Sony tries to take an Assassination shot before Xbox launch.

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

http://www.examiner.com/article/sony-takes-shot-at-xbox-one-hours-before-console-s-launch

And I quote

The Sony social marketing team posted an image of the Playstation 4 on Facebook with the message, "Why settle for 720p next-gen games when almost every PS4 game supports full native 1080p? See what PS4 owners are saying:http://playstation.greatnessawaits.com/."

So Microsoft was nice, and Sony is scared out their minds and tries to pull a Kennedy. Huh, interesting. Maybe Sony does not like being a good sport?

Well either way, one thing is correct, PS4 and X1 are the only good consoles Systems that will be available. So you are going to end up buying both anyway. Regardless of this cheap shot.

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (42978 posts) -

Low blow, but whatever. It'll be forgotten in a week or two.

#3 Edited by airshocker (28981 posts) -

It's a marketing campaign just like what Microsoft is doing.

Get over it.

#4 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3979 posts) -

Cheap shot?

You gotta pay $100 more to take a shot a xbox 720p though...

#5 Posted by Zophar87 (4346 posts) -

Do you ever go outside?

#6 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

Its not misinformation at least..

#7 Posted by Krelian-co (10359 posts) -

the fact is at least their PR is true, unlike microsoft and their bs.

#8 Posted by Shewgenja (8441 posts) -

I suppose all the yahoo articles about Amazon reviews of the PS4 getting 1 Star was MS playing nice?

Bitch pleeeease.

#9 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

Here's something. AFTER the Playstation launch, Microsoft said "Good launch" and you are pissing and moaning because Sony isn't saying "good launch" BEFORE the actual launch? ok, got it.

#10 Edited by Chutebox (36570 posts) -

http://www.examiner.com/article/sony-takes-shot-at-xbox-one-hours-before-console-s-launch

And I quote

The Sony social marketing team posted an image of the Playstation 4 on Facebook with the message, "Why settle for 720p next-gen games when almost every PS4 game supports full native 1080p? See what PS4 owners are saying:http://playstation.greatnessawaits.com/."

So Microsoft was nice, and Sony is scared out their minds and tries to pull a Kennedy. Huh, interesting. Maybe Sony does not like being a good sport?

Well either way, one thing is correct, PS4 and X1 are the only good consoles Systems that will be available. So you are going to end up buying both anyway. Regardless of this cheap shot.

This made me laugh.

#11 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

Do you ever go outside?

Do you ever stop licking pictures of imaginary animals? Or perhaps your parents won't buy you that phone because you are not old enough?

#12 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1926 posts) -

Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left.

#13 Posted by resevl4rlz (3269 posts) -

how many times are you going to make crap post

#14 Posted by Basinboy (11048 posts) -

There is so much wrong with the OP it's painful

#15 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

Here's something. AFTER the Playstation launch, Microsoft said "Good launch" and you are pissing and moaning because Sony isn't saying "good launch" BEFORE the actual launch? ok, got it.

Yeah you do say a launch was good AFTER the launch because that is when the launch happens. I know you're chellenged but damn.

#16 Posted by blackace (20238 posts) -

Not really when XB1 can do 1080P 60fps as well. lol!! Of course they don't mention XB1, so they could mean the Wii U or some other console. Maybe that's the case.

#17 Posted by Zophar87 (4346 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

Do you ever go outside?

Do you ever stop licking pictures of imaginary animals? Or perhaps your parents won't buy you that phone because you are not old enough?

Lmao. You're so upset.

#18 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@Jakandsigz said:

And I quote

This made me laugh.

I would be scared to if MS suddenly became nice all of a sudden. Today MS opened an anti-google merchandise store for goodness sake.

#19 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11599 posts) -

Good call Sony, some people don't know how weak the Xbone is.

#20 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (759 posts) -

Sony told the truth

#21 Edited by gMcR (216 posts) -

Amusing. Hopefully MS will respond with something clever, though I doubt they can.

#22 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

Yeah you do say a launch was good AFTER the launch because that is when the launch happens. I know you're chellenged but damn.

You are missing his point I believe.

#23 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I am not buying both. PS4 only for me to sit beside my PC. I just don't have time for three systems, so I have to cut the weakest link out. For me, that is the X1.

#24 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

Thank you for proving my point. Clearly, you're the challenged one here

#25 Posted by Heil68 (43397 posts) -

Well played Sony. Give them the facts and nothing but the facts.

#26 Edited by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Who gives a shit it's funny. Go play outside and get some sunlight you silly lem.

#27 Edited by babycakin (1400 posts) -

Man, Sony ain't playing no games this next-gen
EDIT: (Oh the irony in my comment lmao)

#28 Posted by clr84651 (5363 posts) -

What do you expect?! Sony wants people buy their top notch graphics gaming machine.

#29 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@WadeFan said:

No you are clearly the challenged one. Please continue to be stupid in every thread you post in. You can't even tell time. Begone alt.

#30 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@WadeFan said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@WadeFan said:

No you are clearly the challenged one. Please continue to be stupid in every thread you post in. You can't even tell time. Begone alt.

Yes, clearly an Alt that I have been using for 4 years and have 1400+ posts on. Also, again, read this slowly. YOU ARE MAD BECAUSE SONY ISNT SAYING GOOD LAUNCH TO M$ WHEN THEY HAVENT EVEN LAUNCHED YET.

#31 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Sony assasinated the xbone back in E3. This gen winner is already out the xbone is only relevant to irrelevant people. Sony is just laughing at the bones of a carcass.

#32 Posted by danjammer69 (4108 posts) -

lol, Microsoft does this type of stuff all the damn time. But I agree, it will blow over.

When it comes to PC/Mobile wars, MS are being downright nasty when it concerns Google.

They even have part of their store dedicated to crappy merchandise trashing Google. Funny thing is that some of the stuff MS is saying they themselves are guilty of to an even higher degree.

Let's take a look at just how classy Microsoft can be when they are threatened:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Scroogled/categoryID.67575900

#33 Edited by Ginosaji (965 posts) -

How dare Sony tell the truth in a marketing campaign!

#34 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@danjammer69 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

lol, Microsoft does this type of stuff all the damn time. But I agree, it will blow over.

When it comes to PC/Mobile wars, MS are being downright nasty when it concerns Google.

They even have part of their store dedicated to crappy merchandise trashing Google. Funny thing is that some of the stuff MS is saying they themselves are guilty of to an even higher degree.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Scroogled/categoryID.67575900

haha, that is so pathetic, it's hilarious!

#35 Edited by SirBrandt (60 posts) -

I agree with Sony, why would anyone settle for 720p when there is 1080p???

#36 Posted by YD_11 (1624 posts) -

Meh.. Maybe Sony should worry more about getting some games worth playing in 1080p before touting it.

#37 Posted by lundy86_4 (42978 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Yep... I'm not sure why you needed to try so hard.

#38 Posted by lundy86_4 (42978 posts) -

Taking your question in the most literal sense... Why accept consoles over the PC?

#39 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5032 posts) -

HMMMMMM... ITS ACTUALLY TRUE!

Looks like another case of lems hating on facts lol.

#40 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Krelian-co said:

Not really when XB1 can do 1080P 60fps as well. lol!! Of course they don't mention XB1, so they could mean the Wii U or some other console. Maybe that's the case.

on a racing game whoptey freekin do. Even gt5 was 1080P last gen

#41 Posted by Krelian-co (10359 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Krelian-co said:

As evidenced by ryse, cod, assassin's creed 4, bf 3 and almost every game that came out at sub 1080p on xbone?

Face it if you want to run games at true 1080p hd your choise is ps4, its obvious xbone cant handle the more demanding games at 1080p

#42 Posted by Chrome- (1660 posts) -

@sirbrandt said:

Taking your question in the most literal sense... Why accept consoles over the PC?

waiting for his response

#43 Posted by Merex760 (4284 posts) -

Ehh, Microsoft can't be pissed by low blows when they have that Scroogled campaign going on.

#44 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Good on Sony. They should beat the drum on all the advantages ps4 has. Playing nice isn't how you compete.

#45 Posted by kuu2 (6958 posts) -

Typical Sony.........

Is Kutaragi still running the PlayStation department.

#46 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

@Merex760:

Not to mention Microsoft started the low blows, seven years ago with Peter Moores Wii60 campaign where he said you could own an X360 and a Wii for cheaper than a PS3. I'm assuming most Lems here aren't old enough to remember that.

#47 Edited by j2zon2591 (2239 posts) -

MS is nice by lying in your face with the resolution difference/being disingenuous about it

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/21/xbox-exec-the-ps4-isnt-more-powerful-xbox-one-is-more-powerful-due-the-power-of-the-cloud/

The PS4 isn’t more powerful. There is some confusion about the difference in the number of pixels, but the resolution of some games is defined by the publisher, not by the console. Especially thanks to the power of the cloud - we installed 300,000 servers – the capabilities of the console are multiplied by four. So if you connect the console to the Internet, then the Xbox One is the most powerful.

#48 Posted by Sollet (7338 posts) -
#49 Edited by Bigboi500 (29286 posts) -

Well either way, one thing is correct, PS4 and X1 are the only good consoles Systems that will be available.

wut?