Sony charging for online play next gen would be the biggest case of ownage ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

So basically, Sony charging for online = okay. Got it, because before it was a MAJOR issue, but now Sony is doing it, it's absolutely fine.

Take out the PS+ bs the cows are hiding behind. The idea that you had to pay to play online made the cows stomachs turn before, but SUDDENLY it's ok. Just getting on the same page here. :roll:

HalcyonScarlet
It's called being a hypocrite. Almost everyone in System Wars does it *gasp* !! You should try it.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

So basically, Sony charging for online = okay. Got it, because before it was a MAJOR issue, but now Sony is doing it, it's absolutely fine.

Take out the PS+ bs the cows are hiding behind. The idea that you had to pay to play online made the cows stomachs turn before, but SUDDENLY it's ok. Just getting on the same page here. :roll:

HalcyonScarlet

Dude, 5 dollars a month is nothing now, it was a big deal last week, but today, its nothing.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#403 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

Snugenz

Dude, 5 dollars a month is nothing now, it was a big deal last week, but today, its nothing.

:P so true. That was one sharp turn in the recession.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] They showed a couple of games we seen at their reveal already, indie games, FF and Kingdom Hearts, thats it. Microsoft show game after game after game and tons of exclusives. 140 games in development...all consoles have that many games in development...the Wii U has that many games in development, and most of them are mutliplats. I would rather pay $100 more and have to connect to the internet for more and better exclusive games.Miketheman83

And not be able to lend and trade in games or rent ttoo? Really?

Microsoft already said you can trade in games though. The only difference at this point between consoles is an internet requirement and price point. Are people willing to deal with those things for more exclusive games? I think so.

Given MS are taking their nice fat cut of the used games sales there's no chance used games will be as cheap. Unless Gamestop and the rest change their entire commercial strategy then they'll need to up the price of used games on Xbox One to survive. Means lesser savings for consumers. Publishers can also block used game sales on Xbox One, there's literally zero possibility of this for single player games on PS4 and only online passes being possible. Huge difference between this and last gen on the Xbox One.
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

Snugenz

To be fair, isn't it cheaper than Xbox Live? Plus all the extra content you get from PS Plus will be available for you as well.

That being said, I still don't know if it's worth it. I'm gonna need some serious convincing these next few months for me to fold to the idea of paying for multiplayer.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

Trail_Mix

To be fair, isn't it cheaper than Xbox Live? Plus all the extra content you get from PS Plus will be available for you as well. That being said, I still don't know if it's worth paying for. At least in my opinion. I'm gonna need some serious convincing these next few months for me to fold to the idea of paying for multiplayer.

I was being facetious :P, but yes it probably will be better value in the long run (unless MS decide to continue the 2 free games a month thing after the X1 launches).

It's not like i have anything against PS+ as i currently subscribe to it and don't subscribe to XBLG, but the flip flopping from the PS fanboys has been funny.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

[QUOTE="Trail_Mix"]To be fair, isn't it cheaper than Xbox Live? Plus all the extra content you get from PS Plus will be available for you as well. That being said, I still don't know if it's worth paying for. At least in my opinion. I'm gonna need some serious convincing these next few months for me to fold to the idea of paying for multiplayer.Snugenz

I was being facetious :P, but yes it probably will be better value in the long run (unless MS decide to continue the 2 free games a month thing after the X1 launches).

It's not like i have anything against PS+ as i currently subscribe to it and don't subscribe to XBLG, but the flip flopping from the PS fanboys has been funny.

No, I understand, and I do think it's laughably hypocritical. This coming from a PS fanboy myself. haha

Perhaps it's because I'm so disgruntled about the whole idea.

Who knows.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Well that's $ony screwed then because cows told me they would all quit gaming if multi player was put behind a paywall. Sad times indeed for $ony. RIP.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Fvcking Sony. Why you have to be as greedy as microsoft?

Now both consoles have online gaming behind paywall. Thanks microsoft for starting it, thanks sony for following.

Tidemoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 Tidemoo
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts

Sony are brining in a sick cloud service which includes ram streaming and other high tech cloud services it rivals MS cloud. You think you can provide a fully functioning cloud service for free? Even MS wouldnt put that cash up its **** cost is huge.

A few Euros for Cloud that streams content on the fly and can stream game features yes please!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Have lems forgot that the Xbox one also requires online fee's? The Xbox One is a massive joke. Terrible in every single way.

The PS4 doesn't seem that good either but it's still much better than the Xbox one. 

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

So, in reality, PC has the best online and is free (and always will be)...and everything else has a fee. Interesting, just interesting. PC wins.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Turns out Sony charges for online play (TCHBO), while still manage to raped MS and the entire lems population in 2 minutes.
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Turns out Sony charges for online play (TCHBO), while still manage to raped MS and the entire lems population in 2 minutes.rjdofu

Indeed. Thank you Lord Kaz.

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
Cows love paying for online now, don't bother me as long as they bring it with PS+.
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Member of XBL for 8 years and a PS+ for almost 3 (since its inception) No issue for me.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#418 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22772 Posts

This is some impressive ownage :D Can't wait for the innevitable damage control from Cow's.

Stringerboy
Yeah agreed... Sony had a straight up impressive showing... But this is worth squeezing every last ounce of ownage from... Cows have absolutely no leg to stand on whatsoever.... Their worst scenario with online came true. Dc it all u want, it's concentrated ownage for many. Still the ps4 is looking like the best next fen choice.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#419 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts
Cows love paying for online now, don't bother me as long as they bring it with PS+.Jack-Burton
its a difference to pay for getting free new games , and to pay to "unlock" multiplayer in games you already own
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#420 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
I don't like paying for live. And even though plus can be good some months most of the year it sucks, at least here in the US. I am going to play the wait game and see how this plays out in the months after the launch the system. If enough games come out and they can match or exceed Microsoft with online I might get a ps4 sometime late next year. Hopefully that happens because x1 is not looking to likely to be purchased from me anytime soon.
babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Cows love paying for online now, don't bother me as long as they bring it with PS+.AmnesiaHaze
its a difference to pay for getting free new games , and to pay to "unlock" multiplayer in games you already own

That gif is hilarious LOL

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Cows love paying for online now, don't bother me as long as they bring it with PS+.AmnesiaHaze

Exactly. Drive Club alone covers a year sub because I was gonna buy that game separate until I heard its free for PS+. What games are M$ giving away for XBL next-gen lems? Well I guess I'll never get a response from lems because they are now extinct :lol:

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
Sony is known to always change their minds. Their policies can change at any given time. I thought they said they will leave it up to the publishers though?
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Cows love paying for online now, don't bother me as long as they bring it with PS+.NathanDrakeSwag

Exactly. Drive Club alone covers a year sub because I was gonna buy that game separate until I heard its free for PS+. What games are M$ giving away for XBL next-gen lems? Well I guess I'll never get a response from lems because they are now extinct :lol:

I bet you didnt even watch the MS conference. Turns out they ARE giving away free games with gold subscriptions on the X1.
Tidemoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 Tidemoo

I said it before I will say it again,

SONY MUST CHARGE FOR ONLINE NOW

Why?

They have to support there new Cloud based tech which cost millions and millions to set up and run. Like MS who are aiming for 300.000 plus servers. The new cloud tech isnt just for game saves and video on demand. The new clusters can stream game content whislt you play such as TESO which is vital for an MMO, entering a new level? it can be loaded already via the cloud with no impact on system performance.

Then there is Ram streaming which is the massive thing, they can use the cloud set up to already compute what would have already been heavy cpu loads, again ill use TESO as an example since MMOs typically are cpu heavy.

It would be almost impossible to run a cloud service of this magnitude and still be free of charge and lets not forget you get more than just the cloud.

Im quite well off and will be getting both systems (I need some Titanfall!! you cant deny that game is looking sick), I have always paid monthly fees for services that came with products. Been xbox gold sub since day 1 been PS+ since day one and many other services which I dont hardly use but still sub like the 10 diffrent streaming content services. Sure it was Sonys thing with free online but the quality was never as good as xbox live, Now it is now there is no excuses PS4 is complete in everyway except for the look which both systems seem to have got wrong at least in my tastes.

5 euro for online that has been RADICALLY upgraded? Hell yea!!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

SW is more delusional than ever, evah if they are spinning it as though Sony won anything with their E3 conference - MS cleaned their clock with Games baby, Games :D Oh and PS4 on-line pay wall...

tumblr_m6r9g8X88q1r9etf5o1_500.gif:lol:

Tidemoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 Tidemoo

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"] its a difference to pay for getting free new games , and to pay to "unlock" multiplayer in games you already own Phazevariance

I bet you didnt even watch the MS conference. Turns out they ARE giving away free games with gold subscriptions on the X1.

Free games such as Halo 3 and Assasins Creed 2. Great old games you can get for 5 bucks. Whilst Sony give you up to date titles that even support Indie companys.
Good job MS great games...

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
The question is when will this pay wall start for the PS4 and what is there to stop it from making it to the PS3?
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"] its a difference to pay for getting free new games , and to pay to "unlock" multiplayer in games you already own Phazevariance

*up to the release of the new Xbox One*
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

seriously microsoft got owned by sony in the conferences, they got owned by saying the simple things like we support used games, you don't need to be online to play, you don't need to register your game, seriously this is the one thing which is good, and games sony has the best first party games their is.

for me microsoft hasn't shown me anything that i can't get on ps4 which is cheaper both buying the console and paying for online. sony did it in a good way, than microsoft just goes out and wants all your money, i mean half the games microsoft showed off had micro transactions in them i mean killer instinct of all games now it's free but o wait every week there is going to be a new character to buy new places to go. all money money money. pure greed. sony are saying here's our console it's $100/£80 cheaper than xbox you don't need internet to play a single player game, nor are we even going to stop you from selling it or lending it to your friend.we'll keep handing out games every month on ps+ but to play online your going to have to pay a year subscription of just £39.99 (not sure of the price in the us,) compared to xbox live which is normally 49.99.  plus a nice surprise we'll be giving away drive club if you sign up. 

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

This seriously might be a deal breaker for me. I mean, what's stopping me from jumping ship to Nintendo's console or to the PC?

It's just an overall ridiculous concept. There's absolutely no justification for multiplayer being behind a paywall. You already pay for internet, why this now?

I mean, in the past Sony put so much emphasis on online being free of charge. Now they're just throwing all that out the window? Plus, with this coming generation of games, multiplayer seems to be so much more of an integrative portion of the experience.

Just seems like a huge low blow to consumers. 

Trail_Mix
If you thought that sony was going to relinquish millions in revenue like ms gets from its subscribers your nuts. Its about the money my man.
Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#434 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

Thats what I think. Oh boy those cow tears would be delicious.

What do you think would be the biggest case of ownage on SW:

• Sony charging for oniine play with the PS4
  • Microsoft's next console requiring an online connection to work
  • FF Versus going multiplat
  • Wii U takes off and consistently outsells the PS4/720

And any more you can think of ...

RR360DD

Pathetic. Classic preemptive case of butthurt.

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 Benny_Blakk

SW is more delusional than ever, evah if they are spinning it as though Sony won anything with their E3 conference - MS cleaned their clock with Games baby, Games :D Oh and PS4 on-line pay wall...

SecretPolice

Terrible. Games won't matter if nobody is buying their console.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#436 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
I'm not sure why lemmings are going nuts for that. Don't they....like, already pay for online themselves?
Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 Benny_Blakk

seriously microsoft got owned by sony in the conferences, they got owned by saying the simple things like we support used games, you don't need to be online to play, you don't need to register your game, seriously this is the one thing which is good, and games sony has the best first party games their is.

for me microsoft hasn't shown me anything that i can't get on ps4 which is cheaper both buying the console and paying for online. sony did it in a good way, than microsoft just goes out and wants all your money, i mean half the games microsoft showed off had micro transactions in them i mean killer instinct of all games now it's free but o wait every week there is going to be a new character to buy new places to go. all money money money. pure greed. sony are saying here's our console it's $100/£80 cheaper than xbox you don't need internet to play a single player game, nor are we even going to stop you from selling it or lending it to your friend.we'll keep handing out games every month on ps+ but to play online your going to have to pay a year subscription of just £39.99 (not sure of the price in the us,) compared to xbox live which is normally 49.99.  plus a nice surprise we'll be giving away drive club if you sign up. 

bezza2011

In a way, it is sad to see that SONY has adopted the "pay to play" model for online mulitplayer. But at the very least, PS+ has always include free games and discounts on many other titles so it isn't the same model that XBL has had for years. Meanwhile, MS has announced that they will be adding free games to XBL for Gold members. However, nothing has been stated about the present issue where 360 owners are barred from using Netflix if they don't cough up a fee to MS which is one of the dirtiest moves in entertainment history because Netflix isn't even a service provided by MS.

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

I don't want to support any console that requires you to pay for online mp. But Sony's got KH3, will probably also get Persona 5 as an exclusive down the road, and I don't think we'll be getting PS4 emulators any time soon.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

SecretPolice
The butthurt is strong with this one. Here watch this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxtVd5BGDt8
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Old thread is old.