Splatoon will be the 4th retail game Wii U has had all year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sylveon128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Sylveon128
Member since 2015 • 99 Posts

@DocSanchez: Nintendo defense force lol I see a lot of Sony,Microsoft,and PC defense force as well. I bought a wifi u because I like gameplay instead of movie lol. Yes I know they don't have 3rd party or good online and it is sad but their games have been great I I so I don't see why just because they have less games than competition does not make the games that they are making bad like someone said quality over quantity just like Sony fans said when PS3 lost to the wii.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#152 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Seabas989 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Mmhmm, the gamergate shit is gross as ****. Releasing personal information, death threats, complete denial of reality, shit is mad scust.

Anyway I apologize if I ever said Nintendo fanboys are the worst, you are right they are all pretty bad, it's just that in these conversations sometimes you just put your hands up and say "god damn you nintendo apologists are fucking stupid".

Just read Skip Bayless's twitter responses lol. Sports fans make fanboys, perverts, and radical feminists look like saints (especially if you go to any Sporting events with alcohol).

I avoid skip, but everynow and then I end up listening to Mike Franscesa on radio, holy shit some people.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#153 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: For the past year or two, it has factual basis. I have no reason to buy a PS4 or Xbox One when there is a major overlap between it and a PC (which can easily crush them in power, eg Project Cars).

I thought the Wii U was a great purchase, I had a blast with Black Ops 2 as a launch game. The community was small, but dedicated. Two years later, the library it currently has still justifies my purchase. Whether you think any game in the library is worth playing is up to you, but the point being, think for yourself before making a purchase.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@sylveon128: Bloodborne is one of the purest, old fashioned gameplay concentrated games going. The cinematic thing is just yet another short sighted bollocks Nintendo Defense League argument because Nintendo don't put out any games that concentrate on realism.

EbolaRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 EbolaRising
Member since 2015 • 30 Posts

And the Xbox One has only had 2 so far. TWO. 2 retail exclusives. One of them is also on the 360 and the other is an HD remaster.

Hell, I'd say the Wii U is doing okay in the exclusives department right now, but the Xbox One is pathetic...

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 DocSanchez

@ebolarising said:

And the Xbox One has only had 2 so far. TWO. 2 retail exclusives. One of them is also on the 360 and the other is an HD remaster.

Hell, I'd say the Wii U is doing okay in the exclusives department right now, but the Xbox One is pathetic...

The only thing that matters, the only thing at all, is the overall library. It doesn't matter to a gamer whether a game is first or third party, as long as they get to play it.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@bobrossperm: All us Nintendo fans know we cant keep up for long and soon Xbox One and PS4 will speed off. But right now Nintendo is doing fine standing in the ring. We know they aren't PS4 and Xbox, we know they wont get certain games, but by that time we will be moving on to the next console anyways. We might play some PS4, PC, and Xbox while we wait, but we will be leaving this train and jumping to the next.

You can't be saying that with a straight face. There is no way in hell someone can be serious with such a comment. The Wii U is getting decimated anyway you paint it and if future Nintendo consoles continue the current (20 yr it seems) strategy, you'll be sitting on the same exact train with oblivion as the destination.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@Solaryellow: Gaming is slowly changing, Nintendo is setting itself up nicely for the future. I think the future will be Nintendo, GOG, Steam etc. If Microsoft and Sony can survive then more power to them, but i dont think they will last long. They are making themselves too much a one trick pony company. All Nintendo needs to do in the future is same thing it does now, support itself cause others are scared of competition. Let the competition come to you, no need to go chasing competition.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Solaryellow

@iandizion713:

Gamers are quickly passing Nintendo by in favor of these "one trick" ponies. Unfortunately the Wii U is poised at becoming the worst home console released by Nintendo and compared to other failures in the gaming market, it will rank close to the top.

CleanB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 CleanB
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

@DocSanchez: Overall library is only important to those who only have one system. For someone who owns say a PS4 and Xbox One, exclusives will matter very much indeed. Same for a PS4/Wii U combo. Any gamer worth his/her salt owns more than one current system.

@GreySeal9 said:
@Shinobishyguy said:

Jesus the nostalgia goggles are on tight, the camera in mario 64 is absolute ass. half of the time you can't even get a good view of the direction you need to jump in and other times it gets stuck behind walls

Indeed.

Agreed. Mario 64 is trash compared to more modern Mario games and to think otherwise is pure nostalgia and talking out of one's own ass.

EbolaRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By EbolaRising
@DocSanchez said:
@ebolarising said:

The only thing that matters, the only thing at all, is the overall library. It doesn't matter to a gamer whether a game is first or third party, as long as they get to play it.

What you say is true, but my point is that the Xbox One has only had two exclusives out this year so far, which aren't even really exclusive to the console. That's pretty bad. When a system that has already flopped in sales is getting more first party exclusives than you since the start of the the new year, you should really put some scoot in your boot and put out some decent first party games.

This has always been Microsoft's problem. A lack of first party software. And it doesn't help that they release most of their games in the Fall and only like... one game within the first 2-3 months of the new year.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#162  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

If overall Library matters to ya'll so much why aren't you PC gamers?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 iandizion713

@Solaryellow said:

@iandizion713:

Gamers are quickly passing Nintendo by in favor of these "one trick" ponies. Unfortunately the Wii U is poised at becoming the worst home console released by Nintendo and compared to other failures in the gaming market, it will rank close to the top.

Wii U will be treated just like N64 and Gamecube was, a straight gem. People still refuse to let go of the Gamecube controller and look at that consoles sales. Nintendo will never die. They will just keep creating game engines to help inspire the gaming industry like they always do. Everyone wants to know what will NintendoNext.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Poor Wii U. Its really an underrated console. Too bad no one actually gives it a chance.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 DocSanchez

@ebolarising: If what I say is true, it completely negates anything else you have to say on the matter. Xbox hasn't only had two games out this year, and that's the end of it. Those playing Witcher aren't enjoying it less because it's on a different console.

So what I say is true, and that's therefore the end of it.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 LegatoSkyheart

@DocSanchez said:

@ebolarising: If what I say is true, it completely negates anything else you have to say on the matter. Xbox hasn't only had two games out this year, and that's the end of it. Those playing Witcher aren't enjoying it less because it's on a different console.

He didn't say it only had 2 games you ninny.

He said there's only 2 exclusive games. (which is still wrong, but I get what he's saying)

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 DocSanchez

@CleanB: I pour scorn on the second console cop out argument. Don't make me die laughing. The presence of a ps4 is not an argument in favor of the Wii U.

Here's the only necessary fact here: Xbox hasn't only had two games out this year. Any games available elsewhere are completely irrelevant to a gamer who wants the games and has a Xbox to play them on.

Either defend the Wii u or don't. Don't bring up another console like it's an argument in favor of the Wii u, it's not. It's a laughable concept.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 jg4xchamp

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I am a PC gamer, what's your fucking point?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 LegatoSkyheart

@jg4xchamp said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

I Just think it's silly to use that argument against the WiiU.

The Size of the Library should rather be irrelevant. Wii had a shit ton of games, but a large amount of them sucked.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 DocSanchez

@LegatoSkyheart: . Don't join a conversation half way through without actually reading it, "you ninny" (really?)

I am saying exclusives don't matter to a gamer. The overall library is all that does. Saying Xbox only has two exclusives out this year is irrelevant. Misleading. Attempting to put it on the same disastrous plateau as Wii u with its 4 games in total. A gamer doesn't care when he's playing witcher 3 whether it's exclusive or not. Xbox could have had 250 games out, and one exclusive. Bad year for it? Course not, because all that matters is the library.

I've acknowledged he was talking about exclusives. I shot it down as the piece of disingenuous reaching it was and I explained why.

MetalGearJoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By MetalGearJoel
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

Sheep just play the same 5 games over and over anyways for their Wii U.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 jg4xchamp

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I Just think it's silly to use that argument against the WiiU.

The Size of the Library should rather be irrelevant. Wii had a shit ton of games, but a large amount of them sucked.

There is plenty of merit to that argument, the biggest one being.

The exclusives make up a handful of releases in a given year at most, rarely more than that. You are left with less options, it is what it is. And when you throw in a behind the curve online, the fact that Nintendo themselves have made exactly one new ip for this device, they are in long running franchise that for some people have gotten a bit long in the tooth, and they miss out on a wide variety of games is totally valid to knock that system for.

The PS4 and Xbox One only look weak because of PC gamings sheer excellence, but the WiiU looks poor in the library department against any of them. You have to take games away from the PS4 and Xbox One to make the WiiU look better. That by itself should be all that should ever be said, you don't have to take away games from the PS4 or X1 to highlight the PC's superiority. The PS4 and X1 crowd don't have to take games away from the WiiU or each other to diss each console. They will sure, herpa derp another mario, i don't play kiddy games, lolillplayitonpc, but realistically speaking those other systems can actually match up in a discussion.

Plus there is this weirdo myth "if you're a gamer you have multiple systems", even as an enthusiast you will get plenty of gaming from just a PC. Between these 3 consoles I miss out on 2 great games in Bloodborne and Bayonetta 2, everything else so far with the exception of Wonderful 101 was a bunch of a good games, but more of shit I already had played plenty. There are plenty of other options on the PC, and if keep going down that path the PS4 crowd has hardly had a shortage of games to try over the past year.

Alien Isolation? pretty cool, a little long in the tooth, but a cool game. What's the WiiU's horror game from last year? Oh nothing
Wolfenstein: The New Order? pretty cool game, solid gun mecahnics, dual wielding autoshotguns. What was the WiiU's quality FPS last year? Oh right nothing
Dying Light? pretty neat game from what I got to try, decent mixture of mechanics, and I like the day and night cycle? what's the quality open world game for the WiiU? oh right nothing
Witcher 3...

I think that point covers itself, because I could keep going as some of us don't have this illusion that only Nintendo makes good games. More to it what's Nintendo's excuse for such a poor outing with indie titles? Because Microsoft are straight assholes but they get those, and Sony out right funds them. Where is Nintendo's effort in that department. Shovel Knight was pretty fucking rad, so was Runner 2, hell this year the best received game that system got that isn't dlc or a port of a game the other systems already had is Affordable Space Adventure. The least Nintendo could do is get more of that for instance.

CleanB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 CleanB

@DocSanchez said:

@CleanB: I pour scorn on the second console cop out argument. Don't make me die laughing. The presence of a ps4 is not an argument in favor of the Wii U.

Here's the only necessary fact here: Xbox hasn't only had two games out this year. Any games available elsewhere are completely irrelevant to a gamer who wants the games and has a Xbox to play them on.

Either defend the Wii u or don't. Don't bring up another console like it's an argument in favor of the Wii u, it's not. It's a laughable concept.

It's your view point that's totally laughable. Also, I perfectly well did state an irrefutable argument in favor of the Wii U: exclusives. Your little Xbox One doesn't hold a candle in that department, hence your goalpost moving nonsense about "overall library" that doesn't hold water.

Xbox One sucks in comparison to Wii U. The worst available buggy third party ports don't change that fact. Come back in a year or so and maybe then you can say Xbox One has a better library, but now it flat out sucks to be an Xbox One only system owner.

Sylveon128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Sylveon128
Member since 2015 • 99 Posts

@DocSanchez: lol ok and what about the rest lol movies and I hear the same tired argument from Nintendo haters and I don't care if you don't like them but get a life and stop talking about how bad they are 24/7 oh and I have all systems and I like ps2 better than 3 and 4. I also like original Xbox better than 360 and Xbox 1 so I am not a fanboy like you but I am a fan. I play games for gameplay and also because it is not realistic lol if I want that I will go outside or watch a real movie so stop being songs butt kisser.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 jg4xchamp

@CleanB said:
@DocSanchez said:

It's your view point that's totally laughable. Also, I perfectly well did state an irrefutable argument in favor of the Wii U: exclusives. Your little Xbox One doesn't hold a candle in that department, hence your goalpost moving nonsense about "overall library" that doesn't hold water.

Xbox One sucks in comparison to Wii U. The worst available buggy third party ports don't change that fact. Come back in a year or so and maybe then you can say Xbox One has a better library, but now it flat out sucks to be an Xbox One only system owner.

In what way? Because last I checked

Shadow of Mordor isn't buggy, Rayman Legends isn't buggy, Ori and the Blind Forest isn't buggy, neither is Transistor, Valient Hearts, Witcher 3, Child of Light, Titanfall, Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Mortal Kombat X, Shovel Knight, Dragon Age Inquisition, Stealth Inc 2, Geometry Wars 3, Alien Isolation, Wolfenstein The New Order, The Evil Within, Project Cars, Super Time Force, Trials Fusion, Guacamelee, Outlast, Life is Strange, Volgar The Viking, or quite a few more if I wanted to keep going. Seems like that platform owner had plenty of good games to play that weren't buggy, and while we're at it a good chunk of them not being "movie games".

Docs point of a WiiU owner needing a PS4, X1, or PC holds

Because an X1, PS4, or PC owner, doesn't actually need one of the others to get a consistent stream of games.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#176 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

lol the bait in here is ridiculous.

CleanB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By CleanB

The Sony and Microsoft apologists on this board are pathetic. Defending and making excuses for remasters, almost no worthwhile exclusives and awful third party ports while paying monthly online fees, paying for hardened editions and season passes is utterly ridiculous.

Nintendo is the last bastion of hope for true consoles and games. Keep fighting for your wanna be PCs that do the games much more poorly than PCs do, yet require the same amount of trouble to set up and maintain these days.

It's like Stockholm Syndrome up in this bitch. Get help while you still can you pathetic victims.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#178 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@trollhunter2 said:
@Seabas989 said:

I haven't played 3D World yet (from what I heard it's great but not as great as the galaxy games) but I can name a bunch of 3D platformers that are better then SM64. Hell I'm replaying it again lately and the camera is shit and the controls feel stiff. I will say that the music is pretty good.

I also think it's a waste of time to determine who the worst fanboy group is. I have been in SWs and the internet to see that all four of them have their idiots. Just read the comments section of any exclusive title review on youtube.

TP's was the most hilarious but I recall: Lemmings getting mad over a 9/10 for Bioshock 1, Cows getting mad over R&C TOD review, TLOU (almsot as bad as TP), cows going insane at GT for giving GOTY to MW2 instead of UC2, sheep getting mad over Skyward Sword (although not as strong a reaction as TLOU and TP), cows getting mad over KZ2 getting a 5/5 at X-Play (lol), sheep still getting mad at Yahtzee, etc, etc, etc. Hell I've seen damage control over obvious shitty press conferences.

Anyways lol Wii U. That's been the norm since the thing launched.

nope. Still to this day, there is no platformer(or game in general) with more fluid controls than Super Mario 64. Mario is doing some parkour stuff in the game easily. Neither Galaxy nor 3D world/land gave the same movement options. Hell options were even taken out in later iterations for no reason :(

Prince of Persia 08, Ape Escape, Banjo Kazooie...

But back to Mario. I can't speak for 3D World but you do realize that in SMG2 there is parkour? Furthermore the level design is top notch in both Galaxy games whereas as others mentioned SM64 is spent more time creaing a 3D space. Thus, SM64's overall design is bad, especially to tis 2D parents and grandparents, and its children SMG and SMG2.

I honestly think people that are defending Sm64 are simply copy/pasting from that matthewmatosis review of the 3D Mario titles. I liked his reviews too but he spends way too much complaining about hub worlds and SM64 design. SMG's design fits more with the 2D titles and the 2D titles easily destroy SM64. Compare Good Egg Galaxy to the first couple levels of SM64 and good Egg Galaxy destroys them.

Either way from that era, Ape Escape easily surpassed SM64.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Solaryellow

@iandizion713 said:

Wii U will be treated just like N64 and Gamecube was, a straight gem. People still refuse to let go of the Gamecube controller and look at that consoles sales. Nintendo will never die. They will just keep creating game engines to help inspire the gaming industry like they always do. Everyone wants to know what will NintendoNext.

The N64 and GCN are treated as gems by the diehard faithful. Most other people can recognize why they both failed compared with the competition. Not taking anything away from the controller but I would have used just about anything besides the wiimote and nunchuk. The GCN controller is used with ONE game this Nintendo generation and still requires a unicorn-like adapter. Years down the road people will not be trying to get a Wii U gamepad to game on.

Nintendo isn't relevant these days in terms of consoles. People are speaking loudly with their wallets and even with lowered prices and packed in games, people still overwhelmingly choose the higher priced competition. Please realize people are laughing at Nintendo and not with Nintendo. The faithful are decreasing in numbers and moving onto greener pastures. The grass is indeed greener on the other side.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 jg4xchamp

@CleanB said:

The Sony and Microsoft apologists on this board are pathetic. Defending and making excuses for remasters, almost no worthwhile exclusives and awful third party ports while paying monthly online fees, paying for hardened editions and season passes is utterly ridiculous.

Nintendo is the last bastion of hope for true consoles and games. Keep fighting for your wanna be PCs that do the games much more poorly than PCs do, yet require the same amount of trouble to set up and maintain these days.

It's like Stockholm Syndrome up in this bitch. Get help while you still can you pathetic victims.

No one name dropped a remaster, and none of the third party ports were "awful" considering they worked perfectly fine. 30 frames maybe, but it would have been that way on any console, and yeah in the Xbox One's case a lower resolution.

No one is forced to actually pay for hardened editions or season passes, because you can speak with your wallet and not buy them. Just like I don't pay for Nintendo's shitty ass dlc.

Likewise Nintendo's isn't the last bastion for shit other than Nintendo's shit. They aren't the ones doing more for indie games in the console space that's Sony, and shit that's Microsoft too. They don't do more for third party developers, they don't even do more for Japanese developers as it'll be Square and Capcom's best interest to actually work on the PS4 or PS4 and Xbox One, with some PC thrown in. So what is Nintendo actually a last bastion for? Their "true gaming machine" gets less you know games then the competition, the thing a true gaming machine should get.

If there is stockholm syndrome it's from the Nintendo crowd. 4 straight generations of getting less than the competition has made you think that it's okay when you get less than the competition.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I almost feel bad for Nintendo. Almost. If they weren't so arrogant and willfully oblivious I may give my sympathies.

how is nintendo more arrogant that microsoft? i don't see it microsoft charged 500 dollars forced kinect, made ppl use aa batteries and buy proprietary headsets, they also release broken games like MCC and say oops aftewords how the **** is nintendo on that level i dont see it mirko i dont see it at all

i see sony delivering an being nice i see nintendo doing that only arrogant person i seen is microsoft with dan mattrick in his crew the guy on twitter telling us stfu an deal with the xbox one thats the only one i heard being arrogant

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#182 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Pretty excited

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@Puckhog04: that's bullshit. No way is Kirby Triple Deluxe, Pokemon X and Y, Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario Sticker Star, etc. any indication of guaranteed quality. They're as fallible as any other developer.

Just about as close as you can get. All of those were good titles. Maybe not "THE BEST GAME EVER" like their Ocarina of Time, but all are quality titles. Unless their Spinoffs. Their original titles are usually all phenomenal. That Paper Mario Sticker Star I have never even heard of. I'm fairly certain that wasn't a hugely hyped title. Just saying. And I don't really understand the hostility. Calm down lol.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By iandizion713

@jg4xchamp said:
@CleanB said:

No one name dropped a remaster, and none of the third party ports were "awful" considering they worked perfectly fine. 30 frames maybe, but it would have been that way on any console, and yeah in the Xbox One's case a lower resolution.

No one is forced to actually pay for hardened editions or season passes, because you can speak with your wallet and not buy them. Just like I don't pay for Nintendo's shitty ass dlc.

Likewise Nintendo's isn't the last bastion for shit other than Nintendo's shit. They aren't the ones doing more for indie games in the console space that's Sony, and shit that's Microsoft too. They don't do more for third party developers, they don't even do more for Japanese developers as it'll be Square and Capcom's best interest to actually work on the PS4 or PS4 and Xbox One, with some PC thrown in. So what is Nintendo actually a last bastion for? Their "true gaming machine" gets less you know games then the competition, the thing a true gaming machine should get.

If there is stockholm syndrome it's from the Nintendo crowd. 4 straight generations of getting less than the competition has made you think that it's okay when you get less than the competition.

They are the last hope for regulating the gaming industry. Nintendo drives the gaming industry. All game developers who create their own game engines drive this industry, its how it will always be. Its why Valve, Blizzard, Nintendo, etc are Gaming Gods.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 jg4xchamp
@iandizion713 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

They are the last hope for regulating the gaming industry. Nintendo drives the gaming industry. All game developers who create their own game engines drive this industry, its how it will always be. Its why Valve, Blizzard, Nintendo, etc are Gaming Gods.

Fantastic, every now and then Nintendo will make some land mark achievement, in between all that you will need games from all the other great developers to actually provide you shit to actually play.

"create their own game engines" Bioshock and Arkham Asylum were made on Unreal Engine 3, and they were plenty influential as games this previous generation, so that mantra is flawed in this era. Plus at the end of the day the engine doesn't matter as much as the quality of the game being made, and there is plenty of quality being made by developers that aren't Nintendo, Valve, and Blizzard. At the least Blizzard and Valve are willing to do new things and keep up with the rest of the industry though.

CleanB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 CleanB

@ProtossX said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I almost feel bad for Nintendo. Almost. If they weren't so arrogant and willfully oblivious I may give my sympathies.

how is nintendo more arrogant that microsoft? i don't see it microsoft charged 500 dollars forced kinect, made ppl use aa batteries and buy proprietary headsets, they also release broken games like MCC and say oops aftewords how the **** is nintendo on that level i dont see it mirko i dont see it at all

i see sony delivering an being nice i see nintendo doing that only arrogant person i seen is microsoft with dan mattrick in his crew the guy on twitter telling us stfu an deal with the xbox one thats the only one i heard being arrogant

This. ^ Microsoft is THE MOST ARROGANT GAMING COMPANY IN EXISTENCE. This is irrefutable. They make a system that forces Kinect, forces daily check-ins with mandatory internet requirements, cost more money than the competition while offering less. Then they do a complete 180 from the backlash and Sony showing them up.

Now they offer the worst multiplats, buggy and broken limited exclusives, aa batteries for the controller etc.

Yet we still see droves of xbots defending everything they do. That's why Microsoft gets away with murder, selling high amounts of Xbox Ones despite all the negativity and lack of concern for their user base.

EbolaRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 EbolaRising

@DocSanchez said:

No, nothing has been negated. I said it has only had 2 exclusive retail games released this year. While its true that the overall library (including multiplats) is important, my point remains that Xbox One has had little in the way of retail exclusives released.

Your argument is basically "all games matter, your point is invalid!"

Let me break this down for you. If every single game was multiplat, what would be the purpose in buying multiple consoles? You would just get one and stick with it.

Whats going to make someone want to buy a PS4? Exclusives. What's going to make people want to buy a Wii U? Exclusives. What's going to make people want to buy an Xbox One? Exclusives.

This year, the Xbox One has had very few released. THAT is my point. So no, nothing you have said has negated anything I have said. My point stands. Xbox One has had very few RETAIL EXCLUSIVES released this year. That much is absolutely true. And this is due to Microsoft's mediocre first party support and terrible release schedule.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Well yeah, when your system has zero retail third party, that's a normal number. lol

That's really terrible but when I look at the amount of games I want to play on WiiU, I think it's still worth a purchase.

CleanB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 CleanB

@ebolarising: Those guys are pure trolls who wrap themselves in virtual reality. In the real world, gamers know Nintendo consoles are only for first and second party offerings. They also know that multiplatform games are always best on PC, so arguing over doo doo that Sony and Microsoft systems get pointless.

EbolaRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By EbolaRising

@CleanB said:

@ebolarising: Those guys are pure trolls who wrap themselves in virtual reality. In the real world, gamers know Nintendo consoles are only for first and second party offerings. They also know that multiplatform games are always best on PC, so arguing over doo doo that Sony and Microsoft systems get pointless.

Exactly. Wii U third party support is practically non-existent, but the first party software is great. I bought a Wii U for Pikmin 3, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker HD.

What console did I get my third party games on? PS4, which also had a pretty good selection of first party games I wanted to play. I like Bloodborne, inFamous, The Last of Us and Killzone.

I got an Xbox One for The Master Chief Collection, which 3Fail3 Industries fucked up big time. What else is available? Forza Horizon 2 which is great (also on 360) and Sunset Overdrive. That's really it. Other than that, what else has the Xbox One had that is so worthy of a purchase? Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are on PC... So what else? What should a gamer buy an Xbox One for if the first party support currently blows and third party games could be played on another console brand where first party support has always been stronger?

CleanB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 CleanB

@ebolarising: Much the same for me: I have a PS4 for all multiplats, and I also own a Xbox One but it has almost nothing to play, but Wii U has the great games of this gen and that's so overlooked on this board because blind fanboys are defending their system with nothing to play so they spend all day on System Wars lying to themselves and others.

In the real world it goes like this:

PS4 for good first party support and the best versions of console multiplats.

Wii U for the best exclusives and the rare Japanese third party exclusive.

Xbox One just for Microsoft exclusives, as limited as they are.

PC for exclusives and best overall multiplats, more indies and best hardware for highest quality, high end games.

Those clowns arguing robotic comparisons between Wii U and Xbox One, PS4 and PC total libraries aren't living in everyone else's reality, and it shows.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#192 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

I just play Smash Bros so Wii U is totally worth it.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#193 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@2Chalupas said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I just feel bad for Nintendo fans, I used to be one. I don't feel bad for the people that STILL try to defend the nonsense. They deserve what they receive LOL.

It's amazing to me Iwata still has a job, basically 2 years after he set an ultimatum about Wii-U and failed. Didn't he basically say he would resign at one point? Maybe Amiibo profits have appeased shareholders somewhat. But I don't see what it does for gamers.

I was a huge nintendo fan until the wii. Regretting buying the wii and will never buy another nintendo console until they change their direction. It's always long droughts, rehash franchises, and a joke of an online structure on nintendo platforms. Iwata sucks but they still love him

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

The thing is Nintendo games last a lot longer than the average ps4/ xb1 games. They tend to offer more content and the games have high replay value. Especially given Sony's recent blunder, The Order, which was less than 5 hours long with no multiplayer, lol. Besides the wrpgs, most games on the twins are a one done deal which is not good in terms of value imo.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 jg4xchamp

I love how in this thread name dropping other systems and using their advantages is the way to go to downplay the Xbox One, because you know damn well it can't be done with just the WiiU. Congrats you moved to a still shitty, but not as shitty third place thanks to the other systems existing.

@Ghost120x said:

The thing is Nintendo games last a lot longer than the average ps4/ xb1 games. They tend to offer more content and the games have high replay value. Especially given Sony's recent blunder, The Order, which was less than 5 hours long with no multiplayer, lol. Besides the wrpgs, most games on the twins are a one done deal which is not good in terms of value imo.

Why compare it to just the average game and not the good games?

Replay value is subjective, and more content would be factually incorrect.

Shooterwise Splatoon is below the curve at this point as Titanfall, Battlefield 4, and Evolve all launched with more content and features than Splatoon did as multiplayer games. Last I checked Bloodborn (not a wstern rpg) isn't exactly short, neither is The Witcher 3, neither was Dragon Age Inquisition. Alien Isolation (not a western rpg) and The Evil Within (not a western rpg) weren't exactly 5 hour roller coaster movie games, Wolfenstein (not a western rpg) didn't fit that bill either. Rayman Legends (not a western rpg) wasn't exactly short. Far Cry 4 (not a western rpg) isn't exactly short. Dying Light (not a western rpg)isn't exactly fitting the bill.

Even their budget shit like Captain Toad is a puzzle game that is barely longer than Fez or The Swapper, at twice the price.

Nintendo's best stuff is definitely quality, no one disputed (maybe how good they actually are, but the bottom line result was the games are good sans a few exceptions), but they aren't more content rich, they are not the only developer who is gameplay first, they aren't the only games built on replay value, they aren't the only ones making platformers, they aren't the only ones that make polished games, and lets be real they aren't the only ones actually doing fresh things.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Why compare it to just the average game and not the good games?

Replay value is subjective, and more content would be factually incorrect.

Shooterwise Splatoon is below the curve at this point as Titanfall, Battlefield 4, and Evolve all launched with more content and features than Splatoon did as multiplayer games. Last I checked Bloodborn (not a wstern rpg) isn't exactly short, neither is The Witcher 3, neither was Dragon Age Inquisition. Alien Isolation (not a western rpg) and The Evil Within (not a western rpg) weren't exactly 5 hour roller coaster movie games, Wolfenstein (not a western rpg) didn't fit that bill either. Rayman Legends (not a western rpg) wasn't exactly short. Far Cry 4 (not a western rpg) isn't exactly short. Dying Light (not a western rpg)isn't exactly fitting the bill.

Even their budget shit like Captain Toad is a puzzle game that is barely longer than Fez or The Swapper, at twice the price.

Nintendo's best stuff is definitely quality, no one disputed (maybe how good they actually are, but the bottom line result was the games are good sans a few exceptions), but they aren't more content rich, they are not the only developer who is gameplay first, they aren't the only games built on replay value, they aren't the only ones making platformers, they aren't the only ones that make polished games, and lets be real they aren't the only ones actually doing fresh things.

Replay value subjective? Sure, but lets be real here. Even if you try to go for a platinum trophy in the typical 5 hour roller coaster game, it wouldn't add up to the hours of play time in a game like super smash bros, but of course that's a fighting game. Most of the games you listed were multiplats by the way which there is no denying that Nintendo has a problem in that regard.

But on the first party font neither of the twins has yet to offer content rich games. Should they be in a similar situation they would barley survive on their first party like Nintendo has. Nintendo is not the only good dev to there but they are the among the top and I can say that with confidence.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Nintendo is arrogant because they still believe they are capable of dictating which way this industry goes based upon their moves. They say they don't care what their competitors are doing, essentially in doing so dismissing and belittling their progress that's far exceeded Nintendo's (and consequently, all gamers who desire such progress like gamers who want online), because they truly think they know better. That's arrogant. They also continually screw their customers over with their digital account systems, expecting them to re-buy the same games, over and over on different systems. They've attempted to sell the U's hardware, 8 YEAR old tech, for a ridiculous price point in comparison to what the others offered for just a little bit more. Cheap tech gamepads are very expensive to buy, repairing them the same, there's 2 other controller types. These extra expenses comes with with weak to non-existent third party support, weak online, pathetic digital policies, a crap virtual console, and constant droughts to boot.

And why will the customer go to the bother given all these problems, Nintendo thinks? Because they're Nintendo. Arrogance.

MS and Sony may be arrogant, but it pales in comparison to Nintendo's level of hubris that's turned downright ugly. Where do you think this whole "we really don't care or pay attention about anything" sentiment from them comes from? In business, that's nothing but a statement of a breathtaking degree of arrogance, and it's grown to the point that it's hurting them. At least Sony and MS are willing to look around to see what everyone else is doing. Nintendo's so arrogant that it's precluding them from changing. MS dropped the Kinect after hearing the outcry, and Sony quickly was humbled by their missteps with the PS3 and took quick action to rectify it. Nintendo? Nope. It's in their DNA, the success of the Wii and DS really got to their head (just like PS2 did with Sony) and now have them delusionally still believing they are leading this industry even when they're struggling.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

How realistic would it be to expect a new console announcement from Nintendo this year?

In my opinion it has to be either that or else they need to plan a strategy on how to increase 1st Party games being released and 3rd Party support..

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#199  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

1. yes, obviously the Wii U is struggling and they need to get their shit together on the third party side of things. Despite that, between first party, retail eShop, virtual console, etc. I've had no issue getting usage out of my Wii U and there's still probably stuff I've missed out on or haven't started yet (still haven't tried out Pikmin 3 yet despite buying it a while ago). Of course there's some nice looking stuff I'm looking forward too as well. Splatoon, Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda U, maybe Mario Maker and Devil's third depending on how those turn out, and an amazing-looking beautiful HD Metroid that will totally be announced on the Wii U this E3 (...oh god, please). It does help that some of the games That I have played are freaking great and offered some great replay value (Bayo 2, Wonderful 101, Shovel Knight, MK8 and Smash 4, I actually bothered myself to complete everything Tropical freeze and I'm never fucking doing that again, as much as I loved the game)

So yeah, the Wii U's overall game library is objectively weaker and smaller compared the other 2 and all blah blah blah. I don't think that makes it bad in itself though. just like I wouldn't act like winning 1,000,000 would be bad in and of itself even if it's weak compared to winning 2,000,000 million dollars or 4,000,000 million dollars.

2. Mario 64 Is alright. Played the game on my Wii U recently and definitely found the camera to be a humongous pain in the ass. It's been a little while since since I played 3D World but I don't recall getting as annoyed by that game's camera anywhere near as much as I did in 64. Also holy crap did Mario 64 have some annoying levels/missions. if there's one thing I give Mario 64 though is that I loved it for its feeling of adventure and discovery and having some kinda neat secrets and all that. Give me the feeling that Mario 64 gave while giving us the improved camera and controls of recent Mario games and that would be a match made in heaven.

3.. All fanboys are shit. Comparing which are worse is like comparing which pile of shit is smellier. yeah, maybe one is less smelly than the others, but its still smelly and disgusting. that being said I really haven't seen that many more nintendrones compared to drones of Sony or MS. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places? I've certainly seen Nintendo get praised and shit on plenty of times in my foruming experience, whether that praise/shit be warranted or not, or whether it be from alleged fanboys/haters. Same thing with Sony and MS.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 DocSanchez

@CleanB: So, two things.

One, I don't own an xbox one. So hilarity there. Two, you've completely changed the subject, changed direction, and are now just throwing a strop by slagging off the xbox without any reason, facts, or relevance to the wii u having a massive drought this year.