System Wars Lounge v49: Games Are Actually Coming Out!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

@clyde46:

That freakin thing looks badass, is that a flux capacitor I see. hehe. Seriously looks awesome.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#202 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts
Loading Video...

I never thought ABBA and Van Halen would go so well together.

holonic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#203 holonic-
Member since 2014 • 99 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic: Good call on that one. Be sure to do something like that on OT.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@finalstar2007:

You've just got shitty luck, much like myself. I get jack shit when it comes to good loot.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#205  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

So my brother got me an interview to be a security guard. Sounds boring as **** but holy shit I need some income.

Aren't you working? If not, then hell yeah, go for it. Easy work for pay... All day long lol.

Must be boring as hell. And when it's not boring, that's probably because shit is going down... lol.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

No, haven't worked since my back surgery two years ago

I forgot all about that. How's your back now?

Its alright. Still have nerve damage in my lower body but Im down to just one medication instead of 3.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 mems_1224

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! TRAILER OF THE YEAR!

Loading Video...

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@mems_1224: glad to hear you're feeling better mate!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#209 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Really proud of what India's achieved with its Mars mission. It's a staggering achievement, and another feather in the cap for India's space program. It feels nice to be unqualifiedly positive for once, but I am so proud to be Indian. Also, it fills me with so much optimism about the future of space research to see so many nations taking it seriously.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Really proud of what India's achieved with its Mars mission. It's a staggering achievement, and another feather in the cap for India's space program. It feels nice to be unqualifiedly positive for once, but I am so proud to be Indian. Also, it fills me with so much optimism about the future of space research to see so many nations taking it seriously.

I reckon, the more resources we use here on Earth, the more funding and research will go into space flight. We need those resources.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

I reckon, the more resources we use here on Earth, the more funding and research will go into space flight. We need those resources.

The problem is, earth's resources have a hard limit anyway, and we're gonna end up using them all up. Space might have more of them for us to use, more carbon, more metals, more materials that could replace our dependance on fossil fuels. So you should think of this as an investment- you have $30, you can choose to spend all of it in the here and now on food to feed yourself, but get no security for the future, or you can choose to invest $5 of those and get some security for the future, while feeding yourself a little less with the $25.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 clyde46

@charizard1605 said:

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

The problem is, earth's resources have a hard limit anyway, and we're gonna end up using them all up. Space might have more of them for us to use, more carbon, more metals, more materials that could replace our dependance on fossil fuels. So you should think of this as an investment- you have $30, you can choose to spend all of it in the here and now on food to feed yourself, but get no security for the future, or you can choose to invest $5 of those and get some security for the future, while feeding yourself a little less with the $25.

Thats what I meant. Earths resources are finite, they will deplete. Space does have more, hell they are thinking of mining asteroids for resources. Those big fossil fuel companies are going to want to keep making money so they will pour billions into space research if it gives them access to the resources that are floating around in space. Could you imagine a company like Saudi Aramco which makes $1 billion a day in reveuene getting exclusive access to resources in space?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Thats what I meant. Earths resources are finite, they will deplete. Space does have more, hell they are thinking of mining asteroids for resources. Those big fossil fuel companies are going to want to keep making money so they will pour billions into space research if it gives them access to the resources that are floating around in space. Could you imagine a company like Saudi Aramco which makes $1 billion a day in reveuene getting exclusive access to resources in space?

Ah, okay, I misunderstood your post, I figured you were making the opposite argument.

And urgh, that would be bad. While I think privatization and free market competition is ultimately necessary for the space race to speed up, if we started claiming territorial or resource exclusivity in space, it could all go downhill fast.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 clyde46

@charizard1605 said:

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Ah, okay, I misunderstood your post, I figured you were making the opposite argument.

And urgh, that would be bad. While I think privatization and free market competition is ultimately necessary for the space race to speed up, if we started claiming territorial or resource exclusivity in space, it could all go downhill fast.

I think we still a long way off that as space flight is still very dangerous and really inefficient, and thats only talking about getting off the Earth and out of the atmosphere. There is still the logistical nightmare of getting the equipment up there, doing the actual mining and then getting it back down to earth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

I think we still a long way off that as space flight is still very dangerous and really inefficient, and thats only talking about getting off the Earth and out of the atmosphere. There is still the logistical nightmare of getting the equipment up there, doing the actual mining and then getting it back down to earth.

Yep. First we need to, I don't know, have a space station that can house more than like three people at a time :p

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 clyde46

@charizard1605 said:

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@clyde46 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yep. First we need to, I don't know, have a space station that can house more than like three people at a time :p

The ISS is more of a giant international experiment. Scientists are using the data gathered to study multiple things, like how plants live in zero G, how humans adapt to a zero G environment etc. Its building the foundations for the next jump in space tech. That being said, the ISS is actually quite spacious. Go look up the Mir Space Station if you want to see cramped living conditions.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 mems_1224

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@mems_1224: glad to hear you're feeling better mate!

thanks!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By clyde46
Loading Video...

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@clyde46: lol loved that, except for the awful awful cat shirt and i esp loved the Chobot bits :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#221 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

But for India, isn't that same craft good for like, 32 people?

/casualrasism

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#222 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

lol I was still able to recite that Busta verse in 0:50 of that trailer.

Not sure if videogame or real life.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

What the **** is with the quote system?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#224  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

@lostrib said:

I think there is a bug with it right now.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#225 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@kitty: when it starts it makes a loud rumble noise and won't boot up, so it's ether a cpu or hdd issue but I won't know tell my friend looks at it which won't be tell next week. I guess that's pc gaming at its finest lol :p

Hopefully it's just a faulty hdd cause $80 for a 2tb hdd won't kill me but the cpu will probably make me cry if that's the issue.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 mems_1224

@illmatic87 said:

@mems_1224 said:

lol I was still able to recite that Busta verse in 0:50 of that trailer.

Not sure if videogame or real life.

that song has one of my favorite hip hop quotes

Im all that and then some, short, dark and handsome
bust a nut inside your eye to show you where I come from

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#227 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty: when it starts it makes a loud rumble noise and won't boot up, so it's ether a cpu or hdd issue but I won't know tell my friend looks at it which won't be tell next week. I guess that's pc gaming at its finest lol :p

Hopefully it's just a faulty hdd cause $80 for a 2tb hdd won't kill me but the cpu will probably make me cry if that's the issue.

Sounds weird. Never heard of a cpu doing that. An hdd possibly can due to it having moving parts. Well you can't damage it any further. I would tell you to try and unplug both cables from the hdd and try to boot it then. But maybe best to wait. Are you using your old computer? :o

Yeah, lets hope. Sucks that you are already having trouble so soon. :/

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@BRP

if it is the cpu cooler, that could be pretty cheap to replace. i'd turn it on and watch it, listen to it. can you isolate where the noise is coming from?

while it's booting you could even stick your finger in the CPU fan (be tough) to deliberately stop it spinning. while it's not rotating does the noise stop completely? maybe a different fan is responsible.

if it's broken now how much worse could you make it? IDK. i'd encourage you to have a crack at it. imagine if you fixed it brah, you'd feel pretty damn confident.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By mems_1224

Derek Jeter, holy shit!!!!!!!!!!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#230 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Derek Jeter is magic ;_;

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp said:

Derek Jeter is magic ;_;

I can't even imagine the MLB without him. The last time I was this bummed about a player retiring was Biggio.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! TRAILER OF THE YEAR!

Loading Video...

Not even.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#233 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@CrownKingArthur: I'll check in the morning, the sad thing is I just got the computer in April :( so hopefully it's just a faulty fan or hdd.

@kitty actually my old computer got thrown out XD it was unusable with old/blown parts .

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 clyde46

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-gtx-titan-x-coming/

I guess waiting was a good idea.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 LegatoSkyheart
@clyde46 said:

It'll be a $2000 gpu.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#236 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9479 Posts

Yay, another thread that is basically every thread in one...

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 LegatoSkyheart

@WitIsWisdom said:

Yay, another thread that is basically every thread in one...

It's a ball of Yarn!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@clyde46 said:

It'll be a $2000 gpu.

Over 3 fiddy!

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#240  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#241  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

And Bungie have officially ruined Destiny, i mean the only good thing about the game was the gameplay and now even that was ruined.. the new patch just removed the whole thing about the loot cave, Queens Wrath missions which give legendary equipments at the end dont give shards anymore and public events stopped giving energy shards... great! and here i thought i was going to like bungie with destiny but nope they just proved they are just bad.

Real-gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Real-gamer1
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

And Bungie have officially ruined Destiny,

OMG.. Finalstar you cutie pie. long time no see. and ofcourse destiny fail because its Halo DLC. logic?

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#243 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Awwww yiss, more Parks and Rec on Netflix.

Avatar image for realreal-gamer1
Realreal-gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Realreal-gamer1
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts
@sukraj said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

@sukraj said:

less than 3 weeks for The Evil Within It's been a while since I last played a survival horror game.

Same here brother. very excited for this game.

It's a mix of REmake + Last Of Us + Siren.

yeah I hope the reviews are good.

i thought i had adblock on?? why are ads in comment sections now???

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 lostrib

@realreal-gamer1 said:
@sukraj said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

@sukraj said:

less than 3 weeks for The Evil Within It's been a while since I last played a survival horror game.

Same here brother. very excited for this game.

It's a mix of REmake + Last Of Us + Siren.

yeah I hope the reviews are good.

i thought i had adblock on?? why are ads in comment sections now???

Because you touch yourself at night

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 lostrib

@charizard1605 why did you lock the Shadow of Mordor Graphics thread that was created first rather than the one created second?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 why did you lock the Shadow of Mordor Graphics thread that was created first rather than the one created second?

It was created nine minutes later, right?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 lostrib

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

I blame GS's stupid new time stamp system.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

I blame GS's stupid new time stamp system.

Yeah, I messed up...

That said, it's fixed now! :D