Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
@zerothehero said:
@SecretPolice said:

I Herd they're going to bring more of their exclusive games to Xbox as well. Cows amcry. ;o

lol :P

you Piece of crap.

pot meet kettle

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@Pedro said:
@mysticaldonut said:

@gym_lion: I said that PlayStation going to be pretty dry for the next year. Sure let’s hear the hypocrisy.

We know it is going to be dry because that is the reality that triggered you in the first place. 😂

Four hours later and you still can't admit in the equality between Xbox being dry for the past year and Playstation being dry for the next...yet you are still responding. Wow lol. Internet troll to a T

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70042 Posts
@mysticaldonut said:

Four hours later and you still can't admit in the equality between Xbox being dry for the past year and Playstation being dry for the next...yet you are still responding. Wow lol. Internet troll to a T

I am sorry that mentioning the PS drought for the rest of the year upsets you. 🥺

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6956 Posts

Death to exclusives! Consumers rejoice!

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

Good. Sony is still the market share leader.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pedro

@wonderwinner: Damage control noted. 🤭

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

Sweet. So glad I don't have to purchase more hardware to play these games. Also, being able to utilize extra PC power to upgrade the graphics from the console version and the ability to use M&K.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

@zerothehero said:
@SecretPolice said:

I Herd they're going to bring more of their exclusive games to Xbox as well. Cows amcry. ;o

lol :P

Nothing from sony is coming to xbox you Piece of crap. Its going to PC if anything.

lololol Nuff said. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@Pedro: what am I damage controlling here?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pedro

@wonderwinner said:

@Pedro: what am I damage controlling here?

That Sony is diluting their exclusives.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deactivated-611edca0d6021

@Pedro: Why would I damage control that? More games on PC is a good thing. HFW on my 3090 will be godly. Give me that HFR.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pedro

@wonderwinner said:

@Pedro: Why would I damage control that? More games on PC is a good thing. HFW on my 3090 will be godly. Give me that HFR.

I forgot you have a pretend PC. My bad. 😂

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@Pedro: yeah, Pedro, Go on, you got rekt because I believe Sony games on PC is a good thing and it doesn't fit your pathetic lemming narrative.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Pedro

@wonderwinner said:

@Pedro: yeah, Pedro, Go on, you got rekt because I believe Sony games on PC is a good thing and it doesn't fit your pathetic lemming narrative.

In your mind, even is getting rekt except you don't realize that you are just rekting yourself. 😂 Don't let me noting your damage control get you all upset. 😎

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-611edca0d6021

😴

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Pedro

Another person has been Pedroed.😎

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@Pedro: You're boring. Definitely lost your touch. Anyway, I'm logging out because this board is stale and Pedro with its 53k posts and 20yo account is a really sad person.

Imagine wasting 20 years on a forum? LoL.

Logging out, by loserdro.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pedro

@wonderwinner said:

@Pedro: You're boring. Definitely lost your touch. Anyway, I'm logging out because this board is stale and Pedro with its 53k posts and 20yo account is a really sad person.

Damn. My presence really gets to you hardcore. How sad. 😥

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44635 Posts

To maximize profit they should focus on releasing their games on PC at same time as they do on consoles. I think having a wider reception really helps peak and prolong the hype and overall have better sales than if a game gets a console release followed by a PC release a couple years later.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

C'mon Sony just put Demons Souls on other platforms

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pedro

@lamprey263 said:

To maximize profit they should focus on releasing their games on PC at same time as they do on consoles. I think having a wider reception really helps peak and prolong the hype and overall have better sales than if a game gets a console release followed by a PC release a couple years later.

A win for everyone. 😁

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

Holy shit did you get triggered

Good job Pedro 😂😂😂😂😂

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@kingtito said:
@wonderwinner said:

Holy shit did you get triggered

Good job Pedro 😂😂😂😂😂

Pedro deserves kudos to rid the forums of the mental midget that WW is

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pedro

I didn't know it was going to be that easy. 😏

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1908 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

Pedro is pretty much the same as he always was. The issue is that a lot of the interesting people that he argued with are now banned.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Pedro

@luxuryheart said:

Pedro is pretty much the same as he always was. The issue is that a lot of the interesting people that he argued with are now banned.

I wonder why? 🤔

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Pedro: Thank you, sir!

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Sony should just go third party.

That's what they should do, I agree. They have inferior console hardware, gave up on hosting Japanese content (what they were known and loved for), and take forever to put out their AAA first party games these days.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

@Pedro said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

You don't take into account how publishers can influence buying decisions with marketing and other nasty tricks. Think about it neutrally without the intent to promote service models or to amplify a specific company's marketing message. They're never on your team.

Additionally, using this same logic you presented, you would have to conclude gamers laud appreciate the model Activision follows with games like Call of Duty, a series that for no good reason gets an annual re-release, built upon an existing and successful engine. It continues to be one of the most successful game series' despite this clear lack of innovation recognized even by its players. Is this a full-on endorsement of their actions? I think not. You can find any person -- even people who play it -- trashing the series for this practice. Full stop.

The biggest thing motivating people to adopt the next CoD game is the threat of a waning player count in the previous titles and the loss of content they paid extra for. It's an absolutely predatory and despicable practice. Barring my obvious characterization of the practices, do you think it should continue, solely because it works?

Concern about this is not ill-founded. It will influence the decisions of major publishers and developers, just as we are seeing happen (especially over last generation).

Think about it neutrally? Gamers drive revenue. Marketing can lure gamers into making specific buying decisions but at the end of the day, it is up to the gamer to purchase/support.

If gamers support annual COD buy purchasing the game, that is the masses directing the market. It is not my problems if the people who you claim have issues with the game continue to purchase the game. Blaming developers/publishers for COD being stagnant or nor innovative is rather silly if gamers keep supporting it. I am not interested in loud folks Internet bitching about games when at the end of the day, a purchase is going to be made for the same game. Once gamers keep buying there is no incentive to change a working model.

Again, not my problem. If CoD gamers are finding whatever means to justify their purchase, that is there issue. I will repeat, if there is no incentive to change the current formula, then there is no change. BTW, it is rather clear you are not thinking neutrally about the situation.

It is ill founded. This fake concern was on full blast 8 years ago. We are still seeing many companies invest in single player games. Single player games are still the most produce games regardless of the popularity of games like Fortnite and CoD.

This is a remarkable simplification and/or complete mischaracterization of the point I'm making. I don't have the energy to go through all of the seemingly intentional misinterpretations, but I will try to answer a few.

For one, I have no issue with people who continue to buy the games or spend money despite the predatory monetary practices. Where did you even get that from? My point could almost be described as antithetical to this: the publishers encourage these practices, and then use marketing and other nasty tricks to get people to continue purchasing the "new" games despite minimal changes because they have no choice!

Second, the point you make supporting the fact that it is successful for activision to engage in this despite the obviously minimal effort, you have no legs when you criticize "movie games," content-rich open-world games like TW3 and BOTW, etc. because these, regardless if you're a fan of them or not, require more effort than the rotation of some assets with a copy-paste job.

There are a few other assumptions you make about what I'm saying, but I'll leave those for now.

Now to your main point, which I believe most on this board will disagree with, just because it is a smash hit in sales, doesn't mean it is excellent. If this were the case, you should be applauding the performance of all great selling titles, hardware etc. Additionally, this near worship level of support that you seem to have for successful business models despite how obviously predatory they are is tangential to the point I make. There is little actual reason for a game like Call of Duty to get a yearly release.

Lasly, no, it isn't Ill-founded. If every multiplayer game I have dabbled in for an extended amount of time employed these practices, it would have been expensive enough to be prohibitive for at least a few of them. Come on.

Also singleplayer games, I never mentioned the genre alone as being susceptible to this. This is mostly a problem with multiplayer games since they are more profitable. I didn't bring the genre up before, but if I may in a way salient to the discusison, they absolutely would not be encouraged if these models take over. It's just not going to make dollar signs appear in a publishers' eyes unless they have an established market. Think about Square selling their games on mobile vs a small developer pitching a project to a publisher. The small dev's game would most likely have ads shoehorned in, part of why its hard to talk about mobile gaming next to what we're familiar with.

Interesting debate though honestly.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

@luxuryheart: Ugh. Try re-reading the comments I made.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Pedro
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

This is a remarkable simplification and/or complete mischaracterization of the point I'm making. I don't have the energy to go through all of the seemingly intentional misinterpretations, but I will try to answer a few.

1.For one, I have no issue with people who continue to buy the games or spend money despite the predatory monetary practices. Where did you even get that from? My point could almost be described as antithetical to this: the publishers encourage these practices, and then use marketing and other nasty tricks to get people to continue purchasing the "new" games despite minimal changes because they have no choice!

2.Second, the point you make supporting the fact that it is successful for activision to engage in this despite the obviously minimal effort, you have no legs when you criticize "movie games," content-rich open-world games like TW3 and BOTW, etc. because these, regardless if you're a fan of them or not, require more effort than the rotation of some assets with a copy-paste job.

There are a few other assumptions you make about what I'm saying, but I'll leave those for now.

3.Now to your main point, which I believe most on this board will disagree with, just because it is a smash hit in sales, doesn't mean it is excellent. If this were the case, you should be applauding the performance of all great selling titles, hardware etc. Additionally, this near worship level of support that you seem to have for successful business models despite how obviously predatory they are is tangential to the point I make. There is little actual reason for a game like Call of Duty to get a yearly release.

4.Lasly, no, it isn't Ill-founded. If every multiplayer game I have dabbled in for an extended amount of time employed these practices, it would have been expensive enough to be prohibitive for at least a few of them. Come on.

5.Also singleplayer games, I never mentioned the genre alone as being susceptible to this. This is mostly a problem with multiplayer games since they are more profitable. I didn't bring the genre up before, but if I may in a way salient to the discusison, they absolutely would not be encouraged if these models take over. It's just not going to make dollar signs appear in a publishers' eyes unless they have an established market. Think about Square selling their games on mobile vs a small developer pitching a project to a publisher. The small dev's game would most likely have ads shoehorned in, part of why its hard to talk about mobile gaming next to what we're familiar with.

Interesting debate though honestly.

1. You have very specific issues with these publishers and developers. That is fine. But you really can't argue that gamers don't have a choice. This is a non critical activity. And because of that, gamers are not forced to purchase the next installment of COD or the others like it.

2. I do have legs when I criticize movie games. I make it rather clear that I don't the way in which is takes control away from players but the general gaming population do. Not every game has to be to my liking or catered towards me. I simply find other games that fit my taste. I am not going to say they should stop making these games if gamers are into them. There are many games that gamers enjoy that I can criticize but doesn't mean they should not be made or supported. I am not going to dive into the copy and paste comment and your references that counter.

3. I have near worship level of support for these successful business models? What? Pointing out the obvious is not equal to worship or adoration. You are confusing concepts. Also it is not a general disagreement on this board the smash hits are automatically excellent games. I would appreciate you not making claims that are blatantly false on my behalf.

4. Gamers can only play and spend on X amount of games. It doesn't matter if all games implement these practices you speak of or not. This also cements the reality that gamers have options. Which is counter to point number 1.

5. These models are currently the most profitable in comparison to any single player game but single player games are still made by a ratio that dwarfs these games. So, I am not sure what takeover would equate to. Is that monetarily speaking or number of games? If we are speaking monetarily, they have already taken over and single player games are still as strong as before. If we are talking about the number of these games dwarfing or surpassing single player in share numbers, that is impossible because of point 4.