System Wars Lounge v44- Baseball is Back Edition!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5556 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Just came back from seeing Captain America.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Ranks among the all time greatest superhero movies.

Dark Knight's better. B)

#102 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27787 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@blue_hazy_basic you had a baby? Congrats! My buddy had his first a couple of days ago... He managed to get out for a quick beer today :P

Cheers! I have 8 of these babies sitting in my fridge. Only available in April, you have to pre-order to get any because quantities are so limited and at $20 a 4 pack they aren't cheap, #5 on beer advocate's top beers. Roll on this evening!

#103 Posted by clyde46 (46326 posts) -

Congrazt Hazy!

#104 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27787 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Congrazt Hazy!

Cheers matey, hows things?

#105 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26755 posts) -

Congrats on your child, Hazy.

#106 Posted by clyde46 (46326 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

Congrazt Hazy!

Cheers matey, hows things?

Booked my theory test :D

#107 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27787 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

Congrazt Hazy!

Cheers matey, hows things?

Booked my theory test :D

For?

#108 Posted by kitty (114743 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

@kitty said:

a kitty has appeared*

*looks at you suspiciously*

Hmmm.. something is different...

You see nothing *hides*

#109 Posted by clyde46 (46326 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

Congrazt Hazy!

Cheers matey, hows things?

Booked my theory test :D

For?

Driving trucks.

#110 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21727 posts) -

Shinobi ps2 is amazing and also difficult, i didn't finish it on the ps2 so now i bought it from psn to finish it, the dash/fast teleport move is so friggen cool, excellent gameplay.

Game is also very difficult but fair.

Also played lots of DS2, helping people with bosses such as the spider and the rotten. kicking some ass in PVP as well.

I like this game alot more than DS1.

#111 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27787 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Driving trucks.

Nice. You got your egg stained tank top ready? :P

#112 Posted by clyde46 (46326 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

Driving trucks.

Nice. You got your egg stained tank top ready? :P

Change gear, rape a prostitute, change gear, rape and a prostitute.

#113 Posted by AdobeArtist (22900 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Just came back from seeing Captain America.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Ranks among the all time greatest superhero movies.

Dark Knight's better. B)

Hell fucking yeah!! Nothing tops the Dark Knight!! :D

#114 Posted by mems_1224 (47166 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

Driving trucks.

Nice. You got your egg stained tank top ready? :P

Change gear, rape a prostitute, change gear, rape and a prostitute.

Man, you're living the American dream!

#115 Edited by lundy86_4 (43438 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@blue_hazy_basic you had a baby? Congrats! My buddy had his first a couple of days ago... He managed to get out for a quick beer today :P

Cheers! I have 8 of these babies sitting in my fridge. Only available in April, you have to pre-order to get any because quantities are so limited and at $20 a 4 pack they aren't cheap, #5 on beer advocate's top beers. Roll on this evening!

That looks amazing. $20 a four pack is not cheap... Ouch.

#116 Edited by mems_1224 (47166 posts) -

Just beat Arkham Origins. The story was pretty good.

#117 Posted by darkspineslayer (19712 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Just beat Arkham Origins. The story was pretty good.

I thought it was kind of undermined by being a prequel. Good all the same, but lost some of the impact it would have otherwise had.

#118 Posted by mems_1224 (47166 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

@mems_1224 said:

Just beat Arkham Origins. The story was pretty good.

I thought it was kind of undermined by being a prequel. Good all the same, but lost some of the impact it would have otherwise had.

Well, the shock gloves completely break the combat. I almost never used them. I thought it was cool that it was a prequel but the assassins were built up to be this focal point of the game and they were probably the most boring parts other than Bane.

#119 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11861 posts) -

Yeah, Winter Soldier was the balls.

Unlike Iron Man 3 which was balls >___>

#120 Posted by darkspineslayer (19712 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

@mems_1224 said:

Just beat Arkham Origins. The story was pretty good.

I thought it was kind of undermined by being a prequel. Good all the same, but lost some of the impact it would have otherwise had.

Well, the shock gloves completely break the combat. I almost never used them. I thought it was cool that it was a prequel but the assassins were built up to be this focal point of the game and they were probably the most boring parts other than Bane.

It could have been so much more if they didn't decide to turn it into just another Joker game. He's not the only interesting villain in the batman mythos, the assassins and Black Mask could have carried a game, but they were pushed to the side.

#121 Posted by mems_1224 (47166 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

@mems_1224 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

@mems_1224 said:

Just beat Arkham Origins. The story was pretty good.

I thought it was kind of undermined by being a prequel. Good all the same, but lost some of the impact it would have otherwise had.

Well, the shock gloves completely break the combat. I almost never used them. I thought it was cool that it was a prequel but the assassins were built up to be this focal point of the game and they were probably the most boring parts other than Bane.

It could have been so much more if they didn't decide to turn it into just another Joker game. He's not the only interesting villain in the batman mythos, the assassins and Black Mask could have carried a game, but they were pushed to the side.

Idk, I thought Joker made the game interesting. The story was kinda lame until his reveal. Troy Baker did a pretty awesome job as the Joker.

#122 Posted by darkspineslayer (19712 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

@mems_1224 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

@mems_1224 said:

Just beat Arkham Origins. The story was pretty good.

I thought it was kind of undermined by being a prequel. Good all the same, but lost some of the impact it would have otherwise had.

Well, the shock gloves completely break the combat. I almost never used them. I thought it was cool that it was a prequel but the assassins were built up to be this focal point of the game and they were probably the most boring parts other than Bane.

It could have been so much more if they didn't decide to turn it into just another Joker game. He's not the only interesting villain in the batman mythos, the assassins and Black Mask could have carried a game, but they were pushed to the side.

Idk, I thought Joker made the game interesting. The story was kinda lame until his reveal. Troy Baker did a pretty awesome job as the Joker.

He's a damn fine actor. He's like the new Nolan North except he doesn't suck.

You always knew who it was when Nolan North was behind a voice. I get legitimately surprised when i come across some of Baker's roles. Would not complain if he took the joker mantle more in the future, maybe tried to make it more his own.

#123 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26755 posts) -

Mass Effect 2: Beat. Now I'm... doing another playthrough with the same character before I get to ME3.

#124 Posted by jg4xchamp (48173 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

He's a damn fine actor. He's like the new Nolan North except he doesn't suck.

Nolan North is a very good voice actor with the same vocal range(if not more so) than Troy Baker(who's Booker voice is also his Yuri voice, and Saints Row boss voice).

The difference is that Troy Baker is allowed to flex his muscle, where as Nolan North consistently gets asked to use his nathan drake voice. He has shown plenty of times that he can do other roles(see Last of Us or even him playing a fucking black dude in ODST).

An actor can't make up for bad direction or a poor script, they can just hold up their end of the bargain. For the most part North holds his own. Give him the right material and he can kill it, allow him to flex his muscle and no one will notice it's actually him.

#125 Posted by kitty (114743 posts) -

Ugh I'm stuck waking up at 5/6am, like everyday. No matter what time I go to sleep I wake back up at those hours. >.<

#126 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21727 posts) -

Breaking Bad season 2 ep 2.

Hank is close to finding out about Walter's secret life, i guess walt become a fugitive in the future ep's and hank tries to catch him.

Good thing tuco died, hate that asshole.

#127 Posted by Yangire (8797 posts) -

Jesus, even for otaku this is really sad..

I mean a fake wedding ring and certificate of the marriage? Lawd.

#128 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21727 posts) -

So guys, fist of the north, manga or anime? and does the anime cover the whole manga?

#129 Posted by Yangire (8797 posts) -
@TheGuardian03 said:

So guys, fist of the north, manga or anime? and does the anime cover the whole manga?

You don't have a large enough backlog already? Just read the manga, the anime censors the gore.

#130 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21727 posts) -

@Yangire

Oh it's not for me, it's for me brother.

Thanks for the answer.

#131 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22131 posts) -

@kitty said:

Ugh I'm stuck waking up at 5/6am, like everyday. No matter what time I go to sleep I wake back up at those hours. >.<

how long you had this problem and have you gone to see a doctor? This has been going for some time with your insomnia.

#132 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14438 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

Breaking Bad season 2 ep 2.

Hank is close to finding out about Walter's secret life, i guess walt become a fugitive in the future ep's and hank tries to catch him.

Good thing tuco died, hate that asshole.

You've only just started season 2?

#133 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

Well, haven't been on System Wars in a while. Lately I've been playing Bit.Trip and TF2.

#134 Posted by charizard1605 (57763 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

Breaking Bad season 2 ep 2.

Hank is close to finding out about Walter's secret life, i guess walt become a fugitive in the future ep's and hank tries to catch him.

Good thing tuco died, hate that asshole.

Wow, can you please post your impressions of the series every few episodes? Will be fun :P

#135 Edited by Blabadon (26359 posts) -

So I watched most of The Departed yesterday. Time to finish it up.

I'm thinking of writing a movie script.

#136 Posted by lundy86_4 (43438 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

So I watched most of The Departed yesterday. Time to finish it up.

I'm thinking of writing a movie script.

That's a challenge. Any experience?

#137 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21727 posts) -

@hallenbeck77

Yes, season 2 ep 5 right now. at the part where jesse gets a new place and calls some of his friends junkies to talk bussiness.

@charizard1605

Will do, btw hate Skyler already, don't think their marrige is gonna last.

#138 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14124 posts) -

Holy crap do ds games look awful on the 3ds. This is is some shoddy backwards compatibility.

Playing chrono trigger DS on this thing looks terrible. I'd rather just play the snes version on PC, even if the translation is more "Accurate."

Or better yet, the Snes version on the Vita.

#139 Posted by Blabadon (26359 posts) -

@lundy86_4: No, none at all, but I want to try a hand at it.

#140 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14438 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

@hallenbeck77

Yes, season 2 ep 5 right now. at the part where jesse gets a new place and calls some of his friends junkies to talk bussiness.

@charizard1605

Will do, btw hate Skyler already, don't think their marrige is gonna last.

Man, are YOU in for some treats. I'll just leave it at that so as not to ruin anything.

#141 Posted by lundy86_4 (43438 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@lundy86_4: No, none at all, but I want to try a hand at it.

You should go for it... The worst people can say is "no." It takes one person... Hell, look at Harry Potter... It was turned down a number of times lol.

#142 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9600 posts) -

Welp, guess I'll just make the third poll in my series.

#143 Posted by mems_1224 (47166 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@darkspineslayer said:

He's a damn fine actor. He's like the new Nolan North except he doesn't suck.

Nolan North is a very good voice actor with the same vocal range(if not more so) than Troy Baker(who's Booker voice is also his Yuri voice, and Saints Row boss voice).

The difference is that Troy Baker is allowed to flex his muscle, where as Nolan North consistently gets asked to use his nathan drake voice. He has shown plenty of times that he can do other roles(see Last of Us or even him playing a fucking black dude in ODST).

An actor can't make up for bad direction or a poor script, they can just hold up their end of the bargain. For the most part North holds his own. Give him the right material and he can kill it, allow him to flex his muscle and no one will notice it's actually him.

Dude, Nolan North in TLOU was such a surprise to me. I had no clue he was even in the game until the credits.

#144 Posted by mems_1224 (47166 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Holy crap do ds games look awful on the 3ds. This is is some shoddy backwards compatibility.

Playing chrono trigger DS on this thing looks terrible. I'd rather just play the snes version on PC, even if the translation is more "Accurate."

Or better yet, the Snes version on the Vita.

Looks fine on my 3DS

#145 Posted by kitty (114743 posts) -

@TheShadowLord07 said:

@kitty said:

Ugh I'm stuck waking up at 5/6am, like everyday. No matter what time I go to sleep I wake back up at those hours. >.<

how long you had this problem and have you gone to see a doctor? This has been going for some time with your insomnia.

doctors here won't help much, I'll have to figure out how to fix it on my own

#146 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14124 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Holy crap do ds games look awful on the 3ds. This is is some shoddy backwards compatibility.

Playing chrono trigger DS on this thing looks terrible. I'd rather just play the snes version on PC, even if the translation is more "Accurate."

Or better yet, the Snes version on the Vita.

Looks fine on my 3DS

You must have a higher threshold for terrible than I do.

#147 Posted by mems_1224 (47166 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Holy crap do ds games look awful on the 3ds. This is is some shoddy backwards compatibility.

Playing chrono trigger DS on this thing looks terrible. I'd rather just play the snes version on PC, even if the translation is more "Accurate."

Or better yet, the Snes version on the Vita.

Looks fine on my 3DS

You must have a higher threshold for terrible than I do.

Or maybe I dont complain about dumb things.

#148 Posted by kitty (114743 posts) -

So @mems_1224 I just learned something. Lets say you make a new my player and get drafted. If you never sim the game, you'll never play. I didn't sit and watch this, but I started another player and did exactly what I said for 3 games and I wasn't put in the game at all.

#149 Posted by mems_1224 (47166 posts) -

@kitty said:

So @mems_1224 I just learned something. Lets say you make a new my player and get drafted. If you never sim the game, you'll never play. I didn't sit and watch this, but I started another player and did exactly what I said for 3 games and I wasn't put in the game at all.

wow, thats kinda lame. i always sim though

#150 Posted by lostrib (37046 posts) -

So I give the first Uncharted a 7, I hope the next one really picks up in the story department, as well as the graphics and animation (drake looks really freaky at times).

Also, difficulty definitely not balanced