Sony makes Nintendo & Microsoft studios look like they're artistically bankrupt. The lack of talent is obvious

• 133 results
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@cainetao11 said:

@hardwenzen: oh I’m well aware it’s all subjective. It’s entertainment.

But you’re putting words in my posts that I never said. You fail.

I never fail. I own a Playstation 5.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

No one gives a shit. Especially, when Sony is gameplay bankrupt. Have your graphics, I "PLAY" games.

When a person has no way to argue, they pretend to not give a shit😁You're actually not the only one, plenty are in the same boat as you. At this point you're pretty much indirectly admitting that Sony is so far ahead, that you don't even want them to be compared to MS offerings.

When the games you consider "top notch" has as much "cinematic walking" as it has cutscenes and gameplay, I really don't care. Sony's movie games are just this generations Dragon's Lair.

Great graphics on it's own means nothing to me. Especially to me as a retro gamer first. I'm always checking out games from ancient consoles and computers, I'm always looking at the gameplay and am fascinated with what they did and could do with the tech. Movie games, don't impress me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39877 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

No one gives a shit. Especially, when Sony is gameplay bankrupt. Have your graphics, I "PLAY" games.

When a person has no way to argue, they pretend to not give a shit😁You're actually not the only one, plenty are in the same boat as you. At this point you're pretty much indirectly admitting that Sony is so far ahead, that you don't even want them to be compared to MS offerings.

When the games you consider "top notch" has as much "cinematic walking" as it has cutscenes and gameplay, I really don't care. Sony's movie games are just this generations Dragon's Lair.

Great graphics on it's own means nothing to me. Especially to me as a retro gamer first. I'm always checking out games from ancient consoles and computers, I'm always looking at the gameplay and am fascinated with what they did and could do with the tech. Movie games, don't impress me.

Just stop. When any titles on the Xbox wins six awards in one year, that's is when you will be allowed to talk shit about cinematic walking. As is, the presentation of your exclusives are on par with what you'd see on Kickstarter. It looks cheap, it feels cheap, and it is cheap. Your games have fallen far behind what's on offer on a SONY system.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Just stop. When any titles on the Xbox wins six awards in one year, that's is when you will be allowed to talk shit about cinematic walking. As is, the presentation of your exclusives are on par with what you'd see on Kickstarter. It looks cheap, it feels cheap, and it is cheap. Your games have fallen far behind what's on offer on a SONY system.

All that does is cheapen what these so called "awards" are worth. If sight seeing is super important to you, Sony games are for you.

Trying to make people jealous with movie games won't work. You're either into that shit or you're not.

And cow standards were already low. You guys thought the original GoW trilogy was good. Shit hack n slash with QTE boss fights.

Talking about what is far behind. Flagship racer GT7 is far behind. STILL no damage in 2022 and it's a simulator designed for the Jag CPU. That's even before getting on to the grind-a-thon.

Halo Infinite got a 9/10 for its gameplay. GoW:R got a 9/10 for its graphics.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

All that does is cheapen what these so called "awards" are worth. If sight seeing is super important to you, Sony games are for you.

Trying to make people jealous with movie games won't work. You're either into that shit or you're not.

And cow standards were already low. You guys thought the original GoW trilogy was good. Shit hack n slash with QTE boss fights.

Talking about what is far behind. Flagship racer GT7 is far behind. STILL no damage in 2022 and it's a simulator designed for the Jag CPU. That's even before getting on to the grind-a-thon.

It doesn't cheapen anything. You're simply furious that your company has such poor offerings (this happens every year btw), that its like they weren't even present. You would've never seen this being the case prior to Phil unload all its exclusives to PC.

You know what feels cheapened out? The Xbox brand.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

It doesn't cheapen anything. You're simply furious that your company has such poor offerings (this happens every year btw), that its like they weren't even present. You would've never seen this being the case prior to Phil unload all its exclusives to PC.

You got low standards. Forgotten West, Out of date GT7 and a movie game. :-S

That's what you got this year. Nothing last fall, and only Spider-Man 2 to come next year.

Unless you're into a movie game which matched Halo Infinite's score, however much you protest that. This isn't the most exciting of situations.

Only 10/10 game this gen was from a MS developer with Deathloop.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By hardwenzen
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

That's what you got this year. Nothing last fall, and only Spider-Man 2 to come next year.

Unless you're into a movie game which matched Halo Infinite's score, however much you protest that. This isn't the most exciting of situations.

Me low standards? Bro.

I had Deathloop on my system a year before yours, and nobody cared because its a garbage game that only Ghost enjoys. Halo Infinite was so bad that it didn't won anything.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

Me low standards? Bro.

I had Deathloop on my system a year before yours, and nobody cared because its a garbage game that only Ghost enjoys. Halo Infinite was so bad that it didn't won anything.

Cows didn't play Deathloop, because the MS logo made them mad.

Yeah and GoW:R is as good as Halo Infinite. XD

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Me low standards? Bro.

Cows didn't play Deathloop, because the MS logo made them mad.

Yeah and GoW:R is as good as Halo Infinite. XD

We have high standards, we don't play games that are approved by Ghost. When was the last time you saw 94 on meta? It has been generations. Sad.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#110 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

@techhog89: ??? That's all you have. Nintendo stopped releasing games, and set themselves on auto-pilot years ago.

You'd know about being on autopilot lol. You're so boring and predictable now...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 hardwenzen

@techhog89 said:
@hardwenzen said:

@techhog89: ??? That's all you have. Nintendo stopped releasing games, and set themselves on auto-pilot years ago.

You'd know about being on autopilot lol. You're so boring and predictable now...

And that is why i know for a fact that Nintendo is on autopilot. Just look at their 2022, it was pathetic. Releasing a bunch of garbage that is buggy as hell or the system can't even handle.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@hardwenzen: Almost word for word the response I expected... :/ Have fun. I'm done here for the foreseeable future.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 hardwenzen

@techhog89 said:

@hardwenzen: Almost word for word the response I expected... :/ Have fun. I'm done here for the foreseeable future.

I expect you to deliver when ANY Switch 2 news are leaked. 2023 will be the year the system will be released, as i predicted years ago. Never forget how accurate my predictions are.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7342 Posts
@mesome713 said:

@gifford38: And they all recycle engines. GoW was old GoW engine. New horizon was old Horizon engine. All recycled trash gimmicks. They even used the same assets. These games lack any depth. Heck, the new Pokemon had more depth in its world than all the trash Sony games put togther from PS5. Sony is nothing but gimmicks. No depth, no physics, no innovation, no immersion, etc. Just pure gimmick shallow gaming design. Bottom of the barrel.

pokemon? really look up digital foundry video of hfw2. it shows pokemon and its draw distance and overly reused textures and landscape.

yes hzd had no physics but hfw2 they put in so many physics but you would not know that.

engines are reused and updated gen after gen.

so nin use new engines? zelda botw is not going to be the same engine as the new one?

or mario.

what about unreal engine from epic that 90% of the game industry uses? is that a gimmick?

every sony developer uses different engines.

developers would be broke they used a new engine every single game they make.

cant believe your a gamer not knowing developers use engines and just upgrade them every game.

lhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaicAiUsTxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Lbyn-c7Hw

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10655 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@oof85 said:

And the sales reflect this.

Agree with your general sentiment, even if I think people are going too hard on GoWs actual gameplay. Meeting hyperbole with equal hyperbole.

But I would never go to sales as a metric. Strong sales mostly mean mainstream appeal, strong marketing, brand recognition, etc. Plenty of great things sell like shit. Plenty of shit things sell great.

BotW sold very well and it seems Ragnarok is doing the same.

“Great” and “Crap” are subjective words. Because you or a certain amount of people may not like a product doesn’t mean that everyone who does is wrong. I for the life of me cannot understand why people foolishly believe that their views are correct, and any other views that contradict theirs is wrong. Now I’m not accusing you of this, but this seems to be a rolling narrative of SW.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#116 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58534 Posts

My average play of Valheim, a game made by like six people, has more better looking moments than God of War and it manages to do it without cinematics or scripting.

Might not be as epic or as dude dad-bro as God of War, but it sure is pretty and artistic.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

Lmao... ok.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lmao... ok.

You know this is true. Your Nintendo has been releasing nothing but bland and generic art directions that are cheap to produce. I mean, just look at Dread.🤢

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Sony certainly has Microsoft and Nintendo beat in the movie game business but I hope they keep it or better yet, reduce those types of games in the future. I love my PS5 and playing Dreams, Bloodborne, and whatnot else on it. But an emphasis on graphics and cinematics is not the win you think it is when it comes to having fun playing a video game. The most I get out of it is "oh those environments look very nice. Now what am I doing? Picking fruit and following this girl as she tells me to follow along with prophecy"

....riveting gameplay. Sure makes Mario and Halo look like garbage /s

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hardwenzen

@poe13 said:

Sony certainly has Microsoft and Nintendo beat in the movie game business but I hope they keep it or better yet, reduce those types of games in the future. I love my PS5 and playing Dreams, Bloodborne, and whatnot else on it. But an emphasis on graphics and cinematics is not the win you think it is when it comes to having fun playing a video game. The most I get out of it is "oh those environments look very nice. Now what am I doing? Picking fruit and following this girl as she tells me to follow along with prophecy"

....riveting gameplay. Sure makes Mario and Halo look like garbage /s

They have no reason to. Always winning all the wards with the so called movie games, and all of them sell a ton.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@hardwenzen: awards and sales. Thats what i look for in a video game. How many awards did it win and how many units did it ship.

By chance, are you still a teenager? I don't know too many grown ups that would ride their favorite plastic box maker's dick so hard....and for something as trivial as video game awards and sales.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 hardwenzen

@poe13 said:

@hardwenzen: awards and sales. Thats what i look for in a video game. How many awards did it win and how many units did it ship.

By chance, are you still a teenager? I don't know too many grown ups that would ride their favorite plastic box maker's dick so hard....and for something as trivial as video game awards and sales.

I am saying this from THEIR point of view, not mine. I enjoy Ragnarok, TLOU2, etc, and couldn't care less about sales or awards, i will get their games if the quality stays on par.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#123 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Heil68: he can own a second ballbag for all I care. He puts words in peoples mouths and assumes. He fails

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23734 Posts
@ermacness said:

“Great” and “Crap” are subjective words. Because you or a certain amount of people may not like a product doesn’t mean that everyone who does is wrong. I for the life of me cannot understand why people foolishly believe that their views are correct, and any other views that contradict theirs is wrong. Now I’m not accusing you of this, but this seems to be a rolling narrative of SW.

A rolling narrative for all of human history. Only made much more visible in the internet age.

Yeah man, well aware of subjectivity lol. And if talking individual preference, yeah that's the end of it. People like what they like.

A bit more nuance in discourse though, with opinions that are more well informed, much more well supported than others. Some opinions are more valid than others, and not all opinions are even valid to begin with. Misinformation, ignorance, bias, anger, fear, emotions in general, etc. can drive opinions that hold no basis in reality.

-

Anyways, ramble, not really my main point. The real takeaway is that commercial success and quality aren't a literal, measurable, direct correlation, especially not in entertainment. There are so many obvious reasons why that is so, and so many examples showing how that plays out.

Honestly think this should go without saying, but seems confirmation bias is strong with many. Interpreting data in a way that aligns with your beliefs, dismissing the same exact source when it doesn't.

I just don't see sales as a reliable talking point in discussing a games quality. It's a logical leap. Want to discuss games mainstream appeal, brand recognition, or lack thereof? Want to discuss how strong/weak a games marketing campaign was? Yeah, there's legitimate correlation there, knock yourself out.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 hrt_rulz01

@jaydan said:

As an individual that has had a lifelong passion for the arts, with art and design in his professional life; nothing about Ragnarok screams unique or interesting to me from an artistic level. Pretty graphics sure, but just looks like a glossy manufactured product, kinda like a Disney movie.

Kinda reminds me of those uninspired but talented kids I've run into college. Kids that can draw a tiger photorealistic yet when asked "what inspired you?" That's when there was literally no process behind it other than it looked cool. Well cool exercise I guess.

Pretty much summed up 90% of Sony's games. Gameplay is an afterthought.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Pretty much summed up 90% of Sony's games. Gameplay is an afterthought.

Literally what you tell yourself to help you sleep at night every single time a new Sony exclusive comes out, and steals the show🥱There is 5 times more and much higher quality "gameplay" than a welfare title such as Metroid Dead.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 hrt_rulz01

@hardwenzen: Lmao... if you honestly believe that, you're more delusional than I ever imagined. And that's saying something.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@hardwenzen: Lmao... if you honestly believe that, you're more delusional than I ever imagined. And that's saying something.

Keep denying it, and know that i found your secret.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@hardwenzen: Lol, riiiiight...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@hardwenzen: Lol, riiiiight...

No worries, you don't need to admit it, i know how a mindset of a sheep works, bro. Have seen many in my career.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hrt_rulz01

@hardwenzen: 😉

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@hardwenzen: 😉

Don't wink at me. Hellblade 2 pre orders in 2031, bro.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 hrt_rulz01

@hardwenzen: Whatever makes you feel less insecure.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@hardwenzen: Whatever makes you feel less insecure.

Oh don't you worry, i feel secure, i have Ragnarok to play while you have nothing.