System Wars Lounge v44- Baseball is Back Edition!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Blabadon (25629 posts) -

Yes, as we're all waiting for the doldrums of the summer video game season to start and pass by, we're playing TitanFall, inFamous Second Son, Age of Empires 3, and even some Dark Souls 2 after we ran out of tissues playing it.

The lounge carries on its legacy as we approach the summer and with it comes some of the most fun Muricans can have: baseball! Among its peers, baseball is a well respected pastime establishing many childhoods and broken friendships.

Oh well.

Lounge Rules

- Be a dick

- Don't be a dick

- No religion

- Pray to Miguel Cabrera

- No politics

- Politik, however, is a good song

Tigers all the way baby!

#2 Edited by inb4uall (5233 posts) -

1st?

Also watching baseball bores the shit out of me. There's too much standing around doing nothing.

Playing with friends is fun though.

#3 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4056 posts) -

hannibal season 2 is amazing.

really, really, really violent and sick. i love it.

#4 Edited by Bigboi500 (29065 posts) -

hannibal season 2 is amazing.

really, really, really violent and sick. i love it.

+1

#5 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

lolbaseball

#6 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -

No weeaboos allowed.

#7 Posted by getyeryayasout (7029 posts) -

The Mariners have smashed the Angels twice to open the season and are off to a good start. It's a long season though, and if the M's finish a game above .500 on the season I'll be a happy man. Lovin' Lloyd McClendon bringing some toughness to the team. If you aren't squeamish Youtube the opening pitch M's v Angels. Ouch!

#8 Posted by Blabadon (25629 posts) -
#9 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17008 posts) -

I like my guy better. Go Giants! :)

#10 Posted by super600 (30097 posts) -

This thread will now be stickied.Enjoy.

#11 Posted by Animal-Mother (26308 posts) -

Hey if anyone in the US is learning how to edit or wants a free copy of the original Final Cut ( I know) it has all the Disks/educational books that come with it in a nice neat package. I'm kinda doing spring cleaning because I have a bit too much crap and am willing to ship it/give it away.

#12 Posted by lostrib (32970 posts) -

Ugh, baseball

#13 Edited by ominous_titan (539 posts) -

At a managers conference iWent to my first game last year in Toronto. Jays vs Colorado had seat in 2nd row behind bullpen.was a lot of fun lots of hotties there

#14 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -

Just because.

#15 Posted by charizard1605 (55327 posts) -

Just because.

Saw that on GAF a week ago, but it's no less awesome.

Actually, it's even more awesome now given tonight's amazing episode. Fucking Slade is such a fucking boss, he's ruining Oliver's life bit by bit, and I absolutely love it.

Can't wait to see how Merlyn figures into all this though.

#16 Posted by lostrib (32970 posts) -

Ugh, I am so behind on Arrow

#17 Posted by charizard1605 (55327 posts) -

@lostrib said:

What part you at?

#18 Posted by Yangire (8787 posts) -

Studying when you want to sleep is a terrible feeling.

#19 Edited by lostrib (32970 posts) -

@lostrib said:

What part you at?

Like only 7 or 8 episodes into the second season. I need to take a weekend to catch up

#20 Posted by charizard1605 (55327 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

What part you at?

Like only 7 or 8 episodes into the second season. I need to take a weekend to catch up

Oh yeah dude, you're way behind. Especially given all the crazy shit that happens in the second half lol.

#21 Posted by darkspineslayer (19447 posts) -

Lolbaseball

#22 Posted by lostrib (32970 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

What part you at?

Oh yeah dude, you're way behind. Especially given all the crazy shit that happens in the second half lol.

yeah looks like it. although i still think the actress that plays canary is weird looking. Just tell me this, does laurel become less annoying? And does Felicity get hotter?

#23 Posted by charizard1605 (55327 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

What part you at?

yeah looks like it. although i still think the actress that plays canary is weird looking. Just tell me this, does laurel become less annoying? And does Felicity get hotter?

lolno, and yes respectively.

Although after an entire season of making her insufferable, it seems like they've finally (somewhat) figured out what to do with Laurel's character.

#24 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26098 posts) -

Got a chance to play Tropical Freeze. Game looks and feels incredible so far. Not to mention dat GOAT soundtrack.

#25 Posted by jg4xchamp (46980 posts) -

Can never get my sig to work on this site for more than 10 posts.

#26 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Its working right now.

#27 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11471 posts) -

lolArrow

(I'm still in Season 1)

#28 Posted by jg4xchamp (46980 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Its working right now.

I can't see it though.

What's the point then? what's the point lots of letters23?

#29 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

To show it off?

That's offensive, I put a lot of thought into my nickname, champ.

I need to watch that show. I had it in my dvr, but then thing crapped out.

#30 Posted by getyeryayasout (7029 posts) -

Mariners put up another 8 runs tonight (26 runs over 3 games), and James Paxton threw a gem tonight as the Seattle Mariner are off to their first 3-0 start since 1995. The Mariners also hit for 3 homeruns tonight to close out their first 3 game sweep in Anaheim since the '06 season. Go M's!

#31 Posted by darkspineslayer (19447 posts) -

Damn it blazeblue, why do I have to review this?

How can I wash off this much weeaboo?

#32 Posted by getyeryayasout (7029 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@getyeryayasout: I miss Lloyd

I love him so far. During an interview this spring, when being questioned why he thought Corey Hart should play in left field, his reply was direct and to the point,"Because that's where I want him to play." He's the first Mariners manager I've liked since "Sweet Lou" Pinella left. That was 12 years ago.

#33 Posted by jg4xchamp (46980 posts) -

To show it off?

That's offensive, I put a lot of thought into my nickname, champ.

I need to watch that show. I had it in my dvr, but then thing crapped out.

It's fantastic.

It defies all logic. It has no everything in the world working against it, but it's good. Blows my mind.

#34 Posted by mems_1224 (46171 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: Your new sig and avy suck more than all Detroit sports teams combined.

#35 Posted by jg4xchamp (46980 posts) -

Excuse me Mads Mikkelson>the shitty rockets

And as pleb as Detroit sports teams can be, they would still have more championships than Houston. Way to forever be poor man's Dallas mems. Fucking scrub ass city. The New Jersey of Texas.

#36 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -

Some people in class today were talking about gaming, they were saying stuff like'poor nintendo' and then laughing. Nintendo really have become a joke among gamers.

#37 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26079 posts) -

Mass Effect 2: Overlord... HOLY F***!

#38 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26079 posts) -

Some people in class today were talking about gaming, they were saying stuff like'poor nintendo' and then laughing. Nintendo really have become a joke among gamers.

GameCube era all over again (seriously, around that time when I was in Jr. High, they we're received as a joke then in my classes)

#39 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

GameCube era all over again (seriously, around that time when I was in Jr. High, they we're received as a joke then in my classes)

................implying Ninty were not considered a joke by other gamers during the Wii era :P

Edit:

Well, look at that! 10k! And it only took me some 7 years to reach it XD

On that note:

Goodbye beautiful symmetry! I'll see you again when I reach 11111 posts!

#40 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

People at my school love lightning returns, that's all they can talk about

and they also think lightning is the best final fantasy character eva

#41 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5153 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

People at my school love lightning returns, that's all they can talk about

and they also think lightning is the best final fantasy character eva

I'm guessing you're trolling but... Ugh! The age we live in... >.>

#42 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3338 posts) -
#43 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5153 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

Same. They said all you needed was graphics and thought the PS2 was more powerful than the GC. -_-

#44 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26079 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

Same. They said all you needed was graphics and thought the PS2 was more powerful than the GC. -_-

Oh god! It was similar in one of my English classes. I remember a guy saying GTA: San Andreas had better graphics than anything on the GameCube. While the PS2 was surely more capable of much bigger worlds thanks to the disc size, when you look at least the character models... what? :s

#45 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9507 posts) -

Go Braves!

#46 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9507 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

LOL

#47 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -

Have two copies of dark souls 2 and both come with the black armor dlc that includes weapons, armors and a dynamic theme, anyone want the second copy's code?

#48 Posted by Lucianu (9309 posts) -

Been playing Seiken Densetsu 3 for about two hours now. Eh .. the graphics looks more muddy and dark compared to SoM's more clean, vibrant graphics. The combat.. not a fan of how i have to move incredibly slow wile in combat mode, and the AI doesn't seem any better. The menu system is a clunky mess as if made by a amateur..

At first glance, can't understand why this is supposed to be so much better than SoM. Though it's just a first glance, i'll hold judgement until i finish it.

#49 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27316 posts) -

Baseball, a sport to make cricket look hella exciting.

#50 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Baseball, a sport to make cricket look hella exciting.

And on that day, millions of people were admitted into the various burn centers across the USA.