System Wars Lounge v49: Games Are Actually Coming Out!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@Blabadon said:

What's the best way to spend $100-150 on gaming? I'm thinking a 360.

Well you already have most relatively cheap systems that are still relevant. idk, I would buy some games with that.

word, Viva Pinata blab, do it.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@SolidTy said:

2014: Worst gaming year in a long time.

yep

2011 and 2013 was really good maybe we are paying the price, lel

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jg4xchamp

@-loljrpg- said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Hey champ. if you are a Fan of me. than there is another hardcore casual game coming out

hardcore is star citizen.

casual is no man sky. a colorful game create for console.

Agreee with someone said 2014 is worst year. it is. no good games and all dumbed down games like thief 4 and wolfenstien new order, mario kart 8 and more are coming like AC unity

The New Order is a better game than any game you've been hyping the last few years that isn't Shadow of Chernobyl.

Also I'm not doing a pitty thread for you, if I did Star Citizen vs No Man Sky, I'd make it more obnoxious.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@-spy- said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@-loljrpg- said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Hey champ. if you are a Fan of me. than there is another hardcore casual game coming out

Agreee with someone said 2014 is worst year. it is. no good games and all dumbed down games like thief 4 and wolfenstien new order, mario kart 8 and more are coming like AC unity

The New Order is a better game than any game you've been hyping the last few years that isn't Shadow of Chernobyl.

Also I'm not doing a pitty thread for you, if I did Star Citizen vs No Man Sky, I'd make it more obnoxious.

no its not champ. Shadow warrior was much better game. after i played new order i feel like "**** this shit, im going back to shadow warrior" that was true old school PC FPS

Wolf new order is dumbed down console shooter with iron sight, console wheel (its barbaric to see console wheel system on PC when selecting weapons), linear follow path cutscenes and on and on. a terrible game.

Doom 3 release decade ago and how that game was much better.

Champ, you also hate deus ex human revolution. why? that was amazing game too. not real deus ex 1 but still incredible game.

I guess my prediction became true 14 minutes later.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jg4xchamp

Doom 3 blows dong, haven't played Shadow Warrior though, want to.

Human Revolution? I hated the opening hour of that game, I got to this part where this stupid bitch was trying to explain to me the hacking in the game (this is after the intro, you know after you are on the chopper and asked to pick between a pistol and an assault rifle), and did it in the most obnoxious bullshit way possible. So I never bothered to go back. I might give it a try because Aljosa swears that game isn't hot garbage, but I don't feel like doing the opening stuff of the game again.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#59  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@-loljrpg- said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Are you saying SoC specifically because it's better than the other two? I mean I know Clear Sky is apparently not very good. But isn't Call of Pripyat an improvement? I've only played CoP, twice. I really love that game.

And regarding Human Revolution, it's definitely worth a try. It's been a year or 2 since I've played it, but I definitely remember that after investing augs in stealth the game really came together nicely. But if you don't invest everything in to stealth as soon as you can, you're kind of fucked. They claim you can play however you want, but jesus christ stealth is both more enjoyable and at least possible as opposed to the impossible "direct approach".

But seriously, it has excellent level design. The bosses are obviously terrible, but I hear they changed that in Directer's cut. Good game, but it takes a while to pick up in pace.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By parkurtommo

God Cosmos (the recent remake) really sucks. It has cool special effects, but it's all so fucking whimsical and everything is presented as if you were hearing it for the first time. Not to mention the constant "You shouldn't believe in god, because this and this". way to be as blatantly alienating and condescending as you could possibly be. I mean even for a nihilist this shit is fucking bothersome. You shouldn't be bringing a SLIVER of theism in to the discussion. If it's about science, fucking talk about science. Don't bring up the fucking Vatican and all that bullcrap.

Why can't they just present you with cold facts and let the viewer make the conclusions for themselves?

Ah who am I kidding, Seth MacFarlane was involved, so that automatically implies a blatantly obvious anti-theism agenda. (And again, I'm not religious myself, I just find that shit to be fucking intrusive)

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#61 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

you guys need more Diablo 3 =P

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bioshock-infinite-complete-edition-appears-for-xbo/1100-6422481/

i knew it was gonna happen.

They should so put it on PS4 and Xbone.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

Shadow of mordor next week.

I wish i could get it but i'd be so busy i wouldnt have time to play it so gonna wait when im free and for it to go down in price.

Im wondering if I should get that or Wasteland 2.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

WTF.... I forgot my Dobzilian password details and remembered my old account details on this account DibDibDobDobo.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Anyone know when the GTX 970 is going to be more common in Europe? I can find a few models on German Amazon but it costs like 340-400€. Would really want to get it down to at least 300€

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 jg4xchamp

Mems, I hate Dan Rykert on giant bomb. His bullshit got me into watching WWF stuff ;_;

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

-----------------------------------
SNIPER MODE: ENGAGE
(Also spoilers, but they're so obvious (and they're at the beginning) that I'm not gonna bother using tags)
-----------------------------------

Y'know what was wrong with Human Revolution's intro? The romance. In the grand scheme of things, Adam and Megan's relationship is insignificant, yet the writers felt a need to have a woman you know for all of three minutes kidnapped and vanish for much of the game, assuming you're gonna give enough of a damn about her to go through the next x hours until then. Then the scenario designers thought "Hey, we could fit a tutorial during the kidnapping", forgetting they already made a much more complete tutorial mission set up for later, dragging out the intro for longer than necessary and insulting the player's intelligence by giving them too many tutorials.

Oh, there's also story bits laid out in the very first room of the game (Gee, I wonder who Patient X is?) that spoil later plot developments if you spend even three seconds looking for them. Take them out and the game'd be much more consistent in its plot development. Maybe if Adam and Megan weren't bf/gf, maybe they wouldn't be in that room. Alternatively, if the writers were competent, they would've written Megan to be a little more concerned about her privacy but let's pin this on romance because that's the SNIPER way.

You should still suffer through the intro though, if only because you can then visit Detroit proper.

----------------------------------------
SNIPER MODE: DISENGAGE
----------------------------------------

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

Shadow of mordor next week.

I wish i could get it but i'd be so busy i wouldnt have time to play it so gonna wait when im free and for it to go down in price.

Im wondering if I should get that or Wasteland 2.

Obviously STALKER or Deus Ex, both ar FPS massterpeces adn LOTR is trash

...Whoops wrong account

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp said:

Mems, I hate Dan Rykert on giant bomb. His bullshit got me into watching WWF stuff ;_;

Wait, you didn't watch WWE stuff before? Like even the Attitude era?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jg4xchamp

@parkurtommo said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Are you saying SoC specifically because it's better than the other two? I mean I know Clear Sky is apparently not very good. But isn't Call of Pripyat an improvement? I've only played CoP, twice. I really love that game.

And regarding Human Revolution, it's definitely worth a try. It's been a year or 2 since I've played it, but I definitely remember that after investing augs in stealth the game really came together nicely. But if you don't invest everything in to stealth as soon as you can, you're kind of fucked. They claim you can play however you want, but jesus christ stealth is both more enjoyable and at least possible as opposed to the impossible "direct approach".

But seriously, it has excellent level design. The bosses are obviously terrible, but I hear they changed that in Directer's cut. Good game, but it takes a while to pick up in pace.

Shadow of Chernobyl is definitely my favorite of the bunch yes. I think Call of Pripyat bunks the atmosphere a bit to tell more of a story, where as Shadow of Chernobyl was as little of a shitty video game story as possible so it wouldn't compromise the atmosphere. Plus I think they made decisions that loosen the game up, and in this situation I'm a fan of the rougher edges. Pripyat's legit, Clear Sky should be launched into space.

I will eventually go back to HR, I was just, that game came after

-FF13
-Mafia 2
-Halo Reach (I dislike this campaign)

And at that point I was very much if I get something I'm not liking, I'm not wasting my time to actually try to finish it for the sake of "getting my money's worth', because I value my time more than anything. And the ridiculous way that game does tutorials pisses me off to no end. It is beyond comprehension how they got away with a tutorial that thinks the player is that fucking stupid. Not only does it show the prompts, but it stops the action so you can see a cutscene of what you need to do, to teach you the most basic of shit. Was hoping that shit stopped once I was in the first mission as augmented douchewagon, but then she did that bullshit with the hacking, and I said **** that noise.

Played Catherine instead, and had a way better time.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday!

Loading Video...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jg4xchamp

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

I did, I stopped around I don't know, John Cena becoming a thing I guess. I saw the Benoit Wrestlemania, didn't watch another Wresltemania till 23, and then saw another one again when Taker and HBK had their awesome ass match. And then I just straight never touched it. This asshole got me to try WWF network, all those old ass PPVs, shit is like nostalgia city, actually watched Night of Champions last night, most of the matches were good...fucking hate Dan.

Also come on, I'm refusing to call it anything other than the WWF, of course I watched the older eras.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mems_1224

@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

I did, I stopped around I don't know, John Cena becoming a thing I guess. I saw the Benoit Wrestlemania, didn't watch another Wresltemania till 23, and then saw another one again when Taker and HBK had their awesome ass match. And then I just straight never touched it. This asshole got me to try WWF network, all those old ass PPVs, shit is like nostalgia city, actually watched Night of Champions last night, most of the matches were good...fucking hate Dan.

Also come on, I'm refusing to call it anything other than the WWF, of course I watched the older eras.

I think I stopped a while after Wrestlemania 17. After seeing Stone Cold betray all of us live in the Astrodome I couldn't handle it. Also, it got really shitty soon after that because he was a terrible heel. I need to check out their streaming service.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jg4xchamp

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

I think I stopped a while after Wrestlemania 17. After seeing Stone Cold betray all of us live in the Astrodome I couldn't handle it. Also, it got really shitty soon after that because he was a terrible heel. I need to check out their streaming service.

everybody says he was a terrible heel, but he was so fucking funny with that to me. Him and Kurt Angle (who is disgustingly underappreciated for that time) were too fucking funny when they were buddy buddy with Vince. But yeah now I guess I care less for the plots, because it all feels like, Oh i remember this exact same storyline when they did it with x and y. But the matches are kind of solid, some them got great spots.

This Dean Ambrose dude is hype as ****.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mems_1224

what the motherfuck just happened to the steam storefront?

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

what the motherfuck just happened to the steam storefront?

Blue happened. I like the new features, but there's just way too much blue all over the place. :/

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Oh for those who don't know, tropico 3 is free on the humble bundle store for the next 15hours . Also I think its the end of their summer sale

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@lostrib said:

Oh for those who don't know, tropico 3 is free on the humble bundle store for the next 15hours . Also I think its the end of their summer sale

I created a thread about it earlier on the PC board. They've been giving away a game each week for a while now.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@harry_james_pot: yeah I got the previous ones. Didn't realize this was the end/encore sale day

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#81  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Ok i didnt think i would end up doing this too but argh farming in this area is pretty addictive lol

for those who want easy farming spots in Destiny :P

Loading Video...

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22726 Posts

Check this find out... My old collection. I had sick taste in gaming back in the day... lol, Swords and Serpents, Astyanax, Karnov... So many great carts. The kids and I are gonna frame the gold Zeldas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

The bitch about prerelease games in nobody is online.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By R3FURBISHED

@finalstar2007 said:

Ok i didnt think i would end up doing this too but argh farming in this area is pretty addictive lol

for those who want easy farming spots in Destiny :P

I do mine on the Moon in the mission The Dark Beyond

Netted 2,000 kills the past two days, but have yet to see a Legendary Engram however.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Its fucking chaos there.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 R3FURBISHED

Saw this today during Monday Night Football:

Loading Video...

JRPGLOL-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#89 JRPGLOL-
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

everybody says he was a terrible heel, but he was so fucking funny with that to me. Him and Kurt Angle (who is disgustingly underappreciated for that time) were too fucking funny when they were buddy buddy with Vince. But yeah now I guess I care less for the plots, because it all feels like, Oh i remember this exact same storyline when they did it with x and y. But the matches are kind of solid, some them got great spots.

This Dean Ambrose dude is hype as ****.

lol WWF wrestling. its trying too hard to be badass but failed. i mean look at its audience kids and girls.

anyway champ try deus ex HR. its masterpiece

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

So uhh. Ever since the site change I thought sigs were just gone. Just now realized that's not the case at all.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 parkurtommo

@jg4xchamp said:

@parkurtommo said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Shadow of Chernobyl is definitely my favorite of the bunch yes. I think Call of Pripyat bunks the atmosphere a bit to tell more of a story, where as Shadow of Chernobyl was as little of a shitty video game story as possible so it wouldn't compromise the atmosphere. Plus I think they made decisions that loosen the game up, and in this situation I'm a fan of the rougher edges. Pripyat's legit, Clear Sky should be launched into space.

I will eventually go back to HR, I was just, that game came after

-FF13

-Mafia 2

-Halo Reach (I dislike this campaign)

And at that point I was very much if I get something I'm not liking, I'm not wasting my time to actually try to finish it for the sake of "getting my money's worth', because I value my time more than anything. And the ridiculous way that game does tutorials pisses me off to no end. It is beyond comprehension how they got away with a tutorial that thinks the player is that fucking stupid. Not only does it show the prompts, but it stops the action so you can see a cutscene of what you need to do, to teach you the most basic of shit. Was hoping that shit stopped once I was in the first mission as augmented douchewagon, but then she did that bullshit with the hacking, and I said **** that noise.

Played Catherine instead, and had a way better time.

Hmm I don't even remember the tutorials... Then again I can't remember much about HR in general.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#93 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Its fucking chaos there.

what the hell happened??

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 clyde46

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@clyde46 said:

Its fucking chaos there.

what the hell happened??

That is a pallet network centre.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 parkurtommo

Awyis, ordering a gigabyte gtx 970 4gb today!!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 clyde46

@parkurtommo said:

Awyis, ordering a gigabyte gtx 970 4gb today!!

I gotta wait till next month before I can my stuff D:

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#97 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

You know, I'm becoming more and more disillusioned with the console wars because honestly, what is even the difference between the Xbone and PS4 at this point? Outside of them fighting over exclusive DLC, the actually exclusive games is becoming fewer and far in-between.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 clyde46

@Lionheart08 said:

You know, I'm becoming more and more disillusioned with the console wars because honestly, what is even the difference between the Xbone and PS4 at this point? Outside of them fighting over exclusive DLC, the actually exclusive games is becoming fewer and far in-between.

I think SW has made it worse. It used to be fun arguing but no its just lame and boring because all people do is scream "Your butthurt" and "You're having a meltdown" at each other.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 parkurtommo

@Lionheart08 said:

Although I would personally chose a PS4 over the xbone any day of the week (if I had to buy a console, as opposed to upgrading my PC), yes, the differences are negligible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/fifa-15-review/1900-6415879/

Anyone else getting it today? PS4 version for me.