The GameCube got better third party support than the Wii

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

Think about it... the Wii would be perfect for a Star Wars game, but it hasn't even got one announced, including The Force Unleashed. The GameCube on the other hand got an AAA Star Wars game off the bat (I think it's also the highest rated Star Wars game on here).

The GameCube also got main iterations to other series, such as Soul Calibur and Resident Evil (which was even exclusive for a while), unlike the Wii which gets crappy spin-offs. It might not have had stellar third party support but it had more than the Wii. The Wii isn't getting COD4 while the GC got COD2.

So when sheep say the Wii is attracting third parties, they are wrong. The Wii may not have as badthird party support as the N64, but don't expect third parties to jump ship. The Wii's hardware sales might be through the roof, but with few exceptions (as in really hyped games) third party games don't sell on the Wi, which is why GTAIV, Army of Two, Assassin's Creed, DMC4, etc. etc. will never make an appearance on the Wii.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
the Wii is attracting third parties
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts
Didn't we already discussed this?
Avatar image for FlockofSpagheti
FlockofSpagheti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 FlockofSpagheti
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts

Dude... no.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AHUGECAT

Didn't we already discussed this? magiciandude

Kind of but it was in another thread.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
Well the Wii has only been around for 7 months, but I do believe as well that Wii third party titles have been less than impressive.
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts
no just no
jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jedigemini
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Think about it... the Wii would be perfect for a Star Wars game, but it hasn't even got one announced, including The Force Unleashed. The GameCube on the other hand got an AAA Star Wars game off the bat (I think it's also the highest rated Star Wars game on here).

The GameCube also got main iterations to other series, such as Soul Calibur and Resident Evil (which was even exclusive for a while), unlike the Wii which gets crappy spin-offs. It might not have had stellar third party support but it had more than the Wii. The Wii isn't getting COD4 while the GC got COD2.

So when sheep say the Wii is attracting third parties, they are wrong. The Wii may not have as badthird party support as the N64, but don't expect third parties to jump ship. The Wii's hardware sales might be through the roof, but with few exceptions (as in really hyped games) third party games don't sell on the Wi, which is why GTAIV, Army of Two, Assassin's Creed, DMC4, etc. etc. will never make an appearance on the Wii.

AHUGECAT

Factor Five was as close to second party as you can get.

Majorpublishers like Rockstar/Take-Two, EA, Ubisoft, Konami have all said they plan on offering the Wii much stronger support.... most of which offered the GC next to nothing.

Your thread fails.

dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
Didn't we already discussed this? magiciandude
Yeah, and I remember you! :o
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

jedigemini

Majorpublishers like Rockstar/Take-Two, EA, Ubisoft, Konami have all said they plan on offering the Wii much stronger support.... most of which offered the GC next to nothing.

Your thread fails.

Factor 5's games were never published by Nintendo. As their departure to Sony, it is obvious they had no alliance with Nintendo.

EA Playground, Boogie, Dewy's Adventure, Table Tennis... I'm talking GOOD third party support, not the amount. The Wii can get 3000 garbage games but they're still garbage games.

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 magiciandude

[QUOTE="magiciandude"]Didn't we already discussed this? AHUGECAT

Again, the GC had great third party support in it's early life than the Wii. You can't compare the two with this because the GC's later life caused Nintendo to lose developer support. The Wii is picking up 3rd party support where the GC left off afterwards, but at a slower rate.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

Your thread fails.

Factor 5's games were never published by Nintendo. As their departure to Sony, it is obvious they had no alliance with Nintendo.

EA Playground, Boogie, Dewy's Adventure, Table Tennis... I'm talking GOOD third party support, not the amount. The Wii can get 3000 garbage games but they're still garbage games.

Ones perception of good is different then yours. I'm interested in Dewys adventure, boogie, manhunt 2, and bully. -- you might not be.

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 magiciandude

[QUOTE="magiciandude"]Didn't we already discussed this? dragonlife29
Yeah, and I remember you! :o

Somehow, I figured you'd here. :P

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="magiciandude"]Didn't we already discussed this? magiciandude

Again, the GC had great third party support in it's early life than the Wii. You can't compare the two with this because the GC's later life caused Nintendo to lose developer support. The Wii is picking up 3rd party support where the GC left off afterwards, but at a slower rate.

Resident Evil 4 - 2005
MGS: The Twin Snakes - 2004
Viewtiful Joe - 2004
Soul Calibur II - 2003

I do agree that the GC lost some support after 2003, but it was still far superior to the Wii's.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Haziqonfire

Your thread fails.

Ones perception of good is different then yours. I'm interested in Dewys adventure, boogie, manhunt 2, and bully. -- you might not be.

You're right, I guess. I have GTAIV, Army of Two, Devil May Cry 4, Eternal Sonata, Left 4 Dead, etc. etc. to look forward too, so I just ignore those games.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jedigemini
[QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

Your thread fails.

The Wii is the fastest selling console of all time... and as this generation progresses you thread will be proven wrong time and time agian. You're wasting your time.

This thread is garbage.

solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
Providing very biased and limited examples doesn't make an argument.
FlockofSpagheti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FlockofSpagheti

1.Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (2007)

2.Madden NFL 08 (August 14, 2007)

3.Blocks (Early 2008)

4.No More Heroes (Late 2007)

5.Mushroom Men: The Spore War (Fall 2008)

6.Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace (Q4 2007)

7.Trauma Center: New Blood (2008)

8.Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (November 16, 2007)

9.Lego Star Wars: The Complete Sega (November 2007)

10.Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Late 2007)

11.King Story (2008)

12.Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (Fall 2008)

13.Thrillville: Off the Rails (October 2007)

14.Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (October 2007)

15.de Blob (February 2008)

16.Bully: Scholarship Edition (2007)

17.Boogie (August 7, 2007)

18.Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire (September 2007)

19.Dragon Quest Swords: The Mask Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (2008)

20.Ghost Squad (Late 2007)

21.Guiter Hero III: Legends of Rock (October 2007)

22.MySims (Late 2007)

23.Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (July 26, 2007)

24.NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (November 13, 2007)

25.Sadness (2010)

26.Red Steel II (2009)

27.Brothers in Arms: Double Time (September 11, 2007)

28.Dewy's Adventure (2007)

29.Opoona (2008)

30.Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (October 2007)

31.From Yellow to Orange Project (TBA)

32.Pyro Studios Project (TBA)

33.Blast Works: Build, Fuse & Destroy (2008)

34.Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (2008)

35.Nitro Bike (Late 2007)

36.Rockstar Games Presents: Table Tennis (2007)

37.Puzzle Quest (Fall 2007)

38.Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (2007)

39.Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk (2008)

40.Need for Speed: ProStreet (October 30, 2007)

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jedigemini
[QUOTE="magiciandude"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Resident Evil 4 - 2005
Viewtiful Joe - 2004
Soul Calibur II - 2003

I do agree that the GC lost some support after 2003, but it was still far superior to the Wii's.

Better than the Wii's? Are you kidding me? By 2004 theGC was getting only a handful of third party games a year. Your embarassing yourself here.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

jedigemini

Your thread fails.

The Wii is the fastest selling console of all time... and as this generation progresses you thread will be proven wrong time and time agian. You're wasting your time.

This thread is garbage.

It's software sales that matter. Also, the Wii lacks hardware to get serious third party support. The Wii will not get much better third party games ever.

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 magiciandude

Resident Evil 4 - 2005
Viewtiful Joe - 2004
Soul Calibur II - 2003

Nintendo and Namco's relation is no doubt great at the time. However, Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4 got ported to the PS2, which is basically losing support. Losing exclusives doesn't show how great a 3rd party support can be. At any rate, you're comparing a console that came out 6 years compared to a console that came out 6-7 months (I lost count).

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts
I agree, most sheep dont give any proof to back anything up, most just say things like "no" or "are you kidding me?", but its true, Wii has nothing but spinoffs and hundreds of mediocre games. At E3, the big 3rd party announcements by Nintendo were games like Smackdown vs. Raw and some Medal of Honor, seriously, thats bad..
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 magiciandude

It's software sales that matter. Also, the Wii lacks hardware to get serious third party support. The Wii will not get much better third party games ever.
AHUGECAT

You don't know that.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="magiciandude"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="magiciandude"]Didn't we already discussed this? magiciandude

Resident Evil 4 - 2005
Viewtiful Joe - 2004
Soul Calibur II - 2003

Nintendo and Namco's relation is no doubt great at the time. However, Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4 got ported to the PS2, which is basically losing support. Losing exclusives doesn't show how great a 3rd party support can be. At any rate, you're comparing a console that came out 6 years compared to a console that came out 6-7 months (I lost count).

Question - did the original PlayStation get great third party support?

Yeah I am, but even the first year the GC got better games than the Wii, one of the worst consoles of all time.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jedigemini

3.Blocks (Early 2008)

11.King Story (2008)

22.MySims (Late 2007)

25.Sadness (2010)

26.Red Steel II (2009)

29.Opoona (2008)

FlockofSpagheti

I guess that pretty much wraps it up.

Thread = phail

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

AHUGECAT

The GC got an inferior version to the real CoD 2 designed for the PC and 360. That aside, the Wii did get CoD 3, which the gamecube did not. Did the gamecube geta farcry game? No, the Wii did though, even if it was horrible, the Wii still got it. Did the gamecube ever see an exclusive FPS from a third party? The Wii Did... and the wii IS getting a starwars game... even if its just lego starwars... :/

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
the Wii is suffering in the wake of the GC.  Because of GC's sales sucked, dev's decided to not make games for the Wii, thinking it would also suck saleswise.  they couldn't have been more wrong.  So now dev's wo decided to produce PS3 games in the wake of the PS2's success are seeing the same thing.  the PS2 did well, so they thought the PS3 would do well also.  they couldn't have been more wrong.  So, what I predict will happen is that we will see a massive shift of resources from the PS3 to the Wii over the next year or two
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

gamer620

The GC got an inferior version to the real CoD 2 designed for the PC and 360. That aside, the Wii did get CoD 3, which the gamecube did not. Did the gamecube geta farcry game? No, the Wii did though, even if it was horrible, the Wii still got it. Did the gamecube ever see an exclusive FPS from a third party? The Wii Did... and the wii IS getting a starwars game... even if its just lego starwars... :/

Yeah but that was the COD2 for the consoles (with the exception of next-gen ones). The Wii got a retarded version of COD3 and Far Cry. The Wii destroyed the Far Cry name with its crappiness.

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
How is this even a debate, there's no denying, Wii's 3rd party support is crap compared to 360's and PS3's, Wii's real audience now are new gamers, publishers aren't going to put their big name franchises andsequels where people won't even appreiciate what they are, like Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Devil May Cry 4, and coupled with the fact Wii's hardware is nothing compared to it's competitors adds more to my reasoning. I'm as much of anintendo fan as the next,but Wii is a big disappointment from what we were promised and I see nothing except for Mario, Metroid, and Smash Bros.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

Yeah but that was the COD2 for the consoles (with the exception of next-gen ones). The Wii got a retarded version of COD3 and Far Cry. The Wii destroyed the Far Cry name with its crappiness.

Ubisoft destroyed the Far Cry name -- not the Wii -- and COD3 was not 'a retarded version' -- it actually played very well when it came to accuracy and shooting -- it lacked mutliplayer, online, and had PS2 graphics, which lowered its score

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 magiciandude

Question - did the original PlayStation get great third party support?

Yeah I am, but even the first year the GC got better games than the Wii, one of the worst consoles of all time.

AHUGECAT

Again, this is where relationship comes in place. 3rd parties would think that after the N64, the GC couldn't get any worse, well thought wrong. Although there were a handful of 3rd party games for the GC, many got ported or didn't do so well with sales. This is where I brought up about 3rd parties being skeptical about the Wii after the N64 and GC. See, those two previous consoles gave Nintendo a bad reputaton, not many developers would believe that the Wii could be successful. I can attest one thing about third party support compared to the GC starting with Hideo Kojima. The only game that the GC got from HK was a remake of MGS1 which sucked in sales. Now with the Wii, he is making an untitled project and Project 'S' with Suda 51, plus (if you count this), allowing Snake to be Brawl and developing his stage. That's just one example.

solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 solidsnakeEx3
[QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

I don't think COD2 for GC was so hot either.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Haziqonfire

Ubisoft destroyed the Far Cry name -- not the Wii -- and COD3 was not 'a retarded version' -- it actually played very well when it came to accuracy and shooting -- it lacked mutliplayer, online, and had PS2 graphics, which lowered its score

COD3's gameplay was so bad. If you rested your arm it would go all over the place, and the aiming sucked, especially because of that stupid sensor bar. It's lack of good gameplay, good graphics and multiplayer which hurt it.

Why was Far Cry good on the Xbox and PC, but not the Wii? Because the Wii is a joke.

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 magiciandude

the Wii is suffering in the wake of the GC. Because of GC's sales sucked, dev's decided to not make games for the Wii, thinking it would also suck saleswise. they couldn't have been more wrong. So now dev's wo decided to produce PS3 games in the wake of the PS2's success are seeing the same thing. the PS2 did well, so they thought the PS3 would do well also. they couldn't have been more wrong. So, what I predict will happen is that we will see a massive shift of resources from the PS3 to the Wii over the next year or twohamstergeddon

And that's what I've been trying to say.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jedigemini

GC's third party support = shrinking

Wii's third party support = growing

/thread

solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 solidsnakeEx3
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

COD3's gameplay was so bad. If you rested your arm it would go all over the place, and the aiming sucked, especially because of that stupid sensor bar. It's lack of good gameplay, good graphics and multiplayer which hurt it.

Why was Far Cry good on the Xbox and PC, but not the Wii? Because the Wii is a joke.

Look at Ubisoft's lineup for the Wii around launch. Besides Rayman, everything was rushed.

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 magiciandude

AHUGECAT

How is it Nintendo's fault that Ubisoft got lazy with Far Cry? Ubisoft even admitted rushing games for launch.

Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts

the Wii is suffering in the wake of the GC. Because of GC's sales sucked, dev's decided to not make games for the Wii, thinking it would also suck saleswise. they couldn't have been more wrong. So now dev's wo decided to produce PS3 games in the wake of the PS2's success are seeing the same thing. the PS2 did well, so they thought the PS3 would do well also. they couldn't have been more wrong. So, what I predict will happen is that we will see a massive shift of resources from the PS3 to the Wii over the next year or twohamstergeddon

The first part of this post holds alot of truth to it. The Wii is a sleeper hit apparently. It's caused such a turnaround even dev's seemed to have lost the plot.

Although I don't totally agree with the shifting of PS3's assets I can't say it's all that solid for it.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

magiciandude

How is it Nintendo's fault that Ubisoft got lazy with Far Cry? Ubisoft even admitted rushing games for launch.

Lack of hardware, and bad controls.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts

[QUOTE="hamstergeddon"]the Wii is suffering in the wake of the GC. Because of GC's sales sucked, dev's decided to not make games for the Wii, thinking it would also suck saleswise. they couldn't have been more wrong. So now dev's wo decided to produce PS3 games in the wake of the PS2's success are seeing the same thing. the PS2 did well, so they thought the PS3 would do well also. they couldn't have been more wrong. So, what I predict will happen is that we will see a massive shift of resources from the PS3 to the Wii over the next year or twomagiciandude

And that's what I've been trying to say.

AHUGECAT can't get it through his skull that dev's are here to make money.  they respond to the market, to predict what will give them the greatest $$$$.  With the Wii sales skyrocketing, its becoming increasingly that the Wii will get them a lot of cash.  

And for all of you saying that mini-games and kiddy games sell well on the Wii, RE4 is rumored to have broke the top ten software sales list.  We'll find out for sure monday!  
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 magiciandude

AHUGECAT

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Besides, again, Ubisoft admitted in a German magazine (Der Spiegel to be more specific)that they made a mistake rushing titles for the Wii launch. So is it Nintendo's fault that Ubisoft decided to rush their titles for the Wii?

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
lol, seriously, just no.
FlockofSpagheti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FlockofSpagheti
[QUOTE="FlockofSpagheti"]

3.Blocks (Early 2008)

11.King Story (2008)

22.MySims (Late 2007)

25.Sadness (2010)

26.Red Steel II (2009)

29.Opoona (2008)

jedigemini

Thread = phail

lol yeah... but no one is noticing..

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="magiciandude"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

magiciandude

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Besides, again, Ubisoft admitted in a German magazine (Der Spiegel to be more specific)that they made a mistake rushing titles for the Wii launch. So is it Nintendo's fault that Ubisoft decided to rush their titles for the Wii?

Yes. If Nintendo provided good hardware, Far Cry Vengeange maybe would've ended up even just a little better.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jedigemini

Sigh... so much jealousy that the Wii is mopping the floor with the 360/PS3

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="FlockofSpagheti"]

3.Blocks (Early 2008)

11.King Story (2008)

22.MySims (Late 2007)

25.Sadness (2010)

26.Red Steel II (2009)

29.Opoona (2008)

FlockofSpagheti

Thread = phail

Because the list proves my point.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

3.Blocks (Early 2008)

11.King Story (2008)

22.MySims (Late 2007)

25.Sadness (2010)

26.Red Steel II (2009)

29.Opoona (2008)

FlockofSpagheti

Thread = phail

There's a reason for that... Have you actually read the games on that list.. :?

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 magiciandude

Yes. If Nintendo provided good hardware, Far Cry Vengeange maybe would've ended up even just a little better.AHUGECAT

Explain. Because I can say that Mobile Suit Gundam was the fault of Sony, not Namco's.

FlockofSpagheti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FlockofSpagheti
[QUOTE="FlockofSpagheti"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="FlockofSpagheti"]

3.Blocks (Early 2008)

11.King Story (2008)

22.MySims (Late 2007)

25.Sadness (2010)

26.Red Steel II (2009)

29.Opoona (2008)

OhSnapitz

Thread = phail

[QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="FlockofSpagheti"]

3.Blocks (Early 2008)

11.King Story (2008)

22.MySims (Late 2007)

25.Sadness (2010)

26.Red Steel II (2009)

29.Opoona (2008)

FlockofSpagheti

Thread = phail

There's a reason for that... Have you actually read the games on that list.. :?

Yes.. there are many great ones.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Yes. If Nintendo provided good hardware, Far Cry Vengeange maybe would've ended up even just a little better.magiciandude

Explain. Because I can say that Mobile Suit Gundam was the fault of Sony, not Namco's.

Gundam games don't have a history of greatness, Far Cry does.