The Assassin's Creed IV Hype Thread

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: The Assassin's Creed IV Hype Thread (50 votes)

AAAA (GOAT of all time) 14%
AAA (As good as GTA V) 48%
AA (As good as TLOU) 24%
A (Poor Phazon) 10%
Below A (RIP in peace PhazonBlazer) 4%

ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG

The Official Thread of Pirates be Assassins

Release Date: October 29, 2013

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal

Publisher: Ubisoft

Platforms: Xbox 360, Xbox One*, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4*, Wii U*, PC*

* game may not be available on release date and/or in all territories

COLLECTOR'S EDITIONS

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

REVIEWS

Coming soon!

#1 Edited by charizard1605 (58305 posts) -

Reserved

#2 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

10/10 GOAT of All Time Masterpiece SOAT of All Time World Class Experience This is How You Do Sandbox Sandbox Game of All Time GOAT

#Hashtag

#3 Posted by padaporra (3430 posts) -

I stopped caring about Assassin's Creed after AC3, but I hope this game puts the series back on track.

#4 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Eh, this franchise has grown so tiring.

Update dat combat

#5 Edited by Joedgabe (5127 posts) -

I'd Say a 7 or maybe even a 6. I'm pretty sure reviewers as well as everyone has gotten tired and bored at the combat.

#6 Edited by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

For those that don't mind knowing the backstory; it's nothing too bad just a brief backstory. Also, please take note that many long time fans may not enjoy this backstory as from what I've seen the conspiracy bullshit seems to be long gone; you know that race to save humanity thingy? Yeah, it's all gone.

From what I've seen there is no future story other than you're a guy that produces entertainment from memories, for example a movie, or a video game; AC4 brakes the fourth wall at times by suggesting that AC3: Liberation is indeed a video game produced by "Abstergo Entertainment Industries"

#7 Edited by Zaraxius (205 posts) -

Funny story:

The other day a PC gamer was convinced that I would actually spend my time playing this game, despite me owning a Wii U and 3DS. I checked my beard to see if I had a little scruff and that he had perhaps mistaken me as a fellow PC gamer, who would indeed have standards this low. Nope. I was clean-shaven. He genuinely believed that I must look forward to the same crappy experiences as he since we share a lot of the same games.

Not having handheld or console exclusives can do strange things to a (basement-dwelling, mouth-breathing, fedora-wearing, out-of-shape) man.

#8 Edited by Couth_ (10182 posts) -

A A A A A

GREATEST GOAT OF ALL TIME

#9 Posted by Ribnarak (2298 posts) -

gonna be my first AC game!

#10 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4089 posts) -

I say what I've already said.

Of all games I thought would become yearly releases, AC was not one of them. But I'll hype AAA. I think AA is the best chance, but what the hell is the point of hype threads if you hype these high profile games safely?

AAAA, AAA or get the eff out.

#11 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9062 posts) -

I'm super hyped for this game. I became instantly interested when They said it would take place in the golden age of piracy on the open seas. That's a dream setting come true for me. However, the only Assassin's Creed I played was the second and I didn't very much like it at the time. I decided to give it a second chance recently and I found myself getting completely sucked in and nearly 100%ed the darn thing. It has a bunch of flaws, but it's darn enjoyable regardless.

I guess I'm lucky. I'm nowhere near being Assassin's Creeded out. Instead I'm completely pumped up for the Assassin's Creed that takes place in my favourite historical setting.

I expect an 8/10 here and for me to be completely obsessed with this game for many hours on end.

P.S. My copy is paid for and set to be delivered to my doorstep tomorrow. I can hardly contain my excitement!

#12 Posted by Bigboi500 (30112 posts) -

AAA, haters.

#13 Posted by charizard1605 (58305 posts) -

I genuinely do expect this game to be great though. Every title except for III has so far been a genuine step forwards, and I expect this one to be no different.

#14 Edited by princeofshapeir (14277 posts) -

I predict AC3 all over again, with everyone expecting a revitalization of the series and instead getting something pretty underwhelming. AA.

#15 Edited by Capitan_Kid (6585 posts) -

From the vids Ive seen this game is shaping up to be the best Asscreed ever

#16 Edited by charizard1605 (58305 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

I predict AC3 all over again, with everyone expecting a revitalization of the series and instead getting something pretty underwhelming. AA.

AC3 had an insane amount of hype going in; this game largely has people skeptical

#17 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6585 posts) -

Also this game will be 39.99 on Black Friday. Totally waiting for that sale

#18 Posted by mems_1224 (47296 posts) -

Hoping that this isn't a giant pile of shit like the last 2

#19 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Wow, color me surprised. This game's scoring better than I thought.

Lowest score I've seen so far is from Polygon. Real shocker there...

#20 Posted by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

9.0 on GS

Didn't expect that, was going for AA. Still, glad to hear it, have the game on pre-order, after all. Glad the series managed to freshen itself up a little, despite the annualized model.

#21 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Oh wow, it released today ?
I completely forgot about this game.

Franchise fatigue at it's finest.

#22 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Will wait for the PS4 version

#23 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21810 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-review/1900-6415509/

AAA, holy sheeet it's been a while but then again it's not Kevin V reviewing it.

#24 Posted by uninspiredcup (9020 posts) -

More of the same. 6.

#25 Posted by freedomfreak (41036 posts) -

I wonder how the WiiU version stacks up against the Ps3/360 version.

#26 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

Gamespot just gave it a 9.

#27 Posted by TheEroica (13727 posts) -

Just watched the review... The AC pacing has returned. Pre ordered!

#28 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

called it

#29 Posted by yokofox33 (29918 posts) -

I thought it would be more of the same (and in some areas in seems to be), but that review has just about sold me on the game. I might get it at launch with my PS4.

AC3 really turned me off of the franchise, but IV seems like a fresher experience. I'll try to slug through it before buying ACIV.

#30 Posted by dommeus (9379 posts) -

Happy with the score, but annoyed they still felt inclined to include eavesdropping and follow missions

#31 Posted by starjet905 (1936 posts) -

This is getting decent reviews almost everywhere, but I'm one of the few people who didn't like the naval combat in AC3, which was also incidentally which kept me from pursuing 100% synch, while I happilly went for that in AC2, ACB and ACR. As such, I'm still on the fence about this. Really impressed by most of the gameplay they've shown, but still unsure whether I'll get this, because of my fear-of-naval-sections. Should probably try it at someone else's place first.

Still, it's good to see an AC game getting a 9 again.

@zaraxius said:

Funny story:

The other day a PC gamer was convinced that I would actually spend my time playing this game, despite me owning a Wii U and 3DS. I checked my beard to see if I had a little scruff and that he had perhaps mistaken me as a fellow PC gamer, who would indeed have standards this low. Nope. I was clean-shaven. He genuinely believed that I must look forward to the same crappy experiences as he since we share a lot of the same games.

Not having handheld or console exclusives can do strange things to a (basement-dwelling, mouth-breathing, fedora-wearing, out-of-shape) man.

Fun fact:

A majority of people who play AC do so on consoles, not PC.

#32 Edited by Badosh (12733 posts) -

woat of all time.

#33 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Certainly wasn't expecting a 9.0. But then again AC III got good reviews and that was a steaming pile

GAF compiled a list of all reviews and it's doing really really well.... I'm actually considering getting it now and I swore I wouldn't

But why are the reviews out so early? isn't the game like a month off? oh PS360 versions are out today, my bad

#34 Posted by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Certainly wasn't expecting a 9.0. But then again AC III got good reviews and that was a steaming pile

GAF compiled a list of all reviews and it's doing really really well.... I'm actually considering getting it now and I swore I wouldn't

But why are the reviews out so early? isn't the game like a month off? oh PS360 versions are out today, my bad

You know you want it! :P

I pre-ordered it on GMG for 37 EUR... I think they still have a 25% off voucher availible. A great price for a new AAA title.

#35 Posted by Heil68 (45267 posts) -

Good score, hopefully I can play this till completion.

#36 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

You know you want it! :P

I pre-ordered it on GMG for 37 EUR... I think they still have a 25% off voucher availible. A great price for a new AAA title.

I could get it for like 24 Euro on another site but I still don't know. I don't wanna get fooled by an AC game again and it's still like a month off

#37 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9062 posts) -

I can't wait! My copy is on it's way here today! Based on the previews and the reviews so far, this may be my unexpected GOTY. Everything about it just sounds like a dream come true for me.

I fully expect it to be my favourite open world game of the generation.

#38 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

So, how about that mediocre Assassin's Creed franchise?

#39 Posted by TheEroica (13727 posts) -

I hope this game kicks my ass... I'm in such need for a proper AC game. I swear, if I have to go scavenging in some distant wilderness for little to no payoff I'm gonna riot.

#40 Edited by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

The series gets alot of flak (alot of it deserved) but i've enjoy all the main games in the series and Brotherhood, and they've all objectively been good games.

So, AAA is my vote. (doh didn't realise it was already reviewed, would've been correct either way woot :P)

@seanmcloughlin: Where did you see it for 24 Euro?.

#41 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4826 posts) -

Oh, wait, Chari, so you just created the hype thread yesterday ?

It´s no hype thread if we already know the score.

#42 Posted by freedomfreak (41036 posts) -

u6wx.gif

#43 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Thank you Freedom, truly we are humbled by Ubisoft today.

#44 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

I liked number 3 as it was the first one i played. I didnt like the ship battles though.

#45 Posted by nini200 (9827 posts) -

Getting the WiiU version.

#46 Posted by heretrix (37440 posts) -

I want to buy this stupid game but apparently Ubi didn't tell anyone that is supposed to be selling it that it's supposed to be out today.

Shit.

#47 Edited by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

@heretrix said:

I want to buy this stupid game but apparently Ubi didn't tell anyone that is supposed to be selling it that it's supposed to be out today.

Shit.

Nov. 1st in Europe on PC.

#48 Edited by freedomfreak (41036 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

Nov. 1st in Europe.

Saw it in the store yesterday.

#49 Posted by heretrix (37440 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@Snugenz said:

Nov. 1st in Europe.

I think I know the problem. I think the PC version isn't out yet and the console versions are. God, I fucking hate Ubisoft sometimes.

#50 Posted by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@Snugenz said:

Nov. 1st in Europe.

On PC i meant :P