The GameCube got better third party support than the Wii

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueteeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 blueteeth
Member since 2006 • 1158 Posts

COMPARE

gamecube out for 6 years

wii out for 8 months

pawnt n00b

solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#52 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
Rushed games aren't hardware dependent.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

There's a reason for that... Have you actually read the games on that list.. :?

FlockofSpagheti

Yes.. there are many great ones.

Are you kidding me? :|

Avatar image for FlockofSpagheti
FlockofSpagheti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FlockofSpagheti
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts
[QUOTE="FlockofSpagheti"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

OhSnapitz

There's a reason for that... Have you actually read the games on that list.. :?

Yes.. there are many great ones.

Are you kidding me? :|

Did you evne read it...?

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts
[QUOTE="magiciandude"]

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Yes. If Nintendo provided good hardware, Far Cry Vengeange maybe would've ended up even just a little better.AHUGECAT

Explain. Because I can say that Mobile Suit Gundam was the fault of Sony, not Namco's.

Gundam games don't have a history of greatness, Far Cry does.

That's not my point. Far Cry could have been a great game if Ubisoft delayed the game and fixed the problems and improved it's graphics and the whole game itself, but no, they chose to rush and release it without checking the gameitself. The fault is not of Nintendo, but of Ubisoft themselves.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="magiciandude"]

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Yes. If Nintendo provided good hardware, Far Cry Vengeange maybe would've ended up even just a little better.magiciandude

Explain. Because I can say that Mobile Suit Gundam was the fault of Sony, not Namco's.

Gundam games don't have a history of greatness, Far Cry does.

That's not my point. Far Cry could have been a great game if Ubisoft delayed the game and fixed the problems and improved it's graphics and the whole game itself, but no, they chose to rush and release it without checking the gameitself. The fault is not of Nintendo, but of Ubisoft themselves.

They did delay it and it was still crap. Every Ubisoft game except the kiddy ones have been crap on the Wii because the Wii is crap.

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 magiciandude

They did delay it and it was still crap. Every Ubisoft game except the kiddy ones have been crap on the Wii because the Wii is crap.

AHUGECAT

Even if it was delayed, that is still no excuse for making it crap. Just lookatSuper Mario Galaxy, that game definitely puts Far Cry to shame and it's been doing thatsince it was first shown. If games like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl can put off great graphics for the Wii, there is no excuse that Ubisoft can't.

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#58 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
this poster bashes wii every day i think he is a fake boy if u hate nintendo so much why do u have a mario pic? also no game cube got no where near the 3 party wii is getting . wii had like 4 games for like months .
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 magiciandude

this poster bashes wii every day i think he is a fake boy if u hate nintendo so much why do u have a mario pic? also no game cube got no where near the 3 party wii is getting . wii had like 4 games for like months .deadmeat59

Cause he used to like Nintendo.

Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts

Think about it... the Wii would be perfect for a Star Wars game, but it hasn't even got one announced, including The Force Unleashed. The GameCube on the other hand got an AAA Star Wars game off the bat (I think it's also the highest rated Star Wars game on here).

The GameCube also got main iterations to other series, such as Soul Calibur and Resident Evil (which was even exclusive for a while), unlike the Wii which gets crappy spin-offs. It might not have had stellar third party support but it had more than the Wii. The Wii isn't getting COD4 while the GC got COD2.

So when sheep say the Wii is attracting third parties, they are wrong. The Wii may not have as badthird party support as the N64, but don't expect third parties to jump ship. The Wii's hardware sales might be through the roof, but with few exceptions (as in really hyped games) third party games don't sell on the Wi, which is why GTAIV, Army of Two, Assassin's Creed, DMC4, etc. etc. will never make an appearance on the Wii.

AHUGECAT

your not taking into account that all of those game you mentioned that are on the 360 and PS3 have been in development for quite some time, way before the Wii took off. Honestly, the way things are going right now...third parties are going to put tons of games on the wii. TONS. And the reason your seeing spinoffs? Developers aren't trying to force games onto the wii...they want to take advantage of what the wiimote can do. Some developers have put out some pretty sucky games, yea...but that's because they've been rushed. There have been a very, very small amount of developers who have spent more than a year and a half with the Wii's hardware, simply because they thought it was gona be another gamecube as far as sales go. It took them by suprise...so they've been rushing to make a profit off of it. Honestly, name one third party game for the Wii that has spent 2 years in development?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The GC pushed third parties away... the Wii is attracting them... I wouldn't exactly say the GC had "better" third party support.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#62 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
The GC pushed third parties away... the Wii is attracting them... I wouldn't exactly say the GC had "better" third party support.foxhound_fox
Less we talkin' quality or quantity.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Think about it... the Wii would be perfect for a Star Wars game, but it hasn't even got one announced, including The Force Unleashed. The GameCube on the other hand got an AAA Star Wars game off the bat (I think it's also the highest rated Star Wars game on here).

The GameCube also got main iterations to other series, such as Soul Calibur and Resident Evil (which was even exclusive for a while), unlike the Wii which gets crappy spin-offs. It might not have had stellar third party support but it had more than the Wii. The Wii isn't getting COD4 while the GC got COD2.

So when sheep say the Wii is attracting third parties, they are wrong. The Wii may not have as badthird party support as the N64, but don't expect third parties to jump ship. The Wii's hardware sales might be through the roof, but with few exceptions (as in really hyped games) third party games don't sell on the Wi, which is why GTAIV, Army of Two, Assassin's Creed, DMC4, etc. etc. will never make an appearance on the Wii.

AHUGECAT

The GC got an inferior version to the real CoD 2 designed for the PC and 360. That aside, the Wii did get CoD 3, which the gamecube did not. Did the gamecube geta farcry game? No, the Wii did though, even if it was horrible, the Wii still got it. Did the gamecube ever see an exclusive FPS from a third party? The Wii Did... and the wii IS getting a starwars game... even if its just lego starwars... :/

Yeah but that was the COD2 for the consoles (with the exception of next-gen ones). The Wii got a retarded version of COD3 and Far Cry. The Wii destroyed the Far Cry name with its crappiness.

Ubisoft destroyed the Far Cry name -- not the Wii -- and COD3 was not 'a retarded version' -- it actually played very well when it came to accuracy and shooting -- it lacked mutliplayer, online, and had PS2 graphics, which lowered its score

COD3's gameplay was so bad. If you rested your arm it would go all over the place, and the aiming sucked, especially because of that stupid sensor bar. It's lack of good gameplay, good graphics and multiplayer which hurt it.

Why was Far Cry good on the Xbox and PC, but not the Wii? Because the Wii is a joke.

no...because it was the scrapped ps2 version
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
Why are you busting the gamecube? I've had it for 5 years going now and I love it. One of the best $110 I ever spent. I agree Wii should be getting more 3rd party support, but I love the gamecube.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

COMPARE

gamecube out for 6 years

wii out for 8 months

pawnt n00b

blueteeth
basically a big /thread right there.
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 magiciandude

AHUGECAT, if you're not even going to respond, mind as well consider yourself owned.