Sony: Gamescom is going to be a PS Vita Show

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

Give me a new Patapon or give me death!

tumblr_lr69b8oRWU1qci335o1_500.png

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

[QUOTE="Hoznary"] How could Sony fool you once? You don't even own a Vita + Sony never said that E3 was a Vita show.Hoznary

Shahid Kamal Ahmad, Senior Business Development Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, teased everyone in late May that an "amazing big title" was coming to Vita.

Then Game Informer teased a "surprisingly big Vita show" at E3

http://gematsu.com/2013/05/game-informer-teases-surprisingly-big-ps-vita-show-at-e3

And then nothing really happened aside from some good games we already know about like Tearaway

Did you read the tweet? No where did Ahmad say that the big title was for E3! It was those guys in game informer that jumped to conclusion. . I was pissed at first but then i went back to check upon them

Yeah, he clarified and said that he's pretty much NDA'd. His enthusiasm leading up to the event seemed to hint at a lot of neat indie stuff for VITA (which was awesome)!
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 wakefulness

Give me a new Patapon or give me death!

tumblr_lr69b8oRWU1qci335o1_500.png

Jynxzor
Shuhei Yoshida didn't say anything about that on when interviewed (on Podcast Beyond!).
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#104 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Show me the masterpieces.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] N[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

They've said similar things so many times I won't get my hopes up but I'd like:

$150 PS Vita with PSP Go lay out, slide out controls. 4-inch LCD screen to cut costs but still keep it nice and also smaller screen will extend battery life. Battery life of 6-9 hours minimum. Replace memory stick slot with MicroSD slot.

wakefulness

that might actually sell..

The slide out design actually costs money to manufacture. Those mechanical pieces always cost extra to lay out and implement.

Logically you could save money to make up for that additional cost by changing the screen from 5 inch OLED to 4 inch LCD

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i dont want just a vita show....i want at least 1 or 2 more launch exclusive announcements. oh and a price drop

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

that might actually sell..

bonesawisready5

The slide out design actually costs money to manufacture. Those mechanical pieces always cost extra to lay out and implement.

Logically you could save money to make up for that additional cost by changing the screen from 5 inch OLED to 4 inch LCD

Not really. The mechnical instruments cost and the fact Sony might need to eat up a contract with Samsung over the VITA's OLED production might cost more than what they are doing now.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="wakefulness"] The slide out design actually costs money to manufacture. Those mechanical pieces always cost extra to lay out and implement.wakefulness

Not really. The mechnical instruments cost and the fact Sony might need to eat up a contract with Samsung over the VITA's OLED production might cost more than what they are doing now.

They could probably work out a great deal with Samsung to supply a smaller LCD screen. I'm sure Samsung would bite as they'd rather have some contract with a Sony handheld than none at all. Heck, they aren't meeting expectations on OLED screen productions anyway as they likely expected to make many more and then the system tanked. So if re-negotiating a deal where Samsung gets $5 per OLED screen on only 5 million devices means making more money via $2.50 per LCD screen on 15-30 million devices, I'd think they'd work it out. Samsung would understand that the jump from OLED to LCD is a cost cutting measure to get a cheaper model out the door and quite frankly they can't be making as much money as they hoped to off producing OLED screens for it.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

bonesawisready5

They could probably work out a great deal with Samsung to supply a smaller LCD screen. I'm sure Samsung would bite as they'd rather have some contract with a Sony handheld than none at all. Heck, they aren't meeting expectations on OLED screen productions anyway as they likely expected to make many more and then the system tanked. So if re-negotiating a deal where Samsung gets $5 per OLED screen on only 5 million devices means making more money via $2.50 per LCD screen on 15-30 million devices, I'd think they'd work it out. Samsung would understand that the jump from OLED to LCD is a cost cutting measure to get a cheaper model out the door and quite frankly they can't be making as much money as they hoped to off producing OLED screens for it.

Sony isn't looking to Samsung for any OEM needs. Not when Sony can do their own thing (ala making their own PSP parts and manufacturing it). I don't know what the deal was (for Samsung to make the VITA OLED displays), but I don't know if Samsung would sit down with Sony and talk a reconstruction of a set deal all for the betterment of a Sony product. And that's what the deal might be like; Samsung might already have that money in hand from Sony (regardless of how big or small the dollar amount).
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Aww, but I want more PS4 :(

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

PS Vita is getting slaughtered by the 3Ds but a least piracy hasn't gotten out hand yet like it did with the PSP :lol:

Google Search  Google Translate  Wikipedia  Search YouTube  Search Amazon  Share Share:Google+FacebookTwitterLinkedInRedditEmail  
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

PS Vita is getting slaughtered by the 3Ds buy a least piracy has gotten out hand yet like it did with the PSP :lol:CroidX

Someone translates this bot for me please :|