Shrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Shrek
Member since 2015 • 387 Posts

@stuff238: people are enjoying the game right now and are getting constant updates to the content. An officially release doesn't amount to much given how much sunburnt is already playable for gamers.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

Hermits' dreams just got shattered.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3257 Posts

I knew 100% that this game was not coming out this year. 2017 sounds about right. All it matters that it turns out to be a good game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

An idiot makes a thread, the idiots that responded in the first few comments.

too easy.

too dumb.

Doom 4 was a pretty average game that took like 10 years.. pathetic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@RedentSC said:

300 Staff, over 100 million budget. and its taken nearly 5 years at this point.

Those stats are roughly equal to GTA V development stats (although they had a lot less than 100m) so i'm expecting equal quality and longevity, if not then it was and always has been a scam

pretty dumb statement to make.

First 1-2 years of Star Citizen was building up that team.... and starting from scratch.

GTA FIVE!!! should be a dead giveaway, from a team that has been making the same game for well over a decade..... they are not in anyway the same.

I wonder how Rockstar would of handled this situation if it was the same? someone gave them 100m 300 staff and told them to make Grand Theft Auto 5 "Quality" ... without having a pre-assembled mega size team, and 5 other of the same games to build on...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#56 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25059 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

1. Its one of the best FPS ever and best FPS of decade

2. It doesnot took 10 years. at one point Doom 4 was like COD/killzone cross between which got cancelled and development restarted in 2012 and officially announced at 2014.

Star citizen is biggest crowd funding project of all time yet did they show single player campaign anything before? absolutely no.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#57 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70393 Posts

The fake hype for this game makes No Man Sky hype look like an ad in the classifieds.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@storm_of_swords said:

I was so excited for this game when I first heard about it years ago, but it has taken so long and still isn't close to being released that all of my hype for it is gone.

I was looking forward to this. I was hype for this at one point. but now i dont care anymore. I said there screw Chris roberts. that clown always talk about this and that but never bother to show a proper footage of a game that he is making since 2012. come on.

Except you know the, Alpha, which is the same gameplay as SQ42, Arena Commander, which is the same gameplay as SQ42. The 3.0 demo with the planetside and missions etc. which is the same gameplay as SQ42.

What you seem to want is some morsel from the SQ42 campaign itself, but for whatever reason is beyond me. Being in development from 2012 isn't that long man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghosts4ever said:
@MBirdy88 said:

2. It doesnot took 10 years. at one point Doom 4 was like COD/killzone cross between which got cancelled and development restarted in 2012 and officially announced at 2014.

Star citizen is biggest crowd funding project of all time yet did they show single player campaign anything before? absolutely no.

1. Boring corridor campaign. no real thrills, Doom 3 was better. and the Multiplayer is utter garbage.... a mediocre game at best.

2. Cancelled, restarted, it all still counts. It got rebooted because whatever they attempted before sucked, instead they took the simpler easier option, which resulted in a pretty run of the mill shooter experience... that A.I though... hahahahah.

At citizen con you will see the campaign, and the delay announcement (that every informed backer knew was coming pretty much at the beginning of the year... 2016 was a stretch at best.) Why would they show off the campaign before the core gameplay mechanics are refined? what would be the purpose? oh right.. your grasping.

Keep grasping.

You can always go back to doom ... maybe you missed a generic key card or collectable in a corridor.... crack on.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jereb31

@storm_of_swords said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@storm_of_swords said:

I was so excited for this game when I first heard about it years ago, but it has taken so long and still isn't close to being released that all of my hype for it is gone.

Three years is "so long"? Do you consider the Assassin's Creed release schedule slow as well?

The game already has enough released, playable content to justify a modern $60 AAA game, and it's still in Alpha. Whine more.

It's been four years thus far, not three. And it will be at least five years or more before the game is finished.

Suuuuuuure it will be 2021 be the time of release. Clown.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Pointless to hype games like this until they are actually in stores*, or just about. Same with Last Guardian and Zelda and so forth.

(* digital ones, obvs)

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jereb31

@shawty_beatz said:

Hermits' dreams just got shattered.

I know right, the random misquoted source has dulled my prospects.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ghosts4ever

@jereb31 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@storm_of_swords said:

I was looking forward to this. I was hype for this at one point. but now i dont care anymore. I said there screw Chris roberts. that clown always talk about this and that but never bother to show a proper footage of a game that he is making since 2012. come on.

Except you know the, Alpha, which is the same gameplay as SQ42, Arena Commander, which is the same gameplay as SQ42. The 3.0 demo with the planetside and missions etc. which is the same gameplay as SQ42.

What you seem to want is some morsel from the SQ42 campaign itself, but for whatever reason is beyond me. Being in development from 2012 isn't that long man.

if Everything play same as SQ42 then why are they so hesitate to show us SQ42 gameplay? How can a game that they claim to be coming out this fall (we are in fall) and show not a single footage? oh wait they have nothing to show.

@MBirdy88 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@MBirdy88 said:

1. Boring corridor campaign. no real thrills, Doom 3 was better. and the Multiplayer is utter garbage.... a mediocre game at best.

2. Cancelled, restarted, it all still counts. It got rebooted because whatever they attempted before sucked, instead they took the simpler easier option, which resulted in a pretty run of the mill shooter experience... that A.I though... hahahahah.

At citizen con you will see the campaign, and the delay announcement (that every informed backer knew was coming pretty much at the beginning of the year... 2016 was a stretch at best.) Why would they show off the campaign before the core gameplay mechanics are refined? what would be the purpose? oh right.. your grasping.

Keep grasping.

You can always go back to doom ... maybe you missed a generic key card or collectable in a corridor.... crack on.

1. LOL at anyone play Doom for MP. its like saying battlefield suck because SP suck. I have not even touch a MP yet. and SP is not corridor. Doom 3 was corridor. Doom 4 has open ended level design.

2. yes it was cancelled so it doesnot count. they were making COD and now they bring it back to 90s roots. with no regen health and slow cover gameplay. just faced paced non stop fun

I have been listening this every year that they are going to show SQ42 campaign but in they end they just show there stupid reharsal where a clown chris roberts giving different direction how they are working hard on this game. that BS. we are not interested in how hard you are working, how many actors you hired. we want to see a Gameplay!!!. but of course they wont.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

I know you are likely just trolling Sniper... but if you aren't, this is just so wrong.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 foxhound_fox

@locopatho said:

Pointless to hype games like this until they are actually in stores*, or just about. Same with Last Guardian and Zelda and so forth.

(* digital ones, obvs)

Unless it's Star Citizen, because backers literally have game to play right now, more game than most of the industry is offering as a "complete" product.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Jereb31

@ghosts4ever said:
@jereb31 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@storm_of_swords said:

if Everything play same as SQ42 then why are they so hesitate to show us SQ42 gameplay? How can a game that they claim to be coming out this fall (we are in fall) and show not a single footage? oh wait they have nothing to show.

Nothing to show except the 2.5 PTU, the 3.0 Planetside demo, the playable Arena Commander etc. What are you an idiot or something??

Why bother divulging the storyline when they seem to be releasing the updates to the PTU and Arena Commander pretty regularly, as well as the video's showing progress updates on all fronts. Why give away any ounce of a storyline just to satiate your salty bones.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

No Mans Sky >>> Super Star Dust HD >>> Star Citizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@foxhound_fox said:
@MBirdy88 said:

I know you are likely just trolling Sniper... but if you aren't, this is just so wrong.

Everyone has their preferences, I love shooters, but I found the campaign pretty boring. I't just wasn't for me. the higher difficulty is just silly, would be like CoD with riot shields on every damn enemy. no thank you.

I'm exaggerating to a degree, I enjoyed some moments of it. but most of time was irritating enemy sounds and weaving between predictable projectiles going from one map marker to the next (Who linked that THIEF video the other day explaining why that kinda gameplay is bad? ... hes right.). Like the nice little retro doom touches... but again, in 2016 after being drowned in shooters... it was an "ok" experience at best.

but hey, "best shooter ever" "nobody plays doom for MP" <--- why include it then? oh right... because the campaign alone was pretty short. (unless your a collectaholic... I can be in RPGs... not in shooters.)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@locopatho said:

(* digital ones, obvs)

Unless it's Star Citizen, because backers literally have game to play right now, more game than most of the industry is offering as a "complete" product.

That's nice, but it's not close to being a finished game yet. I'm glad backers can tool around in it already but in terms of hyping it as a finished awesome game? Let's wait til it's done.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jereb31

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

No Mans Sky >>> Super Star Dust HD >>> Star Citizen

Don't go getting all upset about No Mans' Sky now. The game with some much gameplay they thought they would expand those 2 things you can do to a Quintillion stars.

I can already do more than 2 things in Star Citizen, so must be a blockbuster release already aye.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ghosts4ever

@MBirdy88 said:

but hey, "best shooter ever" "nobody plays doom for MP" <--- why include it then? oh right... because the campaign alone was pretty short. (unless your a collectaholic... I can be in RPGs... not in shooters.)

nobody criticize BF having bad SP even people pretend it doesnot exist.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 foxhound_fox

@locopatho said:

That's nice, but it's not close to being a finished game yet. I'm glad backers can tool around in it already but in terms of hyping it as a finished awesome game? Let's wait til it's done.

"Finished" being a word that could never be applied to Star Citizen, since it will continue to see content updates long after it's "release". Arena Commander is pretty much finished at this point, and would in most markets, be considered a full game on it's own.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 foxhound_fox

@MBirdy88 said:

Everyone has their preferences, I love shooters, but I found the campaign pretty boring. I't just wasn't for me. the higher difficulty is just silly, would be like CoD with riot shields on every damn enemy. no thank you.

I'm exaggerating to a degree, I enjoyed some moments of it. but most of time was irritating enemy sounds and weaving between predictable projectiles going from one map marker to the next (Who linked that THIEF video the other day explaining why that kinda gameplay is bad? ... hes right.). Like the nice little retro doom touches... but again, in 2016 after being drowned in shooters... it was an "ok" experience at best.

I take it you never really played the original Doom's then? Doom (2016) was them in a modern game. For those of us who grew up on the old games, it was a dream come true. It's campaign has incredible replay value, which is what Doom has always been about (before Doom 3).

You can have your preferences, but just remember, Doom (2016) is by far the best shooter so far this year, by a long shot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghosts4ever said:
@MBirdy88 said:

They must have had so much faith that they felt the need to include it though right? They wouldn't dare release a SP shooter like Doom without making it feel like a bigger package in this day and age.

EA is another animal, they probably figured they would get a piece of the CoD pie.... mattered neither way to them.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Ghosts4ever

@MBirdy88 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@MBirdy88 said:

They must have had so much faith that they felt the need to include it though right? They wouldn't dare release a SP shooter like Doom without making it feel like a bigger package in this day and age.

EA is another animal, they probably figured they would get a piece of the CoD pie.... mattered neither way to them.

none of doom games had good MP. not even Doom 3.

Doom 4 MP was made by entirely different team and not ID software. its a SP shooter and in last 10 years no SP shooter even come close to Doom except Stalker and Crysis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@foxhound_fox said:
@MBirdy88 said:

I take it you never really played the original Doom's then? Doom (2016) was them in a modern game. For those of us who grew up on the old games, it was a dream come true. It's campaign has incredible replay value, which is what Doom has always been about (before Doom 3).

You can have your preferences, but just remember, Doom (2016) is by far the best shooter so far this year, by a long shot.

I did, but sorry, prefer Overwatch by a landslide. The replay value is largely preference, nightmare? zzzzz , snap maps (cool for the first 5 odd) .. collecting in shooters? ZZzzzzzz Maybe I'l be abit nicer and put it on the level of the bioshock games (without the charm...) maybe I just dont like demon themes? because It grew old fast.

Not that there was a great deal of competition this year regardless? the genre is pretty stale. They were the 2 highlights, everything else is pretty much a rehash at this point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghosts4ever said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@MBirdy88 said:

none of doom games had good MP. not even Doom 3.

Doom 4 MP was made by entirely different team and not ID software. its a SP shooter and in last 10 years no SP shooter even come close to Doom except Stalker and Crysis.

Nah, just not good enough for a 10+ year game from a studio with Xxxx Millions and prior experience making shooters mate.
Game is a scam. was promised something epic, got something luke warm.
MP is more important than campaign, sorry, true in 2016! They barely showed the MP before release, that must mean it was barely put together and they just wanted to scam our pre-order money!

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Fine by me.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Ghosts4ever
@MBirdy88 said:

I did, but sorry, prefer Overwatch by a landslide. The replay value is largely preference, nightmare? zzzzz , snap maps (cool for the first 5 odd) .. collecting in shooters? ZZzzzzzz Maybe I'l be abit nicer and put it on the level of the bioshock games (without the charm...) maybe I just dont like demon themes? because It grew old fast.

Not that there was a great deal of competition this year regardless? the genre is pretty stale. They were the 2 highlights, everything else is pretty much a rehash at this point.

Overwatch is overhype, overpriced cartoonish, girly trash.

the game sold as full price and not bother to include a single player campaign.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 foxhound_fox

@MBirdy88 said:

You don't appreciate it's old school charm and level of detail in every facet of the game. That's fine, but for someone like me who grew up with the originals (played Doom II: Hell on Earth at the age of 8 when it came out), it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's what every developer who uses an old school franchise should be doing with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghosts4ever said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Overwatch is overhype, overpriced cartoonish, girly trash.

the game sold as full price and not bother to include a single player campaign.

Overhyped? sounds familiar? LOLDOOM. I like woman, so cool.

Because single player shooters are less relevant, only Stalker was good out of any of the discussed ones here.. even that was rough... did you have fun collecting collectables clearly marked on your map while shooting A.I so dumb you defiantly felt like you was back in the 90s?

FEAR was better than this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@foxhound_fox said:
@MBirdy88 said:

You don't appreciate it's old school charm and level of detail in every facet of the game. That's fine, but for someone like me who grew up with the originals (played Doom II: Hell on Earth at the age of 8 when it came out), it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's what every developer who uses an old school franchise should be doing with it.

I recognise what Doom did for the genre. But they weren't my favourites... and nobody should feel the need to say otherwise just because "they made the genre" (not saying you claimed that mind you). My love for shooters started with UT99, Quake 3, RTCW: Enemy Territory, System Shock, Goldeneye (only console exception other than maybe timesplitters) Half-Life etc.

Doom bored me... from day 1. Never saw its appeal, never got me into the genre, the genre is capable of much more. (I wasn't fond of wolfenstien either, for similar reasons... yet enemy territory on the other hand... brilliant.)

So yea, I can't appreciate it. a testament to how varied genres can actually be.

Hence why I can so easily rustle sniper .... he thinks campaigns are the most important piece... and in regards to Star Citizen, I BET YOU ANY MONEY that the majority of funds OVERALL apply to the MMO concept, not the SQ42 campaign, oh sure, that started it, but Chris promised an open world MMO pretty early on, most of the ships sold rely on that MMO and its dream-ideas ....

The campaign was the intial small humble goal that would of been pretty standard.... but people stayed for the Star Citizen dream.

So his rambeling about the campaign reveal is pointless. Just like his self-obsessed obsession with "Campaign only shooters"

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Ghosts4ever

@MBirdy88 said:

Because single player shooters are less relevant, only Stalker was good out of any of the discussed ones here.. even that was rough... did you have fun collecting collectables clearly marked on your map while shooting A.I so dumb you defiantly felt like you was back in the 90s?

Recently released Doom, Deus Ex MD, Shadow warrior 2 is coming next month, Prey 2017, Next Metro game. compare to same ol battlefields, CODs etc so i disagree. SP FPS far more relevant this year and up to next year.

Even Titanfall 2 has now SP campaign and they are market as bigger and not tack on SP.

only MP FPS interest me is Quake champions.

also agreed FEAR was Excellent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghosts4ever said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Recently released Doom, Deus Ex MD, Shadow warrior 2 is coming next month, Prey 2017, Next Metro game. compare to same ol battlefields, CODs etc so i disagree. SP FPS far more relevant this year and up to next year.

Even Titanfall 2 has now SP campaign and they are market as bigger and not tack on SP.

Ah yes, Deus Ex , now we are seeing campaigns with so much DLC, that you need it. Not a good selling point.

Shadow Warrior 2 ... could be cool, could be rough as anything... not the greatest of poster childs is it?

Prey ... lol prey really? I remember that.... as far as I remember... that was pretty poorly received, and look like a bore fest.

Metro? ok cool....

The genre is overdone, I think we can all agree on that at this point. no suprises anywhere. Doom and Overwatch are the closest to anything refreshing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Anyway, back on topic.

SQ42 campaign will be shown when ready. They have already admitted Citizencon is "mostly about SQ42" ... so you will see more there. The delay was predicted back in 2015, let alone 2016... anyone following the project knew.

You keep repeating this crap, for what?

Star Citizen is bigger than the bloody scripted SQ42 campaign... that is the least ambitious part (unless you count wasting money on actors because Chris thinks hes a film producer of any merit.. lol wing commander.) Star Citizen in the golden goose... the real achievement.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ghosts4ever

@MBirdy88 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Ah yes, Deus Ex , now we are seeing campaigns with so much DLC, that you need it. Not a good selling point.

Shadow Warrior 2 ... could be cool, could be rough as anything... not the greatest of poster childs is it?

Prey ... lol prey really? I remember that.... as far as I remember... that was pretty poorly received, and look like a bore fest.

Metro? ok cool....

The genre is overdone, I think we can all agree on that at this point. no suprises anywhere. Doom and Overwatch are the closest to anything refreshing.

I forgot to mention there are 2 system shock games coming. one is SS1 reboot. other is System shock 3.

Deus Ex has technical problem but it still craps all over on MP shooters. come on. its freaking Deus Ex.

Prey is another FPS/RPG immersive sim inspired by system shock. and it looks excellent. it is recieving poorly because its not like cancelled prey 2.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

By the time this gets around the relese the engine will be outdated, this is gonna be Duke Nukem all over again.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Anyway, back on topic.

SQ42 campaign will be shown when ready. They have already admitted Citizencon is "mostly about SQ42" ... so you will see more there. The delay was predicted back in 2015, let alone 2016... anyone following the project knew.

Star Citizen is bigger than the bloody scripted SQ42 campaign... that is the least ambitious part (unless you count wasting money on actors because Chris thinks hes a film producer of any merit.. lol wing commander.) Star Citizen in the golden goose... the real achievement.

If Squadron 42, which I'm very much looking forward too, was all there was to Star Citizen, C.I.G. wouldn't have funding anywhere close to the amount they've received to date. They'd definitely be tied to investors, if not a publisher, and the game would be a shadow of what'll be get in the end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@GarGx1 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Anyway, back on topic.

If Squadron 42, which I'm very much looking forward too, was all there was to Star Citizen, C.I.G. wouldn't have funding anywhere close to the amount they've received to date. They'd definitely be tied to investors, if not a publisher, and the game would be a shadow of what'll be get in the end.

As I said, initial selling point yes, but the ballooned funding... I reckon is mostly down to the later backers and the MMO crowd... as most of the ships have nothing to do with SQ42... neither does half the features we are seeing now.

Wing Commander 2016 would of been decent, but combined that and freelancer... into "Star Citizen" in an MMO, that was the hook like and Whale sinker beyond the initial interest. I gaurentee it.

Not to say liking SQ42 more is bad, just cmon .... was hardly the bulk of the ambition.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

As I said, initial selling point yes, but the ballooned funding... I reckon is mostly down to the later backers and the MMO crowd... as most of the ships have nothing to do with SQ42... neither does half the features we are seeing now.

Wing Commander 2016 would of been decent, but combined that and freelancer... into "Star Citizen" in an MMO, that was the hook like and Whale sinker beyond the initial interest. I gaurentee it.

Not to say liking SQ42 more is bad, just cmon .... was hardly the bulk of the ambition.

You're totally right and it's the reason why Frankfurt Gamescon, the largest, non console dedicated, video game conference in Europe (some say the world) is the focus for Star Citizen and the persistent universe. Whereas Citizencon, pretty much a backer focussed event, is used to showcase Squadron 42.

Initially C.I.G. hoped to hit $2.5 million from backers to show viability to investors, who would then have stumped up the remaining $21.5 million needed to get Squadron 42 out the door with an Arena Commander type multiplayer. From that they planned to expand the multiplayer game into the persistent universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@storm_of_swords said:

Three years is "so long"? Do you consider the Assassin's Creed release schedule slow as well?

The game already has enough released, playable content to justify a modern $60 AAA game, and it's still in Alpha. Whine more.

It's been four years thus far, not three. And it will be at least five years or more before the game is finished.

Suuuuuuure it will be 2021 be the time of release. Clown.

I did not mean that it will be five more years from now until the game is released. I meant that the game will have been in development for at least five years since the time that I first heard about it since it won't be finished for at least another year, thus making it five years. And it's hard to stay excited about an upcoming game for five years, hence why I said that the hype that I had when I first heard about it is now mostly gone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Since this thread started, here is a link to a translation of the interview that cleares it up: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/51buxa/exclusive_gamestar_interview_with_cr_sq42/

MG: "Alright, you made a certain uncle very happy now. Actually, you just anwsered my next question. Squadron 42 is still on track then?"

CR: "Ähh, we're working hard on that, but it's gonna... you know, think of us being Naughty Dog (He said a few questions before, he rather delays the game as Naughty Dog did with Uncharted 4, because people won't be as frustrated if the game comes out later, if the quality is good, than if you release the game without the expected quality) So.. it's gonna be, it will be, it will be, it's gonna be great and it's gonna be polished, so.. we definitely, all the elements will be done this year, so, we're kind of in the close down mode of, we've got all the content, the missions, the play through are all done and blocked (not sure of that word) in. We finishing all the assets, we finished all the motion capture, we're working on the characters as you can even see on the demo, so that's a background NPC character, that will be in SQ42, we also apply here. So the tech, all these things are sort of coming together, so the thing i can't tell you is, how long it's going to take to polish and make it all work and make it all super smooth. BC we still have some of the AI subsumption stuff, the mission stuff is still first rolling in, so that's a tech dependency and the object container (unsure if it's that word) stuff witch we'll be show in the first bit is all part of the same, cause we do the same, cause in SQ42 now, you're going down to, you know, go down to the planet side infiltration and some other stuff, witch we weren't originally going to do, so we upped, like we added some more stuff to SQ42, we made the battle at the end even bigger, it's gonna be absolutely epic. BUT, like i said, consider us on SQ42 we will behave like Naughty Dog, witch is like, it has to be right, it has to be polished. So i don't want to make any prediction on that, but the content will be done by the end of this year, and then it's a matter of the polish time. So.."

So basically its feature and content locked, still waiting on some technical features, but the bulk of it is entering polishing phase, this could last easily 6 months in my opinion. so Q2 ... probably quite a good guess.

about the "leaked deadlines"

This was a little part of the Video (About 6 minutes of the 31). The problem with the news were that MG falsely made the claim that CR said him SQ42 will be out this year, and then he corrected himself in the forum. And in the other public video he said it like it would be at the end of 2017, witch would be also false.

so in other words, nothing concrete, or confirmed by anyone..

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@ghosts4ever: You guys sure about that because the quote from the actual interview said most of SQ42 was done with polishing needed to be done. Can't wait for this on Citizencon when you guys get rekt lol

@ten_pints said:

By the time this gets around the relese the engine will be outdated, this is gonna be Duke Nukem all over again.

MG: "Alright, you made a certain uncle very happy now. Actually, you just anwsered my next question. Squadron 42 is still on track then?"

CR: "Ähh, we're working hard on that, but it's gonna... you know, think of us being Naughty Dog (He said a few questions before, he rather delays the game as Naughty Dog did with Uncharted 4, because people won't be as frustrated if the game comes out later, if the quality is good, than if you release the game without the expected quality) So.. it's gonna be, it will be, it will be, it's gonna be great and it's gonna be polished, so.. we definitely, all the elements will be done this year, so, we're kind of in the close down mode of, we've got all the content, the missions, the play through are all done and blocked (not sure of that word) in. We finishing all the assets, we finished all the motion capture, we're working on the characters as you can even see on the demo, so that's a background NPC character, that will be in SQ42, we also apply here. So the tech, all these things are sort of coming together, so the thing i can't tell you is, how long it's going to take to polish and make it all work and make it all super smooth. BC we still have some of the AI subsumption stuff, the mission stuff is still first rolling in, so that's a tech dependency and the object container (unsure if it's that word) stuff witch we'll be show in the first bit is all part of the same, cause we do the same, cause in SQ42 now, you're going down to, you know, go down to the planet side infiltration and some other stuff, witch we weren't originally going to do, so we upped, like we added some more stuff to SQ42, we made the battle at the end even bigger, it's gonna be absolutely epic. BUT, like i said, consider us on SQ42 we will behave like Naughty Dog, witch is like, it has to be right, it has to be polished. So i don't want to make any prediction on that, but the content will be done by the end of this year, and then it's a matter of the polish time. So.."

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#94 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Of course the source could be wrong and Squadron 42 releases as planned in the next couple of months. But then again, a delay isn't all that surprising considering we haven't really seen in-game footage of Squadron 42 that you would consider to be "final". Or that the bulk of the Gamescom focus was on the new planetary landing stuff for the still-to-be released 3.0 Alpha.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@TheFadeForever said:

@ghosts4ever: You guys sure about that because the quote from the actual interview said most of SQ42 was done with polishing needed to be done. Can't wait for this on Citizencon when you guys get rekt lol

@ten_pints said:

Much respect for Chris Roberts and CIG for them to delay the game till its really ready and not release it this year to please the crybabies

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#96 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

So basically this year SQ42 = content complete then it's just all about polish. Sounds good to me. I still think we can get the game Q1 2017.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

I rather they release it in 2017 coz my schedule for the rest of 2016 is pretty much filled.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

@ten_pints said:

nonsense.. with a late release more people will have capable pc to run this game on ultra.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17692 Posts

@naz99 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@naz99 said:

Yep first game ever to get delayed, its setting a dangerous precedent, its a shame all those 300+ qualified game developers are all scam artists and none of them actually love the job they do, i mean why would they want to make a a great game when they can just milk us right? /s

Obviously the games coming out and if it comes out by the end of 2017 then gues what!. its shoclkingly taking the same amount of time as other AAA games, i mean if thats not a reason to cry scam and that its never comiing out i don't know what is!, critical thinking for the win right guys?

*sigh* the same usual moronic comments, why are gamers so dumb.

And you know the funny thing, the development time will still be less than that of the Dad of Bore and Last Guardian. Hell Out of Order 800p had a much longer development cycle.

Its not even the bullshit about delays or misinformation that bothers me, its the constant comments from gamers about scams and them puposefully slowing down development to make more money that impliies that people that make these games we love , have no passion for it and are not proud of what they do, its all about making more money, its a cynical and sad view, and that they would rather have something out now and as soon as possible rather than allowing it enough time to be the best it can be.

I don't expect it to drop right now. What I do want (and am becoming impatient for) is a trailer. ONE simple trailer, showing 42 as a product. Not a segment of it. I don't want to see dogfights in no context to the overall structure anymore (I've watched Wasdie's YT channel and dogfights). I've got the general gist. I don't want to see guys flying through space with their jetpacks, etc etc. I want to see a trailer encompassing what will look like the final product. Showing only mechanics separated isn't doing this, and while I understand the PU doesn't need this type of structure in advertisement (because it doesn't have structure due to player agency), 42 is a narrative driven experience, just like Wing Commander was. That's a major distinction.

Narrative's value in gaming is found in the cohesion of the collective of a variety of mechanics (and cinematics) to bring that narrative to realization, and that has yet to be shown.

Is it a scam? No, I don't buy it. Smart's obviously a narcissistic, egocentric, incompetent, jealous douchebag hating on something because he himself is unable (just read his blog), and anyone that believes him is an idiot. But hell if there's not valid reason to be getting frustrated at this point due to a lack of transparency for 42, even if this delay is true. A trailer should be here, and soon. Will it be shown at Con? I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Jereb31

@MirkoS77 said:
@naz99 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@naz99 said:

Yep first game ever to get delayed, its setting a dangerous precedent, its a shame all those 300+ qualified game developers are all scam artists and none of them actually love the job they do, i mean why would they want to make a a great game when they can just milk us right? /s

Obviously the games coming out and if it comes out by the end of 2017 then gues what!. its shoclkingly taking the same amount of time as other AAA games, i mean if thats not a reason to cry scam and that its never comiing out i don't know what is!, critical thinking for the win right guys?

*sigh* the same usual moronic comments, why are gamers so dumb.

And you know the funny thing, the development time will still be less than that of the Dad of Bore and Last Guardian. Hell Out of Order 800p had a much longer development cycle.

Its not even the bullshit about delays or misinformation that bothers me, its the constant comments from gamers about scams and them puposefully slowing down development to make more money that impliies that people that make these games we love , have no passion for it and are not proud of what they do, its all about making more money, its a cynical and sad view, and that they would rather have something out now and as soon as possible rather than allowing it enough time to be the best it can be.

I don't expect it to drop right now. What I do want, and am becoming impatient for, is a trailer. ONE simple trailer, showing 42 as a product. Not a segment of it. I don't want to see dogfights in no context to the overall structure anymore (I've watched Wasdie's YT channel and dogfights), I've got the general gist. I don't want to see guys flying through space with their jetpacks, etc etc. I want to see a trailer encompassing what will look like the final product. Showing only mechanics separated isn't doing this, and while I understand the PU doesn't need this type of structure in advertisement, 42 is a narrative driven experience, just like Wing Commander was.

Narrative's value in gaming is found in the cohesion of the collective of a variety of mechanics (and cinematics) to bring that narrative to realization, and that has yet to be shown.

Is it a scam? I don't buy it. Smart's obviously a narcissistic, egocentric, incompetent, jealous douchebag hating on something because he himself is unable (just read his blog), and anyone that believes him is an idiot. But hell if there's not valid reason to be getting frustrated at this point due to a lack of transparency for 42, even if this delay is true. A trailer should be here, and soon. Will it be shown at Con? I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wouldn't the best time for a trailer be less than six months prior to release. Garnish hype around the game then release it. If he is concerned the game may not be out this year, then why would you release a trailer only to have hype die down again.

But fortunately with over 1.5 Million backers, the SC team does not need to cater to the whiney minority demanding this and that just to keep them happy.