Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69509 Posts

Seems like Sony is happy with multi platform games because it brings in more revenue and profits. PC gamers that are holding off purchasing a PS5 may be happy to hear this news. The acquisition of Nixxes is going to accelerate the port making. Also MLB on Xbox was a beneficial move for Sony. The death of exclusives continues.😂

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

I Herd they're going to bring more of their exclusive games to Xbox as well. Cows amcry. ;o

lol :P

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7205 Posts

Sony should just go third party.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pedro  Online

@SecretPolice said:

I Herd they're going to bring more of their exclusive games to Xbox as well. Cows amcry. ;o

🤭🤫

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Isn't MLB The Show published by MLB on Xbox? How exactly do they make money off of it?

I'm pretty sure the strong add-on sales are purely from PlayStation consoles unless they make money off of Xbox MTXs.

---

That being said, MLB The Show should probably be on PC as well.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice

@Nonstop-Madness:

I do believe Sony is the publisher for MLB.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pedro  Online

@girlusocrazy said:

Bring Bloodborne already, I want it on my Steam Deck

It may happen.🤷‍♂️

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46309 Posts

There really is no downside to releasing games on your ecosystem day one and then porting them to Pc 1 or 2 years later.

And to think we could’ve gotten Sly Cooper and Jak & Daxter on Pc…

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58321 Posts

Oh boy I can't wait for the spin on this one.

Well, if Sony is happy, I guess the Sony bootlickers should be happy. Right? RIGHT!?!?

@SecretPolice said:

You HERD?!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice

@mrbojangles25:

Lololol ;)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

There really is no downside to releasing games on your ecosystem day one and then porting them to Pc 1 or 2 years later.

There is no downside to releasing games at the same time. What would be the difference between same day versus one - two years? Are the gamers that going to purchase it a year or two later different from the ones who would purchase it on their preferred platform?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Great news, I'd love to play those games on my PC instead of having them stuck to the console. Keep 'em coming Sony 👍

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17427 Posts

Good for gamers, bad for fanboys I guess.

Seriously, Sony could make a lot more money by shortening the between launch and PC port.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pedro  Online

@navyguy21 said:

Good for gamers, bad for fanboys I guess.

Seriously, Sony could make a lot more money by shortening the between launch and PC port.

They know this and is why they have purchased a studio dedicated to porting games to PC.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

Sony won’t stray stray wildly from their existing hardware-first strategy, but invariably the platform is going to require rebranding as a software-first approach and be more device-agnostic. The day is coming when Sony will have to engineer their own PaaS or find partners who will capitulate to their control (Nintendo likewise, but I don’t believe they will cede anything to anyone unless they are forced to. Sony seems more amenable to the idea).

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

Bring Bloodborne already, I want it on my Steam Deck

none of the rumors are trustworthy. plus Elden Ring releases in 5 months if bloodborne would be re-released this year or early next year the two from software games would cannibalize each others in sales. my prediction for a bloodborne port is second half of 2022 during a dry period with less competition.

Avatar image for Amin_and_Azizah
Amin_and_Azizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Amin_and_Azizah
Member since 2011 • 143 Posts

Hopefully one day Sony will go third-party I know they won't do it with the PS5 but hopefully the Gen after that they will or maybe the following Gen.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Basinboy said:

Sony won’t stray wildly from their existing hardware-first strategy, but invariably the platform is going to require rebranding as a software-first approach and be more device-agnostic. The day is coming when Sony will have to engineer their own PaaS or find partners who will capitulate to their control (Nintendo likewise, but I don’t believe they will cede anything to anyone unless they are forced to. Sony seems more amenable to the idea).

While the general trend towards providing software to wider audiences is nice, I really hope the service PaaS or GaaS model is not the future for all gaming, but more companies are moving towards it. It presents a stale environment obviously engineered to fleece you out of as much money as possible and leave you with nothing.

It also influences game development. Games like Fortnite have actually barely added value since their initial release, but continue to generate revenue based upon their service model. It's going to be even more attractive for Sony and Nintendo to dive in, but it will ultimately hurt their game design and artistic integrity. Also results in lazy re-releases built upon already successful engines, like how Call of Duty gets a yearly release despite minimal actual changes to the engine. That doesn't mean the game isn't genuinely fun to play, it's just being milked for money.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#21 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

This is great news for gamers, with the caveat that I really hope Sony continue to work on epic singleplayer games and avoid going the games as a service route.

we have enough of that shit already.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro  Online

People keep complaining about games as service as if the majority of games on the market fall into that category or as if single player games are some how threatened. This is while ignoring the fact that the vast majority of games made are single player games. With that said, if gamers; who are the ones that drive the industry, prefer games as service then it is not the developers or publishers fault for adhering to the populous demands. Yes! It is the largest revenue maker in games with no close second.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46309 Posts

@Pedro: Well, I'm up for same day releases ln PC. It's just that Sony hasn't done this so far. They always make PC gamers wait 2-3 years, if the game is even ported over at all.

Personally, I'd rather have the game 2-3 years late, than not at all.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Pedro: Well, I'm up for same day releases ln PC. It's just that Sony hasn't done this so far. They always make PC gamers wait 2-3 years, if the game is even ported over at all.

Personally, I'd rather have the game 2-3 years late, than not at all.

They only recently started taking that route. So, always is just within the last year. Sony most likely realized (like MS) that console market is not growing. Imagine folks are accolading the PS4 sales numbers being comparable to PS2 that was released 2 decades ago and the market was significantly smaller.

I rather have PC gamers be taken equally as seriously as PS gamers if they want PC gamers to be actively purchasing their games. 😊

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@girlusocrazy: I think it will happen Sony does care about Souls unlike other japanese games. otherwise they wouldn't had remade Demon's Souls.

just don't trust the monthly bloodborne rumors.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Pedro said:

People keep complaining about games as service as if the majority of games on the market fall into that category or as if single player games are some how threatened. This is while ignoring the fact that the vast majority of games made are single player games. With that said, if gamers; who are the ones that drive the industry, prefer games as service then it is not the developers or publishers fault for adhering to the populous demands. Yes! It is the largest revenue maker in games with no close second.

You don't take into account how publishers can influence buying decisions with marketing and other nasty tricks. Think about it neutrally without the intent to promote service models or to amplify a specific company's marketing message. They're never on your team.

Additionally, using this same logic you presented, you would have to conclude gamers laud appreciate the model Activision follows with games like Call of Duty, a series that for no good reason gets an annual re-release, built upon an existing and successful engine. It continues to be one of the most successful game series' despite this clear lack of innovation recognized even by its players. Is this a full-on endorsement of their actions? I think not. You can find any person -- even people who play it -- trashing the series for this practice. Full stop.

The biggest thing motivating people to adopt the next CoD game is the threat of a waning player count in the previous titles and the loss of content they paid extra for. It's an absolutely predatory and despicable practice. Barring my obvious characterization of the practices, do you think it should continue, solely because it works?

Concern about this is not ill-founded. It will influence the decisions of major publishers and developers, just as we are seeing happen (especially over last generation).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro  Online

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

You don't take into account how publishers can influence buying decisions with marketing and other nasty tricks. Think about it neutrally without the intent to promote service models or to amplify a specific company's marketing message. They're never on your team.

Additionally, using this same logic you presented, you would have to conclude gamers laud appreciate the model Activision follows with games like Call of Duty, a series that for no good reason gets an annual re-release, built upon an existing and successful engine. It continues to be one of the most successful game series' despite this clear lack of innovation recognized even by its players. Is this a full-on endorsement of their actions? I think not. You can find any person -- even people who play it -- trashing the series for this practice. Full stop.

The biggest thing motivating people to adopt the next CoD game is the threat of a waning player count in the previous titles and the loss of content they paid extra for. It's an absolutely predatory and despicable practice. Barring my obvious characterization of the practices, do you think it should continue, solely because it works?

Concern about this is not ill-founded. It will influence the decisions of major publishers and developers, just as we are seeing happen (especially over last generation).

Think about it neutrally? Gamers drive revenue. Marketing can lure gamers into making specific buying decisions but at the end of the day, it is up to the gamer to purchase/support.

If gamers support annual COD buy purchasing the game, that is the masses directing the market. It is not my problems if the people who you claim have issues with the game continue to purchase the game. Blaming developers/publishers for COD being stagnant or nor innovative is rather silly if gamers keep supporting it. I am not interested in loud folks Internet bitching about games when at the end of the day, a purchase is going to be made for the same game. Once gamers keep buying there is no incentive to change a working model.

Again, not my problem. If CoD gamers are finding whatever means to justify their purchase, that is there issue. I will repeat, if there is no incentive to change the current formula, then there is no change. BTW, it is rather clear you are not thinking neutrally about the situation.

It is ill founded. This fake concern was on full blast 8 years ago. We are still seeing many companies invest in single player games. Single player games are still the most produce games regardless of the popularity of games like Fortnite and CoD.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Pedro said:

Seems like Sony is happy with multi platform games because it brings in more revenue and profits. PC gamers that are holding off purchasing a PS5 may be happy to hear this news. The acquisition of Nixxes is going to accelerate the port making. Also MLB on Xbox was a beneficial move for Sony. The death of exclusives continues.😂

good. exclusives don't really need to be a thing anymore. The companies don't make much off the hardware anyway. it's all made off sales of games, royalties from their digital stores, and subscription services. Reaching wider audience makes more sense for everyone. Only blatant fanboys would differ

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1860 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@Pedro said:

Dude, this is sad and plain false. First of all, isn't Splatoon a multiplayer game that sells DLC? Yet it was one of their most innovative games in recent times. Not only is it a new IP, but they put their own spin on the multiplayer shooter genre. Their artistic integrity is still there. Mario Kart and Animal Crossing, along with Smash, are adopting similar models to GAAS games and they're still quality games. Let's not panic here.

Also, what's wrong with GaaS games? Just because EA and Activision have crappy predatory pricing models doesn't mean other GaaS games have that problem. Fortnite is a great example of how to properly do a GaaS model. The DLC that you buy are simply skins that give you no advantage. So you can opt out of not purchasing them. Also, you get free in-game currency that you can eventually save up and buy a battle pass or skins. Fortnite is a very profitable game by the way, and others have followed in their foot steps, which is a great thing. However, if gaming companies want to follow the Activision method, that's not on the genre, that's on the companies themselves. In that case, gamers need to stand up for themselves. If they find that EA and Activision are horrible, let them boycott. If they continue to buy their products, then that's on them.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

@Pedro said:
@SecretPolice said:

🤭🤫

It would benefit Xbox tremendously considering Xbox has no first party games

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro  Online

@mysticaldonut said:

I am sorry that having no games for at least the next 8 months makes you upset.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MysticalDonut

@Pedro said:
@mysticaldonut said:

I am sorry that having no games for at least the next 8 months makes you upset.

Xbox Series X launched November 2020 with mostly multiplatform titles and titles that were already available on Xbox One consoles and PC (like Gears Tactics). New games like The Falconeer and The Medium, initially only on Xbox/PC platforms, have now also come to PS4, PS5 or both.

Playstation has gotten Demon's Souls Remake, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Godfall, Destruction AllStars, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart...

Please tell me, with sound fact and logic that you are unable to rebute, who is really upset here?

By this November, the only new title Xbox will have released for their newest hardware will be a Forza title. Halo Infinite is slated for "Q4 2021" with no solid release date and it is already August 2021.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro  Online

@mysticaldonut said:

Xbox Series X launched November 2020 with mostly multiplatform titles and titles that were already available on Xbox One consoles and PC (like Gears Tactics). New games like The Falconeer and The Medium, initially only on Xbox/PC platforms, have now also come to PS4, PS5 or both.

Playstation has gotten Demon's Souls Remake, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Godfall, Destruction AllStars, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart...

Please tell me, with sound fact and logic that you are unable to rebute, who is really upset here?

By this November, the only new title Xbox will have released for their newest hardware will be a Forza title. Halo Infinite is slated for "Q4 2021" with no solid release date and it is already August 2021.

Cool deflection. Now point me to the Sony games you will be playing over the next 8 months. 😎

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MysticalDonut

@Pedro said:
@mysticaldonut said:

Cool deflection. Now point me to the Sony games you will be playing over the next 8 months. 😎

So you're such a corporate shill that you can't even acknowledge facts?

Xbox has had next to nothing since their new console launched. Playstation will be pretty dry over the next year without much exclusive content.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X: For Sony, they aren’t going full GaaS like MS (at least with GP, their titles will still lean heavily toward micro transaction offerings). Rarher, they’re searching for a way to profitably distribute their games and expand their ecosystem to include other devices. I think they’re dabbling with staple market players (like Epic, Steam) because there are other entities trying to litigate change via antitrust considerations. They want to see it shake out before committing one way or the other.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

Man, it's great Sony gave MS a game since the pickings on Xbox are bone dry. Sony gamers will happily continue with playing Psychonauts 2, Deathloop, Ghostwire Toyko, Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76 and Minecraft in the meantime. Xbox continues to provide third party content to their Sony masters on a regular basis. 😁

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pedro  Online

@mysticaldonut said:

Playstation will be pretty dry over the next year without much exclusive content.

So, I was correct.😂

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MysticalDonut

@Pedro: yes but you’re too much of a corporate shill to admit that it’s no different than Xbox for the past year 😂 like what. Enjoy walking through life with biased blinders on your eyes

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts
@Pedro said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

There is no downside to releasing games at the same time. What would be the difference between same day versus one - two years? Are the gamers that going to purchase it a year or two later different from the ones who would purchase it on their preferred platform?

xbox says hi. the 360 sold almost the same as a ps3 that gen. you know why? because of exclusives. the sales of the 360 and xbox one declined when there first party games disappeared and once they started bringing there games to pc.

look at ps2 and ps4 sales compared to the ps3. ps3 finally caught up to 360 after the 600 price tag because of the ps3 exclusives. games like uncharted and last of us and many others.

exclusives sell consoles. why go all this trouble to make a great console if you start bringing there games to the other consoles?

its great there bring it to pc to make more software sales. maybe 6 months in instead of years. but by doing this they can sell more consoles for those who don't want to wait.

sell more consoles day one then 6 months later more software sales for pc gamers.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

Nothing from sony is coming to xbox you Piece of crap. Its going to PC if anything.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MysticalDonut

@gifford38: there’s no point in arguing with that Pedro guy, he’s a biased idiot internet troll

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro  Online

@gifford38 said:

xbox says hi. the 360 sold almost the same as a ps3 that gen. you know why? because of exclusives. the sales of the 360 and xbox one declined when there first party games disappeared and once they started bringing there games to pc.

look at ps2 and ps4 sales compared to the ps3. ps3 finally caught up to 360 after the 600 price tag because of the ps3 exclusives.

exclusives sell consoles. why go all this trouble to make a great console if you start bringing there games to the other consoles.

its great there bring it to pc to make more software sales. maybe 6 months in instead of years. but by doing this they can sell more consoles for those who don't want to wait.

sell more consoles day one then 6 months later more software sales for pc gamers.

Outside of the obvious fallacies in your comment, I am sorry that you are stuck in the past. Luckily, Sony and Microsoft don't share your sentiment because both companies are focused on multi-platform games.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:

@Pedro: yes but you’re too much of a corporate shill to admit that it’s no different than Xbox for the past year 😂 like what. Enjoy walking through life with biased blinders on your eyes

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro  Online

@mysticaldonut said:

So, you still have no games from Sony for the rest of the year. 😂🤣

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:

@gifford38: there’s no point in arguing with that Pedro guy, he’s a biased idiot internet troll

right I showed him proof from other developers not just sony first party.

he only believes xbox news on websites. but if a website talks about the ps5 its just marketing bull crap.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro  Online
@zerothehero said:

Nothing from sony is coming to xbox you Piece of crap. Its going to PC if anything.

MLB The Show, says hi. 😂

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MysticalDonut

@gym_lion: I said that PlayStation going to be pretty dry for the next year. Sure let’s hear the hypocrisy.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pedro  Online

@mysticaldonut said:

@gym_lion: I said that PlayStation going to be pretty dry for the next year. Sure let’s hear the hypocrisy.

We know it is going to be dry because that is the reality that triggered you in the first place. 😂

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

Of course. Fanboys get their little 1 inch semi-chubs over exclusivity. Sony wants to make money.