Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#102 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Nope. Wrong.

Homeworld is #1.

Now I must ban you all for disagreeing with me.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Because most SYSTEM WARS users are console gamers and they couldnt run PC games like Stalker or Half-life.

It would be fair poll if 50% were PC gamers, then 50% console gamers, or both PC and console owners, vote games, then it would be totally different. Asking this from console gamers and leaving PC behind and ignoring it makes this topic totally FAIL!!!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Because most SYSTEM WARS users are console gamers and they couldnt run PC games like Stalker or Half-life.

It would be fair poll if 50% were PC gamers, then 50% console gamers, or both PC and console owners, vote games, then it would be totally different. Asking this from console gamers and leaving PC behind and ignoring it makes this topic totally FAIL!!!

...shut up

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Gta and halo past ff and metal gear is a damn travesty!

Marduke1913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106 Marduke1913
Member since 2014 • 48 Posts

cant disagree with numero uno, but i would have liked to see FF bumped up a few spots, they have beena little lack luster as of late i guess though, i was not a fan of FFXIII

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I love this place!

They are so bad with coming up with Top 10s, it reminds me of IGN.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#108 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

@faizanhd said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@faizanhd said:

Half-Life only at 11 and Portal not in the top 20 ?

I hate you guys. I really do.

Half-Life will fade into obscurity in the future only mentioned as sequel memes. As shown by the list, the top 10 game franchises are those that get updated regularly.

When was the last time Metroid and MGS were updated again ?

Oh wait. Doesn't matter. It's the quality of the game and its influence. Not the age.

Metroid was 4 years ago. MGS had a title released this year. Age does matter in popularity contests. If it's old enough to have a generation of gamers that never experienced it, then it's old enough to not show up on a voting results list.

MGS had a "title". You mean demo. Peace Walker was released in 2010 lets count that.

Metroid Prime 3-2007(You are probably counting Other M, which would LOWER the popularity of the seires),

Half-Life 2: Episode 2- 2007

What you need for popularity contests is nostalgia. Which is why things like Mario, Zelda and Metal Gear are still called good series' unironically.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I never voted so can't complain... eh, wth I will anyway, #1 should be Halo. :P

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#110 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Pretty surprised Pokemon was only #9 on the list. My two other fav franchises were honorable mentions. Oh well. SMT is still my favorite in my heart.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@faizanhd said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@faizanhd said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@faizanhd said:

Half-Life will fade into obscurity in the future only mentioned as sequel memes. As shown by the list, the top 10 game franchises are those that get updated regularly.

Oh wait. Doesn't matter. It's the quality of the game and its influence. Not the age.

Metroid was 4 years ago. MGS had a title released this year. Age does matter in popularity contests. If it's old enough to have a generation of gamers that never experienced it, then it's old enough to not show up on a voting results list.

MGS had a "title". You mean demo. Peace Walker was released in 2010 lets count that.

Metroid Prime 3-2007(You are probably counting Other M, which would LOWER the popularity of the seires),

What you need for popularity contests is nostalgia. Which is why things like Mario, Zelda and Metal Gear are still called good series' unironically.

It doesn't matter if you think it's a demo or not, MGS has released collector's editions, and new titles consistently. Picking and choosing what game the public sees in a series is also skewing your post. MGS had a purchasable and playable title that got recognition and had people talking about the series earlier this year, a new one is supposedly releasing next year. Metroid had a purchasable and playable title that got recognition and had people talking about the series in 2010.

In reccent, years there has been a Half-Life spin off series (Portal) which may have stirred up discussion of half-life or may have taken the attention away from Half-life; however, the last time valve did something (disregarding the Black-Mesa mod) with the half-life brand seems to attract attention to the series seems to be in 2007 when The Orange Box released.

I'm not saying Half-Life isn't deserving of recognition. I'm saying if no one has played a game in the series, which is more and more likely to happen as time goes on, then it shouldn't show up in democratically elected forum popularity contests. If it does, then I think that's a problem with a video game community mentality of nostalgic word of mouth and hype with no actual experience, basically talking out of one's ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

@faizanhd said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@faizanhd said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@faizanhd said:

It doesn't matter if you think it's a demo or not, MGS has released collector's editions, and new titles consistently. Picking and choosing what game the public sees in a series is also skewing your post. MGS had a purchasable and playable title that got recognition and had people talking about the series earlier this year, a new one is supposedly releasing next year. Metroid had a purchasable and playable title that got recognition and had people talking about the series in 2010.

In reccent, years there has been a Half-Life spin off series (Portal) which may have stirred up discussion of half-life or may have taken the attention away from Half-life; however, the last time valve did something (disregarding the Black-Mesa mod) with the half-life brand seems to attract attention to the series seems to be in 2007 when The Orange Box released.

I'm not saying Half-Life isn't deserving of recognition. I'm saying if no one has played a game in the series, which is more and more likely to happen as time goes on, then it shouldn't show up in democratically elected forum popularity contests. If it does, then I think that's a problem with a video game community mentality of nostalgic word of mouth and hype with no actual experience, basically talking out of one's ass.

I get what you mean. But what I was trying to say is that why would age matter ? This is dominately a PC title. Doesn't matter what era you are in, the game is still playable due to backwards compatibility not being an issue. If people keep saying its a good game, the next generation will always find out.

I played Half-Life 2 when it came out. But didn't play the original until 2008 or so. AFTER I bought The Orange Box. Same case for many.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#113 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Dark Souls and Mass Effect don't deserve to be on the list, but I'm glad Metroid made it on there.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Seeing Pokemon on that list blew my mind. I believe more people would have mentioned Half Life and Portal if there were more games of the same quality in the series, but there isn't. Also, I must be the only person that despises GTA. It has become the same thing to me over and over.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

What list? Where's the list?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#117 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Comduter said:

What list? Where's the list?

... in the OP?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#118 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

I never voted so can't complain... eh, wth I will anyway, #1 should be Halo. :P

Smart Man!!!Halo should be number 1.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

That's a great list, overall, but Dark Souls and Mass Effect have nobusiness being in a Top 10 Franchises list. If this board wasn't composed of hipster, "hardcore" gamers, the Madden and Call of Duty franchises have more far more claim.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 bforrester420

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@Gue1 said:

this list from SW is very console centric, and not to mention very Nintendo/Japanese. What happened with them glorious PC games? But I gotta laugh at: "pure gameplay level, Metal Gear does stealth like absolutely nothing else". In a world where there is Thief, Deus Ex, Splinter Cell and Tenchu MGS' stealth is just... It's irrelevant.

Yea all these people that claim to be hermits to stealth troll or have only been gaming for a couple of years. No Civilization on there (I could argue many others) is nuts. Also have to agree about the stealth elements. Old school thief still stands like a juggernaut above the others IMO.

If it makes you feel any better, I put Civ in my top 3 and I've probably put more hours into that series than any other...save for maybe Grand Theft Auto. I played a ton of Vice City and San Andreas.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Minishdriveby

@faizanhd said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@faizanhd said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@faizanhd said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@faizanhd said:

I get what you mean. But what I was trying to say is that why would age matter ? This is dominately a PC title. Doesn't matter what era you are in, the game is still playable due to backwards compatibility not being an issue. If people keep saying its a good game, the next generation will always find out.

I played Half-Life 2 when it came out. But didn't play the original until 2008 or so. AFTER I bought The Orange Box. Same case for many.

I see what you mean as well; however, I'm a little skeptical about how many gamers in a succeeding generation go back to classics, like Half-Life or the original Fallout. I'm sure there are quite a few who do, I'm a anecdotal sample myself, but I'm not sure that's enough to make up a majority in a popularity contest.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Minishdriveby

@bforrester420 said:

That's a great list, overall, but Dark Souls and Mass Effect have nobusiness being in a Top 10 Franchises list. If this board wasn't composed of hipster, "hardcore" gamers, the Madden and Call of Duty franchises have more far more claim.

As someone who views Dark Souls as possibly their favorite game ever, I agree with your statement.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By bforrester420

@Minishdriveby said:

@bforrester420 said:

As someone who views Dark Souls as possibly their favorite game ever, I agree with your statement.

Yeah, I'm not trying to take anything away from DS or ME, they both have some great games, but neither franchise is very established. They've had 3 games in one console generation. Hardly what I would call a top franchise.

On top of Madden, which has been around forever and sold millions (85m according to wikipedia) of games, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, FIFA, and Gran Turismo have more business being on this list as well.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#124  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Dark Souls and Mass Effect don't deserve to be on the list, but I'm glad Metroid made it on there.

Exactly, the fact that they are there shows the sad state of modern gaming.

Mass Effect was one of the greatest games of Last Generation. The Fact many cried out on the horrible vanilla endings is testament to that. People expected more from Bioware and Bioware didn't deliver (they eventually did, but the damage had been done).

I think it deserves to be on the list. Dark Souls I want to say some what molded the new generation. Lots of Social features have been added to all 3 next gen systems and can be implemented in games just like how Dark Souls' soap stones would work. So it too I believe deserves to be on the list.

They both have a great standing in the gaming world despite being the newest franchise in the list with only 3 games to their name (well Mass Effect does have some others but we don't like mobile games).

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

Where is COD ?

:P

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#126  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
  1. Half Life (Changed FPS forever)
  2. The Elder Scrolls (Huge open world, lot of RPG elements)
  3. Civilization (One of the oldest and most successful)
  4. Warcraft (From story driven Warcraft to most famous MMO , Blizzard nailed it)
  5. Starcraft (Extremely well presented campaign + One of the most famous E-Sports MP)
  6. Warhammer 40k (Tons of games in the franchise . Lot of badass stuff)
  7. Megaman (Lot of games in the series and I loved every MM game I played . Great characters)
  8. Total War (One of the best and most addicting franchises ever made)
  9. Max Payne (The game that made me switch to PC and love video games even more)
  10. The Witcher (One of the best storylines ever created in a game . Perfect example of combining old school gameplay with modern presentation and storytelling)

Honorable Mentions :

DOOM , Command & Conquer , Metal Gear , The Thief , Street Fighter , Zelda , Mario , Mass Effect , Splinter Cell , Grand Theft Auto .

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Personally, i'd mix up the order, but it's seriously hard to argue with those results.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@Wasdie: You are going to have to ban everyone in this thread then.

Homeworld got 0 votes.