Spider-Man 2: 8/10 GS, 90MC UPDATE: 5 million copies over 10 days!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45120 Posts

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 is an upcoming action-adventure game developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. Based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man, it features a narrative inspired by the long-running comic book mythology while also deriving from various adaptations in other media. It is the third entry in the Marvel's Spider-Man series, acting as a sequel to Marvel's Spider-Man(2018) and a follow-up to Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (2020), with Peter Parker and Miles Moralesstruggling to navigate the next steps in their personal lives while combatting an assortment of villains. Among them including a private militia led by mercenary Kraven the Hunter, the monstrous Lizard, and the extraterrestrial Venom symbiote, which bonds itself to Parker and negatively influences him, threatening to destroy his personal relationships.

Gameplay builds on the foundation established by its predecessors, with an emphasis on the multiple playstyles afforded by Peter Parker and Miles Morales as their respective Spider-Men. The game expands on their existing traversal and combat abilities, including new web-based gadgets and suits that can be unlocked through progressing the story, as well as introducing the former Spider-Man's symbiote suit, granting Parker completely unique abilities from his previous playable appearance. As with the prior games, content outside the main story route consists of completing side-missions and obtaining collectibles dispersed throughout the game's open world sandbox, with the player able to switch between Parker and Morales to complete dedicated objectives for each of them.

Spider-Man 2 is almost here! What are you score predictions? I will say 9/10 GS, 87 MC.

UPDATE:

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

8/9 GS and mid 80's MC. Hoping they change up variety with side content or that might impact the score.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6051 Posts

I dislike everything to do with "superheroes" so it's a don't care/10.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Only one week away now! Woo hoo!

Very much looking forward to this game. Going to say:

9/10 - GS

89 - MC

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7204 Posts

9/10 GS
88 MC

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12960 Posts

9/10 GS

86 Opencritic

I have it set to Auto-Download so I am ALL SET!!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@kvallyx said:

9/10 GS

86 Opencritic

you like Sony games?? 😱

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#8 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Never played a Spider-Man game since the Xbox 360 days,not sure how it differs from the Sony’s versions PS4/PS5? I’m sure it’ll score well,Sony seems to have good exclusives.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7204 Posts

@brimmul777: Ive been playing the first Spider-man on PS4. It takes getting use to with the combat. I dont even look at the eniemes, i just stare at Spidey the whole times while fighting.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

8/10 on gs. Force me at gunpoint to play it, and i would tell you to **** off. I am as excited for this release as i am for an ubisoft game lol.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KvallyX

@SolidGame_basic said:
@kvallyx said:

9/10 GS

86 Opencritic

you like Sony games?? 😱

Since the PS1 debuted!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KvallyX
@hardwenzen said:

8/10 on gs. Force me at gunpoint to play it, and i would tell you to **** off. I am as excited for this release as i am for an ubisoft game lol.

Spider-Man 2 > Elden Ring

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Your baits are dogwater, kvally. Something needs to change.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Between Spiderman 2 and Mario Wonder, October will be a good month.

9/10 GS

88 MC best in series

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Why no poll? "rhetorical" We know. lolol

A BS Jive 6/10 game will of course be a guaranteed GS minimum 9/10 game. :P

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

higher score than Forza and Starfield

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@kvallyx said:

9/10 GS

86 Opencritic

you like Sony games?? 😱

he is actually a sony fan but roots for the underdog xbox.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gifford38
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

you are so wrong about it feeling like a ubisoft game. so much more fun to play.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1251 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

you are so wrong about it feeling like a ubisoft game. so much more fun to play.

Iv'e got to agree with you here,ubisoft games are much more fun to play 👍

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5885 Posts

I suppose we should give this game some attention as its the only one coming from Sony recently and for a while to come.

I'm looking forward to this DLC. Not a chance in hell I'll pay full price for it.

But got lots to play in the meantime.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

GS 9

MC 88

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

I'm also waiting for my "19 inches of Venom" to arrive...

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

I have a feeling this game is going to crack a 90MC score.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

9 here at GS and 90+ at MC

I feel sorry for Starfield , it’s about to get destroyed

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hardwenzen
@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

When i say that AssCreed is garbage, i am always finding someone who says that i am wrong, and that its so much more fun to play.🤷‍♂️The only thing that is better in spiderman2 are the animations and set pieces. Gameplay wise its 90% as dull as your average ubisoft game.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

Why lately there are no polls on hype threads? Anyway 8/10 GS 85 MC.i find the 1st gsme alright.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

Really enjoyed Spiderman 1... Insomniac is a great developer. Imagine this will be a prettier, slicker version of the characters and gameplay. I'll pick it up in a couple years when it hits the 20 dollar price range.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

Nothing less than a 10. 😌

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

8/10 GS

87 MC

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

10/10 GS

93 MC

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

When i say that AssCreed is garbage, i am always finding someone who says that i am wrong

Jesus christ you have horrible taste in games. I always buy and enjoy the exact OPPOSITE of what you enjoy. Maybe you should raise your standards?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hardwenzen

I really wish they let Insomniac create something else instead of being superhero games slaves. Sony has the kind of talent nobody else has, and they waste it on shovelware like spiderman and the Horizon series😭

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:

I really wish they let Insomniac create something else instead of being superhero games slaves. Sony has the kind of talent nobody else has, and they waste it on shovelware like spiderman and the Horizon series😭

At least those developers are making games. Naughty dog is creatively bankrupt and can't even ship a multi-player game in a pre existing universe.

I do agree though, I hope there are no more Spiderman games after this next one. Diminishing returns are unavoidable.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#34 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

At least those developers are making games. Naughty dog is creatively bankrupt and can't even ship a multi-player game in a pre existing universe.

I do agree though, I hope there are no more Spiderman games after this next one. Diminishing returns are unavoidable.

NO MORE SPIDERMAN GAMES?!!! I would hate to live in such a world!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hardwenzen

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Can you really blame ND, tho? Just like Arkane, they're a singleplayer developer, not some cancerous GaaS exploiters. Its Sony's fault for forcing them to create a live service game with a bunch of exploitative mechanics and microtransactions. If it was just simple multiplayer, it would've been released years ago.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

Because Sony has no talent. Insomniac was washed up after Resistance 3.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator

@nepu7supastar7 said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

I like things that leave an impression and not overstay their welcome. There is only one Mona Lisa, one Arnolfini Portrait.... One Statue of David. I prefer authenticity and original thought as opposed to experiencing the same stuff over and over.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheEroica  Moderator
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Can you really blame ND, tho? Just like Arkane, they're a singleplayer developer, not some cancerous GaaS exploiters. Its Sony's fault for forcing them to create a live service game with a bunch of exploitative mechanics and microtransactions. If it was just simple multiplayer, it would've been released years ago.

I mean.... Arkane actually shipped something though. Granted it was bad and in no way should they have made something like that, but they got it's husk out the door. Naughty Dog is doing nothing but milking it's fan base for the same content. It feels worse.... Sony is no friend of naughty dog if they are trying to control their creativity. Yikes.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KvallyX

@TheEroica said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:
@TheEroica said:

I like things that leave an impression and not overstay their welcome.

You mean like Hangover 2 and 3?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

I mean.... Arkane actually shipped something though. Granted it was bad and in no way should they have made something like that, but they got it's husk out the door. Naughty Dog is doing nothing but milking it's fan base for the same content. It feels worse.... Sony is no friend of naughty dog if they are trying to control their creativity. Yikes.

lol what they shipped was so bad it killed the studio reputation (and yes, i know it was their b team, but still, most people don't know that)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

AAA 9.0 Editors Choice baby!

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

I'm going to take a logical guess and say it will average a 89 on metacritic and sell more than the last 2 spiderman games combined.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6051 Posts

@Zero_epyon: "I'm also waiting for my "19 inches of Venom" to arrive..."

I hope for your sake it comes with a bottle of lube 🤣

I'm sorry, I just had to. I mean you set it up perfectly, I'm surprised someone didn't say it before me 🤣

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

I'm very excited for this game!!

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Depends on the reviewer, honestly.

My bet is an 8 and a SW meltdown.

Personally hoping for a 7 for the fallout 🤣

I still need to finish Spiderman DLC and Miles Morales.....on PC of course.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

Really love Spider-Man PS4 years ago as I actually did made a hype thread for it. But after getting a taste of Spider-Man & Miles Morales on PC, fell in love eve more so than I did for PS4. That being said, I'm skipping Spider-Man 2 for PS5 and will gladly wait for PC version.

I'll say GS will give Spider-Man 2 an 8/10.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gifford38

@hardwenzen: missing out on some good games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen

@gifford38 said:

@hardwenzen: missing out on some good games.

Like what?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SolidGame_basic
Loading Video...

neogeo2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 neogeo2k2
Member since 2019 • 145 Posts

It’s GS and it’s a Sony game, so that alone is guaranteed a 9 here, but I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if it got a 10.

Either way, I have zero interest in this game just like like the first one.