. Not becoming poorly playing games necessarily, shallow as they maybe.

@lostrib said:

He still failed though because he forgot to include Gears Judgment.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 jg4xchamp

@quadknight said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Has not thing to do with liking the game or not. The platforming isn't platforming, that is not a you get to be cute and play the opinion card, that is a statement of fact. It's entirely inoffensive filler. The puzzles being for 3 year olds might be an opinion on some level, I haven't tested it on 3 year olds, but the part where the games give you the answer unlike you know other games with puzzles that ask more of the player, yeah it's pretty pathetic. Doesn't make the games bad, but this arbitrary bullet point you want to add they don't fit. Which again is a subjective reaction, it's looking at things objectively.

You mean he only counted the main entries and not some spinoff from a different studio? What a shocker.

Add Golden Abyss's 80, and Judgements 79, and we end up at what a similar scenario? 89.25 to an 89. Swear you corporate slaves will argue over anything.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By QuadKnight

@jg4xchamp said:
@quadknight said:
@jg4xchamp said:

You mean he only counted the main entries and not some spinoff from a different studio? What a shocker.

Add Golden Abyss's 80, and Judgements 79, and we end up at what a similar scenario? 89.25 to an 89. Swear you corporate slaves will argue over anything.

Why would you count a handheld game and compare to a console game? You seem like the corporate slave for doing so, not me.

Gears Judgment was on the 360 so I included it. Console standards are different from handheld standards therefore the last Gears game on 360 was a flop no matter how much you cry about it while the last Uncharted game on PS3 was a success.

Besides Golden Abyss wasn't developed by ND while the last Gears game was actually developed by Epic lo. Your argument fails any how you look at it, sorry.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Krelian-co

@jg4xchamp said:
@quadknight said:
@jg4xchamp said:

epic developed gears judgement, naughty dogs didn't neither of the ones you mention and is for psp, so yeah.... you "spin off" is made for console, not mobile platforms.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 QuadKnight

@Krelian-co said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@quadknight said:
@jg4xchamp said:

epic developed gears judgement, naughty dogs didn't neither of the ones you mention, so yeah.... "spin off"

LOL, I love when lems use the "spin off" excuse when things don't go their way XD

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#221 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

You mean the generic Michael Bay style of storytelling and the brown level design where you kill hundreds of dudes? No it doesn't mate

Graphics design, character design, etc

First of all, even generic Michael Bay stories are *gasp* actual stories.

Brown level design? Wut? Level design doesn't have anything do with the game's color palette. It has to do with the architecture of environments and obstacle placement. Like champ said, every game has level design.

Secondly, Uncharted a similarly generic Hollywood popcorn-chomping plot. And you kill hundreds of dudes.

CoD has both graphic design and character design (character design is part of the graphic design).

There must be something being lost in translation because you're making really bizzarre statements.

Crappy stories, yess

brown military shooters aren't exactly the same as exploring most of the world like Uncharted

Generic? It's even highly praised here on gamespot

Bad design, not good

So what is military shooters are not the same as exploring the world? They are *shocker* two different games doing two different things.

Also, something can still be generic and praised at the same time. Also, guess what else is acclaimed on GS? Call of Duty.

Thirdly, Gamespot is not the be all, end all. Try thinking for yourself.

I don't care if you think the design is bad or not if you're not going to elaborate. Either make some points with a modicum of effort or don't bother replying.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Krelian-co

@quadknight said:
@Krelian-co said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@quadknight said:
@jg4xchamp said:

epic developed gears judgement, naughty dogs didn't neither of the ones you mention, so yeah.... "spin off"

LOL, I love when lems use the "spin off" excuse when things don't go their way XD

and compare a psp game to a game that is in the x360, you know, the same platform as the rest.

"if we wish really hard it doesn't exists, maybe it will go away"

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 jg4xchamp

@quadknight said:

Why would you count a handheld game and compare to a console game? You seem like the corporate slave for doing so, not me.

Gears Judgment was on the 360 so I included it. Console standards are different from handheld standards therefore the last Gears game on 360 was a flop no matter how much you cry about it while the last Uncharted game on PS3 was a success.

For production? sure, for the actual playing it part? Not really. A dull ass game is a dull ass game is a dull ass game.

Both Gears Judgement and Uncharted GA suffer from similar aspects, and has nothing to do with hardware. They are designed by studios that never made the main entries so they make mistakes the main studios don't, the story elements are straight inconsequential or side shit to the main stuff, and it was more of the same as opposed to some attempt at being a step up.

If the Vita's controls were listed as a common complaint for that game you'd have an argument, if Epic Games and Cliffy B made Gears Judgement, you'd have an argument, as it stands they were both spinoffs. Personally I didn't particularly care for either the last Gears (3) of the last Uncharted when it came to the campaigns. They were both pathetic.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 QuadKnight

@Krelian-co: Lems continue to prove why they are the village idiots of SW.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Yes Judgement WAS a spinoff, which is why Marcus Fenix(the main protagonist) wasn't in it. It was a prequel to the series. It wasnt meant to be a main Gears of War game similar to how the recent God of War game was not for the GOW series. IIRC the games was mostly developed by "People Can Fly". It was a small studio owned by Epic Games and Epic made them develop it or mostly help with it.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 GreySeal9

@jg4xchamp said:
@quadknight said:

For production? sure, for the actual playing it part? Not really. A dull ass game is a dull ass game is a dull ass game.

Both Gears Judgement and Uncharted GA suffer from similar aspects, and has nothing to do with hardware. They are designed by studios that never made the main entries so they make mistakes the main studios don't, the story elements are straight inconsequential or side shit to the main stuff, and it was more of the same as opposed to some attempt at being a step up.

If the Vita's controls were listed as a common complaint for that game you'd have an argument, if Epic Games and Cliffy B made Gears Judgement, you'd have an argument, as it stands they were both spinoffs. Personally I didn't particularly care for either the last Gears (3) of the last Uncharted when it came to the campaigns. They were both pathetic.

You're being way to logical for this thread.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Krelian-co
@GreySeal9 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@quadknight said:

indeed, comparing a psp game with an x360 game, logic at its finest xD

you are the epitome of logical.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 jg4xchamp

@Krelian-co said:

epic developed gears judgement, naughty dogs didn't neither of the ones you mention and is for psp, so yeah.... you "spin off" is made for console, not mobile platforms.

People Can Fly make up the lion's share of credits, which as simple as a google search. Epic Games owns People Can Fly which is why they get credit, but outside of tech and Cliff B being producer, anything that had to do with designing the game is cats who work at People Can Fly. You are on an internet forum, on the internet, which has Google. And you couldn't do basic search, that took me about 30 seconds to a minute. It's like failing an open book exam. Please try harder.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 QuadKnight

@jg4xchamp said:
@quadknight said:

Even if for a moment I bought your shit logic, how the hell do you include Golden Abyss when it wasn't even made by ND? You still lose whichever way this argument goes. ND has a better track record and a better franchise on consoles than Gears. This is a FACT.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By GreySeal9

@Krelian-co said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@quadknight said:

Haha still butthurt?

Also, GA is a Vita game, not a PSP game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 jg4xchamp

@GreySeal9 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I deal with bottom line, they need to argue plastic and corporations. I bet they like Kanye West music, truly a sign of character defect.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#232 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

uncharted is better

Gears will have better multiplayer experience though because co-op and death match

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 QuadKnight

@GreySeal9 said:
@Krelian-co said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@quadknight said:

Haha still butthurt?

Like it makes a difference. PS3 =/= Vita.

Lemmings are going blind with butthurt over Uncharted's success.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 GreySeal9

@jg4xchamp said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I deal with bottom line, they need to argue plastic and corporations. I bet they like Enimem music, truly a sign of character defect.

Fixed.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 GreySeal9
@quadknight said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@Krelian-co said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@quadknight said:

Haha still butthurt?

Like it makes a difference. PS3 =/= Vita.

Yeah, there's a pretty big difference between a Vita and a PSP.

Hope you don't mind that I deleted the fanboy bullshit and replied to the meat of your post.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 jg4xchamp

@quadknight said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Even if for a moment I bought your shit logic, how the hell do you include Golden Abyss when it wasn't even made by ND? You still lose whichever way this argument goes. ND has a better track record and a better franchise on consoles than Gears. This is a FACT.

Because as stated the people who made Gears 1, 2, and 3 did not make Gears judgement, they own People Can Fly who made the actual game thus they get credit, but a simple google search of the credits and development history of that game can tell you that it's mostly done by People Can Fly. It's a similar scenario except you want to use something arbitrary like what platform it is on. Either way you're splitting hairs. Well received games vs well received games. Man look at this decimal point victory we got.

A better franchise is not a fact, that's an opinion.

A better metascore if you arbitrarily decided to add judgement and not abyss (the logical thing to do) is the only fact you would come up with. Which adds up to one game got higher opinions than another games opinions.

Fucking corporate slaves.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By QuadKnight

@GreySeal9 said:

Hope you don't mind that I deleted the fanboy bullshit and replied to the meat of your post.

Is a Vita the same thing as a PS3? Answer this question without looking like an idiot.

CinematicGalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 CinematicGalore

@quadknight: Time to settle this; Sales

It had been announced that Gears of War (1-Judgement) had sold more than 22 million copies on January 2014.(http://www.craveonline.com.au/gaming/articles/636667-gears-of-war-series-surpasses-22-million-units-sold)

It's been a year and 5 months since the last update, so it's reasonable to assume Gears 1, 2, 3 and Judgement sold at least a 800,000 - 1 Million more copies combined. Especially with the revival news by The Coalition and Microsoft for the X1.

Uncharted (1-3) had HIT 21 million copies as of June 2015, it didn't say more than, said HIT, so as of that exact moment; 21 million copies were sold. (http://gamingbolt.com/sales-of-uncharted-series-hit-21-million)

Unlike Gears which was likely hovering at 22.3-22.5 million copies sold, key word: it said MORE THAN.

Add the one million copies sold by Uncharted Golden Abyss (http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251259/top-10-in-sales-playstation-vita-2013-update-uncharted-golden-abyss/) A LANCH TITLE (likely bundled with the handheld and an only option for early buyers, sales were forced). Puts Uncharted at 22 Million sales but Gears still has a year and 5 months head start on Uncharted, so IT'S SOLD MORE. FACT

Current prediction: Gears (Gears 1 to Judgement) at 23.5 Million and Uncharted (UC 1 to Golden Abyss) at 22.5 Million.

WINNER OF SALES: GEARS OF WAR

Critical Acclaim of the overall franchises can be measured by adding up the metascores of each and calculating the average, as I'm going to do.

Gears 1 has a metascore of 94 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/gears-of-war)

Gears 2 has a metascore of 93 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/gears-of-war-2)

Gears 3 has a metascore of 91 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/gears-of-war-3)

Gears Judgement has a metascore of 79 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/gears-of-war-judgment)

9.4 + 9.3 + 9.1 + 7.9 = 35.7 divided by 4 = 8.925 (average score of the Gears franchise)

To Uncharted;

UC 1 had a metascore of 88 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-drakes-fortune)

UC 2 had a metascore of 96 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-2-among-thieves)

UC 3 had a metascore of 92 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-3-drakes-deception)

UC: GA had a metascore of 80 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/uncharted-golden-abyss)

8.8 + 9.6 + 9.2 + 8.0 = 35.6 divided by 4 = 8.900 (average score of the Uncharted franchise)

WINNER OF CRITICAL ACCLAIM = GEARS OF WAR (8.925 IS MORE THAN 8.900)

CONCLUSION, GEARS BEATS UNCHARTED. THAT'S THAT, COLD HARD FACTS, DEAL WITH IT

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@cinematicgalore: it's not reasonable to assume it sold over 1m

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By QuadKnight

@cinematicgalore: Trying too hard and still failed. You get some points for at least trying and failing.

You were already proven wrong long time ago lol.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 jg4xchamp

@GreySeal9 said:

Fixed.

Eminem had 2 good albums, Kanye had Late Registration ...and that's it. Neither of them are worthy of my spit for anything they did since lets say 05 since I'm not googling what year their shit runs began.

As usual I'll take the better person on the mic vs the guy who is only good at production.

CinematicGalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 CinematicGalore

I WIN.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 GreySeal9

@quadknight said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Is a Vita the same thing as a PS3? Answer this question without looking like an idiot.

No, but it doesn't matter. A spin off is a spin off.

Funny that you say I look like an idiot but you don't even know the difference between fact and opinion, which is shit they teach in elementary school.

I can help you tho.

CinematicGalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 CinematicGalore

@quadknight said:

@cinematicgalore: Trying too hard and still failed. You get some point for at least trying and failing.

Gears has sold more than Uncharted and has more critical acclaim. I just proved you wrong. Delusional, you are. Gears is better.

jgxchamp, you see the facts, Gears is better.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 QuadKnight

@GreySeal9 said:
@quadknight said:
@GreySeal9 said:

No,

Thanks for proving my point. Everything you typed after that is irrelevant and stupid.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 GreySeal9
@jg4xchamp said:
@quadknight said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Either way you're splitting hairs. Well received games vs well received games. Man look at this decimal point victory we got.

This is the most important point.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By GreySeal9
@jg4xchamp said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Fixed.

Eminem had 2 good albums, Kanye had Late Registration ...and that's it. Neither of them are worthy of my spit for anything they did since lets say 05 since I'm not googling what year their shit runs began.

As usual I'll take the better person on the mic vs the guy who is only good at production.

Nope. All of Kanye's albums are good except for 808s and Eminem has been garbage on the mic for years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#248 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Locked on request.