Sony launching Spy Games

  • 65 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/11/5090404/sony-may-monitor-and-record-psn-voice-and-text-communications

""Your use of PSN and our community features may be recorded and collected by us or sent to us by other users as described in 13.1. Any information collected in this way, for example, your UGM, the content of your voice and text communications, video of your gameplay, the time and location of your activities, and your name, your PSN Online ID and IP address, may be used by us or our affiliated companies to enforce these Terms and the SEN Terms of Service, to comply with the law, to protect our rights and those of our licensors and users, and to protect the personal safety of our employees and users." The best part "collected by us OR OTHER USERS"

"Sony love us, they would never charge us for online, spy on us, forget to give a reach around" -Cow Community.

Just throwing this up in the wake of the newly revamped Sony ToS. They figure if they are gonna hit you..............they are going to do it hard.

Enjoy!!!!

#2 Posted by Shewgenja (8506 posts) -

This isn't Fanboy Wars.

#3 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -
#4 Posted by clyde46 (45347 posts) -

Are you mad at Google for monitoring your emails and search history so they can sell your details to ad companies? You are mad at the NSA for logging every email and phone call you make? Are you mad at your ISP who records and monitors everything you do on the internet?

See how stupid this is?

#5 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

This isn't Fanboy Wars.

He is just desperate for attention is all. Mommy ignores him everyday and sits him in front of the PC to beg us for the attention she isn't giving him. It's an everyday thing with him. I feel sorry for him really.

#6 Posted by Shewgenja (8506 posts) -
#7 Posted by clr84651 (5389 posts) -

Look it's the biggest liar and exaggerator on SW making another lame topic that is way over exaggerated again.

#8 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Are you mad at Google for monitoring your emails and search history so they can sell your details to ad companies? You are mad at the NSA for logging every email and phone call you make? Are you mad at your ISP who records and monitors everything you do on the internet?

See how stupid this is?

Right you are. This is mainly directed towards the people who call the Xbox One the Spybox. Sony is just a guilty. The NSA is monitoring this right now. Through phones, laptops, PCs etc. Granting them access is just making it easier for them.

#9 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

Look it's the biggest liar and exaggerator on SW making another lame topic that is way over exaggerated again.

Where am I lying?

#10 Edited by Snugenz (11821 posts) -
#11 Edited by Gue1 (9570 posts) -

Even your phone calls are monitored. So thank you Sony for your protection and for giving us monthly free games for a PS+ subscription to play online and not putting every single feature of the console behind a paywall. If you don't pay you only lose the online MP but you can still stream games, cross game chat, watch netflix, etc.

PS4 more powerful and cheaper. Sony's going for the throat!

#12 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

seems the door swings both ways on this one.

#13 Posted by clyde46 (45347 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

Even your phone calls are monitored. So thank you Sony for your protection and for giving us monthly free games for a PS+ subscription to play online and not putting every single feature of the console behind a paywall. You don't pay you only lose the online MP but you can still stream games, cross game chat. watch netflix, etc.

PS4 more powerful and cheaper. Sony's going for the throat!

Sony in charge of protection? Lawl.

#14 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

Even your phone calls are monitored. So thank you Sony for your protection and for giving us monthly free games for a PS+ subscription to play online and not putting every single feature of the console behind a paywall. You don't pay you only lose the online MP but you can still stream games, cross game chat. watch netflix, etc.

PS4 more powerful and cheaper. Sony's going for the throat!

Sony in charge of protection? Lawl.

Gotta love the twist.

#15 Posted by Promised_Trini (3588 posts) -
#16 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9942 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Are you mad at Google for monitoring your emails and search history so they can sell your details to ad companies? You are mad at the NSA for logging every email and phone call you make? Are you mad at your ISP who records and monitors everything you do on the internet?

See how stupid this is?

Right you are. This is mainly directed towards the people who call the Xbox One the Spybox. Sony is just a guilty. The NSA is monitoring this right now. Through phones, laptops, PCs etc. Granting them access is just making it easier for them.

To me there is a difference between monitoring messages that I choose to write after I have turned my system on and have a microphone in my living room constantly listening. Not a big difference, but a difference nonetheless. I am glad that MS removed the requirement to have Kinect be connected to operate the system.

#17 Edited by Heil68 (43585 posts) -

Good, Sony is actual concerned about National Security, unlike MS who wants to sell your personal information for nefarious reasons.

#18 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -
#19 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

This isn't Fanboy Wars.

He is just desperate for attention is all. Mommy ignores him everyday and sits him in front of the PC to beg us for the attention she isn't giving him. It's an everyday thing with him. I feel sorry for him really.

I love how the topic is always deflected. If you don't like what Sony is doing just say so. No one will think any different of you.

I have been saying since Feb. that Sonys lies will start to come out. I have been warning people like you who I care so deeply about and don't want to see get taken advantage of.

#20 Edited by bobbetybob (19210 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

Are you mad at Google for monitoring your emails and search history so they can sell your details to ad companies? You are mad at the NSA for logging every email and phone call you make? Are you mad at your ISP who records and monitors everything you do on the internet?

See how stupid this is?

It is stupid but considering the whole "lol NSA spy cam" nonsense people were throwing around about the Xbox One it's pretty funny to see Sony doing the same stuff.

#21 Edited by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

It's a standard ToU for a service with heavy on-line integration. Hardly a reason to claim ownage.

#22 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

Are you that stupid? What you posted was about DRM. DRM is not giving someone permission to have access to your online and monitor you.

NOT the EnD. Here this will help you.

http://www.online-education.net/courses/high-school-diploma-courses.html

I mean i know you're not the only one.. but you're one of the few that actually believes their troll and use their own silliness to insult other people... shouldn't you be banned ? You don't have to get mad at people's own viewpoints on your own ideas being shared to the public.

#23 Edited by always_explicit (2736 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Good, Sony is actual concerned about National Security, unlike MS who wants to sell your personal information for nefarious reasons.

Shame they are not concerned with protecting credit card information eh...

#24 Edited by Promised_Trini (3588 posts) -

Are you that stupid? What you posted was about DRM. DRM is not giving someone permission to have access to your online and monitor you.

NOT the EnD. Here this will help you.

http://www.online-education.net/courses/high-school-diploma-courses.html

You really are a Dumbass eh.I am pretty sure you never even clicked on the link either.Cause its the same shit your going on about.

#25 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

It's a standard ToU for a service with heavy on-line integration. Hardly a reason to claim ownage.

No one is claiming ownage. More like telling cows to STFU over the whole Kinect spy cam business. You know like Mr. Kutaragi fanboy extraordinaire.

#26 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

This is only a problem when Microsoft do it, because they are evil.

Sony only spies for the gamers.

#27 Edited by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

These threads are getting terrible. What is going though your mind TC?

A) Can't knock the power as PS4 is more powerful

B) Can't knock the price as it's cheaper

C) Can't knock the Mutliplats as they are better

D) Can't knock the Pre orders numbers as they are better.

That leaves searching for any rubbish proven or not and if it also effect the 720 just miss that bit out.

#28 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

This isn't Fanboy Wars.

The nerve of those words ever coming out of your mouth, lol.

#29 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Are you that stupid? What you posted was about DRM. DRM is not giving someone permission to have access to your online and monitor you.

NOT the EnD. Here this will help you.

http://www.online-education.net/courses/high-school-diploma-courses.html

You really are a Dumbass eh.I am pretty sure you never even clicked on the link either.Cause its the same shit your going on about.

Damn you make it easy. Your link is about DRM and Yoshi says NO. What more do I have to do to convince you?

#30 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Good, Sony is actual concerned about National Security, unlike MS who wants to sell your personal information for nefarious reasons.

Shame they are not concerned with protecting credit card information eh...

#31 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Are you that stupid? What you posted was about DRM. DRM is not giving someone permission to have access to your online and monitor you.

NOT the EnD. Here this will help you.

http://www.online-education.net/courses/high-school-diploma-courses.html

I mean i know you're not the only one.. but you're one of the few that actually believes their troll and use their own silliness to insult other people... shouldn't you be banned ? You don't have to get mad at people's own viewpoints on your own ideas being shared to the public.

Why should I be banned? I am not mad, just want some people to wake up and smell the double shot of espresso.

#32 Edited by Promised_Trini (3588 posts) -

@Promised_Trini said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Are you that stupid? What you posted was about DRM. DRM is not giving someone permission to have access to your online and monitor you.

NOT the EnD. Here this will help you.

http://www.online-education.net/courses/high-school-diploma-courses.html

You really are a Dumbass eh.I am pretty sure you never even clicked on the link either.Cause its the same shit your going on about.

Damn you make it easy. Your link is about DRM and Yoshi says NO. What more do I have to do to convince you?

Sony may 'monitor and record' PSN voice and text communications

That's the Topic Title from Polygon.Someone Linked it to him you jackass,and he answered no.

#33 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -
#34 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -
#35 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Shewgenja said:

This isn't Fanboy Wars.

He is just desperate for attention is all. Mommy ignores him everyday and sits him in front of the PC to beg us for the attention she isn't giving him. It's an everyday thing with him. I feel sorry for him really.

I love how the topic is always deflected. If you don't like what Sony is doing just say so. No one will think any different of you.

I have been saying since Feb. that Sonys lies will start to come out. I have been warning people like you who I care so deeply about and don't want to see get taken advantage of.

What you listed is nothing new and is how it has been for some time now. Collecting info isn't the kind of spying that the people that are worried about spying is worried about. They don't want kinect recording what they do, which isn't something the PS4 can't do to me because I am not even buying the eyetoy or whatever it is called. Your info is years old. Sony and the rest of the digital world has been doing that for years.

So the topic isn't being deflected. You are just being laughed at for telling us what we have known for years.

#36 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Promised_Trini said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Are you that stupid? What you posted was about DRM. DRM is not giving someone permission to have access to your online and monitor you.

NOT the EnD. Here this will help you.

http://www.online-education.net/courses/high-school-diploma-courses.html

You really are a Dumbass eh.I am pretty sure you never even clicked on the link either.Cause its the same shit your going on about.

Damn you make it easy. Your link is about DRM and Yoshi says NO. What more do I have to do to convince you?

Sony may 'monitor and record' PSN voice and text communications

That's the Topic Title from Polygon.Someone Linked it to him you jackass,and he answered no.

Ok you are correct. I didn't click on the link inside the link and inside the other link.

Simple answer. Yoshi is a liar.

See their history right here for the Ps3 launch with lies by the minute.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/25247543

#37 Posted by Heil68 (43585 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Heil68 said:

Good, Sony is actual concerned about National Security, unlike MS who wants to sell your personal information for nefarious reasons.

Shame they are not concerned with protecting credit card information eh...

Yeah, Cows are easy to forget things...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/05/sony-offering-identity-theft-protection-little-news-on-psn-re-launch/

My CC# has been on PSN since day 1 and never a problem. :) Only through Sony's hardwork, dedication and commitment to excellence can this incredible act be possible.

#38 Edited by Shewgenja (8506 posts) -

Wake me up when Sony stuffs a camera in every box that monitors my heart rate while I get a stiffy watching Baywatch reruns on cable TV.

#39 Edited by Krelian-co (10477 posts) -

Microsoft has collaborated closely with US intelligence services to allow users'

communications to be intercepted, including helping the National

Security Agency to circumvent the company's own encryption,

according to top-secret documents obtained by the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/11/microsoft-nsa-collaboration-user-data

Could the NSA use Microsoft's Xbox One to spy on you?

Skype swore wiretaps weren't possible before recent reports. Is Kinect next?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/16/4526770/will-the-nsa-use-the-xbox-one-to-spy-on-your-family

Microsoft’s new Kinect patent goes Big Brother, will spy on

you for the MPAA

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsofts-new-kinect-patent-goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa

Xbox One's Kinect Might Spy On You To Keep Advertisers Happy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/28/xbox-one-kinect_n_3347608.html

If you accept the agreement, you “expressly authorize and consent to us accessing or disclosing information about you, including the content of your communications, in order to: (a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of Microsoft, our partners, or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the Service; or (c) act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Microsoft employees, customers, or the public.”

http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/kinect-is-spying-on-you/

#40 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Shewgenja said:

This isn't Fanboy Wars.

He is just desperate for attention is all. Mommy ignores him everyday and sits him in front of the PC to beg us for the attention she isn't giving him. It's an everyday thing with him. I feel sorry for him really.

I love how the topic is always deflected. If you don't like what Sony is doing just say so. No one will think any different of you.

I have been saying since Feb. that Sonys lies will start to come out. I have been warning people like you who I care so deeply about and don't want to see get taken advantage of.

What you listed is nothing new and is how it has been for some time now. Collecting info isn't the kind of spying that the people that are worried about spying is worried about. They don't want kinect recording what they do, which isn't something the PS4 can't do to me because I am not even buying the eyetoy or whatever it is called. Your info is years old. Sony and the rest of the digital world has been doing that for years.

So the topic isn't being deflected. You are just being laughed at for telling us what we have known for years.

Well thank you for joining the conversation and adding something useful.

#41 Edited by Shewgenja (8506 posts) -

ITT: Another thread where Lemmings attempt false equivalence between their precious XBone and the PS4.

#42 Posted by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

It's a standard ToU for a service with heavy on-line integration. Hardly a reason to claim ownage.

No one is claiming ownage. More like telling cows to STFU over the whole Kinect spy cam business. You know like Mr. Kutaragi fanboy extraordinaire.

Well... the Kinect is still a device capable of larger intrusions to one's privacy... even though I'm not the one for conspiracy theories, I'd still feel uncomfortable having a high-tech camera with a microphone in my living room.

#43 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

These threads are getting terrible. What is going though your mind TC?

A) Can't knock the power as PS4 is more powerful

B) Can't knock the price as it's cheaper

C) Can't knock the Mutliplats as they are better

D) Can't knock the Pre orders numbers as they are better.

That leaves searching for any rubbish proven or not and if it also effect the 720 just miss that bit out.

Are you that brainwashed?

A. Sony has never stated it is more powerful. Just indie devs trying to kiss sony ass have said this. Yes it has a slightly better GPU but without getting into the whole tech architecture thing.................no game look better to prove this.

B. Price? you get what you pay for.

C. Yes I can knock the multiplats. Sad how BF4 looks better in 1080p.

D. Yes the preorder numbers are better. No doubt. 100%. There are a lot of uneducated people about to be severely pissed off too.

#44 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Shewgenja said:

This isn't Fanboy Wars.

He is just desperate for attention is all. Mommy ignores him everyday and sits him in front of the PC to beg us for the attention she isn't giving him. It's an everyday thing with him. I feel sorry for him really.

I love how the topic is always deflected. If you don't like what Sony is doing just say so. No one will think any different of you.

I have been saying since Feb. that Sonys lies will start to come out. I have been warning people like you who I care so deeply about and don't want to see get taken advantage of.

What you listed is nothing new and is how it has been for some time now. Collecting info isn't the kind of spying that the people that are worried about spying is worried about. They don't want kinect recording what they do, which isn't something the PS4 can't do to me because I am not even buying the eyetoy or whatever it is called. Your info is years old. Sony and the rest of the digital world has been doing that for years.

So the topic isn't being deflected. You are just being laughed at for telling us what we have known for years.

Well thank you for joining the conversation and adding something useful.

Well one of us had to see you only added info that is years old and should be known by all.

#45 Edited by always_explicit (2736 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Heil68 said:

Good, Sony is actual concerned about National Security, unlike MS who wants to sell your personal information for nefarious reasons.

Shame they are not concerned with protecting credit card information eh...

Yeah, Cows are easy to forget things...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/05/sony-offering-identity-theft-protection-little-news-on-psn-re-launch/

My CC# has been on PSN since day 1 and never a problem. :) Only through Sony's hardwork, dedication and commitment to excellence can this incredible act be possible.

More through luck than judgement. Im glad a lack of problems is your criteria for a positive gaming experience. You and the dull, uninspiring PS4 are a match made in heaven, its almost as dull and uninspiring as your posts ;)

#46 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6184 posts) -

Microsoft has collaborated closely with US intelligence services to allow users'

communications to be intercepted, including helping the National

Security Agency to circumvent the company's own encryption,

according to top-secret documents obtained by the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/11/microsoft-nsa-collaboration-user-data

Could the NSA use Microsoft's Xbox One to spy on you?

Skype swore wiretaps weren't possible before recent reports. Is Kinect next?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/16/4526770/will-the-nsa-use-the-xbox-one-to-spy-on-your-family

#47 Posted by Heil68 (43585 posts) -

@always_explicit:

I've had 4 RROD. My first one only after 1 month of having my console. Specail times. I wish MS would of put money into R&D, but as Peter Moore stated "Things Break"

Guess I cant trust MS to get it right this gen.

Xbone Preorder canceled.

#48 Edited by xgraderx (2395 posts) -

@Heil68:

@Heil68 said:

Good, Sony is actual concerned about National Security, unlike MS who wants to sell your personal information for nefarious reasons.

"You authorise us and other PSN users, to use, distribute, copy, modify, display, and publish your UGM, your PSN Online ID (and, if you choose to use it, your name) throughout PSN, the Sony Entertainment Network and other associated services such as websites associated to the Software. You also authorise us, without payment to you, to license, sell and otherwise commercially exploit your UGM (for example, selling subscriptions to access your UGM (alone or in combination with other UGM) and/or receiving advertising revenue in connection with UGM), and to use your UGM in the promotion of PlayStation® products, Software and services. You recognise that we and other PSN users may alter your UGM and you waive any moral rights you may have in your UGM. By posting UGM you are telling us that you have all rights necessary to post such UGM and to grant the rights set out in this paragraph."

Sony will be selling your personal information to whoever buys it.

#49 Edited by always_explicit (2736 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit:

I've had 4 RROD. My first one only after 1 month of having my console. Specail times. I wish MS would of put money into R&D, but as Peter Moore stated "Things Break"

Guess I cant trust MS to get it right this gen.

Xbone Preorder canceled.

blog it

#50 Posted by Heil68 (43585 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit:

I've had 4 RROD. My first one only after 1 month of having my console. Specail times. I wish MS would of put money into R&D, but as Peter Moore stated "Things Break"

Guess I cant trust MS to get it right this gen.

Xbone Preorder canceled.

blog it

I did so did the millions of other people who were sadly effected. MS's billion dollar screw up. :( How can you trust MS EVER again in light of that blunder?