SWM #69 - CaseyWegner is back on Gamespot. Everybody give him a cake.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#501 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts
Cows are owned everyday. :cool:King_Dodongo
It is only their natural state, after all.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#502 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

what in the world happened here? :?

CaseyWegner

Nope. The thread is unstickied, it's over!

it's not over until the cows come home.

Oh fvck, you're back. Happy birthday.
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#503 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

why would i care about some stupid fanboy who lost his mod prevliges because he was a troll

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#504 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

welcome back casey.

p.s your birthday is today?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#505 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

why would i care about some stupid fanboy who lost his mod prevliges because he was a troll

Sweenix
idiot alert.
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

WilliamRLBaker
idiot alert.

neckbeard alert
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507 Sweenix

[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

WilliamRLBaker

idiot alert.

:cry:

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#508 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

idiot alert.WilliamRLBaker
You don´t need to alert anyone,we know you are.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]idiot alert.Nanomage

:lol:

Yup.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510 Sweenix

tumblr_m7dnj1T91B1r7q2heo1_500.gif

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

Casey is back? I remember him from roaming around this place a while ago.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Sweenix

who was that?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513 CaseyWegner

welcome back casey.

WilliamRLBaker

it is.

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

welcome back casey.

CaseyWegner

it is.

You share your birthday with Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler and Chicago Blackhawks Center Johnathon Toews....

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#515 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
Bring Casey back!!!freedomfreak
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
[QUOTE="King_Dodongo"]Cows are owned everyday. :cool:Willy105
It is only their natural state, after all.

Quoted for truth.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#517 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Owned!!!
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
As long as he is NEVER a mod again, I am okay with his return. Him getting his mod privileges back means I would be done with this site. Lost 4 good accounts because of him.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#519 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

As long as he is NEVER a mod again, I am okay with his return. Him getting his mod privileges back means I would be done with this site. Lost 4 good accounts because of him. AmazonTreeBoa

tell us more dreamy

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#520 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

As long as he is NEVER a mod again, I am okay with his return. Him getting his mod privileges back means I would be done with this site. Lost 4 good accounts because of him. AmazonTreeBoa

How do you know that. Mods can never reveal who they mod or ban.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

What the hell happened with Casey? All I've read seems to be a lot of vague hints with no one going into exact details about what he did to piss off a bunch of people, Gamespot admins included. I'd like to know what actually went down to lead to his current situation. 

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#522 CaseyWegner

what makes you think it was me? :?

remember jody's quote?

"Most people believe you are the only person moderating them. They think ALL of their moderation history is CaseyWegner taking action and that you have something against them. Every single time I look at a user who complains about you it is always a variety of moderators taking action and maybe a couple of moderations are taken action by you. You're just popular."

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 CaseyWegner

What the hell happened with Casey? All I've read seems to be a lot of vague hints with no one going into exact details about what he did to piss off a bunch of people, Gamespot admins included. I'd like to know what actually went down to lead to his current situation. 

Vari3ty

i have no idea. there's only one person who knows and apparently he's not talking.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Welcome back, Casey!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]As long as he is NEVER a mod again, I am okay with his return. Him getting his mod privileges back means I would be done with this site. Lost 4 good accounts because of him. CaseyWegner

remember jody's quote?

"Most people believe you are the only person moderating them. They think ALL of their moderation history is CaseyWegner taking action and that you have something against them. Every single time I look at a user who complains about you it is always a variety of moderators taking action and maybe a couple of moderations are taken action by you. You're just popular."

Shouldn't it be 'unpopular' in that case :P

But seriously though. I'm glad you are back, I don't get all this hate against you.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Try not to change the rules or start a new ban list Casey.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Try not to change the rules or start a new ban list Casey. Heil68
Too late :P
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#528 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Welcome back, Casey.

Don't tempt the devil.:P

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]As long as he is NEVER a mod again, I am okay with his return. Him getting his mod privileges back means I would be done with this site. Lost 4 good accounts because of him. R4gn4r0k

remember jody's quote?

Shouldn't it be 'unpopular' in that case :P

But seriously though. I'm glad you are back, I don't get all this hate against you.

i don't get it either. i don't know how many times it needs to be said or by whom that mods don't make the rules.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530 DeadMan1290
LOL.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531 DeadMan1290

Stay Casey, you're a veteran here. Stop dissappearing, lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

First off, let me say that this is lame since CaseyWegner has always been a member of the forums that people know and respect (even if we disagree) moreso than any other mod.

Having said that, I hope CaseyWegner is able to appreciate the irony in his belief he was banned unfairly and the supposed methods of seeking explanation and reasoning have proven hollow and empty. He was always one in the past to respond to people asking about bans with something akin to "you only get banned if you deserve it."

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533 CaseyWegner

First off, let me say that this is lame since CaseyWegner has always been a member of the forums that people know and respect (even if we disagree) moreso than any other mod.

Having said that, I hope CaseyWegner is able to appreciate the irony in his belief he was banned unfairly and the supposed methods of seeking explanation and reasoning have proven hollow and empty. He was always one in the past to respond to people asking about bans with something akin to "you only get banned if you deserve it."

ZIMdoom

that was only when there was a reason given for moderation. there's nothing ironic about this.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

CaseyWegner

i have no idea. there's only one person who knows and apparently he's not talking.

Well welcome back. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 deactivated-5dd711115e664

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

CaseyWegner

that was only when there was a reason given for moderation. there's nothing ironic about this.

I'm sure there are many who could speak from experience that the reasons given were often arbitrary, inconsistent and completely unreasonable. Then when one tried to figure out why what they were doing broke the rules, no explanation was given aside from because you were moderated/banned it must be because you broke the rules.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say if I was once banned a long time ago and offered no explanation. The only moderation i had was from "trolling/posting only to annoy others". The problem was that this came during debates on SW where I was arguing using fact and backing up all arguements I made, but was being attacked by a number of fanboys. Eventually this led to a hypothetical ban. No explanation, no reasoning as to why a group of people bashing me or attacking me despite me providing links and evidence to support my claim could lead to my hypothetical ban.

When trying to find out how calmly responding with logical points is worthy of a ban I was mostly ignored or met with shrugs that if I didn't break the rules I wouldn't have been modded, so clearly because I was modded I must have done something wrong. That is the irony. Now you are in the exact same Kafka-esque situation and trying to figure out what the hell happened and not getting an adequate or even rational response.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

ZIMdoom

I'm sure there are many who could speak from experience that the reasons given were often arbitrary, inconsistent and completely unreasonable. Then when one tried to figure out why what they were doing broke the rules, no explanation was given aside from because you were moderated/banned it must be because you broke the rules.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say if I was once banned a long time ago and offered no explanation. The only moderation i had was from "trolling/posting only to annoy others". The problem was that this came during debates on SW where I was arguing using fact and backing up all arguements I made, but was being attacked by a number of fanboys. Eventually this led to a hypothetical ban. No explanation, no reasoning as to why a group of people bashing me or attacking me despite me providing links and evidence to support my claim could lead to my hypothetical ban.

When trying to find out how calmly responding with logical points is worthy of a ban I was mostly ignored or met with shrugs that if I didn't break the rules I wouldn't have been modded, so clearly because I was modded I must have done something wrong. That is the irony. Now you are in the exact same Kafka-esque situation and trying to figure out what the hell happened and not getting an adequate or even rational response.

if true, at least they got a reason. i got absolutely nothing.

what would happen in those cases would be a mod asking the acting moderator what the reason was and getting an answer that way. that happens quite often. in my case, even a community manager was refused a reason as to why i was suspended. there's only one person who knows the reason for my suspension and he's not talking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537 deactivated-5dd711115e664

what would happen in those cases would be a mod asking the acting moderator what the reason was and getting an answer that way. that happens quite often. in my case, even a community manager was refused a reason as to why i was suspended. there's only one person who knows the reason for my suspension and he's not talking.

CaseyWegner

Well, look on the bright side. You can now let your hardcore Xbox fanboy loose. No more trying to hold back to keep up appearance of authority. ;-)

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

ZIMdoom

Well, look on the bright side. You can now let your hardcore Xbox fanboy loose. No more trying to hold back to keep up appearance of authority. ;-)

i haven't touched my 360 in months.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

Is that what kids are calling it these days?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

Jonwh18

04_man_scratches_head_370x278.jpg

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

04_man_scratches_head_370x278.jpg

:P 

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 CaseyWegner

He's gone, people. Might be a good time to let it go and move on. ;)

Teufelhuhn

:cool:

sorry to disappoint.

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

Good riddance.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#544 CaseyWegner

Good riddance.

ImBatman-

he's back...good riddance?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

CaseyWegner

sorry to disappoint.

CaseyWegner: disappointing since 2004 :P

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

AdobeArtist

sorry to disappoint.

my animal pictures that i used to post in stickied threads never disappointed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNJJoBz9fypvjfWgkNDRn

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#547 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

sorry to disappoint.

CaseyWegner

my animal pictures that i used to post in stickied threads never disappointed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNJJoBz9fypvjfWgkNDRn

I remember those now, can't believe I forgot them. I miss them now.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548 DeadMan1290

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

AdobeArtist

sorry to disappoint.

For a moment I thought that girl was Stacy Keibler.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

Hey Casey can PS3 still not be defeneded?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/25958354/can-the-ps3-be-defended...?page=0

lol, Go ahead and continue to try to make this arguemnt now, will be quite amusing

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#550 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

casharmy

Hey Casey can PS3 still not be defeneded?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/25958354/can-the-ps3-be-defended...?page=0

lol, Go ahead and continue to try to make this arguemnt now, will be quite amusing

why would i try to make an outdated argument? it was only valid when i first made it. :?