Star Wars Outlaws releases August 2024! And it's from Ubisoft, that company everyone loves poking them

• 158 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I found what's needed here.

Loading Video...
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56115 Posts

@sargentd said:
@Pedro said:
@sargentd said:

Ugly chicks aside

Ubi is

charging $130 for the complete edition

Not allowing the game on steam but only EGS to get the bag from Epic.

The physical requires a download to play it

Can't believe people will buy this shit.

I'd like to see the game fail for the reasons listed above alone.

But the star wars stans will probably buy the shit regardless..

Just bad buisness practices all around

AAA gaming is a mess!

The game is $70. So many games require downloading day one patch. Ubisoft games being EGS is trivial. I don't get the hate for the issues you are listing.

Charging $40 for a season pass.. in a single player game at launch.. is bullshit

So your holding back content to ask for more money upfront.. to get it in a couple months..

This is why modern AAA games are trash

The $70 version is a a barebones version of the game.

Let the game fail, vote with your wallet, and buy the actual full game for $30 next year if it interests you, but don't let these companies blatantly rip you off. ubi can go f themselves

And I get games get patched over time, but there should be a functioning game on the disk if you buy physical that shouldn't require downloading anything.

The best recommendation I can give is to just play it through the Ubisoft+ sub and even if this was still coming to Steam, I wasn't gonna play it on Steam anyway. I'll be subbing Ubisoft+ just to play Outlaws and while I'm subbing, I'll be able to check out other Ubi games while I'm at it. There's a reason why few gamers like using Game Pass for this reason.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 DaVillain  Moderator

Some good news:

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8223 Posts

@davillain: cold day in hell I sub to Ubisoft+

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Pedro said:

The fake rage is adorable

I don't have any issue with how she looks here, that video didn't do her justice though. She looked a bit wonky.

Her facial animations looked off in the that video. Heck movement animations too. Like it should be from an early build, not a game on the verge of release. She actually looks pretty good when her face it static. Not as hot as the actress, I admit, but not ugly either.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#106 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58319 Posts

@davillain said:

Some good news:

I like all of that :D

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 judaspete

@Mozelleple112 said:

@judaspete:

Do you have any examples of games with unattractive male characters?

My response may get a bit TL;DR, so let me start with the short answer:

You had this guy on your ruggedly handsome list... This guy.
You had this guy on your ruggedly handsome list... This guy.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DaVillain  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:
@davillain said:

Some good news:

I like all of that :D

Same here. I didn't know Ubisoft had put more work into the game so this gives more hope it won't be as bad as we thought.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 judaspete

@Mozelleple112 said:

@judaspete:

Or they are ruggedly handsome / muscular men - think Snake, Big Boss, Kratos, Geralt, Joel, Sam Fisher, Sekiro, Marcus Phoenix, Arthur Morgan, John Marston, Doom Guy, DMC5 Dante, Chris Redfield, Arkham Batman, Agent 47, Captain Price, Soap Mactavish

A lot of the guys in these groups are supposed to be old or "ugly" but have chiseled jawlines and sixpacks lol.

Ok, I got a second opinion from my wife about this just to be sure I'm not off base here; half the dudes on this list are not hot. A six pack doesn't fix a busted face (Doom Slayer doesn't even have one). I mean seriously, do you care that the girl from Outlaws is actually thin and fit? No. You and the whole rest of the internet are going on about her hair and face. Could say the same thing about Aloy, Mary Jane, and that chick from Returnal.

But putting all that aside, think about the wide variety of body types you listed off. There is a pretty big difference between a dude like Tidus and one like Kratos, but both can be considered attractive (though my wife does not personally agree about Kratos). There just doesn't seem to be that kind of a range for acceptably attractive females. There's skinny photoshoot ready Instagram THOT, or busty photoshoot ready Instagram THOT. Girl best be dolled up, even if she lives in the post apocalyptic woods.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 judaspete

@Mozelleple112 said:

@judaspete:

Or they are just plain handsome chads that could easily be models - think Leon Kennedy, Nathan Drake, John Shepard, DMC1 Dante, Clive

TL:DR Part 3:

These are all good looking dudes, but they aren't exactly running around in body suits or halter tops. Tomb Raider got called woke for putting Lara in clothes that were still more revealing than anything Nathan Drake ever wore. The only one we even see abs in their default outfit is Dante, and that's just in the early games. Even then, trench coat and long pants cover most of his body.

How often do you get fan-service shots of these dudes? Close ups of ass? Slow mo pan across abs as they pull out their guns/swords/whatever? Again, the only one I can think of is Dante, and it's mostly stuff from the reboot no one liked.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#112  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69492 Posts

@judaspete: You are 100% correct. The one game in which Dante was mildly sexualized was hated on for making him a pretty boy.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44185 Posts

@judaspete: Couldn’t have said it any better myself. 👍

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 hardwenzen

Btw do we know if this is an AAAA? I only buy AAAA games from Ubisoft now.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#115  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@judaspete: Looks a bit cherry picked.

I recently beat Gears 5. Marcus Phoenix is supposed to be a 50-60 year old retired and battleworn hermit / war vet.

Yet he looks like this:

symmetry, jawline, eyes, brow, nose, face etc are all model perfect. He looks like George Clooney on steroids. If you think that is ugly, or even what an average dude in his 50s looks like you are GRAVELY mistaken.

You could argue he looks like Bautista. (Hollywood actor).

Marcus looks really damn good in Gears 5 lol, completely unrealistically handsome for the character he is supposed be.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Mozelleple112

@judaspete: And why are you putting words in my mouth? I don't even know what Outlaws is. And FYI, I never said Aloy was ugly, in fact I actually defended her looks a while back. I did find someone say her head was shaped like a pear in HFW and I found that really funny.

Anyway, I'm playing HZD on PC atm, 60 hrs in and Aloy is hot AF.

I got 98 hours on HFW on PS5, and I didn't notice anything AT ALL about her being uglified during that playtime (even though I played HZD on PS4 first). She looked the same, but arguably a bit older / more mature which is expected for a sequel. Nathan Drake in UC4 is older than Drake in UC1. TLOU2 joel is older than TLOU1 Joel etc.

But as the entire internet has pointed it out, especially the hilarious pearshaped head comment, I get where they're going.

We'll have to see when I buy HFW on Steam. luckily I can just get better face mods if necessary.

Funny you point out the main character in Returnal. She's a 50 year old menopausal women, much in line with the look Sony is going for with their women, cause god forbid we play as a hot 24 year old chick in 2024 :p

And on Lara Croft. Its not about putting her in cloths, I would guess its also reducing her tits by about 70% as well. Big boobs exist IRL ya know.

Why is it sexualising to have Lara Croft in shorts and a tank top (remember she is cave diving in extremely hot areas of the world, her outfit is very appropriate for the jungle / desert etc.

But its not sexualising to have Kratos with his 250lbs of pure muscle zero body fat walking around in a loin cloth ?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Mozelleple112

@Pedro: You mean the fan favourite DMC3? or DmC ?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 963 Posts

Going to wait for

1. CBBE Nude mods (and face fix)

2. Force Power mods

3. Lightsaber mods

Then the game will be playable.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2415 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Her arms are too skinny and her stomach is too flat, seems to go inward with those outfits exposing it. Metal and plastic Power Rangers fashion is too stupid for anyone in the world to be hot.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Robertos
@Mozelleple112 said:

@judaspete: And why are you putting words in my mouth? I don't even know what Outlaws is. And FYI, I never said Aloy was ugly, in fact I actually defended her looks a while back. I did find someone say her head was shaped like a pear in HFW and I found that really funny.

I got 98 hours on HFW on PS5, and I didn't notice anything AT ALL about her being uglified during that playtime (even though I played HZD on PS4 first). She looked the same, but arguably a bit older / more mature which is expected for a sequel. Nathan Drake in UC4 is older than Drake in UC1. TLOU2 joel is older than TLOU1 Joel etc.

But as the entire internet has pointed it out, especially the hilarious pearshaped head comment, I get where they're going.

We'll have to see when I buy HFW on Steam. luckily I can just get better face mods if necessary.

Funny you point out the main character in Returnal. She's a 50 year old menopausal women, much in line with the look Sony is going for with their women, cause god forbid we play as a hot 24 year old chick in 2024 :p

And on Lara Croft. Its not about putting her in cloths, I would guess its also reducing her tits by about 70% as well. Big boobs exist IRL ya know.

Agreed Aloy is hot.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Mozelleple112

@warm_gun: Her arms are too skinny? No they're not. That's what a fit girls arms look like. And how her stomach "too flat" ? Its just called "not being fat".

she's slim / petite. a very, very realistic body type and one that is very common among athletes and regular gym-goers.

Here are three screenshots taken directly from my Steam. She is neither ugly, nor overly sexualised and unrealistic.

Just a typical, fit (but not super fit) 18-29 year old girl.

EDIT: god damn the quality looks shit here. Oh well. I promise the game looks absolutely gorgeous in 5K2K HDR

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Mozelleple112

@robertos: Exactly. There's sooo many mods for her in HZD but I honestly didnt like the look of any of them. I think she's fine just as she is. Most of them just give her GG sized tits or make her overly thicc (eugh). Vanilla Aloy in HZD is fine.

If there are any mods that make her look more like Sofia Simens I'd probably download that on the spot though

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Pedro
@Mozelleple112 said:

@Pedro: You mean the fan favourite DMC3? or DmC ?

DmC.

Marcus from Gears does not hit the boxes for attractive males.🤷🏽‍♂️

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#125 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46309 Posts

@Mozelleple112: How does aiming with the mouse feel in HFW? Is there any additional lag or smoothing? I’m playing with the Dualsense myself, but I would like to know if I should switch.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By judaspete

@Mozelleple112: Sorry, I totally did put words in your mouth there. Lumped you in with the general discourse of this and a few other recent threads.

By "Outlaws" I meant Star Wars Outlaw. My point was the girl in this game is slim and fit, but all anyone talks about is her hair and face. So likewise, being a huge muscular dude doesn't automatically make one attractive when their skin is all cragly, and their head is a shaped like a box.

Yes, I definitely cherry picked the ugliest Marcus face I found in a quick search, but again, that head is a nearly perfect cube. That's not meant to be attractive to ladies. That kind of over-the-top masculinity is meant to appeal to dudes. Hollywood doesn't put guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger in rom coms. That said, his old self has held up well for a man his age, but then this is a 65-year-old woman in videogame land:

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Pedro

@judaspete: I thought you were full of shit with the age but you weren't.😂

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#128 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

@robertos: @Mozelleple112:

Not bad at all considering her attractiveness was not any part of her design consideration - in either direction. They didn't try to make her especially attractive, not did they try to "uglify" her, whatever the Hell that means. It was simply not part of their consideration.

Yeah, I managed to get in touch with a couple of devs who designed her amidst all this mess. Just thought it would be an interesting perspective when applied to the current topic.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By judaspete

@Pedro: Ha! Nope. I didn't have to exaggerate that one at all :)

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Warm_Gun

@Mozelleple112 said:

@warm_gun: Her arms are too skinny? No they're not. That's what a fit girls arms look like. And how her stomach "too flat" ? Its just called "not being fat".

she's slim / petite. a very, very realistic body type and one that is very common among athletes and regular gym-goers.

Here are three screenshots taken directly from my Steam. She is neither ugly, nor overly sexualised and unrealistic.

EDIT: god damn the quality looks shit here. Oh well. I promise the game looks absolutely gorgeous in 5K2K HDR

A girl always adventuring and pulling eight hundred arrows a battle would be bigger than Aloy. She is skinny. Her stomach is weird.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Mozelleple112

@warm_gun: Realism? really? People want realism in games? By that logic, playing as a female character in any game should make you run shorter distances, aim worse, not be able to throw grenades as far, carry less equipment etc than playing as a male character. Think Call of Duty, or Ellie in TLOU2 vs Joel in TLOU1 etc.

None of the female Tekken, Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter characters should ever beat any of the male characters (except the really old ones I guess).

Dante, Nero, Vergil etc are all far too skinny for being able to do all the stuff they do etc.

Games aren't meant to be realistic lol.

If we have to beef up female characters because being too skinny you'd also have to still nerf them compared to men.

Silly suggestion.

Her stomach isn't weird. she's small (but still well within normal range) waisted and not built like a fridge or has 38% body fat like your average American woman.

EDIT: LOL I just guessed, but for women age 20-39 its 37.8%.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Mozelleple112

@Pedro: @judaspete

He does.

He looks better than 99.99% of the male population. IF we ignore the fact that he is comically huge. He'd make Arnold blush with his size.

you're far more likely to run into the Stellar Blade girl than you are to run into Marcus Phoenix look a like. (even with half the muscle mass of Phoenix.)

As probably 80-90+% of the gaming population are men, his attractiveness is catered to the male gaze. (big ass dude with giant muscle and perfect face looks awesome)

he's huge, muscular, square jaw, positive canthal tilt, "hunter eyes" (opposed to the uglier "prey eyes".), etc. Looks guys wish they had.

This is why I separated into three categories.

Prettyboys (basically what girls would classify as hot/cute/whatever)

Ruggedly handsome (basically what dudes think are attractive, YUGE biceps and lots of testosterone, full beard, war-harderned 30-50 y/o with lots of cool scars). These dudes aren't designed to be handsome, and yet end up having all the desirable facial traits (eyes, nose, chin, jaw, cheekbones, brows, hairlines, etc.) and if not completely ripped then at least relatively fit (not fat).

and the universally handsome that both sexes will agree are attractive and are neither battle-worn nor "twinkie". Ya know like Drake, Shephard, etc, etc.

My question is...Where are all the balding (not bald, balding) overweight pasty hairy men with negative canthal tilts, ugly prey eyes double chin no jawline characters? I noticed I just described the average system warrior here.

There's Trevor in GTA 5 and that's pretty much it lol.

Anyways man, my point was male characters in video games are just as attractive as female characters. Its cool you got your wifes in opinion on this stuff, but I too can say I don't find half of the supposedly attractive overly sexualised women in games are hot either. I find it funny when people say female character X, Y, Z is "unrealistic" when I literally see girls like that (if not more fit) in the gym every day.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Mozelleple112

@R4gn4r0k: HZD/HFW are games meant to be played with M/KB IMO. Its funny I've heard people say the Horizon games are games where 30 fps or 40 fps is fine and that 60 fps is 'overkill'.

That absolutely couldn't be further than the truth. So many people think Sony games are these cinematic 24 fps slide shows or something.

The game is an absolute blast to play with M/KB as ts fast paced and requires a lot of swift movement and precise aiming with your bow. Its essentially a third person shooter like RE4, TLOU1-2, MGS5 etc. just with bows instead of guns. Things get wild (especially if you play on Very Hard) and requires reflexes and buttery smooth responsiveness.

Prior to buying PC I played HFW on PS5 in its 4K/40hz mode (for the visuals) but I later swapped to the 60+hz mode because it indeed did give a better experience. though it was painful to give up that crisp resolution.

Blessed to say that isn't a choice to make with the 4090 but you do have to decide between 4K DLAA max at 100 fps and 4K DLSS3-Q max at 150fps and the latter is a way better experience IMO as I play with a mouse. Well, for one because 150fps feels a lot better than 100 and two because 4K DLAA and 4K DLSS3-Q looks exactly the same to me.

TL;DR: HZD/FW are best played at 120-175+ fps with m/kb, but if you cannot reasonably hit that target then I would stick with controller at 60-100fps (I don't like using a mouse if my FPS is below three digits). If you enjoy shooters at 60 fps then just go for mouse period. its superior imo.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 hardwenzen

@robertos said:

Agreed Aloy is hot.

If you find this hot, you really need to get yourself a ps5. You deserve it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Pedro
@Mozelleple112 said:

@Pedro: @judaspete

He does.

He looks better than 99.99% of the male population. IF we ignore the fact that he is comically huge. He'd make Arnold blush with his size.

you're far more likely to run into the Stellar Blade girl than you are to run into Marcus Phoenix look a like. (even with half the muscle mass of Phoenix.)

As probably 80-90+% of the gaming population are men, his attractiveness is catered to the male gaze. (big ass dude with giant muscle and perfect face looks awesome)

he's huge, muscular, square jaw, positive canthal tilt, "hunter eyes" (opposed to the uglier "prey eyes".), etc. Looks guys wish they had.

This is why I separated into three categories.

Prettyboys (basically what girls would classify as hot/cute/whatever)

Ruggedly handsome (basically what dudes think are attractive, YUGE biceps and lots of testosterone, full beard, war-harderned 30-50 y/o with lots of cool scars). These dudes aren't designed to be handsome, and yet end up having all the desirable facial traits (eyes, nose, chin, jaw, cheekbones, brows, hairlines, etc.) and if not completely ripped then at least relatively fit (not fat).

and the universally handsome that both sexes will agree are attractive and are neither battle-worn nor "twinkie". Ya know like Drake, Shephard, etc, etc.

My question is...Where are all the balding (not bald, balding) overweight pasty hairy men with negative canthal tilts, ugly prey eyes double chin no jawline characters? I noticed I just described the average system warrior here.

There's Trevor in GTA 5 and that's pretty much it lol.

Anyways man, my point was male characters in video games are just as attractive as female characters. Its cool you got your wifes in opinion on this stuff, but I too can say I don't find half of the supposedly attractive overly sexualised women in games are hot either. I find it funny when people say female character X, Y, Z is "unrealistic" when I literally see girls like that (if not more fit) in the gym every day.

Marcus is ugly
Marcus is ugly

And no. Male characters are NOT just as attractive as female characters. You are on crack and should stop because that shit isn't good for you.

I am more surprise by the existence of this fallacy more than anything.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#136  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7205 Posts
@warm_gun said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

A girl always adventuring and pulling eight hundred arrows a battle would be bigger than Aloy. She is skinny. Her stomach is weird.

Explain Choi Mi-Sun and Casey Kaufhold who destroy the worlds greatest men archers with ease.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Robertos
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:

Agreed Aloy is hot.

Well if I was into guys maybe I would not find that hot. Not that there is anything wrong with your preference Hardweinz.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 hardwenzen

@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:

Agreed Aloy is hot.

Well if I was into guys maybe I would not find that hot. Not that there is anything wrong with your preference Hardweinz.

Deep down, you knew damn well that you're a long time Sony lover. Pretty sure that if she wasn't a Sony made character, you wouldn't have called her hot.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Robertos

@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:

Agreed Aloy is hot.

Deep down, you knew damn well that you're a long time Sony lover. Pretty sure that if she wasn't a Sony made character, you wouldn't have called her hot.

She is hottest on PC though with nude mods.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 hardwenzen

@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:

Agreed Aloy is hot.

She is hottest on PC though with nude mods.

Imagine fapping to a Sony character. I don't want you to mention 30fps on a ps5 ever again. Is that understood?

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Warm_Gun
@mesome713 said:
@warm_gun said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

Explain Choi Mi-Sun and Casey Kaufhold who destroy the worlds greatest men archers with ease.

Nice try. Those archers don't shoot as much as Aloy, and they don't walk, run, climb and use a spear all waking hours. Their competitions aren't that intense. They don't need warrior bodies and are smart enough not to overexert themselves in their training.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#142  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7205 Posts

@warm_gun:

If you want to be a “great” archer, someone that can put the arrow into the yellow all the time, you need to shoot 100-120 arrows per day 5 times a week. If you want to be a “champion” archer, someone who can put the arrow into the 10 most of the time, you need to shoot 5 times a week with at least 120 arrows per day. Professional archers and those who compete in the world as the greatest of all time like the ones I showed shoot about 200-250 arrows a day 6 times a week.

And that's not the only training they do. Shooting 200-250 arrows a day 6 times a week is just one of the trainings they do, they have to train in a lot more than just shooting.

Also running and climbing all the time would make you skinny too. Have you never seen professional runners and climbers? Big muscles would slow you down and make you more heavy. Big muscles will only give you short term strength, all that muscles would be horrible for endurance strength.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8223 Posts
@judaspete said:

@Mozelleple112: Sorry, I totally did put words in your mouth there. Lumped you in with the general discourse of this and a few other recent threads.

By "Outlaws" I meant Star Wars Outlaw. My point was the girl in this game is slim and fit, but all anyone talks about is her hair and face. So likewise, being a huge muscular dude doesn't automatically make one attractive when their skin is all cragly, and their head is a shaped like a box.

Yes, I definitely cherry picked the ugliest Marcus face I found in a quick search, but again, that head is a nearly perfect cube. That's not meant to be attractive to ladies. That kind of over-the-top masculinity is meant to appeal to dudes. Hollywood doesn't put guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger in rom coms. That said, his old self has held up well for a man his age, but then this is a 65-year-old woman in videogame land:

Besides attractiveness or sexy.

What about just masculine?

Does Marcus Fenix look Masculine in your opinion?

And does the chick from Outlaws look feminine?

I think alot of the western developers are making female characters to look more masculine, thin lips, wide jaw lines, overly muscular.

just an observation

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44185 Posts

This thread certainly is something alright. 😂

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By judaspete

@sargentd: Oh, she's definitely got some masculinity to her. Folks are cherry picking screenshots that make her look like Joaquin Phoenix, but even on her best day she's totally fem-butch.

Look, to be clear, I prefer if a game has hot chicks in it. The reason I'm always in here defending the "ugly" ones, is because I think folks on this board are blowing things way out of proportion. Shit, people were bringing up 1984 in one of the other threads, and like, yeah, I'm sure ugly video game characters were exactly what George Orwell was worried about when he wrote that book. If we really want to make a dystopian sci-fi comparison, hot video game chicks (heck, video games in general) are like Soma Holidays in Brave New World. Something distract us from our meaningless, oppressive existence. Stay away from that shit and spend your free time fighting the man if you are serious.

But back on topic, it just seems like there is a very thin line between hot and ugly for video game women. Everything is fine as long as she's a 9 out of 10, but once you get down to a 7, the whole internet explodes.

Some masculine features, but still a pretty chick.
Some masculine features, but still a pretty chick.
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#146 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58979 Posts

IRL woman suck ass compared to Chun Li. They need to try harder.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 hardwenzen

I am kinda sad for not having a twatter account right now cuz people are absolutely unleashing on Outlaws right now. There is so much quality negativity surrounding this game that they're killing it long before its released, just like Redfall and Suicide Squad.

Loading Video...
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Mozelleple112

@Pedro: They are made to be, yes.

Male video game characters look better than men do IRL.

Female video game character don't look anywhere near as good as hot women IRL.

I can give you 100 names of real women that are way hotter than Aloy, Lara Croft, Ellie Williams, Stellar Blade chick, "Chun-Li" or whatever her name was in the post above etc, etc.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#149 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5252 Posts

How did this thread turned into an off-topic discussion on the physical appearance of female video game characters?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

Fembots of the highest Calibur are needed now mooaar than ever. ;o

lolol :P