Sony Balks On Cross Network Play

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

We all knew this would be the response from Sony.

Anti-gamers gonna anti-game.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#52 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@WeepsForFools: when you go to matchmaking you can choose to NOT connect to a network outside of yours. Choice.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#53 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@kvally said:

Glad to see they are interested in participating. Great news for all gamers.

"We also have to look at policy issues and business issues as well"

I think this quote indicates that they're not really going to be interested in participating.

I didn't translate that. Maybe I'm just optimistic.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#54 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

What does Sony have to gain?

Nothing really, which is why it was a smart move by Microsoft to go out and state it publicly. If Sony accepts, Sony loses a major reason why people chose PS4 over XB1. If they don't, they look like bad guys who aren't really "for the gamer" like they claimed.

No company is "for the gamer". Every company is in it for themselves, their success and profit. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

NO! Sony makes art! They even have Adele! LOL

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#55 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@cainetao11: cows lean on the side of pessimism

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts

@kvally said:

@WeepsForFools: when you go to matchmaking you can choose to NOT connect to a network outside of yours. Choice.

i am not speaking in terms of specific games.. just the fact that PSN is interfacing with LIVE is not appealing security wise.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@terminalyinsane said:

@mems_1224: Spoken like a true fanboy. If you are an elite gamer the system doesn't matter. It's all about the skills. I have both systems and I have seen great players on both systems. Why so much hate. People have preferences. Why do you need your choice validated. I don't. Sounds like you are doubting yours and need reassurance.

Mems is a joke. He doesn't even try to hide his bias any more. Don't even engage him.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#58 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70465 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Well when you are current gen 8 console leader like SONY is, you have to mop a lot of the backwash that's left in your wake like X1 and Wiiu.

My point was letting a console gamer compete against a PC gamer with kb/m.

Your first statement makes no sense. Your second statement ignores the fact that kb/m is not great for many games.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 StrongBlackVine

Microsoft is desperate and Sony is not about to give them a way to boost sales. It's not happening.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44693 Posts

Frankly, the idea is a logistical nightmare so if anybody should shudder at the thought of it I imagine it'd be any developer trying to implement cross platform play among two closed systems. However, MS might have leverage to sweeten the deal by offering up its virtual server network to handle the cross-platform play or free.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

Wasn't Sony down for this last gen? I'm pretty sure MS was the one who wouldn't even let its user base play an mmo with out its gold services. lol If I was Sony I'd continue to have PC/PS4 multiplayer and just give the middle finger to the bone user base and laugh while it's multiplayer lobbies dry up. It's what MS would have done last gen LMAO

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Heil68 said:

Well when you are current gen 8 console leader like SONY is, you have to mop a lot of the backwash that's left in your wake like X1 and Wiiu.

Your first statement makes no sense. Your second statement ignores the fact that kb/m is not great for many games.

Well so says you then in your other life its true, so whatever.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@Pedro said:
@Heil68 said:

Well so says you then in your other life its true, so whatever.

...what?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Plzzzz let Destiny have cross platform PvP!!!

i would like to wreck xbox players in every match using the PlayStation exclusive weapons

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lostrib

@finalstar2007 said:

Plzzzz let Destiny have cross platform PvP!!!

i would like to wreck xbox players in every match using the PlayStation exclusive weapons

are they overpowered? Wouldn't the devs just nerf them or remove them for crossplatform?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Heil68

@lostrib:

I thought you weren't quoting me? Obvious you have a problem with the way I post, so bring it up to mod, I hardly ever quote you. Oh and there were like 5-6 things directly copied/pasted from various websites made as OPS and I didn't see you white knighting those.

Wonder why?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By lostrib

@Heil68: Pretty sure i said none of that. Just was unclear what you were trying to say

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Heil68
@lostrib said:

@Heil68: Pretty sure i said none of that. Just was unclear what you were trying to say

You said, bu bu bu site your sources...Did you literally copy/past??? b bububub !!!11111 Then nothing for the 1/2 dozen others.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:
@terminalyinsane said:

@mems_1224: Spoken like a true fanboy. If you are an elite gamer the system doesn't matter. It's all about the skills. I have both systems and I have seen great players on both systems. Why so much hate. People have preferences. Why do you need your choice validated. I don't. Sounds like you are doubting yours and need reassurance.

Mems is a joke. He doesn't even try to hide his bias any more. Don't even engage him.

And you do? Did you just call for pot?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lostrib

@Heil68 said:
@lostrib said:

You said, bu bu bu site your sources...Did you literally copy/past??? b bububub !!!11111 Then nothing for the 1/2 dozen others.

once again, i have no idea what you're saying

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Heil68

So you deny stating "did you literally copy/paste"? Then you go on to ignore everyone else but somehow to single out me. Go try telling on me again, maybe a mod will listen to you.

@lostrib said:
@Heil68 said:
@lostrib said:

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lostrib

@Heil68 said:

So you deny stating "did you literally copy/paste"? Then you go on to ignore everyone else but somehow to single out me. Go try telling on me again, maybe a mod will listen to you.

@lostrib said:
@Heil68 said:
@lostrib said:

...i said that in response to you copy and pasting something in response to me

I'm not sure what your issue is

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Would it be possible to team up with or is this solely you have to play against. Would be cool to team up and do co-op in games like The Division/Evolve. EA sports would benefit but you would def be at disadvantage playing fifa on PS4 against Commanders legend squad on xbox one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lostrib

@BigBadBully: well in something like Rocket League, I believe you can be on teams with PC and PS4 mixed together, but I don't think you can party up between PC and PS4 because that is implemented by each respective service (PSN, Steam). And I don't think it allows for crossplatform chat either

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Heil68

@lostrib:

I have none, for some reason you take issue with my posting and try to single it out, like you are the champion of SW's etiquette, posting and a mod wanna be.

You quote me way more than I ever quote you, so who has a problem with who?

But go ahead, I follow the rules and your objections dont mean anything to me.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry TC, on to your OP,

it would be fun to have some cross play wth a game like Rocket League but I do wonder how hard it would be to have each system communicate with each other?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By lostrib

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib:

I have none, for some reason you take issue with my posting and try to single it out, like you are the champion of SW's etiquette, posting and a mod wanna be.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry TC, on to your OP,

it would be fun to have some cross play wth a game like Rocket League but I do wonder how hard it would be to have each system communicate with each other?

I really don't

And I asked a simple question. you are the one who has recently seemed to talk issue with how I post.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Looks like an Xbone is becoming a peripheral to the PS4 just like the Kinect was to the Bone.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lostrib

@silversix_ said:

Looks like an Xbone is becoming a peripheral to the PS4 just like the Kinect was to the Bone.

...so sony is going to require all PS4s to come with an X1?

I'm not paying more for that unnecessary shit

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

Microsoft is desperate and Sony is not about to give them a way to boost sales. It's not happening.

Anti-gamers gonna anti-game.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@lostrib said:
@silversix_ said:

...so sony is going to require all PS4s to come with an X1?

I'm not paying more for that unnecessary shit

Nah they'll bundle it for free. It would be the only way to move X1's into people's households.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Heil68

@lostrib said:
@Heil68 said:

@lostrib:

Sorry TC, on to your OP,

I really don't

And I asked a simple question. you are the one who has recently seemed to talk issue with how I post.

Now, while not giving a **** may seem simple on the surface, it’s a whole new bag of burritos under the hood. I don’t even know what that sentence means, but I don’t give a ****. A bag of burritos sounds awesome, so let’s just go with it.

Oh yeah-

Link that only I have to do

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On Topic, like I've been trying to do all along-

What games does MS have in store to go cross play with PC? Are there any rumors of games? Like I said Rocket League would be a good starting point. I would like to see a FPS just to see how it compares between platforms.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lostrib

@Heil68 said:
@lostrib said:
@Heil68 said:

@lostrib:

Sorry TC, on to your OP,

I really don't

Now, while not giving a **** may seem simple on the surface, it’s a whole new bag of burritos under the hood. I don’t even know what that sentence means, but I don’t give a ****. A bag of burritos sounds awesome, so let’s just go with it.

Oh yeah-

Link that only I have to do

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On Topic, like I've been trying to do all along-

What games does MS have in store to go cross play with PC? Are there any rumors of games? Like I said Rocket League would be a good starting point. I would like to see a FPS just to see how it compares between platforms.

I don't know what any of that is supposed to mean, but okay

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The perfect title for cross-play on the PS4 and Xbox One............... Titanfall 2!

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

How does "we'll talk to devs" translate as that they aren't interested? Is it not reasonable to get the opinions of the people who make the games on how to implement cross play. Sony and MS will also need to iron out the details aswell.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 StrongBlackVine

@kingtito said:
@StrongBlackVine said:
@terminalyinsane said:

He claims he isn't biased, but his comments tell a different story. That is why he is a joke.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:
@kingtito said:
@StrongBlackVine said:
@terminalyinsane said:

He claims he isn't biased, but his comments tell a different story. That is why he is a joke.

Okey dokey thanks for the clarification

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@StrongBlackVine: everyone is biased but at least I'm not a crazy fan boy like you.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

its amazing how people find ways to bash a good idea that benefits gamers just because of who is presenting said idea. Cows in here are acting like their on sony's board of directors asking "how would this benefit us". More players to pool from is better for gamers and its better for developers...why now is this being brought into question?

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

@lawlessx said:

its amazing how people find ways to bash a good idea that benefits gamers just because of who is presenting said idea. Cows in here are acting like their on sony's board of directors asking "how would this benefit us". More players to pool from is better for gamers and its better for developers...why now is this being brought into question?

Once you're brainwashed it's hard to look at things for how they are. They will literally distort anything they can to make it look like a "win" for their beloved Sony.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Of course not.

MS wants more ppl to play with online bc they have shit in sales.

Why would Sony just give them their gamers as free online populace.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Of course not.

Lmao when has shortage of XBL gamers ever been a concern for MS? Sony is always the one inflating their numbers with Vita and shit.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine: everyone is biased but at least I'm not a crazy fan boy like you.

Don't kid yourself. I generally stick to saying positive things about PlayStation related issues while you generally comment to bash PlayStation at any chance you get. I rarely see you say anything positive or negative about Xbox so you obviously dislike Sony more than you like what you have. So you are the absolute worst type of fanboy.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@kvally said:

@cainetao11: cows lean on the side of pessimism

I'm a cow?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:
@mems_1224 said:

Don't kid yourself. I generally stick to saying positive things about PlayStation related issues while you generally comment to bash PlayStation at any chance you get. I rarely see you say anything positive or negative about Xbox so you obviously dislike Sony more than you like what you have. So you are the absolute worst type of fanboy.

You never say anything positive about the Xbox so whats your point? So me not liking the PS4 makes me a fanboy? lol wut?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Of course not.

the real question here is why do you even care

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Mr_Huggles_dog

@lawlessx: CBS cares.

That's why.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@Karnage108: bc there was never a shortage excppt for obvious beginnings of either a console or LIVE itself.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

This thread gives us a good example of who the worst kind of fanboys are. We've all seen several threads here by cows that highlight how open Sony is to cross platform play. They love to mention how Final Fantasy is coming to PS4 but not XB1 because MS wouldn't do cross platform. We've all seen tons of posts regarding how awesome Rocket League on PS4 is, partly due to cross platform play with pc, and how XB1 players are isolated. Cows have even gone so far as to claim that the PS4 does cross platform play with Wii U games that it actually doesn't.

Now that MS has introduced W10 on the XB1, and made cross platform play with Sony and Nintendo possible, Sony all the sudden isn't as open about it as they led people to believe. Sony should be sh*t on for not allowing this now, just as MS was before. I'll at least give MS credit for being straight up about it. When they didn't allow it, they stated as much, and said they were looking onto it. Now, MS has come front and center, and said that they will allow it, and that it is completely up to developers on whether to implement it.

Sony OTOH, has claimed that their all for it all along. Now that MS has called their bluff... They're back pedaling like there's no tomorrow. The only thing worse than that, is the mentally challenged fanboys who are trying to justify it.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I'm not convinced that Sony gets anything out of this. The advantage for MS is very clear, but beyond that, it doesn't make a lot of sense for anyone else involved.

so you care more about what SONY will or will not gain from this than the Gamers?

good to know where your loyalties lie.