Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24988 Posts

Sauce

Which comes from a recent interview between studio head Chris Roberts and German magazine GameStar. So even though the official website still lists Q4 2016 as the release date for the star-studded Squadron 42 campaign, apparently that's now the more likely windows of the middle to the end of 2017. Naturally the delay is due to the game not being ready, with stuff like AI and the cover-system cited as still needing work

so no gameplay foootage will be shown at citizen con? pretty much confirmed?? great!

They are making it since 2012 and not a single footage we have seen of single player campaign. and it was coming out fall 2016 yet delayed again and again for one year. watch out next year they will announce it delay till 2018.

This game is Never coming out.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

LOL at hermits still hyping this trash game.

1. It either never comes out.

Or

2. It comes out a broken mess.

You will never get the game you were hoping for. No Mans Sky>>>>Star Citizen. Fact.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

Of course, it will never be finished, they used the money to fund their studio, buy homes and fancy cars.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Of course, it will never be finished, they used the money to fund their studio, buy homes and fancy cars.

many people complain about microtansactions when its noting compare to selling fictional ships for 100000$.

game is scam at this point.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

This was obvious and you can expect another delay next year. To say never is the same as was when GT 5 was in development for PS3. Just look at everything, such as the ships. Any dev that spends that long to create such a detailed ship will take a very long time to create many just as with GT 5. Then they took an existing engine and rewrote so much code that it's basically another engine which will cause them a lot of issues. Placements of settlements..etc in a universe is going to be stupid long time if the person doesn't know exact cordinates of where to place them and finally they have a huge budget so long as they have that and money rolls in from kickstarters, they could spend several more years on it. It's going to be a hard game to polish considering their plans have been changed so many times since 2012

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Yep first game ever to get delayed, its setting a dangerous precedent, its a shame all those 300+ qualified game developers are all scam artists and none of them actually love the job they do, i mean why would they want to make a a great game when they can just milk us right? /s

Obviously the games coming out and if it comes out by the end of 2017 then gues what!. its shoclkingly taking the same amount of time as other AAA games, i mean if thats not a reason to cry scam and that its never comiing out i don't know what is!, critical thinking for the win right guys?

*sigh* the same usual moronic comments, why are gamers so dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

This game is starting to look more and more like a colossal failure. I hope not, but nothing I've soon so far gives me any confidence in the game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@naz99 said:

Yep first game ever to get delayed, its setting a dangerous precedent, its a shame all those 300+ qualified game developers are all scam artists and none of them actually love the job they do, i mean why would they want to make a agreat game when they can just milk us righ? /s

same moronic comments.

the thing is all other developers do reveal the game. show us reveal trailer, gameplay, and everything before getting released

we have never seen SQ42 gameplay footage yet. just only star citizen beta, planetside, etc. where is the gameplay footage? they are just loooting our money by crowdfunding.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By naz99

@ghosts4ever said:
@naz99 said:

Yep first game ever to get delayed, its setting a dangerous precedent, its a shame all those 300+ qualified game developers are all scam artists and none of them actually love the job they do, i mean why would they want to make a agreat game when they can just milk us righ? /s

same moronic comments.

the thing is all other developers do reveal the game. show us reveal trailer, gameplay, and everything before getting released

we have never seen SQ42 gameplay footage yet. just only star citizen beta, planetside, etc. where is the gameplay footage? they are just loooting our money by crowdfunding.

Yes we have we saw a glimpse in the morrow trailer over a year ago it showed the ship you are based on and the characters at the beginning of the game but that was very early, great to see you are fully informed on what you are complaining about.

And the reveal of the actual full game is next month at citizencon we have know this for most of the year, unlike you who apparently doesn't so you are actually complaining they are not doing what they are doing, they dont want to show the singleplayer off years before its out thats just common sense.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

I not only don't see a well known or reliable source, I don't see anything said by Robert's that actually states it was pushed into 2017, sounds to me like a "journalist" reading into an interview with subjective analysis and speculating that the game is getting a delay.

Stop posting shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Well im happy with all the stuff they've shown. I don't mind the delays but I hope they have enough money to keep working on it till its done is some other producer helping support these delays?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By naz99

@dynamitecop said:

I not only don't see a well known or reliable source, I don't see anything said by Robert's that actually states it was pushed into 2017, sounds to me like a "journalist" reading into an interview with subjective analysis and speculating that the game is getting a delay.

Stop posting shit.

It was an in an interiew with a german magazine where he stated all missions and graphics of squadron 42 are complete but they need more time to polish and implement certain changes to the mechanics they are still bringing online, basically the game is nearly done but as usual everybody wants to come to their own conclusion and cry about it.

He never said the end of 2017 he said probably delayed till 2017, but you know how people love to jump on the rectionary bandwagon

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@naz99 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Stop posting shit.

It was an in an interiew with a german magazine where he stated all missions and graphics of squadron 42 are complete but they need more time to polish and implement certain mechanics they are still bringing online, basically the game is nearly done but as usual everybody wants to come to their own conclusion and cry about it.

He never said the end of 2017 he said probably delayed till 2017, but you know how people love to jump on the rectionary bandwagon

I already read everything there is surrounding this, he never stated anything about 2017, this is all speculative horse shit passed off as gaming journalism.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By naz99

@dynamitecop said:
@naz99 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Stop posting shit.

It was an in an interiew with a german magazine where he stated all missions and graphics of squadron 42 are complete but they need more time to polish and implement certain mechanics they are still bringing online, basically the game is nearly done but as usual everybody wants to come to their own conclusion and cry about it.

I already read everything there is surrounding this, he never stated anything about 2017, this is all speculative horse shit passed off as gaming journalism.

I'm going off a rough translation made by a complete stranger, maybe it wasn't totally accurate, i don't speak German so............. chill your beans?

It's not guaranteed but the assumption its delayed till 2017 seems to be an accurate one though, and is what most of us backers expected so its no suprise or dissapointment, not that it bothers me, i want it done once and done right. :)

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@naz99 said:

Yep first game ever to get delayed, its setting a dangerous precedent, its a shame all those 300+ qualified game developers are all scam artists and none of them actually love the job they do, i mean why would they want to make a a great game when they can just milk us right? /s

Obviously the games coming out and if it comes out by the end of 2017 then gues what!. its shoclkingly taking the same amount of time as other AAA games, i mean if thats not a reason to cry scam and that its never comiing out i don't know what is!, critical thinking for the win right guys?

And you know the funny thing, the development time will still be less than that of the Dad of Bore and Last Guardian. Hell Out of Order 800p had a much longer development cycle.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By naz99

@zeeshanhaider said:
@naz99 said:

And you know the funny thing, the development time will still be less than that of the Dad of Bore and Last Guardian. Hell Out of Order 800p had a much longer development cycle.

Its not even the bullshit about delays or misinformation that bothers me, its the constant comments from gamers about scams and them puposefully slowing down development to make more money that impliies that people that make these games we love , have no passion for it and are not proud of what they do, its all about making more money, its a cynical and sad view, and that they would rather have something out now and as soon as possible rather than allowing it enough time to be the best it can be.

The funny thing is you can bet these people will be the first to complain when it doesn't live up to what was promised if it was released sooner as a lesser game.

There are over 300 people making this game some amaziingly talented people from all over the industry like Naughty dog, Blizzrd ,Crytek aswell as films etc, plus all the people responsible for making some of the best space sims ever, people can keep their cynicism i'm excited as hell even 4 years after putting my money down, i will save my bitching and moaning for the time they ever do actually show they have failed, until then i'm wishing them all the best.

IMO.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

300 Staff, over 100 million budget. and its taken nearly 5 years at this point.

Those stats are roughly equal to GTA V development stats (although they had a lot less than 100m) so i'm expecting equal quality and longevity, if not then it was and always has been a scam

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@RedentSC said:

Those stats are roughly equal to GTA V development stats (although they had a lot less than 100m) so i'm expecting equal quality and longevity, if not then it was and always has been a scam

It would be a shitty scam. 300 employees that work in four offices and tons of contract work is not cheap. Chris can't be taking all of that 120 million home with him if he keeps spending it all on game development.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34693 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Or

You will never get the game you were hoping for. No Mans Sky>>>>Star Citizen. Fact.

It sounds like you're saying No Man's Sky is something people were hoping for.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

many people complain about microtansactions when its noting compare to selling fictional ships for 100000$.

game is scam at this point.

I agree my friend, an incredibly disgusting game.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Don't really care at this point, all I want is the game to be great and if that means it's delayed until Christmas 2018, so be it. I'll carry on having fun in the ever improving and expanding persistent universe.

Besides what kind of source is that? Looks like they've read between the lines of an interview on a completely different site, then said "screw that, let's just make shit up for clicks". Several of us on this site have stated many times that we fully expect Squadron 42 to be pushed into 2017, so you could just have picked a Star Citizen thread and used that as a source instead.

@ProtossRushX

Well im happy with all the stuff they've shown. I don't mind the delays but I hope they have enough money to keep working on it till its done is some other producer helping support these delays?

There's nothing to worry about on the funding side. As far as development budgets go they already are the fourth most expensive game ever made and unless Chris has been buying tropical islands, it's unlikely that they'll have burned through the cash they have just yet.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#23 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@samanthak said:

delays are good they can take as long as they need in my opinion.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@RedentSC said:

How can you get so much wrong in such a short post?

• Chris Roberts build the original promo trailer from 2011 to 2012. It was built in Unreal engine 3 and there is literally nothing left of it in the game today other than the base designs used for the Hornet, Scythe and Bengal carrier.
  • Initial funding goals were hit on 10/11/12. C.I.G. didn't instantly have 300 staff and 4 offices in 3 countries on that day, there were only 5 of them at the start.
  • Development of Star Citizen started in February 2013 when C.I.G. Austin opened (3 years 7 months ago)
  • Development of Squadron 42 started in September 2013 when Foundry 42 - Manchester opened (3 years almost to the day)
  • GTA V cost approximately $137 million to make and a marketing budget of $128 million, bringing it to a rough total of $265 million
  • Star Citizen has currently raised $122 million and has a tiny fraction of the marketing budget, yet they put out more insider information and updates on the game's development than any developer ever has for any game

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9874 Posts

@samanthak said:

Don't worry they will. LOL

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56260 Posts

A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad-Shigeru Miyamato.

I said it once in The Last Guardian thread and I'll say it again! Don't care. There is nothing in my life that requires I own any particular game at a given date. I just buy them when they are out and until I see an article of a game going gold, I always think it's delayed. (Such as Star Citizen/Squadron 42)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I was so excited for this game when I first heard about it years ago, but it has taken so long and still isn't close to being released that all of my hype for it is gone.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghosts4ever

@storm_of_swords said:

I was so excited for this game when I first heard about it years ago, but it has taken so long and still isn't close to being released that all of my hype for it is gone.

I was looking forward to this. I was hype for this at one point. but now i dont care anymore. I said there screw Chris roberts. that clown always talk about this and that but never bother to show a proper footage of a game that he is making since 2012. come on.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Nice shitposting with a link to a terrible article that doesn't even know how accurate its source is yet pulls assumptions out of its rear regardless.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Seems like the project is way too ambitious for its own good. Usually developers benefit from a release of a new IP to see what went wrong. And what can they improve. Along with bringing in a profit to fund their next game, and help keep the studio afloat.

And as time goes on, the pressure to achieve perfection becomes greater. Especially on PC, where gamers have high expectations for graphics and general performance. Which only grows as time goes on. The longer this game takes to release, the harder its going to be to impress that crowd.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@storm_of_swords said:

I was looking forward to this. I was hype for this at one point. but now i dont care anymore. I said there screw Chris roberts. that clown always talk about this and that but never bother to show a proper footage of a game that he is making since 2012. come on.

Misleading thread is misleading if you actually saw the interview they said most of SQ42 was done but hey whatever floats your boat when your source has nothing to suggest it will be delayed until the end of next year other than assumption.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wasdie  Moderator

It's funny to see so many people who don't follow the state of the game comment on it like they are experts.

If you've been following then Squadron 42 being delayed until 2017 has been a certain for the past few months. This isn't new or shocking. The large pieces of technology that some key breakthroughs early last year allowed the designers to overcome the only large scale bottleneck that remained. With that bottleneck no longer a factor, design changed.

The release date of Squadron 42 and Star Citizen is irrelevant with how open they are with what's going on in the studio. We know that they continue to increase the size of their studios, that the new development tools needed so that the designers can properly implement these technologies are coming online (allowing things like 3.0 demo to be a reality), and that they have a constant flow of content scheduled with proof of its existence.

If this was your normal publisher backed game then I would have written it off long ago. Fact is, development is funded and the developers keep a very open and transparent development policy so those interested in the state of the game can know pretty much exactly where it sits.

Ultimately you can make your posts about how the game is doomed and how we're all suckers and that changes nothing. Content will continue to be released regardless of unaffiliated people on the internet say.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@GarGx1: Star Citizen's first demo was not built on the Unreal 3 engine. It's always been a CryEngine title.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@samanthak said:

Neobone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Neobone2
Member since 2015 • 105 Posts

@RedentSC said:

No, GTA V development budget was 137 Mill. Dollar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

btw. in case of this game, you remember?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-v-release-delayed-on-pc-coming-to-xbox-one-and/1100-6422282/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5-pc-release-date-delayed-again/1100-6425490/

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Only failures wish failure upon others.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

SQ42 being pushed back to 2017 shouldn't surprise anyone...well..anyone that actually follows the game anyway.

Bring on the doom and gloom posts!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@stuff238 said:

trash game.

The jelly is strong with this one.

And let's not forget, there has not once been an official release date for anything. Just speculation on behalf of the developers when they "hope" it's done.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 foxhound_fox

@storm_of_swords said:

Three years is "so long"? Do you consider the Assassin's Creed release schedule slow as well?

The game already has enough released, playable content to justify a modern $60 AAA game, and it's still in Alpha. Whine more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

It's really not that deep. If the game is bad after the delay then you can be butthurt

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@storm_of_swords said:

Three years is "so long"? Do you consider the Assassin's Creed release schedule slow as well?

The game already has enough released, playable content to justify a modern $60 AAA game, and it's still in Alpha. Whine more.

It's been four years thus far, not three. And it will be at least five years or more before the game is finished.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

is anyone finding an actual source for this?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By foxhound_fox

@storm_of_swords said:

It's been four years thus far, not three. And it will be at least five years or more before the game is finished.

Production of the game proper started in 2013. It's 2016 now.

And how exactly do you know how long it's going to take to be done? Can I borrow that crystal ball so I can run some lottery numbers?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wasdie  Moderator
@storm_of_swords said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@storm_of_swords said:

And you're basing this on exactly what?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 foxhound_fox

@Wasdie said:
@storm_of_swords said:

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Wasdie  Moderator

@foxhound_fox said:
@Wasdie said:
@storm_of_swords said:

I'm more curious to know the "reasons" from somebody who is clearly misinformed and/or ignorant about the project.

It does usually end up like that GIF though.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

@lawlessx said:

is anyone finding an actual source for this?

Lol I just found it. It's in German though.

https://youtu.be/A2nQKp03DXA?t=365

I remember a thread about this interview on the rsi forum so I looked for that. The words come from a guy who interviewed Chris Roberts. I will mention that this guy is a writer for Gamestar so it's not some random dude. Apparently all Chris Roberts actually said was that they're currently working on AI, that changes to the fps lead them to having to adjust the AI again, but he (Chris Roberts) still hopes they can get the game out this year. That's literally it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Here come the know it all haters.

Anyone following SQ42 knew it would get delayed to 2017. This comes as no surprise to backers like myself. I'll be patiently waiting for the game's release while I enjoy Alpha 3.0. I don't know why people get mad about delays. I'd rather have a good delayed game than a shitty rushed one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Or

... check the gamescom demos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

wow that source is absolute garbage.

why post it here ?