So what's the next killer app for Xbone?

• 100 results
#51 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (744 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Hilarious a cow asking about the XOnes lineup when the best the PS4 has got is Flopfamous LOL

You sound butthurt. Probably because the PS4 is leading in both exclusives and multiplats.

#52 Posted by Krelian-co (10409 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Hilarious a cow asking about the XOnes lineup when the best the PS4 has got is Flopfamous LOL

You sound butthurt. Probably because the PS4 is leading in both exclusives and multiplats.

lems tend to forget which console was a barren wasteland this gen and which one got a lot of exclusives gotys.

#53 Posted by kingtito (4862 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

No, they have that FANTASTIC game called sales. You can play that game alllll day long, of course that's all they have.

#54 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -
#55 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42631 posts) -

Guess we will find out at E3 what the next big game is. I see cows are still insecure over TF though.

#56 Edited by lostrib (34612 posts) -

Guess we will find out at E3 what the next big game is. I see cows are still insecure over TF though.

But they'll just play it on their gaming PCs!

#57 Posted by aroxx_ab (9280 posts) -

Titanfall 2

#58 Posted by handssss (1824 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Infamous flopped in neither sales nor score.

#59 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4118 posts) -

The next system update.

If people have to wait until November for the next excuse to get an Xbone the console is F-U-C-K-E-D.

#60 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1393 posts) -

Since Titanfall fell drastically short.I guess Major Nelson was the only one who wanted to see it... *chuckles*

Halo 5 or something?

Although apparently a killer app isn't supposed to sell systems or copies... or anything.

SW is so confusing in times of turmoil...

how did titan fall fall short? it sold a ton and got high scores, whats wrong with you? its a really fun shooter you should try it some time.

#61 Posted by Heil68 (43487 posts) -

I'm still waiting for a retail exclusive to come out. Nothing since launch. :(

#62 Edited by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

that is a good question

also not only that we should ask where's the killer AAA games for the ps4

#63 Posted by granddogg (409 posts) -

who cares about sales...play the games U like why should i care what other people i dont know are playing....btw i have a gaming rig,ps4, xbone, and wii u.....i play games not sales.

#64 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15975 posts) -

I don't know what the Xbox One's next "killer app" will be but Titanfall is actually really good. It didn't fail at anything.

#65 Posted by Spitfire-Six (501 posts) -

I don't know what the Xbox One's next "killer app" will be but Titanfall is actually really good. It didn't fail at anything.

Im not sure how they can say in the same breath that Infamous didn't flop and Titanfall did makes my brain blue screen.

#66 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@SolidTy said:

I've been wondering that after I got Titanfall and realizing it wasn't my cup of tea.

E3 will hopefully show us the way.

343 is working on their second main Halo game with Halo 5, although I hope it's better than Halo 4 (good but not great).

Brand new studio Black Tusk canned their new IP and are working on GeoW 4.

Franchises that people love, albeit with new developers.

So.. its Gears... Halo.... and Forza again?

oh god -_-

Terrible :/

#67 Posted by Shewgenja (8469 posts) -

XBone isn't happening. Stop trying to make it happen.

#68 Posted by kinectthedots (1629 posts) -

that is a good question

Umm to be clear neither xbox one nor PS4 have a AAA killer app at the time. Both have good games that pushed sales (titanfall and Infamous) and one system has an AAA exclusive (forza 5) on GS. Neither system however has an AAA killer app.

Metacritic shows that no big name exclusives for either system have reached AAA status. To be a critically acclaimed AAA killer app a game needs to be considered AAA across the industry not just here on GS. TLOU is what is considered an AAA killer app, in case you were trying to make that suggestion, there is nothing like that on xbox one.

#69 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@TheFadeForever said:

that is a good question

Umm to be clear neither xbox one nor PS4 have a AAA killer app at the time. Both have good games that pushed sales (titanfall and Infamous) and one system has an AAA exclusive (forza 5) on GS. Neither system however has an AAA killer app.

Metacritic shows that no big name exclusives for either system have reached AAA status. To be a critically acclaimed AAA killer app a game needs to be considered AAA across the industry not just here on GS. TLOU is what is considered an AAA killer app, in case you were trying to make that suggestion, there is nothing like that on xbox one.

No team working for Microsoft is worth licking Naughty Dog's boots. Same goes for Media Molecule and Sony Santa Monica.

#70 Edited by lglz1337 (3138 posts) -

TC from now on you will see a decline in games for Xbone as it always happend in xbox family

i think they can't remember their last Exclusive GOTY

probably another old school gears, forza, halo

#71 Posted by Netret0120 (2037 posts) -

Kinectdogs:-P

#72 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42631 posts) -

@lglz1337: The "decline" in 360 games didn't occur until late 2010 (5 years after the gen started), and even then, that was only in reference to retail exclusives because XBLA was doing pretty well into 2012.

#73 Posted by MWright469 (151 posts) -

Here, have a Halo.

#74 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2570 posts) -

Quantum Break will be awesome but I doubt it'll move enough Xbox Ones . Its sales will be nowhere near as good as Halo 5's .

#75 Posted by clone01 (24534 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I'm still waiting for a retail exclusive to come out. Nothing since launch. :(

I enjoy Dead Rising 3, but I wouldn't say its "teh killer app" by any means. Still have to try Killer Instinct and Titanfall. Frankly, I think the 360/PS3 has waaaay more to offer right now than the current gen, which is kind of sad. Will probably get a PS4 very soon to check out Infamous: Second Son, though.

#76 Posted by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

Halo, there's very little else on the horizon to sell systems imo. I expect Quantum Break to be a quality title though.

#77 Posted by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

It don't matter bro. In all seriousness though, I think at E3 Microsoft will shock the world and announce a heap of quality exclusives. No joke I think they have some big surprises planned for us.

#78 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8774 posts) -

Probably Halo 5

What's the PS4's next killer app? Nothing right now

But who cares when the third party multiplats will be there to make both consoles worth while.

#79 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

TC from now on you will see a decline in games for Xbone as it always happend in xbox family

i think they can't remember their last Exclusive GOTY

probably another old school gears, forza, halo

That's dissapointing... Sony needs competition

#80 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4045 posts) -

LOL cows get their first good game in Infamous and look at them go.

The PS4 is running on multiplats, indies and Infamous.

In the past cows have made it LOUD AND CLEAR multiplats and indies don't count as games.

Therefore this thread carries no weight.

#81 Edited by princeofshapeir (13777 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

is the 2nd most streamed game on twitch behind LoL

Ten points if you can find Titanfall on this list

you can't, it's literally below Super Mario 64 and Heroes of Newerth (an actual dead game) as of right now

#82 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4432 posts) -

LOL cows get their first good game in Infamous and look at them go.

The PS4 is running on multiplats, indies and Infamous.

In the past cows have made it LOUD AND CLEAR multiplats and indies don't count as games.

Therefore this thread carries no weight.

ah yes. but their bicycles are fitted with a reverse gear.

#83 Edited by blackace (20289 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Since Titanfall fell drastically short.I guess Major Nelson was the only one who wanted to see it... *chuckles*

Halo 5 or something?

Although apparently a killer app isn't supposed to sell systems or copies... or anything.

SW is so confusing in times of turmoil...

Drastically short? It was the #1 selling game in March. lol!! It even outsold Infamous SS. What next for PS4? Everything has been delayed for that system it seems. When is the release date of Drive Club, Deep Down & The Order 1886 again? There's no real exclusives coming out until after the E3 it seems.

@SolidTy said:

Brand new studio Black Tusk canned their new IP and are working on GeoW 4.

Black Tusk didn't cancel their new IP. They've just delayed it for now. It was never cancelled.

@Spartan070 said:

@ultronkiller said:

What was the first?

Killer Instinct

Forza 5 (AAAE)

You're biased trolling comments isn't happening. Stop trying. lol!! You're like a broken record skipping.

#84 Edited by lglz1337 (3138 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: 2008: gears of war, 2009: halo wars, halo odst, forza3

2010: halo reach 2011: forza 4, gears 3 2012:LOL 2013:LOL

confirmed Forza, halo, gears, dead

Xbone started already with forza5 next "great" exclusive halo lol

and it goes on and on and on

advantage x360 had last gen was 1 year headstart and better multiplats both gone now

#85 Posted by foxhound_fox (87725 posts) -

Both the Xbone and PS4 are pretty terribad in terms of lineup for the next 6 months.

#86 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

TitanFall was a failure, just more fps vapor ware.

Nobody likes Halo and noone cares about Gears.

Forza is a b-grade franchise, no one cares about

#87 Posted by Supabul (3855 posts) -

A price cut

#88 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4118 posts) -

Ain't got shit. Only thing lemmings turds can hope for now is that Sunset Overdrive is good.

#89 Posted by MonsieurX (29553 posts) -

Probably Halo 5

What's the PS4's next killer app? Nothing right now

But who cares when the third party multiplats will be there to make both consoles worth while.

The Order: 1886

But it's a new IP...not sure you can call it a killer app

@Indicud said:

How it is a failure exactly?

Because you can't play it on your PS4? :(

Forza 5: AAA,cry more

#90 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42631 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: 2008: gears of war, 2009: halo wars, halo odst, forza3

2010: halo reach 2011: forza 4, gears 3 2012:LOL 2013:LOL

confirmed Forza, halo, gears, dead

Xbone started already with forza5 next "great" exclusive halo lol

and it goes on and on and on

advantage x360 had last gen was 1 year headstart and better multiplats both gone now

You're missing a lot but like I said initially... the retail market declined significant after 2010 but the digital offering was very strong there after. Vast majority prefer the retail lineup, so it's not surprising to see the digital offering on XBLA get overlooked or diminished in importance. Afterall, the Xbox 360 was ahead of the PS3 until 2013 when it came to the quality exclusive count (AAE+ count). 2013 was also the first year where the Xbox 360 did not receive an AAAE, ironically enough. It's also the year where the PS3 cleaned house and brought forth a nice selection of high quality games (after the desert that was 2012).

One of the problems Microsoft faced, a big one at that, was the inclusion of Kinect and the developer support being shifted away from making core games to the casual mantra. That is also a problem in that Microsoft's first party studio collection is smaller than Sony, and too much effort was thrown as third party exclusive deals (Most of which was lame exclusive DLC, or timed silliness). At the tail end of the generation, their limited first party already moved on to the next console so we ended up with a weak latter generation on the Xbox 360.

On the flip side, to play devil's advocate, Microsoft saw a surge in Xbox 360 sales from the Kinect device. So perhaps it was wise, economically speaking, to move forward with that judging by the success of the device and the hardware sales. Of course, now that many have had experience with it, the novelty factor is gone.

#91 Edited by lostrib (34612 posts) -

@Indicud said:

I don't think you understand how to use that term properly

#92 Edited by _SWAG_ (2577 posts) -

the next killer app for the xbone is a landfill to get buried in. u know why they dug up ET burial site, it's too make room for the wack xbone. xbone is the biggest mistake n failure in gaming history while the ps4 is the greatest invention that redefines an era. all we need in gaming is sony put ur trust in this company becoz they are by gamers for gamers. gaming lives on with only ps4 n godny rules! Xbox is dead no need in hoping for games for that crap. ty sony u the best! we believe!

#93 Posted by MonsieurX (29553 posts) -

@_SWAG_ said:

the next killer app for the xbone is a landfill to get buried in. u know why they dug up ET burial site, it's too make room for the wack xbone. xbone is the biggest mistake n failure in gaming history while the ps4 is the greatest invention that redefines an era. all we need in gaming is sony put ur trust in this company becoz they are by gamers for gamers. gaming lives on with only ps4 n godny rules! Xbox is dead no need in hoping for games for that crap. ty sony u the best! we believe!

-5/10

#94 Posted by GamingGod999 (2973 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

It didn't flop?

#95 Posted by GamingGod999 (2973 posts) -

The PS4 is so fetch!

#96 Edited by kingcrimson24 (457 posts) -

Quantum Break , Halo , fable legends , Gears of war

and hopefully , Crackdown 3 and Forza Horizon 2 .

#97 Posted by brimmul777 (1139 posts) -

I know Forza:Horizon landscapes were influenced from Colorado,has anyone heard where Forza:Horizon 2 landscapes going to be from where?Sorry to get off topic.

#98 Posted by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@darkangel115 said:

I don't see how it fell short to be honest. got a 9 here, was the top selling game in march with 1.5 million if i remember correctly, is the 2nd most streamed game on twitch behind LoL and has an 86 on MC.

With that said, I would wait for E3 but Halo, Quantum Break, Sunset overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 could all be that next killer app

Killer apps are games that push consoles. Besides Halo 5, I dont see any of those you mention doing that. If Titanfall couldnt make the X1 surpass the PS4, even for 1 month, I dont believe others will, well besides Halo, and even so, it'll only be for a couple of months.

Pushing consoles doesn't mean it has to surpass the PS4 in sales.

#99 Edited by Vatusus (4438 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@Vatusus said:

@darkangel115 said:

I don't see how it fell short to be honest. got a 9 here, was the top selling game in march with 1.5 million if i remember correctly, is the 2nd most streamed game on twitch behind LoL and has an 86 on MC.

With that said, I would wait for E3 but Halo, Quantum Break, Sunset overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 could all be that next killer app

Killer apps are games that push consoles. Besides Halo 5, I dont see any of those you mention doing that. If Titanfall couldnt make the X1 surpass the PS4, even for 1 month, I dont believe others will, well besides Halo, and even so, it'll only be for a couple of months.

Pushing consoles doesn't mean it has to surpass the PS4 in sales.

Even so, I dont see any of the titles moving a considerable number of consoles. They're new IPs and only very rarely new IPs move consoles. Xbox fans are putting their faith on Quantum Break but they forget Alan Wake sold very poorly on the 360, even thought it was a very high quality game imo

Forza Horizon 2 isnt a new IP but Forza Horizon sold below expectations on the 360 and if Forza 5 didnt move that many X1 what makes you think a sequel of a spin-off will?

#100 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -

Only 2 games were released last month on the XB1.

Literally.