System Wars Lounge V.68 Blame it on Chaz Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#901  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

jrpgs have always been a synonym for shitty anime plot lines. Albeit shitty anime is redundant.

Too bad they are all nearly terrible in the gameplay department too, with the exception of a few like Shin Megami Tensei, Pokemon, Ys, Fire Emblem (**** Awakening and Birthright though), Final Fantasy Tactics, Sengoku Rance, Labyrinth of Touhou and Dark Souls.

But I may be very biased here, since I have a strong bias against jRPGs.

Edit: Incase I wasnt controversial enough in this post. I will also state I didnt like Chrono Trigger.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#902 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ChubbyGuy40 said:

Almost done with Fates Conquest. Whoever at IS/Nintendo that let this plot go through production needs to be fired. I went into it knowing it was going to be bad but I just got past ch 21 (was surprisingly easy) and this is a lot more stupid than I expected. Everything that attempts to pull emotional strings is done in such a terribly forced way. Character dialogue and supports are still good but damnit how could they **** up the plot this much?

I don't know, they were trying too hard to follow stupid high school drama's and cliche anime plotlines. As well as trying to force Azura as the standard Waifu..... One thing I only enjoyed is the challenging gameplay in Conquest, as it feels like what a Fire Emblem game should be. If they plan on making a new FE title, they need to get rid of the Waifu simulator as it's unneeded and try to rehire Shozou Kaga to refine the gameplay and story.

Sadly these "stupid high school drama's and cliche anime plotlines", is a plague that taints jRPGs (especially modern ones). So I would agree, getting rid of Waifu Simulator would probably be for the best. And while they are at it, they should go back to focusing on politics and whatnot, the dialogue there was at least more entertaining than this filler writing that seemingly only existed as an excuse to raise Support levels.

But it isnt just jRPGs where I want to see the cancer that is gaming romances purged. The same applies to pretty much any game out there. As far as I am concerned, the unholy trinity of trash for RPGs would be this:

1. Dumbing Down
  2. Relationship Management (Supports, Social Linking, FATE, Relationship meters, ect)
  3. Comprimising balance (Designing the game so that the player will never be at a disadvantage the devs didnt plan for)

I didnt like Super Mystery Dungeon because it was a good game, I liked it because it was an escape from the sorry state of the RPG genre atm. Reminded me of what I liked about the genre in the first place.

Seems like @Legend002 and @naughtyottsel have in infection with loving JRPG stories!

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#903  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Seems like @Legend002 and @naughtyottsel have in infection with loving JRPG stories!

Brah, have you seen Azura?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#904 FireEmblem_Man

@Legend002 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Brah, I've played Conquest and promoted her into a Falcon Knight! Her plot-line sucks! But I know she's your personal Waifu

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#905  Edited By Legend002

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Legend002 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Brah, I've played Conquest and promoted her into a Falcon Knight! Her plot-line sucks! But I know she's your personal Waifu

She's up there with Selkie and Caeldori, the elites.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#906 FireEmblem_Man

@Legend002 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Legend002 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

She's up there with Selkie and Caeldori, the elites.

I highly doubt you don't plan on playing Conquest or Revelations? She's far from an elite user! Soleil, Ophelia, Nyx, and Felicia are better.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#907 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Seems to be an issue with the youtube app on ps4, don't know about x1. Basically went to use app and I was signed out in the app, try to sign in and have to link accounts I follow the steps but it keeps looping me back to the first sign in step. Youtube website works fine, I've tried numerous fixes but none have worked. Anyone else having problems?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#908  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Just saw Superman VS batman movie.... TRULY AMAZING! 9/10 from me

loved every second of it

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#909  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@finalstar2007 said:

loved every second of it

You love terrible stories, like terrible JRPG stories and terrible games like Call of Duty, why am I not surprised that you love Batman vs Superman?

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#910 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Finalstar has always had poor taste. It doesn't surprise me he liked the movie. :P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#911 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@finalstar2007 said:

loved every second of it

You love terrible stories, like terrible JRPG stories and terrible games like Call of Duty, why am I not surprised that you love Batman vs Superman?

Oh noess!! someone who like stuff that you dont? cant be!

You sound butthurt bruh, stay that way plz!

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#912 Legend002

@FireEmblem_Man said:

I highly doubt you don't plan on playing Conquest or Revelations? She's far from an elite user! Soleil, Ophelia, Nyx, and Felicia are better.

Not sure if I'll ever finish Conquest because not being able to grind is a big no-no for me. I mean Conquest isn't even hard since I was able to get to chapter 17 without ever losing anyone though I just stopped.

I'm enjoying Rev quite a bit atm.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#913 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56253 Posts

@mmmwksil: @FireEmblem_Man: Well I sure as hell don't know about you guys, but I for one enjoy Batman/Superman movie and I'm with Finalstar on this one. But I won't deny that Batman/Superman had it's flaws however, this movie is no where near as bad as everyone is saying. It is disjointed, though. WB got greedy and squeezed two (at least) movies into one movie. We should have gotten Batman v Superman this year, and then gotten Batman/Superman: Dawn of Justice next year. Instead we got Batman v Superman with Dawn of Justice sprinkles. There were too many sprinkles, however, and it hurt the overall flavor. Fleshing out both halves over two full movies would have added the emotional weight that this film was lacking. I bet the extended cut will greatly benefit this experience once the home release comes out. I am very excited for the future of the Justice League which by the way will be release next year.

I'm also ready for Suicide Squad this summer.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#914 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

The new lounge should be dedicated to mocking Finalstar and his awful taste in entertainment.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#915 FireEmblem_Man

@Legend002 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Not sure if I'll ever finish Conquest because not being able to grind is a big no-no for me. I mean Conquest isn't even hard since I was able to get to chapter 17 without ever losing anyone though I just stopped.

Because Conquest is too hard for you? LOL, just download Boo Camp and you'll be able to grind you n00b

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#916 mmmwksil

@davillain-: Oh I just like poking fun at finalstar. To be honest I haven't seen the film and quite frankly don't want to.

@speedfreak48t5p said:

The new lounge should be dedicated to mocking Finalstar and his awful taste in entertainment.

Though I certainly can get behind this idea.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#917 FireEmblem_Man

@mmmwksil said:

@davillain-: Oh I just like poking fun at finalstar. To be honest I haven't seen the film and quite frankly don't want to.

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Though I certainly can get behind this idea.

Yep, my current Lounge was great! Teh memories.....

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#918  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

Is it really that time for a new lounge already? Boy time flies when your having fun.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#919 Legend002

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Legend002 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Because Conquest is too hard for you? LOL, just download Boo Camp and you'll be able to grind you n00b

Can you read? I just said Conquest was easy. It just isn't fun without the grinding because that's a huge part of customization. Fire Emblem was never a challenging series and that doesn't change here. *sigh* It's hard to have a conversation with someone like you when you can't even comprehend what was posted straight up.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#920 FireEmblem_Man

@Legend002 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Legend002 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Can you read? I just said Conquest was easy. It just isn't fun without the grinding because that's a huge part of customization. Fire Emblem was never a challenging series and that doesn't change here. *sigh* It's hard to have a conversation with someone like you when you can't even comprehend what was posted straight up.

I see that Fire Emblem Awakening was your first game? It's a lot challenging than you think. Wake me up until you played Thracia 776, and you will know what's challenging. I highly predict you'll rage quit on Chapter 4.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#921 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Never to discuss fighting games with NYA. VF, GG, and SF are apparently button masher friendly now lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#922 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It's been 28 months since Persona 5 was announced *sigh*

Never thought Final Fantasy 15 would end up releasing before Persona 5, but here we are.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#923 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Never to discuss fighting games with NYA. VF, GG, and SF are apparently button masher friendly now lol.

get better at fighting games you filthy casual

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#924 Legend002

@FireEmblem_Man: FE gba was my first.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#925 FireEmblem_Man

@charizard1605 said:

Never thought Final Fantasy 15 would end up releasing before Persona 5, but here we are.

No one cares :P

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#926 mmmwksil

@charizard1605: Take solace in the fact P5 will outclass FF15 in every way (save fakey photorealism).

And let's be real here, FF15 did spend nearly 10 years in development. If anything, it's about damn time it's released.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#927 FireEmblem_Man

@mmmwksil said:

@charizard1605: Take solace in the fact P5 will outclass FF15 in every way (save fakey photorealism).

And let's be real here, FF15 did spend nearly 10 years in development. If anything, it's about damn time it's released.

And the Witcher 3: Blood and Wine will outclass both :P

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#928 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

They're just spending extra time getting the PC versions ready.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#929 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

And it has been over 40 months since Mount and Blade 2 was first announced.

After this long of a wait, hype is declining.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#930 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Haven't got around to watch Batman v Superman yet. Is it better or worse than Man of Steel guys? :)

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#931 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

@Legend002 said:

I would've benched her a long time ago if her pair-up with Kaze didn't increase his already insane speed enough to perceive attoseconds. Pretty terrible unit tbh.

Arthur died assaulting Takumi's pathetic wall. Justice was met with Corn dragon fang critting his face. So far I've lost Niles, Silas, and now Arthur.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#932 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FireEmblem_Man said:

No one cares :P

Okay

@mmmwksil said:

Yeah, but see, when P5 used to get delayed, I used to tell myself 'at least I'll still get to play it before FF15 is out, right?' That no longer holds true :(

@beardmad said:

They're just spending extra time getting the PC versions ready.

I'd be happy if there was a PC version. More people deserve to play these games.

@Maroxad said:

And it has been over 40 months since Mount and Blade 2 was first announced.

After this long of a wait, hype is declining.

The one thing everybody should learn from Bethesda- hype cycles for games.

@indzman said:

Haven't got around to watch Batman v Superman yet. Is it better or worse than Man of Steel guys? :)

It's a terrible, terrible movie that is fun if you're into DC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#933 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Watching Batman v Superman really only made me miss Nolan's trilogy. Those were such great films. Yes, even Rises was good. Not as good as Batman Begins or The Dark Knight, but it's still good.

I don't think we'll ever get an interpretation of Batman as great ever again.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#934  Edited By mmmwksil

It's like they knew Young Link was OP in the Wii U version and therefore made him hard as hell to unlock in the 3DS version. But soon he will be mine, and then the game's difficulty will vanish in the blink of an eye. Muahahaha...

Edit: I know talking NX rumors is the only way to keep this board alive in the meantime, but man does it get tiresome. Then again, I never understood this fascination with a system's hardware specs. I just want to know what the games are going to be.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

And the Witcher 3: Blood and Wine will outclass both :P

I have never touched that series. Don't plan to, either.

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, but see, when P5 used to get delayed, I used to tell myself 'at least I'll still get to play it before FF15 is out, right?' That no longer holds true :(

So tell yourself something else. Or play something else until it releases so that you aren't so hurt waiting. That's what I do; game takes forever to release? I'll just find something else to occupy my time and mind so that before I know it, "Hey look, that game is only two weeks away! Alright!"

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#935 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@indzman said:

It's a terrible, terrible movie that is fun if you're into DC.

What a shame :(

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#936 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Damn, Kevin Smith just ripped BvS apart.

Slashkice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#937 Slashkice
Member since 2007 • 14192 Posts

Think I'm going to bail on Tropical Freeze. I like this dumb gorilla and I want to like his new games but I'm just not enjoying it. :[

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#938 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@charizard1605: you would like Rises

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#939 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Watching Batman v Superman really only made me miss Nolan's trilogy. Those were such great films. Yes, even Rises was good. Not as good as Batman Begins or The Dark Knight, but it's still good.

While I loved Nolans Bamtans films, they were crap and actually worse in terms of representation of comics than BvS. In BvS there's actually meta humans in that reality compared to Nolans which everyone was on a "human" playing field.

BvS shows the dark side of what DC can do like in their graphic novels or the animated films like Justice League War or Justice League The Flash Point Paradox which are just brutal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#940 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Slashkice said:

Think I'm going to bail on Tropical Freeze. I like this dumb gorilla and I want to like his new games but I'm just not enjoying it. :[

Nooo, keep playing! How much have you played?

@Ballroompirate said:
@charizard1605 said:

Nolans Bamtans films were crap and actually worse in terms of representation of comics than BvS.

No

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#941 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Oh my. Sooo...some stuff just happened lol

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#942 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Pikmin 3 arrived. Only missing Pikmin 1 and I'll have the trilogy in my collection.

Pikmin 2 was surprisingly fun and challenging. Despite the outdated graphics I think it's still an awesome looking game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#943  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@charizard1605 said:

What makes Bale so good then Ben? I honestly think that Ben nailed it with this brutal Batman version, Batman Kills in BvS, he tosses his morals out the window but some speculated that The Joker did something awful to Robin which I'm hoping to get some answers in Suicide Squad. Batman has killed in the past and even in the comics.

The only good thing about Nolan's Batman was the fact that he revamp what Batman is all about and if it wasn't for him, Batman would have never seen the light of day ever since Batman & Robin totally embarrass the Batman's name.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#944 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

So Steam gets Rogue Squadron 3D later than GOG (save it, pro-GOG'ers), but still no sign of Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike getting DD like the GC RE's did?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#945 DaVillain  Moderator

@nintendoboy16 said:

So Steam gets Rogue Squadron 3D later than GOG (save it, pro-GOG'ers), but still no sign of Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike getting DD like the GC RE's did?

That's what I was waiting for, Rogue Leader come to Steam but since I never got the chance to play Rebel Strike [I heard bad things about the game] I hope they include that as well. Ether way, I still own Rogue Squadron N64 and Rogue Leader on GC and even if those games don't come to Steam, I'll stick to what I have now.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#946 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Neither game had PC versions, Resident Evil Zero and REmake got actual ports years later by Capcom. Lucas Arts on the flip side isn't even around. This isn't even a touch up job, it's a pre-patched rerelease of the game. Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike would require someone at Disney to actually do a quick/lazy port, or at the least touch it up a bit for a rerelease, which if they went that route, it be a full on remaster.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#947 DaVillain  Moderator

@jg4xchamp said:

Neither game had PC versions, Resident Evil Zero and REmake got actual ports years later by Capcom. Lucas Arts on the flip side isn't even around. This isn't even a touch up job, it's a pre-patched rerelease of the game. Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike would require someone at Disney to actually do a quick/lazy port, or at the least touch it up a bit for a rerelease, which if they went that route, it be a full on remaster.

Giving the fact that Factor 5 isn't around anymore, I always assume they own the rights to the Rogue games and they were cool with Nintendo.

Slashkice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#948 Slashkice
Member since 2007 • 14192 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

Nooo, keep playing! How much have you played?

End of the second island. Yeah, I think I'm done with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#949  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@davillain- said:

What makes Bale so good then Ben? I honestly think that Ben nailed it with this brutal Batman version, Batman Kills in BvS, he tosses his morals out the window but some speculated that The Joker did something awful to Robin which I'm hoping to get some answers in Suicide Squad. Batman has killed in the past and even in the comics.

The only good thing about Nolan's Batman was the fact that he revamp what Batman is all about and if it wasn't for him, Batman would have never seen the light of day ever since Batman & Robin totally embarrass the Batman's name.

Pretty sure I didn't say anything about Christian Bale

@Slashkice said:

End of the second island. Yeah, I think I'm done with it.

Yeah, you gave it a fair shot...

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#950 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Burnout Revenge is wicked good fun