Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#101 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7204 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

What’s next, Pedro thinks the PS5 has the same base as PS4 in 2020? 😆#rekt

That tells you nothing about how many people want to buy a game. What we do know now, is FF isn't the system seller it once was. Nowhere close.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50562 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

That tells you nothing about how many people want to buy a game. What we do know now, is FF isn't the system seller it once was. Nowhere close.

You're arguing with no one on this.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#104  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts
@Jag85 said:

@Pedro: Just admit you don't know what mathematics, statistics, probability or estimates mean. And you're confusing maths with physics for some reason. You're clearly very ignorant about mathematics.

It's obvious you're just trolling now, so I won't bother replying to your troll bait any further.

First, you said I don't know that probability exist , to I don't know math, to I am confusing math with physics. I have never seen someone spin as much as you have. Now you are showing the Dunning Kruger effect which captures your state (I know everything) because the fact is that we don't know but you are pretending to be the one that does. 🤔

You are trying everything in the book to hide from the fact that you made a speculative claim and tried to pass it off as "sample maths" .😂

@SolidGame_basic said:

You are trying really hard and you don't realize how much you are embarrassing yourself, which makes it even more hilarious.🤭

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7166 Posts

@dabear said:

@texasgoldrush:

1. SE should not have agreed to make the game a PS5 exclusive. Now, even if they do release it on PC or Xbox, it's already been tainted (because #2).
  2. SE should not have said stupid things like "if you want to play it, go buy a PS5."
  3. "Remakes" should not be made anymore. Original content is proving to be the better money maker.
  4. Sony continues it's trend of paying for exclusivity of underwhelming titles - either by quality (Rise of the Ronin, Forespoken), marketability (FF), or both.

remakes are awesome (midevil,shadow of colossus,res1-4 and more) they are not all that bad. besides how is sony tainting games for those who want the game?

rise is good game, final fantasy both games got a 9. so how is sony paying for exclusively a bad thing for them? as price goes down so will the sales goes up.

yes forespoken is bad game.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Gifford38
@mesome713 said:

@Jag85: Its the worst physical selling FF game ever.

fixed. I bet the digital sold way more.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7204 Posts

@gifford38: We were counting digital. FF XVI and Remake were counting digital too. Its still the worst performing.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@dabear said:

@texasgoldrush:

1. SE should not have agreed to make the game a PS5 exclusive. Now, even if they do release it on PC or Xbox, it's already been tainted (because #2).
  2. SE should not have said stupid things like "if you want to play it, go buy a PS5."
  3. "Remakes" should not be made anymore. Original content is proving to be the better money maker.
  4. Sony continues it's trend of paying for exclusivity of underwhelming titles - either by quality (Rise of the Ronin, Forespoken), marketability (FF), or both.

remakes are awesome (midevil,shadow of colossus,res1-4 and more) they are not all that bad. besides how is sony tainting games for those who want the game?

rise is good game, final fantasy both games got a 9. so how is sony paying for exclusively a bad thing for them? as price goes down so will the sales goes up.

yes forespoken is bad game.

First off, remakes are bad. They are bad because if you pay $70 for a game, it should not be a game you already played. It's no better than remakes of movies.

The point here is that FF games have been selling like crap. Does it matter if SE releases a 9/10 game if they lose money on it? You can't take journalist scores to the bank.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Gifford38

@dabear: so years of developing a remake should be done for free? People know what they are buying even if it's 70 bucks. It's also new for most of the gamers today. You think most gamers have played ps1 final fantasy 7? Or metal gear 3 or res 2 on ps2? No it's for nostalgia people that want to buy it or the new comers. Yes last of us 1 was ridiculous but it still looks awesome. But alot of people like remakes. I think it's great to play my old games I loved with today graphics. Wish nin would do super metroid.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@gifford38: Remakes shouldn't be done at all.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#111  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14900 Posts

Down the charts it goes.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

The numbers will pick up. This is on course to be GOTY.

In all honesty, why couldn't Square remake it during the PS3 era? There was soo much type around that time and people were begging for it. Those that played FF7 during the PS1 era were mostly millennials and Gen X

Regardless, GOTY!

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 texasgoldrush

@omegamaster said:

In all honesty, why couldn't Square remake it during the PS3 era? There was soo much type around that time and people were begging for it. Those that played FF7 during the PS1 era were mostly millennials and Gen X

Regardless, GOTY!

No, they are slowing down. The sales are becoming more and more saturated.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#114 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Well however it ends up selling I think that it’s one of the greatest games ever made. Probably put it at the top of my all time favourites list. Sorry Chrono Trigger but I think you’ll have to move down to the number 2 spot now.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 omegaMaster

@texasgoldrush said:
@omegamaster said:

Regardless, GOTY!

It won't be saturated. Wait till it comes out on PC and when it gets discounted, on PS Plus... people will be onboard with it. Gotta think positively.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By texasgoldrush
@omegamaster said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@omegamaster said:

Regardless, GOTY!

It won't be saturated. Wait till it comes out on PC and when it gets discounted, on PS Plus... people will be onboard with it. Gotta think positively.

If it gets on PS Plus, sales would slow even more. That is what happened to Remake.

And they would probably need to get it to PS Plus as soon as possible, regardless.

@Archangel3371 said:

Well however it ends up selling I think that it’s one of the greatest games ever made. Probably put it at the top of my all time favourites list. Sorry Chrono Trigger but I think you’ll have to move down to the number 2 spot now.

How so? It will end up a sone of the most overrated games ever made. And with its sales, one of the most overhyped ever.

The story is crap and overall worse than the original, the gameplay is run of the mill, the open world and quest design are behind the greats, etc. Really, Rebirth will not be influential, unlike say Chrono Trigger.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Archangel3371

@texasgoldrush: I found the story, gameplay, and music to be absolutely fantastic. Graphically it looks quite good. The game world is huge and there’s a ton of content in it. An incredible amount of variety in the content as well. Voice acting and character portrayal is excellent. Love how it expands from the original. Easily my GotY currently, one of the best games that I’ve ever played, and probably my number one game of all time.

The greatness of a game isn’t dictated by its sales or influence. Otherwise Call of Duty games would be the greatest games of all time.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 texasgoldrush

@Archangel3371 said:

@texasgoldrush: I found the story, gameplay, and music to be absolutely fantastic. Graphically it looks quite good. The game world is huge and there’s a ton of content in it. An incredible amount of variety in the content as well. Voice acting and character portrayal is excellent. Love how it expands from the original. Easily my GotY currently, one of the best games that I’ve ever played, and probably my number one game of all time.

The greatness of a game isn’t dictated by its sales or influence. Otherwise Call of Duty games would be the greatest games of all time.

The story is a complete mess that ruins the best parts of the original and the gameplay is formulaic as well as the open world design and quests. The game world is quite plastic compared to other open world games. The mini games are hit or miss, unlike Like a Dragon and so is the variety of content. And the voice acting is pretty weak and character portrayals are mixed.

This is a corporate product, nothing more, and it is backfiring with less than hype sales.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Archangel3371

@texasgoldrush: I couldn’t disagree with you more.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 omegaMaster

@texasgoldrush: You probably don't like Final Fantasy 7. Face it, this is a masterpiece in modern Final Fantasy games. I cannot remember the last Final Fantasy that feels like it's a Squaresoft game! Regardless if it doesn't meet sales, it's still a 10/10 blockbuster hit. Sales will always go up. Slowly but surely.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 texasgoldrush

@omegamaster said:

@texasgoldrush: You probably don't like Final Fantasy 7. Face it, this is a masterpiece in modern Final Fantasy games. I cannot remember the last Final Fantasy that feels like it's a Squaresoft game! Regardless if it doesn't meet sales, it's still a 10/10 blockbuster hit. Sales will always go up. Slowly but surely.

No, its FFVII castrated and corporatized.

And it is far from a 10/10 if you do actual criticism.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Chutebox

@Archangel3371: He's been on an anti FF crusade for some time.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Archangel3371

@Chutebox: A bit of an understatement there. 😅

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#124  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts
@texasgoldrush said:
@Archangel3371 said:

How so? It will end up a sone of the most overrated games ever made. And with its sales, one of the most overhyped ever.

The story is crap and overall worse than the original, the gameplay is run of the mill, the open world and quest design are behind the greats, etc. Really, Rebirth will not be influential, unlike say Chrono Trigger.

Archangel's opinion is authentic, based on his actual experience playing through the game. Your opinion is inauthentic, as it just comes from YouTube rather than actually playing the game.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Archangel's opinion is authentic, based on his actual experience playing through the game. Your opinion is inauthentic, as it just comes from YouTube rather than actually playing the game.

Yet plenty of games can be judged from watching videos. I know Superman 64 is a terrible game without even playing it. Hell, the only aspect I would not know is how it controls, that is it.

I can judge the story and its world and game design, both are lackluster.

Some nonsense argument you have, along with your sales argument.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8222 Posts

Can't get past the first one on ps4. Everytime I try get about an hour in.. get bored and stop. If this game is split up into 3 parts, I'm never finnishing it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Jag85

@texasgoldrush: All you're doing is just regurgitating some opinion you've heard from a YouTuber. That's not your own opinion. It's an opinion you copy-pasted from someone else.

You're trying to argue with Archangel about a game that he's played and you haven't. He's speaking from experience. You're speaking from ignorance.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:

@texasgoldrush: All you're doing is just regurgitating some opinion you've heard from a YouTuber. That's not your own opinion. It's an opinion you copy-pasted from someone else.

You're trying to argue with Archangel about a game that he's played and you haven't. He's speaking from experience. You're speaking from ignorance.

Or I watched much of the story without a specific youtuber's opinion, and found it sucks, as well as watching the gameplay loop and many of its side quests.

I did the same with Dontnod's Banishers (which did have a good story).

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#129  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts
@omegamaster said:

Regardless, GOTY!

If the game been remade on PS3 it would have been too expensive moneywise to render towns lol.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Jag85

@texasgoldrush: That's just silly. You can't get a feel for how something plays by watching a YouTube video. If you don't have hands-on experience, then your opinion is irrelevant.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 texasgoldrush

@sakaixx said:
@omegamaster said:

Regardless, GOTY!

If the game been remade on PS3 it would have been too expensive moneywise to render towns lol.

They should have properly remade the original with better graphics and script and left everything else alone.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 texasgoldrush
@Jag85 said:

@texasgoldrush: That's just silly. You can't get a feel for how something plays by watching a YouTube video. If you don't have hands-on experience, then your opinion is irrelevant.

Except you can for this type of game. And I do not need hands on experience to judge the narrative.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 omegaMaster

@texasgoldrush said:
@omegamaster said:

No, its FFVII castrated and corporatized.

And it is far from a 10/10 if you do actual criticism.

Every game has its criticism. If you look at the bigger picture, loads of people are having tons of fun. Personally, this is the type of game Square should have done after FF12. If you play it, you realise how bare bones FF13, 15 and 16 are as a base game.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By omegaMaster
@texasgoldrush said:
@sakaixx said:
@omegamaster said:

Regardless, GOTY!

They should have properly remade the original with better graphics and script and left everything else alone.

I would've been happy with that too. But we might never see that in our lifetime...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Pedro

@texasgoldrush said:

Why do that when you can sell the game three times?😂

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 670 Posts

I believe the FF7 we are seeing now is the FF7 they wanted to make in the 1990s but didn't have the technology or budget for then. What we got was a cut down version of the story. You saw how they revised things with Advent Children. They have said this series of games will connect with AC.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Got Milk? lol :P

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Jag85
@texasgoldrush said:
@Jag85 said:

Except you can for this type of game. And I do not need hands on experience to judge the narrative.

It's not a cinematic movie game. It's an open world action RPG. You can't judge the gameplay or world by watching YouTube.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Pedro

@Jag85: If the game is anything like the demo and Remake, it is littered with frequent cutscenes.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 omegaMaster
@Pedro said:

@Jag85: If the game is anything like the demo and Remake, it is littered with frequent cutscenes.

It's 100% not the case. Rebirth is open world and lots of stuff to do - think of FF7 PS1 but more content. The experience of playing FF7 Rebirth is different to Remake. It's not littered with frequent cutscenes either. There are cutscenes though, but nothing like the magnitude of FF16 which is a movie game, even in battle.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Pedro

@omegamaster: So, the demo is misrepresenting the frequency of cutscenes and it is very different from the frequency found in Remake?

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 omegaMaster

@Pedro: Yes. The world of FF7 Rebirth is big. I feel this is Square-Enix's biggest main Final Fantasy production since the Squaresoft days. A lot of effort has been made on this game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Pedro

@omegamaster said:

@Pedro: Yes. The world of FF7 Rebirth is big. I feel this is Square-Enix's biggest main Final Fantasy production since the Squaresoft days. A lot of effort has been made on this game.

That is good to hear. I will give it a shot when they port it to PC.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 texasgoldrush

@omegamaster said:

Still, its a run of the mill production with a weak story that cheapens the original.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 omegaMaster

@texasgoldrush said:
@omegamaster said:

Still, its a run of the mill production with a weak story that cheapens the original.

I think we cannot compare Rebirth production and story with the PS1 original. Both games offer a different storyline and gameplay experience. It's still a quality game. Just look at metacritic.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 texasgoldrush

@omegamaster said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@omegamaster said:

I think we cannot compare Rebirth production and story with the PS1 original. Both games offer a different storyline and gameplay experience. It's still a quality game. Just look at metacritic.

Metacritic can be wrong. Look at Deathloop and how the critics liked the game far more than gamers did. Or MGSV, which was rated very highly by critics, but it is seen as disastrous to its franchise and helped lead to Konami's downfall.

And yes, you can compare the original and the remakes, as they take place in the same universe with the same characters. These games don't touch the original, and only in certain aspects is the remakes better.

They completely botched Aerith and Dyne's deaths and it will be known for it.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 texasgoldrush

Off the Japanese top 10. Now Nintendo evergreens are outselling it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Chutebox

@texasgoldrush said:

Off the Japanese top 10. Now Nintendo evergreens are outselling it.

Please keep us updated.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 texasgoldrush

The beatings continue, only did half as well as Remake.

https://www.eurogamer.net/final-fantasy-7-rebirth-is-underperforming-says-industry-analyst

Stellar Blade having more interest.

https://gameworldobserver.com/2024/04/11/stellar-blade-demo-690k-dau-doubled-ffvii-rebirth

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Jag85

FF7 Rebirth launched with an estimated 2.21M daily active users. This would indicate it sold between 2.5M and 3M in its launch period, in-line with my own estimate from earlier in the thread.