Sony charging for online play next gen would be the biggest case of ownage ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Thats what I think. Oh boy those cow tears would be delicious.

What do you think would be the biggest case of ownage on SW:

• Sony charging for oniine play with the PS4
  • Microsoft's next console requiring an online connection to work
  • FF Versus going multiplat
  • Wii U takes off and consistently outsells the PS4/720

And any more you can think of ...

SuddenlySudden

Umm so SONY doing what Micripoff has been doing for years is suddenly a bad thing? And the only way sony would charge is if MS does. SONY WOULDN'T CHARGE IF MS DOESN'T. And MS will. There's a bigger chance that MS will charge and SONY wont than there is that SONY would charge and MS wouldn't so wtf is the problem here? Ummm...hello? Take a look at my blog. SONY WILL ONLY CHARGE IF MS DOES

Typical cow response. If Microsoft does it then it is because they are a greedy devil but if Sony does it well it is only because they had too since the big bad Microsoft did it.

This pretty much sums what I think will happen if Sony charges. The cows no matter what will find a way to justify Sony charging and they will still find reasons why Microsoft is bad for it. They will pretty much be their normal hypocritical selves.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

As long as they keep the price of the console is low , they could charge. There's a lot of potential money to bring in. They don't have to charge $60 for it though , lololololololololololol. 

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Not gonna happen, basic MP will always be free on PSN. Not everyone is M$, Steam is free and is better than Xbox Live in every way. You don't have pay for online to get a good online service. M$ has successfully brainwashed you lemmings into thinking you need to pay for online but Sony and Valve show otherwise.

#ThankyouSonyandValve

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

So Lems are now using a hypothetical situation created by TC as ownage?

Microsoft needs to get you guys some more games post-haste.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts
funniest scenario would be a 50% failure rate in PS4s with paid online to boot or the next Xbox is more popular in Japan than Wii U and PS4 combined
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

:roll:

It's pretty self explanatory.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Apparently it's not so explain yourself

It costs money to run and upgrade these services, that's why Microsoft charge (and also make a profit on it). $ony couldn't really charge because a few years ago their online service was miles behind LIVE. So $ony lose money on PSN.

Even when this is the case the drones still think it should be free and think Microsoft are just robbing people.

However i'm sure if $ony do charge next gen most of the drones will pay for it and find some way to justify it, most likely saying it's all Microsoft's fault, as we have seen already in this thread.

You frecking dumb fvck ididot what dose XBL have to do with Sony charging for provideing an online service if your initial argument for defending why MS charge for online is that, and I quote, "it cost money to run and upgrade these services"?

What kind of hypocritical mind trick fanboy mumbo jumbo logic are you t@rdlems trying to spin here?  Let's not forget that MS started the generation before last with an online service that was bare to the bones and MS still started off chargeing $50 a year.  

This whole thread is hypocritical and idiotic but your post takes the cake trying to make the argument that Sony couldn't charge because of XBL.  Sony could have charged and justified it by saying that it costs money for them to provide those services as well and the fact that MS did it the gen before last BUT THEY DIDN'T.  There is NO logical counter argement you can make against this so stop trying to pull fanboy s!ht out your ass.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

[QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] Or maybe it was free because that was included with the PS3's initial high price? And also with your logic....you do realize that XBL started out with nothing with the original xbox right? and didn't MS still charge for it?SuddenlySudden

No I don't think it was included in the PS3 price. And yes LIVE was quite bare bones on the OG Xbox but it still cost MSFT half a billion dollars to set up as has been pointed out above. The main purpose of these companies is to make money not provide charity.

Yeah and Sony setup PSN for free out of straw and wood right? Yes, they need to make money but there's a difference between profit and just being a completely greedy robber.

charging people psn+ for access to a setting that turns on your console in the middle of the day to check for updates is pretty bad. That sir is what I call true greed.  Low has MS if not lower

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

It costs money to run and upgrade these services, that's why Microsoft charge (and also make a profit on it). $ony couldn't really charge because a few years ago their online service was miles behind LIVE. So $ony lose money on PSN.

Even when this is the case the drones still think it should be free and think Microsoft are just robbing people.

However i'm sure if $ony do charge next gen most of the drones will pay for it and find some way to justify it, most likely saying it's all Microsoft's fault, as we have seen already in this thread.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

How is Sony losing money on PSN? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Its more like Microsoft has bad us tricked into paying for P2P. And most of the Live upgrades in the past few years have been for two things. To sell ad space and sell Kinect. They tried this shit on PC gamers with Games for Windows Live. PC gamers laughed at them and they had no choice but to make it free.

Cost of servers

Developer salary

Paying for timed exclusivity deals

Etc etc

These things cost money to create, maintain and upgrade, they don't just auto magically appear and work. The services are more than just P2P gaming. If you think otherwise then you are the one that sounds ridiculous.

1. Sony charges developers for every GB you download from the service. (Microsoft doesnt). This means you are also paying for Silver members activities as well as Windows Live PC users. 2. Sony requires an Online Pass for first party games. (Microsoft doesnt) 3. Free online means a bigger incentive for people to actually take their consoles online. 4. More people online means more people buying marketplace goods. 5. More people with online access means more people buying map packs. XBL Silver members are not buying multiplayer season passes or Online Passes. 6. Sony has a premium service. It just doesn't block online access. By giving games away for free that people don't buy anyway, chances are, they are going to buy content for these games. The constant Plus weekly deals which often times rival Steam, have people buying games they would not have otherwise. Plus is a good service however its also a money pit that feeds off of impulses. Its rare that XBL sales even come close. Plus also sells movie sales and rentals that people wouldn't pay attention to otherwise and since Vita games are included as well, having an instant library could very well push the sale of that device too. 7. If Live was free for multiplayer, Microsoft would have probably won the gen by a landslide. Everything is not as cut & dry as you are making it. You have this flawed opinion that Microsoft is making money and Sony isn't. According to Forbes, half of Microsofts money is made on the marketplace. With Sony offering incentives and tricks to use that marketplace, paying for basic multiplayer is pretty much irrelevant. Not to mention they are not making a dime from preowned copies of Halo, Gears or Forza since there is no online pass.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 casharmy

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"]BAM THIS THREAD SHOULD END HERE. BUT IT WOULDN'TSnugenz

It should end because some fanboy blew a gasket???.

Casharmy rages (fanboy shit usually) in most threads and it doesn't end them why would it happen now.

dude shut the hell up.  You don't need to worry about how or why I post seeing as you havn't tried to address anything I have said or the reason why I originally made my post. 

There is not fanboy sh!t in my post, I am just pointing out how mind numbingly stupid your fellow xbox fanboy posts are.  Are you here to join in the defense of this arguement or you just want to try to nitpick at my post while not really saying anything because I'm not a MS drone?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Ok, No.

How is it ownage that they gave us a whole gen of free online? I've been paying for PSN+ for 2 years now, so I wont really have a problem on the PS4 if its worth it, unlike LIVE.

Back in February 20, when they showed all those new PSN features it was pretty obvious that they'll be charging for online. There is no way they are going to offer all those sharing features for free when its going to cost them huge $ to provide that to us.

The only way it would be ownage is if Sony charges for online and then M$ comes out and makes LIVE (full acces to everything) free.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

It does cost money, MS invested half a billion is setting up XBL in 2002, back when online on the PS2 was pretty much non-existant. Kutaragi didn't believe in online play, hence pratically no progress in the area when the PS3 launched. If I recall correctly, PSN didn't even have a universal friends list when it launched :lol: So what exactly would have Sony charged for? There was no ecosystem like there was with XBL that re-launced a year earlier.

PSN only became a worty online service in 2009, and tell me this, what would cause more of a backlash? Sony deciding to charge mid-generation for online, thus basically forcing anyone who bought a PS3 prior to that to either pay or do without online play

OR

Sony announcing that online play will cost money on the PS4 (which might I add has an impressive looking online service) thus giving people the choice BEFORE they purchase the console.

This is just a hypothetical thread. No ones saying they will charge, but to say its impossible is just fanboy dreams.

RR360DD

Ok so you want to jump to the defense of this idiotic and hypocirital fanboy argument?  So you you also take on all of the stupidity that goes behind it...I am fine with that.  

First of all before I rip you to shreads....

1.  tell me what does any of the added services have to do with the basic underlying fact that the reason MS holds the p2p  ability to play games online ransom!!!!

:o TO MAKE THAT MORE CLEAR FOR YOU, IF YOU ARE ARGUING THE SERVICES ARE WHAT THE CHARGE IS FOR WHY THEN IS THE ABILITY TO SIMPLY PLAY ONLINE NOT FREE?????????? (yes you are going to sound stupid when you start backraracking as I point it out with each DC response)

2. You asked what sony could charge for?  Are you stupid..lol nvr mind let's just point out something else that we already know.. :o THEY CHARGE FOR THE ABILITY TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE...:| same as MS...NEXT

3. "PSN only became a worty online service in 2009"....You personal estimation of what PSN is or isn't worth has no factual bearing in this argument...next.

4.  I never said it was impossible for Sony to charge, but I do think its telling of what kind of fanboys you lemmings are praying to the heavens that this happens just to have some kind of vendicatin becuase you guys have been the ididots that have been paying and justifying this crap since the generation before last.  If Sony charges it's not a good thing for gamers...same as it has always been for MS with 360, what the hell is your arguement here?

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR FOR YOU...FEW IF ANY SONY FANS WOULD BE DEFENDING THE ACT SIMPLY BECAUSE SONY DID IT.  I konw I won't be praising it like lems here do just because it's their favorite company or becuase you guys have stocks invested and only interested in personal gain despite degrading the whole of gaming in the process.

1. Actually online games are client hosted. And there are other aspects to online play such as leaderboards, stat tracking etc. that are all server based.

2. PSN service was so non-existant at launch that it seemed like there was literally nothing tangable to charge for. Games at launch handed their own online, compared to XBL where it all fell under the same tree. That the difference, if you can't understand that then I'm sorry. Fact is, MS have got away with charging for online because there was a clear and evident system behind it, whether the current subscription model is right or not.

3. It did. Have you even had a PS3 since launch. It seems to me you havent - either that or your a blinder fanboy that I thought.

4. Who's praying? I was just asking which hypothetical situation would bring more LOLs. I think there possibility is there, so I listed it.

"FEW IF ANY SONY FANS WOULD BE DEFENDING THE ACT SIMPLY BECAUSE SONY DID IT"

YEAH RIGHT :lol: They will eventually. But the initial cow tears will be DELICIOUS

1. xbl is p2p online....also what dose leaderbards have to do with charging people money to use?  none the less, none of that is needed if all you want is to play games online.  Deflecting failure you never answered the question becuase you didn't have an answer GG...next

2. PSN service was so non-existant at launch....wait what?  PS3 launced with Resistance fall of Man with 40 player online matches with dedicated servers Has any Halo game been on dedicated servers or had more than 16 players online????????  FAIL...NEXT.

3. Ok so you are just being stupid now and trying to play opinino wars...Hows this for my opinion then, xbl isn't and never was worth a damn and charging for basic online service is a joke.  next

4. There is no "lols" only stupidity shown by lemmings who think that it will be funny if this happens when the whole gaming industry will be cheapend and degraded because of it.  

The "cow tears" you are imagining would be honest gamers who would upset that a basic gaming fuction has been taken away from them under a false "service label" It would be downgrading the game industry as a whole and gaming would take a dive, you lemmings are literlly the only iditots who would think this is a  good  thing. 

Complete fail want to try again?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

I think one of the biggest was the FF13 debacle. The meltdown was pretty hilarious.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Oh please, they would love it. If Sony does it, it must be good.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

FF Versus becoming Wii U exclusive.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RR360DD

I think one of the biggest was the FF13 debacle. The meltdown was pretty hilarious.

lundy86_4
Definitely, that whole period had cows on suicide watch, was pretty funny. Oh and TP flopping too
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
They'll keep current way of doing it.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
If the 720 has more exclusives that will be the best ownage.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Michael0134567
Thank you Sony.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RR360DD

Michael0134567

Kuri says he would abandon playstation if they did it but I don't believe him lol

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
If the 720 has more exclusives that will be the best ownage.Miketheman83
Can't be hard to go from 0 to something
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

RR360DD

Kuri says he would abandon playstation if they did it but I don't believe him lol

Lol what kind of cow is he?

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

DJ-Lafleur

Holy wow I think that would make the best day of System Wars ever.:lol:

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Kaze_no_Mirai

Thank you Sony.

For gamers, by gamers.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

Vyse_Legends

LOL gamespot would probably have to be shutdown to try and contain the massive amounts of salt and butthurt that would result.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
It would suck if they do charge for online but it would also be incredibly hilarious here in SW
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

[QUOTE="Vyse_Legends"]

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

DJ-Lafleur

LOL gamespot would probably have to be shutdown to try and contain the massive amounts of salt and butthurt that would result.

Yeah Gamespot and pretty much any site having anything to do with video games.:P

Fanboys are everywhere on the internet!:o

SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 SuddenlySudden
Member since 2013 • 618 Posts

RR360DD
Umm so SONY doing what Micripoff has been doing for years is suddenly a bad thing? And the only way sony would charge is if MS does. SONY WOULDN'T CHARGE IF MS DOESN'T. And MS will. There's a bigger chance that MS will charge and SONY wont than there is that SONY would charge and MS wouldn't so wtf is the problem here? Ummm...hello? Take a look at my blog. SONY WILL ONLY CHARGE IF MS DOES
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

SuddenlySudden

So you're saying that Sony always copies MS? Glad you agree.
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SuddenlySudden
Why Xbox 720 will Charge for online next Gen and how it will affect Sony. It's no secret that MS XBL charge this gen has sparked a lot of controversies over the past few years. People argue that certain features they have to pay for should be free, as they are free on the Playstation Network. Others believe that if one already has to pay Internet Service Provider fees, Xbox Live shouldn't be another fee they should have to worry about. The fact that XBL's rivalry service, Playstation Network, doesn't require gamers to pay a subscription fee also adds to the issue. This charge doesn't seem like it would be ending anytime soon but with the next gen consoles, PS4 and 720 or "nextbox" as it's called, just on the horizon, one would begin to wonder if Sony would charge for their online service next gen. Let's take a look at factors that could affect the outcome. Competition and sustainability is one. The standards for what online services should be like will increase greatly next gen. Sony and Microsoft as predicted are speculating an "always online" protocol for their consoles, where these gaming systems will possibly be required to always be connected to the interweb. Now with such an idea, it will be a costly thing to manage the servers and network infrastructure that controls and connects millions of consoles accross the globe, which is one factor to add to the list of possible reasons why Sony's online may not be free next gen. Another factor is a matter of competetion. If MS decides to continue to charge next year, which has a 95% chance of being the case with the previous factor I just gave as a reason, M$ will have the money they make to use to maintain their online world and to be able to afford to pump out goodies to their users. If Sony wants to keep up in terms of competetion, they would either need to charge or would have to endure a lot of loss in terms of revenue. And as I've also said, with the standards set for online's next gen that will need to be met to truly distinguish next gen from a current gen online experience, companies will have to spend more money and and sustain better equipment, so that being said, with the increase and not decrease of standards needing to be met, MS will NOT cease to charge for next gen's XBL, and if MS chooses to charge, then this factor has a 95% chance of affecting Son'y decision on whether to charge or not. In conclusion, PSN free service continuation or dismissal for next gen is almost entirely dependent on Microsoft's paid service's continuation or dismissal. There's a 95% chance that Sony WON'T charge is Microsoft DOESN'T charge, but if Microsoft is charging now, then there's a 95% chance that they will charge next gen, which in return affects Sony with a 95% chance of charging for next gen. It's not looking too good, gamers.
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SuddenlySudden
[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

mems_1224

sony always copies MS? A compnay that's been making consoles for years has always copied a company that just joined few years back? And I'm not saying they're copying I'm saying that for the amount of bullshit MS charges Xbox users for Sony is giving free this gen, so next gen if MS keeps charging and with the always on crap, in order to maintain all thier servers and services, MS will need to charge and earn profit just to keep putting out goods, and SONY might eithter take a lot of loss or charge just to keep up. SONY is keeping up this gen with XBL without charging though
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Sony charging for online would be impossible to top. Only 599 USD was worse.
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

:roll:

It's pretty self explanatory.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Apparently it's not so explain yourself

Tell me how blocking even website browsing is not robbing? and how browser costs them that they need to charge when Mozilla doing superior browser without profit?
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RR360DD
[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] Umm so SONY doing what Micripoff has been doing for years is suddenly a bad thing? And the only way sony would charge is if MS does. SONY WOULDN'T CHARGE IF MS DOESN'T. And MS will. There's a bigger chance that MS will charge and SONY wont than there is that SONY would charge and MS wouldn't so wtf is the problem here? Ummm...hello? Take a look at my blog. SONY WILL ONLY CHARGE IF MS DOES

sony always copies MS? A compnay that's been making consoles for years has always copied a company that just joined few years back? And I'm not saying they're copying I'm saying that for the amount of bullshit MS charges Xbox users for Sony is giving free this gen, so next gen if MS keeps charging and with the always on crap, in order to maintain all thier servers and services, MS will need to charge and earn profit just to keep putting out goods, and SONY might eithter take a lot of loss or charge just to keep up. SONY is keeping up this gen with XBL without charging though

Sony is bleeding. I don't know if they will charge for online play but considering how impressive the new PSN looks, and how successful the models been for MS I wouldn't put it past them.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

1. Actually online games are client hosted. And there are other aspects to online play such as leaderboards, stat tracking etc. that are all server based.

2. PSN service was so non-existant at launch that it seemed like there was literally nothing tangable to charge for. Games at launch handed their own online, compared to XBL where it all fell under the same tree. That the difference, if you can't understand that then I'm sorry. Fact is, MS have got away with charging for online because there was a clear and evident system behind it, whether the current subscription model is right or not.

3. It did. Have you even had a PS3 since launch. It seems to me you havent - either that or your a blinder fanboy that I thought.

4. Who's praying? I was just asking which hypothetical situation would bring more LOLs. I think there possibility is there, so I listed it.

"FEW IF ANY SONY FANS WOULD BE DEFENDING THE ACT SIMPLY BECAUSE SONY DID IT"

YEAH RIGHT :lol: They will eventually. But the initial cow tears will be DELICIOUS

RR360DD

1. xbl is p2p online....also what dose leaderbards have to do with charging people money to use?  none the less, none of that is needed if all you want is to play games online.  Deflecting failure you never answered the question becuase you didn't have an answer GG...next

2. PSN service was so non-existant at launch....wait what?  PS3 launced with Resistance fall of Man with 40 player online matches with dedicated servers FAIL...NEXT.

3. Ok so you are just being stupid now and trying to play opinino wars...Hows this for my opinion then, xbl isn't and never was worth a damn and charging for basic online service is a joke.  next

4. There is no "lols" only stupidity shown by lemmings who think that it will be funny if this happens when the whole gaming industry will be cheapend and degraded because of it.  

The "cow tears" you are imagining would be honest gamers who would upset that a basic gaming fuction has been taken away from them under a false "service label" It would be downgrading the game industry as a whole and gaming would take a dive, you lemmings are literlly the only iditots who would think this is a  good  thing. 

Complete fail want to try again?

1. *sign* Still getting confused? Its not p2p, games are client hosted. The XBL service is server based. My point was that there are still XBL servers - there are still XBL data centres that have to relay certain information. Microsoft don't charge for literally nothing. As I've said numerous times before, hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars has gone into XBL from Microsoft.

2. *second sigh* You just backed up my point. Games handled their own online. I know Resistance had online, I bought the game. But there was no consistent online system between games. That was my point.

3. Its nothing to do with opinion. PSN severly lacked in everything until 2009 and Sony got their act together. Do you remember the MGS4 online debacle? I do. I remember having to jump through around 100 hoops to get that set up online. Not even a diehard cow would defend that, so don't try.

LOL nah, gamers would just pay or else move to PC where its an open system. Cows would eat their own words, and it would be pretty funny might I add.

not going to keep repeating my self...but with this last post of yours I can conclude

You are an idiot

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

So you're admitting Lems are getting massively owned by M$ charging for Live right?

SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SuddenlySudden

CanYouDiglt

Typical cow response. If Microsoft does it then it is because they are a greedy devil but if Sony does it well it is only because they had too since the big bad Microsoft did it.

This pretty much sums what I think will happen if Sony charges. The cows no matter what will find a way to justify Sony charging and they will still find reasons why Microsoft is bad for it. They will pretty much be their normal hypocritical selves.

Dude, are you really in your right mind trying to tell me that a company that's tons of times richer than Sony is charging for what SONY has for free and still showing ads is a good thing? Cows aren't saying that MS charging is a bad thing in and of it's own, we're saying that MS charging you for what we have for free from SONY without ADS and other crappy things to endure, IS A BAD THING. And besides to us cows defense, if you really want to say we complain about MS charging, the only time we complain is when idiots say XBL is better than PSN because for one, that's an invalid argument. If something you get for free is just as good or even comparable to something you pay 60 bucks a year for, that's really fawking bad. Are you really in your right mind telling me that you can picture SONY charging next gen and MS not charging? SONY has every single fawking right to charge for PSN this current gen. I think you lems sometimes forget that
j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts
It has been the lemmings bggest wish and if it happens it will be a dream come true for lems... Why not just wish for m$ to stop charging for online play instead? Or better yet wish for some new exclusives? All those money youve been paying m$ you would think they will use it to give you lems some new games...
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

If the 720 has more exclusives that will be the best ownage.Miketheman83

I am buying both systems, evantually.

I can tell you this 100% sure Sony will have much more exclusives next gen. Hell Sony and other third party are still pumping out exclusives on PS3 in 2013. Xbox 360 is already dead with Exclusive games. I predict MS will yet again have a few of the top shooters.

So

Top FPS's or TPS's Next Gen = Next Xbox>>>>>>>>>>PS4.

All Other Games Next Gen = PS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Next Xbox.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I hope Sony wont charge for online play with PS4... we already have MS doing that !!

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

The mental gymnastics used to justify it will be worthy of a scientific study :lol:

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Yeah, it would be pretty hilarious, but I don't think they will charge for it. PlayStation Plus will still be used for those who want more content, and leave PSN as a free service by default.

Steam is also free, so I think Sony will stay where they are with PSN. By looking at other services, it seems that Microsoft is doing it wrong by charging for Xbox Live.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
The biggest case of ownage ever happened this gen and was the lems getting ripped off of millions of dollars while brainwashing them into defending their own rip off. It was something to ponder on what we've become as a species.
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SuddenlySudden

The mental gymnastics used to justify it will be worthy of a scientific study :lol:

HaRmLeSS_RaGe
wait what's there to freaking justify?? SONY has every right to charge for this gen and next gen too.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22626 Posts

mems_1224

I think what he's saying is that no matter what happens he's gonna try and deflect this insane amount of ownage on microsoft.... Its to be expected really. Cows can't possibly sustain the weight of that kind of devastating news. Best part will be how they'll be ok with it all of a sudden.
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SuddenlySudden
The biggest case of ownage ever happened this gen and was the lems getting ripped off of millions of dollars while brainwashing them into defending their own rip off. It was something to ponder on what we've become as a species.kuraimen
Wait so you're saying their system has no games, besides the four that I won't name *cough cough* GearsForzaHaloFable, they get charged for Online, they see ads on the online they're being charged for, they get charged for netflix/hulu/other video services, but they have to pay MS to use those services? ANd you're saying they don't think they're being ripped off?
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

[QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

SuddenlySudden

wait what's there to freaking justify?? SONY has every right to charge for this gen and next gen too.

I agree but the drone army doesn't. They seem to think it should cost $ony to provide, maintain and upgrade PSN :?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22626 Posts
[QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

SuddenlySudden

Haha no sooner do i post above when i read this... Soooooo predictable. Wow cows, just wow. :P
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]The biggest case of ownage ever happened this gen and was the lems getting ripped off of millions of dollars while brainwashing them into defending their own rip off. It was something to ponder on what we've become as a species.SuddenlySudden
Wait so you're saying their system has no games, besides the four that I won't name *cough cough* GearsForzaHaloFable, they get charged for Online, they see ads on the online they're being charged for, they get charged for netflix/hulu/other video services, but they have to pay MS to use those services? ANd you're saying they don't think they're being ripped off?

Yes. That's basically the definition of the word ownage.
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SuddenlySudden
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] Umm so SONY doing what Micripoff has been doing for years is suddenly a bad thing? And the only way sony would charge is if MS does. SONY WOULDN'T CHARGE IF MS DOESN'T. And MS will. There's a bigger chance that MS will charge and SONY wont than there is that SONY would charge and MS wouldn't so wtf is the problem here? Ummm...hello? Take a look at my blog. SONY WILL ONLY CHARGE IF MS DOES

I think what he's saying is that no matter what happens he's gonna try and deflect this insane amount of ownage on microsoft.... Its to be expected really. Cows can't possibly sustain the weight of that kind of devastating news. Best part will be how they'll be ok with it all of a sudden.

Okay let's break this into simple logical argument. Can you kindly explain to me how SONy charging next gen for Online will be ownage. I want to talk about this.