Sony Balks On Cross Network Play

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
@kvally said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@kvally said:

Nope, that means just the opposite. If they were not interested, they wouldn't look into any possible policy or business issues. Not to mention, they just said they are open to that. Again, great news for gamers.

You realize that "looking into policy issues" is just code for "we're trying to find a reason to say we can't because this is of no benefit to us".

False. But it's cool that you can determine what Sony thinks on your own, even though they have told us the opposite. As a PS gamer, myself and millions of others are excited about this.

give it a rest, neither of you know what they really meant with that statement or How SONY is going to go forward with this you are both making yourselves look like a pair of fools.

'even though they have told us the opposite.'

they have not told us the opposite at all, they have basically said 'we will think about it' and it should be left at just that

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44301 Posts

Thanks for nothing, Phony.

MS for gamers by gamers as always. lol :P

sonipat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 sonipat
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

Hello,

It was earlier this week that Microsoft announced cross-network play, a new feature that, in theory, could result in Xbox One gamers playing certain games online with PlayStation 4 users.

That, of course, is up to Sony. More than a few gamers were skeptical that Sony would play ball, but so far the company seems at least receptive to the idea of having Xbox and PlayStation users share (or compete) on the online battlefield.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12067 Posts

So much 'For the Gamers' mantra.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@delta3074: Gamers don't have XBone. It's your all in one media entertainment console.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

People seem to forget, Sony has been doing "cross play" for years.

Dust 514 with the PS3, More recently Rocket League (cross between PC and PS4). This is not new to Sony, but why would they help out their main competition? Like someone said earlier MS point black refused last gen to even consider any of this, stating the technology wasn't there (yet it was with Dust 514 on PS3? strange). This is a PR low blow from MS who know it will never become a reality and if it does it will only be of massive benefit to MS. People need to remember this is a company, with commitments to shareholders. Whether you believe in that kind of system of business is nobodies concern, but it explain why this will never happen and to be fair, its a very reasonable excuse.

MS are new to this game and clearly see an advantage and are just in it to try and claw back some sort of dignity from their absolute pummeling this gen.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@delta3074 said:
@kvally said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@kvally said:

Nope, that means just the opposite. If they were not interested, they wouldn't look into any possible policy or business issues. Not to mention, they just said they are open to that. Again, great news for gamers.

You realize that "looking into policy issues" is just code for "we're trying to find a reason to say we can't because this is of no benefit to us".

False. But it's cool that you can determine what Sony thinks on your own, even though they have told us the opposite. As a PS gamer, myself and millions of others are excited about this.

give it a rest, neither of you know what they really meant with that statement or How SONY is going to go forward with this you are both making yourselves look like a pair of fools.

they have not told us the opposite at all, they have basically said 'we will think about it' and it should be left at just that

Give it a rest? You responded to those posts almost 24 hours later. When neither of us was even continuing the conversation. So who is actually looking like a fool?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 delta3074

@Shewgenja said:

@delta3074: Gamers don't have XBone. It's your all in one media entertainment console.

Are you trying to imply that Xbone owners are not gamers?

I own an xbone and i have been gaming for 30 years this year.

How long have you been gaming?

Claiming anyone who owns an Xbone isn't a Gamer is just blatant BS and totally rubbish and if thats the best rebuttal you can come up with you should really go hide back under your Virtual reality rock.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#109 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@delta3074 said:
@kvally said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@kvally said:

Don't tell ANYONE to give it a rest, including me. You don't run this forum, and we are free to speak as we like.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Shewgenja

@delta3074 said:
@Shewgenja said:

Claiming anyone who owns an Xbone isn't a Gamer is just blatant BS and totally rubbish and if thats the best rebuttal you can come up with you should really go hide back under your Virtual reality rock.

You do game on something other than the XBone, right? In which case, this whole cross-platform thing doesn't affect you. If, however, you do only have an XBone then yea you're not a gamer. Your gamer status went into retirement when you fanboyed out for the voice-activated tv remote.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@Shewgenja: lmao

Xbone gamers are gamers bro, more than the cows that sit here damage controlling and circle jerking, barely playing your ps4 due to lack of games

I'd say he's a bigger gamer than you.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Shewgenja

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

@Shewgenja: lmao

Xbone gamers are gamers bro, more than the cows that sit here damage controlling and circle jerking, barely playing your ps4 due to lack of games

I'd say he's a bigger gamer than you.

You would.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@Shewgenja: glad you know your role, jabroni.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 sHaDyCuBe321

@kvally said:
@delta3074 said:
@kvally said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@kvally said:

Don't tell ANYONE to give it a rest, including me. You don't run this forum, and we are free to speak as we like.

YEAH DAMNIT!

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Damn, hopefully this doesn't mean Sony is backing off for good.

A unified network system would be awesome for us. More people to play with, all the time. I can understand the technical side of things being a bit messy to accomplish though (and the whole policies and financial interests of each company lining up also seems a big hurdle to overcome). Hoping they do make it happen in the end.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

I'm all for having more players to play with but how will the fanboys react to each other when they're playing together.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

What about all the gamers who hate xbox but want to play with their xbox friends?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Shewgenja

@Liquid_ said:

What about all the gamers who hate xbox but want to play with their xbox friends?

If this wasn't some earth-shattering issue when there were 80 million people on the 360, why would it start being one now?

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#119 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I think this would be really good for our community. Sony is in the driver's seat this gen, much like MS was last time. Maybe it's time we put down our swords and played together? Why not?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#120 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

On second thought, looking at some of the reponses here I'm not so sure cross network play with PS4 is a good idea, I consider myself naive for not realizing a lot nonsense would come out of this, where for me I thought it was a cool little idea for some games to have some friendly rivalry type matches of psn vs XBL users, it's been something that has been talked about for a while, I thought more people would be excited.

I have zero issues finding people to play with online on Xbox One, and I have no idea how people are turning this into MS trying to be sneaky. Hopefully the people here don't speak for the rest of the PS4 users, otherwise Sony should just respectfully decline the invitation and we shall have cross platform play with PC at least, that would be cool. Really no need for this cross platform play thing to happen if it will create this type of reaction, no biggie.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@Liquid_ said:

If this wasn't some earth-shattering issue when there were 80 million people on the 360, why would it start being one now?

Because now they want to do cross platform...the point of the thread..

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 delta3074

@Shewgenja said:
@delta3074 said:
@Shewgenja said:

You do game on something other than the XBone, right? In which case, this whole cross-platform thing doesn't affect you. If, however, you do only have an XBone then yea you're not a gamer. Your gamer status went into retirement when you fanboyed out for the voice-activated tv remote.

'yea you're not a gamer.'

Because you say so right?

Seriously, i nearly wet myself laughing mate, when you have actually been gaming as long as i have then come talk to me.

the Xbox one is OFFICIALLY classed as a games console your opinion isn't anywhere near important enough to change that fact or the Fact that the vast Majority of people classify it as a games console including and not limited to Gaming sites, Gaming Retailers, Gaming critics, games reviewers and most gamers.

you are not and never will be an authority on what constitutes being a gamer and even if you where my Seniority over rules you.

so please, do me a favor and quit with the Childish 'you is not a gamer cos you playz on Xbocks' rubbish ant try to find a rebuttal with some real substance in it.

silly cows, have only been around since the 5th gen yet they think they are the authority when it comes to gaming.

thanks for the laugh though.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By delta3074

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@kvally said:
@delta3074 said:
@kvally said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

YEAH DAMNIT!

Well at least you two can agree on something eh.

'Don't tell ANYONE to give it a rest' double standards much or are you denying that 'Don't tell anyone to give it a rest' is telling someone what to do.

'we are free to speak as we like.'

Which applies to me as well does it not?

Yawn.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Shewgenja

@delta3074 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@delta3074 said:
@Shewgenja said:

Seriously, i nearly wet myself laughing mate, when you have actually been gaming as long as i have then come talk to me.

the Xbox one is OFFICIALLY classed as a games console your opinion isn't anywhere near important enough to change that fact or the Fact that the vast Majority of people classify it as a games console including and not limited to Gaming sites, Gaming Retailers, Gaming critics, games reviewers and most gamers.

you are not and never will be an authority on what constitutes being a gamer and even if you where my Seniority over rules you.

so please, do me a favor and quit with the Childish 'you is not a gamer cos you playz on Xbocks' rubbish ant try to find a rebuttal with some real substance in it.

silly cows, have only been around since the 5th gen yet they think they are the authority when it comes to gaming.

In other words, you only have an XBone.. Also, I've been gaming since Moon Patrol was in arcades, so yeah. Swing and a whiff, dude.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#125 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@Shewgenja: They want cross-platform gaming so bad, it's lonely over there.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 delta3074

@Shewgenja said:
@delta3074 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@delta3074 said:
@Shewgenja said:

In other words, you only have an XBone.. Also, I've been gaming since Moon Patrol was in arcades, so yeah. Swing and a whiff, dude.

'Also, I've been gaming since Moon Patrol was in arcades, so yeah. Swing and a whiff, dude.'

So you have been gaming since 1982? you must be older than me then unless you started playing arcade games from 5 years old.

Still doesn't change anything, Xbox one is a games console, don't care if you think otherwise because i don't care about minority opinions.

Sorry about that)

I am 41 by the way and i don't count my time playing arcade games as my time as a gamer, i go from when i got my first home games machine which would be the ZX spectrum 48k.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

lol wait so xbox fanboys are upset that Sony doesn't trust or want to get in on a suggestion for an engagement offered by MS?

Are all of you really that stupid?

Do we have to go down the list of projects or "co-operative" ventures that companies, developers and indie studios have gone into with Microsoft and because of MS "policies" and cut-throat tactics lead to their COMPLETE ruin?

Oh yes I am sure lemmings would love the outcome of something so unflattering for Sony but cut the bullshit,

You are damn right Sony would want to see what MS has up their sleeve. It's always something with MS (refer to X1 reveal), even when they pledged to be giving back to PC they put everything in their restrictive and closed end windows 10 platform that even PC gamers call unacceptable...are you the same lot now screaming that Sony should run to MS with open arms and eyes closed saying yes let's share networks?

F*** outta here.

The question is how much do YOU trust MS? Being honest I only deal with them because they have such a hold on PC operation but I don't trust them nor their shifty anti-consumer business practices, I am sure most other companies as well as many vocal developers who they ruined feel the same way.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Shewgenja
@delta3074 said:

'Also, I've been gaming since Moon Patrol was in arcades, so yeah. Swing and a whiff, dude.'

So you have been gaming since 1982? you must be older than me then unless you started playing arcade games from 5 years old.

Still doesn't change anything, Xbox one is a games console, don't care if you think otherwise because i don't care about minority opinions.

Sorry about that)

I am 41 by the way and i don't count my time playing arcade games as my time as a gamer, i go from when i got my first home games machine which would be the ZX spectrum 48k.

You're alright in my book. Just, come on man. You can't be glued to one console this gen. There's way too much going on outside of the XBox. Last-gen, it had a whole lot of games in one house, but that's nowhere near the case anymore. I'm sorry I'm rattling your cage for the sake of SWs.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 sHaDyCuBe321

@Desmonic said:

Damn, hopefully this doesn't mean Sony is backing off for good.

A unified network system would be awesome for us. More people to play with, all the time. I can understand the technical side of things being a bit messy to accomplish though (and the whole policies and financial interests of each company lining up also seems a big hurdle to overcome). Hoping they do make it happen in the end.

But didn't you know Des, nobody's ever wanted that. :::eye roll:::

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 delta3074

@Shewgenja said:
@delta3074 said:

Sorry about that)

You're alright in my book. Just, come on man. You can't be glued to one console this gen. There's way too much going on outside of the XBox. Last-gen, it had a whole lot of games in one house, but that's nowhere near the case anymore. I'm sorry I'm rattling your cage for the sake of SWs.

'You can't be glued to one console this gen.'

no choice, have A wife and kids to be responsible for and i assume you know whats going on in blighty in the minute with low income workers losing 3,000 a year through child benefit cuts, moneys just too tight which is why i have had to restrict myself to older games for under 20 quid.

If it wasn't for my mate offering me an Xbone for a 100 quid i would not even have a current gen console.

don't get me wrong, i am no huge fan of the Xbone and i would rather have a PS4 Because theres a ton of indy games i want to play on it like helldivers for example but the option just wasn't there.

the bloody install times on the Xbone are becoming a real deal breaker for me, it took 5 hours to install Ryse the other night and although i am actually enjoying the game it did lessen the enjoyment somewhat.

I Buy a game, rush home excited to play it and having to wait kind of kills that excitement.

And it keeps telling me the games are ready to start whilst i am installing them but they never are ready in my experience.

i just don't like people saying it's not a games console like thy did with the Wii last gen because it's just wrong.

'I'm sorry I'm rattling your cage for the sake of SWs.'

no worries man, i know you are a good guy who's passionate as i am about his hobby, i actually like that, i come here and i know that people care about gaming as much as i do.

On thing is clear to me now though, whereas the Ps4 is an vast improvement over the Ps3 the Xbone is not even a touch on the 360, despite it's early unreliability is a far better console than the Xbone in fact, the OG xbox is a better console than the xbone.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321: i almost wish i looked at life the way you do. Such a bliss.

Tell ya what. Ill find a way to press the apparent one button term of service other staff contracts needs adjustments too. And then theres the bussines factors we dont know. Sony said they were ready atleast since dc universe. Xbox is late and only doing it out desperation. If a murder gives hot free hot dogs to children right after hes still a dam murderer.

But yea proceed with blissful thinking. Hope the hot dogs satisfy you enough

Dixonganesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Dixonganesh
Member since 2016 • 129 Posts

They should bring in Nintendo so I can drop PSN+ and play online for free

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@senses_fail_06 said:

Good.

Herms cheat.

Lems are racist.

I'd rather just play with PS4 players.

wtf?

Too_Jazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Too_Jazzy
Member since 2015 • 74 Posts

Considering Live is down more often than its functional, I doubt psn gamers would get to play across networks very often anyhow.

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Bigfatmistake
Member since 2016 • 383 Posts

PS4 players are not very well known for being skilled or competitive. This makes sense.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

Microsoft's "for the gamers" bs is nothing but a PR stunt. Both of these companies are obviously in it for the money, business as usual. Microsoft passed on the possibility of cross platform last generation, and I'm sure Sony will pass on it this time around.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#138 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

I am surprised this thread hasn't been closed since it has been long since debunked, lol.