Sony's Greatest Failure Might Just Be What Saves Them

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

Except 'Move' failed because Sony abandoned it like more or less every other peripheral they release.

handssss

force =/= abandon. same goes for shoehorning like MS and having Kinect voice control BS in certain games. Like we really need a $200 motion sensor to do the same thing any typical headset could.

How is support the same as forcing? Sony didn't even try. Kinect has voice control options in games because it can, it's not forced, you don't have to use it. You don't have to use Kinect, but at least MS are supporting it, like Nintendo supported the Wiimote. The Wii Balance board probably got more support than move.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

being a more casual gamer, i personally had more fun with the wii than any other console this gen. it is quite the blast when you have someone to swing that wiimote with you.

and that got me thinking, why is it that motion control is only a failure when sony attempts it? is it because playstaion fanbase is made up of mostly "hardcore" basement gamer whose social life is defined by the amount of "girls" get pick up on playstation home? :shock:

KarateeeChop

it's due to the fact the wii was designed with the controller as the main way to play and the move was made to try and catch that market, the reality is the move is by far a more advanced more accurate wii mote, but no true games and no one wants to develop for it. but it hasn't failed they have made money on it just not as much as they were hoping for but i put that down to developers not wanting to have the hassal of the hard prgoramming and then sorting out the move controller i could see the move coming back as a bigger thing on the ps4 but hardcore gaming is the way forward for ps4. microsoft seem to be heading the other way and making there main focus on the kinect but thats only rumours and until we see what they are planning we wont no