Sony lost 5 billion on PS3, losing more money than ANY console in history

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#151 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12322 Posts
MS lost $4B on the original Xbox and lost around $2B on the 360 at the beginning of this generation.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i know this is system wars but people lost their jobs, find it pretty wack some of you guys are getting erections and happy because of this. I'm not a fan of microsoft but i never wanna see them lay off that many people and i hope sony doesn't have to do this again.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

[QUOTE="kbanna"]

Listen, stop this "children and Soccer mom" nonsesne already. Its getting old and you know as well as I do its not true. Every single month (Including later tonight) the 360 outsells the PS3 in hardware and trounces it in software. When that NPD list comes out, and there are more 360 games in the top ten, and more units of mutiplats sold, you come back here and tell me how many of those games are "Kinect" games. I have a hint for you...it will be none. Kinect games very rarely if ever make it in the top ten or 20 of NPD. Its all hardcore games that are selling better on the 360. Stop lying to yourself to feel better

delta3074

Xbox 360 has a focus to please children and soccer moms, that is their priority.

Yes because soccer mums and kids Love gears, listen dude, i already debunked this thread with research that shows the highest percentage of game time on both platforms are people between the 18-35 range, the point is that although you put time and effort into your thread your points are mostly baseless assumptions or myths that have already been debunked, i admire the time and effort you put into your OP's but i wish you would resaerch things more thoroughly before you post, you say you have a 360 and you love it but you spend an aweful lot of time on here moaning about the 360.....Hold on a minute, that sounds just like a marriage. I kid just take it easy dude,it's only castles burning mate:)

Hang on, you said that the 360 has the highest selling exclusive game out of any console this gen. What game are you talking about?

Last-Resort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Last-Resort
Member since 2012 • 315 Posts

This is truly an incredible statistic. Not sure how anyone can call it a "success" for Sony

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36861280&postcount=448

Neogaf admin Opiate (notice his name is red. He also works in the industry):

"Sony has lost ~5 billion dollars on the PS3. It is the worst financial disaster in gaming history, losing more money for its parent company than either the Dreamcast or original Xbox."

phonemug
Nope, NEC still lost more.
Last-Resort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Last-Resort
Member since 2012 • 315 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="arkephonic"]

Xbox 360 has a focus to please children and soccer moms, that is their priority.

arkephonic

Yes because soccer mums and kids Love gears, listen dude, i already debunked this thread with research that shows the highest percentage of game time on both platforms are people between the 18-35 range, the point is that although you put time and effort into your thread your points are mostly baseless assumptions or myths that have already been debunked, i admire the time and effort you put into your OP's but i wish you would resaerch things more thoroughly before you post, you say you have a 360 and you love it but you spend an aweful lot of time on here moaning about the 360.....Hold on a minute, that sounds just like a marriage. I kid just take it easy dude,it's only castles burning mate:)

Hang on, you said that the 360 has the highest selling exclusive game out of any console this gen. What game are you talking about?

ModernWarfare 3 with temp exclusive DLC?
ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 ThisIsTwoFace
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

SAD. People are losing their jobs you despicable clowns.

Sad to see that some of you kids are actually excited to hear this and you're actually hoping it continues.

How some of you were raised is a mystery, no matter how much you hate Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft you shouldn't wish this sort of thing to happen and actually be happy about it. THINK, these peoples lives depended on the jobs. Its what they did to put some extra food on that table.

I hope Sony can recover from this because the more they lose the more jobs that get lost aswell. Have you people become so in-love with your console that you would wish job-loss and money-loss on the other company?

Clowns.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Sad to see that some of you kids are actually excited to hear this and you're actually hoping it continues.

How some of you were raised is a mystery, no matter how much you hate Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft you shouldn't wish this sort of thing to happen and actually be happy about it. THINK, these peoples lives depended on the jobs. Its what they did to put some extra food on that table.

I hope Sony can recover from this because the more they lose the more jobs that get lost aswell. Have you people become so in-love with your console that you would wish job-loss and money-loss on the other company?

Clowns.

ThisIsTwoFace

This is nothing. Some Lemmings love Microsoft so much that they would praise death and wish it upon other competitors in the industry.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Clowns.

ThisIsTwoFace

No one should be happy people are losing their jobs. But this is SW. Stop taking sh!t so seriously.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="arkephonic"]

arkephonic

i worded that wrong, i meant between the Ps3 and 360,it was sarcasm anyway, but don't you dare say wii sports, i also worded the post you are quoting wrong as well ,Can't get my S*** together today. Any way, on topic, the way i see it the Ps3 was a success despite losing SONY 5 billion, especially with the terrible start it had and it's only a couple a million behind the 360 which isn't even worth talking about really, the Fact is that the 360 is ahead but it's also a fact that the Ps3 is nearly just as successful in hardware sales but not in revenue terms, it didn't go 'the way of the dreamcast' and this is the first generation for a long time that all consoles where a success. to be honest when i first saw the thread title i thought ' so what, thats only a billion more than MS lost on the original Xbox and that sold hardly nothing compared to Ps3' then i saw it was a phonemug thread and thought 'Elmo'
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Another angry bitter desperate Phonemug thread :lol:

Maneil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Maneil99
Member since 2012 • 842 Posts
To be fair its not JUST THE PS3, its all parts of their company
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Sony burning money since 2007 .......................................................................like a Boss !

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

Neogaf thread? lol

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the xbox and xbox 360 combine for a loss of well over 5 billion.

phonemug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 phonemug
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Neogaf thread? lol

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the xbox and xbox 360 combine for a loss of well over 5 billion.

mysticstryk

Neogaf admin Opiate.

Probably one of the most trustworthy sources you can get in this business.

He's an industry insider as well.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

No , Xbox 360 almost made up for the money lost on the original Xbox .

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

All you guys sayin you hope sony goes out of business are idiots.

I'm not a fan of the PS3, but if sony busts, then microsoft will have no competition, and that means a monopoly.

And a monopolies are not good.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Well, they did do some capital mistakes with the PS3. First of all, they spent billions for Cell which ultimatley didn't have any real advantages over the competition except in some exclusives but problematic development ment multi-plat games were usually worse. Secondly, they made it over-priced and lacking "killer-app" games. They lost a lot of former exclusives and the new IPs kinda didn't establish themselves as well as the old ones did. Part of the problem was also that PS2 was still alive and well when PS3 came out and that HDTVs weren't yet very common, hence people didn't really need a cheap blu-ray player. I think the console could easily launch a little later but sport a more balanced hardware (a GF 8800 based GPU with a gig of RAM would really do miracles) and launch with more attractive exclusives. I mean, being four years without a new Gran Turismo game? What were they thinking?

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#168 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

There was already a topic on this, old news.

ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 ThisIsTwoFace
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

Clowns.

waltefmoney

No one should be happy people are losing their jobs. But this is SW. Stop taking sh!t so seriously.

Idc if this is System Wars or Afghanistan, there is no excuse for being happy about people losing jobs.

If your mother of father lost their job you wouldn't want to see people laughing and hoping it happens to more people now would you?