System Wars Lounge V.68 Blame it on Chaz Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#801 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@naughtyottsel said:

http://www1.cineworld.co.uk/films/captain-america-3d-triple-bill

Ordered my ticket to see this, can't wait.

Not at the price my local Odean is charging.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#802 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

So, I just got back from the first con for this year and... I met Grey Delisle! :D

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#803 clyde46

How the other half live.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#804  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#805 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

@clyde46 said:
@naughtyottsel said:

Only cost me a total of £1 due to my cineworld card.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#806 clyde46

@naughtyottsel said:
@clyde46 said:
@naughtyottsel said:

Last Cineworld I went to was the one at Milton Keynes. ****, that was a long time ago now.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#807 naughtyottsel

@clyde46 said:
@naughtyottsel said:
@clyde46 said:
@naughtyottsel said:

Last Cineworld I went to was the one at Milton Keynes. ****, that was a long time ago now.

Saw two films today, the amazing Zootropolis and the...........abysmal Batman v Superman.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#808 clyde46

@naughtyottsel said:
@clyde46 said:
@naughtyottsel said:
@clyde46 said:
@naughtyottsel said:

Saw two films today, the amazing Zootropolis and the...........abysmal Batman v Superman.

I'll wait for the Blu-ray of Zootroplis but is BMVSM really that bad? Seen mixed critic reviews but it had good viewer scores.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#809 naughtyottsel

@clyde46 said:
@naughtyottsel said:
@clyde46 said:
@naughtyottsel said:
@clyde46 said:

I'll wait for the Blu-ray of Zootroplis but is BMVSM really that bad? Seen mixed critic reviews but it had good viewer scores.

I thought it was as bad as the Fantastic Four reboot.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#810 clyde46

@naughtyottsel said:
@clyde46 said:
@naughtyottsel said:
@clyde46 said:
@naughtyottsel said:

I thought it was as bad as the Fantastic Four reboot.

Good lord!

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#811 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Hyrule Warriors Legends is actually as fun as the Wii U iteration.

Visuals took a hit. A rather hard one. But it plays smooth as hell on N3DS so I'm having an absolute blast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#812  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@mmmwksil: Still barely touched Fates, so I'm forcing myself to hold off. But for some reason I want to get it eventually. Maybe being on a handheld will help the tedium.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#813  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I, for one, am not surprised to hear that Batman v Superman is terrible. Told ya it was an idea only a fan would come up with.

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#814  Edited By deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

Man of Steel took more than just $15 from me. It robbed me of my humanity, as well as my faith in it.

Batman v. Superman, on the other hand....... was actually not that bad. I had the alcohol and pills ready for when it ended, but it wasn't the shit show that Man of Steel was. And maybe that's all it needed to be to satisfy me. I went in with such low expectations, the only way the movie could go was up. I mean you could write volumes on everything Man of Steel did wrong, though you'd never finish it. The depression would be too extreme long before they'd be completed.

I enjoyed Batman v. Superman for what it was though. It wasn't the best superhero movie, but it's not like any superhero movie is really all that good. They're all average movies packed with all the action and sex appeal necessary to get people into the seats. I could do entirely without the Superman portions of the movie which did constitute about 75% of it. Superman is a terrible hero.

I enjoyed the "no holds barred" approach to Batman in this movie even if it was Ben Affleck. He didn't give a crap who lived or died. Some of the hits were so satisfying.

The story could have been way more interesting, but I wouldn't want to hint at any spoilers.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#815 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

The script for Batman V Superman was abysmally bad. It's essentially a movie that was doomed from the start. Zach Synder being shitty did the movie no favors, but this film still would have been terrible in the hands of a good director.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#816 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Zassimick: I respect your opinion on the movie man I really do, but I can't take anyone seriously who says the script was bad in BvS. I'm not saying it was amazing but it's not even close to being the worse out there when it comes down to it like Green Lantern, the Thor movies, Captain America 1, Xmen 1-3, Phantom (I might be one of the few people who remembers this movie), Catwoman, Batman and Robin, Spider-Man 1-3, Ghost Rider 1 and 2, Superman Returns, Daredevil, the Wolverine movies.

Hopefully you see the point I'm trying to make when it comes down to bad scripts in comic movies cause BvS's script doesn't even come close to being as bad as those I listed. In fact the only two comic movies that actually wowed me script wise was Deadpool and Guardians.

Honestly the only cons I can agree with are Jess Eisenbergs Lex being one of the worst villains in a comic movie (kinda sad Kevin Spacey played a better Lex ) but I'm not gonna chalk that up as a bad script, his acting was ****. The other one I'd agree with is the first 40 min or so started off slow tell Diane, Clark and Bruce meet up at the party is when the movie picks up

Then you have Affleck as Batman, honestly I was one of those people on the hate train when it was announced he was gonna play my all time fav super hero. Now he's easily one of the best if not the best people to put on the cape. I mean hell him and Gal didn't have one bad moment in that movie...well he had one but it made me chuckle a little when he found out what Supermans mothers name was, which was the same as his moms which yes was cheesy but not as cheesy as say "run barry run" in The Flash series. Which personally i find it sucks that The Flash isn't gonna be played by Grant Gustin

BvS has it's issues, Eisenberg as a **** villain and a slow start are it's biggest issues. As someone who's literally seen every comic hero movie the past 15 years besides Avengers 2, BvS is not even close to being one of the worst.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#817 naughtyottsel

@Ballroompirate said:

@Zassimick: I respect your opinion on the movie man I really do, but I can't take anyone seriously who says the script was bad in BvS. I'm not saying it was amazing but it's not even close to being the worse out there when it comes down to it like Green Lantern, the Thor movies, Captain America 1, Xmen 1-3, Phantom (I might be one of the few people who remembers this movie), Catwoman, Batman and Robin, Spider-Man 1-3, Ghost Rider 1 and 2, Superman Returns, Daredevil, the Wolverine movies.

Hopefully you see the point I'm trying to make when it comes down to bad scripts in comic movies cause BvS's script doesn't even come close to being as bad as those I listed. In fact the only two comic movies that actually wowed me script wise was Deadpool and Guardians.

Honestly the only cons I can agree with are Jess Eisenbergs Lex being one of the worst villains in a comic movie (kinda sad Kevin Spacey played a better Lex ) but I'm not gonna chalk that up as a bad script, his acting was ****. The other one I'd agree with is the first 40 min or so started off slow tell Diane, Clark and Bruce meet up at the party is when the movie picks up

Then you have Affleck as Batman, honestly I was one of those people on the hate train when it was announced he was gonna play my all time fav super hero. Now he's easily one of the best if not the best people to put on the cape. I mean hell him and Gal didn't have one bad moment in that movie...well he had one but it made me chuckle a little when he found out what Supermans mothers name was, which was the same as his moms which yes was cheesy but not as cheesy as say "run barry run" in The Flash series. Which personally i find it sucks that The Flash isn't gonna be played by Grant Gustin

BvS has it's issues, Eisenberg as a **** villain and a slow start are it's biggest issues. As someone who's literally seen every comic hero movie the past 15 years besides Avengers 2, BvS is not even close to being one of the worst.

Sorry but I disagree, I've seen all the superhero films from Marvel and DC released in the past 15 years and I definitely think BvS is in the top 3 worst superhero films ever made.

Hell I find Batman and Robin more bearable.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#818 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

D-gray man returning after 8 years. What a joy. I remember finishing 20 episodes a day haha.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#819 A-new-Guardian

@93BlackHawk93: I don't think I need to spolier tag this but it was based on one of the DC animated shows,no? Something's just don't work as well and should be kept as they are. Like Death Note when it went live action. It was terrible.

I have no idea what's going on in the movie plot wise just FYI.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#820 naughtyottsel

@a-new-guardian said:

D-gray man returning after 8 years. What a joy. I remember finishing 20 episodes a day haha.

I had that with One Piece, I would finish whole arcs in a day.

Just got done waiting for Dressrosa to end so started it.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#821 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@Ballroompirate: But here's the thing: I never said it was one of the worst. I never said the movie was worse than Green Lantern, the Thor movies, Captain America 1, Xmen 1-3, Phantom, Catwoman, Batman and Robin, Spider-Man 1-3, Ghost Rider 1 and 2, Superman Returns, Daredevil, the Wolverine movies. Just because BvS is not even close to being as bad as most of those movies though doesn't mean that the script can't be bad. This isn't a compare with other movies thing for me: it is just not a good script.

@naughtyottsel said:

Sorry but I disagree, I've seen all the superhero films from Marvel and DC released in the past 15 years and I definitely think BvS is in the top 3 worst superhero films ever made. Hell I find Batman and Robin more bearable.

And I definitely would not say this. You're on your own there! :P It may not be in the top 10 favorite super hero movies for me (maybe if I give it more time to settle, and maybe if I don't include animated features) but there's a lot of crap in the superhero department that's worse. Just to name three easy ones, as they are ones I can't even go back to and rewatch regularly:

1. Catwoman
  2. Elektra
  3. Ghost Rider
naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#822 naughtyottsel

@Zassimick said:

@Ballroompirate: But here's the thing: I never said it was one of the worst. I never said the movie was worse than Green Lantern, the Thor movies, Captain America 1, Xmen 1-3, Phantom, Catwoman, Batman and Robin, Spider-Man 1-3, Ghost Rider 1 and 2, Superman Returns, Daredevil, the Wolverine movies. Just because BvS is not even close to being as bad as most of those movies though doesn't mean that the script can't be bad. This isn't a compare with other movies thing for me: it is just not a good script.

@naughtyottsel said:

Sorry but I disagree, I've seen all the superhero films from Marvel and DC released in the past 15 years and I definitely think BvS is in the top 3 worst superhero films ever made. Hell I find Batman and Robin more bearable.

And I definitely would not say this. You're on your own there! :P It may not be in the top 10 favorite super hero movies for me (maybe if I give it more time to settle, and maybe if I don't include animated features) but there's a lot of crap in the superhero department that's worse. Just to name three easy ones, as they are ones I can't even go back to and rewatch regularly:

1. Catwoman
  2. Elektra
  3. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider had Nicolas Cage, therefore it's not AS bad :P

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#823 A-new-Guardian

Wow dude that Walking Dead episode was fucked up. What carol had to go through and the scene before the last was so messed up walking by the zombies with that soundtrack playing. Amazing episode. Season 6 tops season 1 easily so far.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#824  Edited By A-new-Guardian

If you guys thought ghost raider 1 was bad then watch part 2. The worst marvel movie I have ever seen. Clearly lower budget two. It was just terrible. It makes part 1 look better in comparison or even X-men 3.

I have no memory of any DC movie this bad. Maybe superman lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#825 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

So did salt and sanctuary flew under everyone's radar?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#826 deactivated-583c85dc33d18

I don't know if Lex Luthor was a problem in BvS.

It more has to do with Jesse Eisenburg playing Jesse Eisenburg in the film... In fact, I'm not even sure if Lex Luthor was in the film. It was just a montage of Jesse Eisenburg variants.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#827 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@beardmad said:

It more has to do with Jesse Eisenburg playing Jesse Eisenburg in the film... In fact, I'm not even sure if Lex Luthor was in the film. It was just a montage of Jesse Eisenburg variants.

I thought it was lex jr.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#828  Edited By deactivated-583c85dc33d18

@Gamerno6666 said:
@beardmad said:

I thought it was lex jr.

It is. I have friends who haven't seen it who think he's supposed to be big daddy Lex, so I didn't want to spoil it for anyone even though it is meaningless.

For all intents and purposes, he's Lex Luthor. Even the trailer shows him without hair indicating in some way that he is taking over the role of his dad.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#829 mmmwksil

@darkspineslayer: See, I didn't find the Wii U version tedious at all because I played it with my bro the whole way through. Story, all adventure mode maps, etc. It was darn fun.

But compared to playing alone on Wii U? The 3DS version is much better. The ocarina to warp around the map, swapping playable characters on the fly and especially being able to order the NPC heroes to specific areas or to target specific enemies makes managing these large battles a million times easier. Sure, they still won't be as efficient as a human player, but simply having the computer intercept armies gives you breathing room you can't find on the Wii U.

And the more I play, the less the visuals bother me. It's clear there's far fewer effects going on (like explosions, flames, residual things here and there) but on the up side it does make it much easier to see the swarms of enemies.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#830 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

I have been playing some more Pokemon: Super Mystery Dungeon and it reminded me of what I find to be wrong with modern AAA RPGs.

So I entered a dungeon and the enemies were out of my league. First time I entered, I got my ass kicked. So naturally, I tried again.

Enemies would kill my party members in one or 2 hits, while taking significantly more effort to take down. So next time I entered the dungeon, I decided to play smart. Carefully positioning all my guys to the best of my ability, and making sure they wouldnt run into enemy line of fire and get themsevles killed. With careful usage of consumable items, wands, positioning, navigation, abilities and yes even equipment (especially non-combat equipment), I was able to get through the dungeon. Instead of rushing headlong into the dungeons like most modern RPGs would have me do, I entered the dungeon, planning my every move. Sneaking past patrols, picking my fights, waiting patiently for the opportune time to strike or ambush an enemy.

However, despite my victory. I still had my guys die several times. It was a costly victory and cost me several expensive resurrection items. But the reward and satisfaction for clearing something considerably above your league made this nonetheless very much worth it. Perhaps the most useful item was one I had underestimated earlier, an item which greatly improved the hearing of your chacter which allowed me to identify enemy patrols on the map.

Had this been a BioWare game or Bethesda game, I would never have been able to experience this. Simply because of how hellbent those game developers are to scale everything to your level, so you will never enter a scenario where you are outmatched.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#831  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

BioWares last game had strict level ranges per area/zone. Things that were higher than you were marked with a colour/skull and didnt scale.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#832 A-new-Guardian

@beardmad: Jesse eisenberg plays himself in every movie. Even in that Facebook or zombie land movie. I saw the animated movie he voiced in too and what do you know it's him lol. I like the actor but he is no Lex Luthor based on the trailers. He looked like a mini version of a psychopath hitman without the barcode. It's just not convincing or well interpreted by him.

His speech rate is 2x faster than I would like it to be. Yes it helps him appear and sound smarter especially in that Facebook movie. But he is like that even in interviews lol I'm not making fun of him. In fact I admire fast speakers who do it well like him, but sometimes you just have to slow down and take it all in and then perform.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#833 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

I just found some asshole on Artstation claiming he did the work "from scratch" on the work I did for Deadpool. I've never even met this guy. Then I went sorting through his portfolio and found a model I did for Farcry 3, again, him claiming that it's his.

Fucking fakers. Same shit happened with some Disney employee years ago. I did all the modeling/sculpting work on 4 models, my buddy textured them, then some **** face at Disney did some still renders and claimed all the work as his own. It's the equivalent of taking a picture of a sculpture and then saying you sculpted it.

I know I shouldn't care, but this shit makes me mad lol.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#835  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts
@illmatic87 said:

BioWares last game had strict level ranges per area/zone.

That is still level scaling. Not as bad as previous games, but still level scaling, in its ugly, unimmersive visage.

Edit: But it is best we stop this here. Before it gets toxic. I think the others would appriciate it too.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#836 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Saw Batman v Superman with friends, wow what a shitty movie. Snyder's take on Batman might actually be shittier than his take on Superman.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#837 ConanTheStoner

@getyeryayasout said:

@ConanTheStoner: Dicks. Would you feel better if I showed you the Hulk Hogan SDC photoshop I did? I even watermarked it with your name to cheer you up. :P

Haha.

Yeah, I only watermarked it because some dude tried pretending he came up with the "Sweenix Thread" panty shot that was going around. I thought **** this, no more! lol.

But yeah, one of my co-workers just hit the guy up on Facebook and basically called him a fraud in nicer words.

Anyways, about to go see the apparently shitty Supes vs. Bats movie. Laters!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#838 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

I'll talk about it later, but BvS was far, far from terrible.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#839 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Saw Batman v Superman with friends, wow what a shitty movie. Snyder's take on Batman might actually be shittier than his take on Superman.

hmmm, I've heard a grab bag of reaction, seen rotten tomatoes and Afleck sad meme, but still want to see it.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#840  Edited By Ballroompirate

@ConanTheStoner said:
@getyeryayasout said:

@ConanTheStoner: Dicks. Would you feel better if I showed you the Hulk Hogan SDC photoshop I did? I even watermarked it with your name to cheer you up. :P

Haha.

Yeah, I only watermarked it because some dude tried pretending he came up with the "Sweenix Thread" panty shot that was going around. I thought **** this, no more! lol.

But yeah, one of my co-workers just hit the guy up on Facebook and basically called him a fraud in nicer words.

Anyways, about to go see the apparently shitty Supes vs. Bats movie. Laters!

Best pic ever

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#841  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@Ballroompirate:

My greatest accomplishment bro. :P

That shit's gonna be engraved on my tombstone lol.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#842 Ballroompirate

@ConanTheStoner: I miss sweenix lol, was not afraid of being a perv XD

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#843 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56258 Posts

Just came here to say, Happy Easter everyone.

What am I'm gonna do today you ask? well.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#844 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

you have bad friends

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#845  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

You have my condolences.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#846 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56258 Posts

I won't lie, I actually like Batman/Superman movie way more so then Man of Steel only because Batman Killed a shitons of people and he tosses his morals out the window. This was the brutalist Batman I seen so far.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#847 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I saw the movie with friends and liked it. I'm completely ignorant about comic universes though. This is my favorite interpretation of Batman too.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#848 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts

@davillain- said:

Just came here to say, Happy Easter everyone.

What am I'm gonna do today you ask? well.

Well when you put it like that :P

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#849 mmmwksil

The fresh blood that is the Wind Waker in HWL is awesome. It's that little extra bit of variety that just makes it all seem new again. If only for another few minutes.

Also, the confirmation of Marin as DLC made me superbly happy last night. She is my absolute favorite Zelda series character and knowing she'll be in the game makes me happier than you can imagine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#850 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Don't see what was so terrible about Ben Affleck's Batman. If anything, it was better than I'd say all of the movie Batman portrayals. Christian Bale's Batman wasn't as dark in his personality, and I feel more sinister subject matter is better for comic book movies. It's much more interesting than yet another Avengers movie, where it's literally: "oh let's forget about any constructive character development other than hulk got the hots for black widow hngggg and then city get demolished and heroes do CGI action stuff and save the day." That isn't to say I don't enjoy movies like the Avengers, it's just we live in a world where somehow Batman v. Superman is abysmal and yet Age of Ultron and the constant iterations of Marvel flicks are somehow "amazing and fresh." Affleck's Batman was one that is more of what fans probably think of when they watch the Joker and other villains constantly cause mayhem and kill big characters, like seriously Batman just break your rule and kill these fools. Yet, it's much more than Batman finally killing the "bad guys." He's a broken Batman. Beginning from the tragic loss of his parents at such a young age. Affleck's Batman is like the Batman that actually wound up killing his parent's murderer in Batman Begins. This is also a Batman who has suffered the loss of Jason Todd's Robin, depicted when there was Robin's suit with "HAHAHA JOKES ON YOU BATMAN." That was a huge low-point for Batman, especially in the comic books. He felt like he failed Jason. Remember, he had been fighting for 20 years in this version, so he's seen a lot of crap, he has seen the fall of Harvey Dent, as referenced about the good guys turning bad in Gotham, and probably has seen how ineffective the justice system actually is in Gotham, i.e. villains breaking out every other day instead of being executed or serving life or what not. If anything, Snyder's darker tone towards Batman makes sense. His emotionless and cruel nature, especially towards Superman, makes sense.

One plus about this film is that it also gave a rationale for what happened in Man of Steel. The movie is clearly conscious of the fact that Metropolis and thousands were killed and that became a major plot point of why Superman is actually dangerous. A retrospect that makes sense. I don't get why people expect all superhero movies to be jolly happiness and a good time. Darker material makes for more complex and interesting story arches. The movie is by no means perfect, but people act like this movie is an abomination and despite my really low expectations I was pleasantly surprised.

Obviously there's more to discuss than that, but I definitely disagree with Batman being poorly done. He isn't awkward sounding like Bale was, who forced a gruffy voice, he has a dark past that pushed him over the edge that actually makes, (unfortunately, if you don't pick up the hints all it seems like he's depressed about is his dead parents, and it's much more than that, but I'll give it to that criticism of the parents being more of a focus as to why he turned cold) he shows concerns that the real Batman would have, (like research that involves killing all the members of the Justice League, which gives cause to Affleck's Batman for wanting to stop Superman as he is potentially very dangerous).