So what Else will MS steal from SONY This year?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NinjaOmega8900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NinjaOmega8900
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts

Ever since 2005 ,MS always announces something big that shocks the gaming community and i love it.

For example Devil may cry going multiplatform,VF,Tekken,Kamatari,Tales,Square Enix:twisted:,Resident evil,Ace combat EXLUSIVELY for the 360 and so on...

I think MS will make FFVSXIII multiplat,Hideo kojima(You know the hack will Jump in any day now,He has too),Kingdom Hearts III...What's your predicitons?

chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
They aren't stealing anything. It isn't like they are doing anything illegal.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

The next Metal Gear game will be multiplatform. Kojima has just hinted at it too many times. Especially after him saying he was going to start trying to apeal to the western audience or something like that.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Steal?? as far as I know, it's not stealing if you're spending big bucks to get the stuff

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

The reason a lot of this happened is to try and broaden their games potential audience. It's no surprise that the majority of games this year are multiplats. Therefore MS isn't stealing them, so much as the developers deciding it would be better to go multiplat.

As for hideo kojima, I doubt he will bring MGS4 over to 360, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had to go multiplat at some point, however his company is probably one of the few companies that can actually make money on exclusice PS3 games.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
stealing? these developers are the ones making the jump. i can see kojima following soon,but not with MGS4
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

As for hideo kojima, I doubt he will bring MGS4 over to 360,

NinjaOmega8900

Yeah about that..i don't want that game on my 360,It's already infected with the PS3 virus,I can't deal with sloppy seconds on my system.

he has stated in the past about wanting to develop a new IP just for the 360.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Ever since 2005 ,MS always announces something big that shocks the gaming community and i love it.

For example Devil may cry going multiplatform,VF,Tekken,Kamatari,Tales,Square Enix:twisted:,Resident evil,Ace combat EXLUSIVELY for the 360 and so on...

I think MS will make FFVSXIII multiplat,Hideo kojima(You know the hack will Jump in any day now,He has too),Kingdom Hearts III...What's your predicitons?

NinjaOmega8900

You do know what the word steal means right? In other words they didint steal they just got the game too. Tales was on gamecube laste gen therefore it has beenonother systemsbefore so its not a big deal hell even wii has a tales game. Resident evil was on cube and even on dreamcast so its known for being on many systems. Ill give you ace combat.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Shouldn't you be more interested in entirely new 360 games instead? If only Microsoft themselves were.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="NinjaOmega8900"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lawlessx

Yeah about that..i don't want that game on my 360,It's already infected with the PS3 virus,I can't deal with sloppy seconds on my system.

Yup, I said I wouldn't be surprised if he went multiplat.

MGS4 is a great game, and if it came out 360 exclusive then it would be a different story. I can't understand why we don't just enjoy games regardless of platform.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

NinjaOmega8900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NinjaOmega8900

Stealing or no stealing..What do you guys make a big deal about that word...maybe i should have rewritten the Title a little better:P

Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts

I wish M$ would focus on new IPs rather then taking exclusives from the PS3.

Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

The next Metal Gear game will be multiplatform. Kojima has just hinted at it too many times. Especially after him saying he was going to start trying to apeal to the western audience or something like that.

DarkGamer007

I seriously doubt it, unless Kojima wants to make a Metal Gear game that is inferior to MGS4.

bdum_pshhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bdum_pshhh
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="NinjaOmega8900"]

lundy86_4

MGS4 is a great game, and if it came out 360 exclusive then it would be a different story. I can't understand why we don't just enjoy games regardless of platform.

Because one system is all my Parents by for me.
usmcjdk6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 usmcjdk6
Member since 2007 • 1240 Posts

Metal Gear Solid BLACK, for 360.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Pfft whats left to be stolen? Maybe Final Fantasy XIII Versus?, Was going to say tekken but it already was confirmed for the 360
NinjaOmega8900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NinjaOmega8900

[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

Trinners

I seriously doubt it, unless Kojima wants to make a Metal Gear game that is inferior to MGS4.

He already has it's called metal gear solid touch for the ipod touch:|

usmcjdk6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 usmcjdk6
Member since 2007 • 1240 Posts
[QUOTE="Trinners"]

[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

He already did, it's called Metal Gear iPhone. Imagine the greatness Kojima could have with a real controller...
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] he has stated in the past about wanting to develop a new IP just for the 360.bdum_pshhh

I understand where you're coming from. I'm just talking in the general gaming population, as the poster above stated how he doesn't want MGS4 on 360, because it was on PS3. A statemtn like that is just ignorant.

Luckily I work for a living, and can afford to have more than one console :P

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#22 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

NinjaOmega8900

Not even sloppy seconds... Metal Gear was around before the PlayStation even existed... but franchisees switching systems is common place... FF started on Nintendo consoles, Resident Evil has been whored around everywhere (even the Dreamcast) so shy should MGS coming to the 360 be treated any differently.

Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

[QUOTE="Trinners"]

[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

usmcjdk6

He already did, it's called Metal Gear iPhone. Imagine the greatness Kojima could have with a real controller...

I meant a full metal gear game on a console. the iphone is NOT a platform. The PS3 controllers > 360 controller. Bioware needs to put Mass Effect 2 on the PS3, imagine the greatness Bioware could do with real hardware.

bdum_pshhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bdum_pshhh

[QUOTE="bdum_pshhh"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

I understand where you're coming from. I'm just talking in the general gaming population, as the poster above stated how he doesn't want MGS4 on 360, because it was on PS3. A statemtn like that is just ignorant.

Me, not, I'm not a fanboy much, I guess I should have put quotation marks around what I was saying. I just find it funny, some of the excuses that someone would DENY a critically acclaimed game to come to their system.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="NinjaOmega8900"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

TTDog

Not even sloppy seconds... Metal Gear was around before the PlayStation even existed... but franchisees switching systems is common place... FF started on Nintendo consoles, Resident Evil has been whored around everywhere (even the Dreamcast) so shy should MGS coming to the 360 be treated any differently.

For the most part I would agree, but I think this time Kojima plays into it, as he has built up quite the relationship with Sony. If MGS4 had made no money on PS3 then he may have ported it over. With his newer games he is apparently going multiplat, which is a good thing.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="bdum_pshhh"] Because one system is all my Parents by for me.bdum_pshhh

Me, not, I'm not a fanboy much, I guess I should have put quotation marks around what I was saying. I just find it funny, some of the excuses that someone would DENY a critically acclaimed game to come to their system.

Exactly it doesn't make much sense. Multiplats bring good games to multiple consoles. Exclusives are good for the home console, but it limits the potential audience, and people miss out on some great games.

SynisterGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SynisterGamer
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

I don't think there's anything left for Microsoft to steal anyway.

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TTDog

[QUOTE="TTDog"]

[QUOTE="NinjaOmega8900"]

lundy86_4

For the most part I would agree, but I think this time Kojima plays into it, as he has built up quite the relationship with Sony. If MGS4 had made no money on PS3 then he may have ported it over. With his newer games he is apparently going multiplat, which is a good thing.

He may have created a good relationship... but he's not got the final say on the games... that lies with Konami, and they haven't exactly remained overly loyal over the years.

Personally I couldn't give a monkey's chuff if MGS4 gets ported to the 360, it just gives me another console not to buy it on... but I think that a lot of Japanese developers had thought that the PS3 would have overtaken the 360 by now sales wise, that the 360 was almost a fad that caught on because it was out first, and the PS3 still hasn't sold as well as they thought it would do... so they almost have no option but to start supporting the 360 a little more.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="TTDog"]

TTDog

He may have created a good relationship... but he's not got the final say on the games... that lies with Konami, and they haven't exactly remained overly loyal over the years.

Personally I couldn't give a monkey's chuff if MGS4 gets ported to the 360, it just gives me another console not to buy it on... but I think that a lot of Japanese developers had thought that the PS3 would have overtaken the 360 by now sales wise, that the 360 was almost a fad that caught on because it was out first, and the PS3 still hasn't sold as well as they thought it would do... so they almost have no option but to start supporting the 360 a little more.

Yup pretty much. Multiplats is the way most companies are going to go, unless they are 1st party, or even 2nd party. As they need to recoup sales, and the best way to do it is to sell to more people. Basic business practice.

doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts

even more of its cutomers

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TTDog

[QUOTE="TTDog"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

Yup pretty much. Multiplats is the way most companies are going to go, unless they are 1st party, or even 2nd party. As they need to recoup sales, and the best way to do it is to sell to more people. Basic business practice.

They are now... but before the PS3 option was a bit of a gamble... hence Capcom originally knocking out Lost Planet and Dead Rising as 360 exclusives, and then porting them over at a later date.

What does make me wonder about multiplatform games is the PS3 version quality... last gen when most games were ported from the PS2 to the Xbox the box got a slightly spruced up version to make at least some use of the extra power available, GTA got better polish on the graphics, more detail on the engines and a few other tweaks... if the PS3 is supposedly more powerful this time around surely we should be seeing something similar happen for the PS3 versions to take advantage of this "extra power" yet 19 times out of 20 the PS3 version is inferior, and the other 1 time it's on par with the 360 version... something doesn't add up there.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i do know what u mean. isn't microsoft making a game just like little big planet? other companies steal ideas from other companies. if something is a good idea then other companies will take and it turn it into theirs also.
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
This goes both ways for Sony and MS so.....
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="TTDog"]

TTDog

They are now... but before the PS3 option was a bit of a gamble... hence Capcom originally knocking out Lost Planet and Dead Rising as 360 exclusives, and then porting them over at a later date.

What does make me wonder about multiplatform games is the PS3 version quality... last gen when most games were ported from the PS2 to the Xbox the box got a slightly spruced up version to make at least some use of the extra power available, GTA got better polish on the graphics, more detail on the engines and a few other tweaks... if the PS3 is supposedly more powerful this time around surely we should be seeing something similar happen for the PS3 versions to take advantage of this "extra power" yet 19 times out of 20 the PS3 version is inferior, and the other 1 time it's on par with the 360 version... something doesn't add up there.

Both consoles are relatively similar in power this time around, the problems with sub-par ports this time around is the PS3's awful architecture. 360 uses a similar kind to PC so ports between the 2 are fairly easy, but 360 and PS3 are completely different, which makes for a difficulty in coding. It's generally why PS3 has better looking exclusives than their multiplats, as they are built ground up for PS3.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

NinjaOmega8900
Yet sony is knowned for stealing other's ideas. You can't blame them, that's how competition goes.
TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TTDog

[QUOTE="TTDog"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

Both consoles are relatively similar in power this time around, the problems with sub-par ports this time around is the PS3's awful architecture. 360 uses a similar kind to PC so ports between the 2 are fairly easy, but 360 and PS3 are completely different, which makes for a difficulty in coding. It's generally why PS3 has better looking exclusives than their multiplats, as they are built ground up for PS3.

Plus a lot of PS3 exclusives are handled by Sony themselves and it's probably safe to say they've a bit more knowledge of the setup than they pass onto other companies... the similar power is well known, as is the more inept way that the PS3 handles its usable memory... funny how many cows forget about that.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="NinjaOmega8900"]

lebanese_boy

Yet sony is knowned for stealing other's ideas. You can't blame them, that's how competition goes.

All companies use other companies ideas. I hate how people make sony the satan of the gamingindustry and everyone els is inocent. When all the companies arent angels.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

Well sofar this year, the 360 has lost Ninja Gaiden to the PS3, good start for Microsoft.

KilIzone3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KilIzone3
Member since 2009 • 500 Posts
As a PS3 and 360 owner i'm REALLY getting tired of Microsoft's big guns being nothing more then Playstation games going multiplat. I guess its good for 360 only owners and fanboys but i'm tired of it.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
As a PS3 and 360 owner i'm REALLY getting tired of Microsoft's big guns being nothing more then Playstation games going multiplat. I guess its good for 360 only owners and fanboys but i'm tired of it.KilIzone3
Agreed, very lame. Not to mention it sometimes results in them getting delayed for a year (FF13, Tekken 6).
bdum_pshhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bdum_pshhh
As a PS3 and 360 owner i'm REALLY getting tired of Microsoft's big guns being nothing more then Playstation games going multiplat. I guess its good for 360 only owners and fanboys but i'm tired of it.KilIzone3
LOL, MS has to steal PS3 games because they don't have any games of their own :lol:
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#42 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
[QUOTE="KilIzone3"]As a PS3 and 360 owner i'm REALLY getting tired of Microsoft's big guns being nothing more then Playstation games going multiplat. I guess its good for 360 only owners and fanboys but i'm tired of it.bdum_pshhh
LOL, MS has to steal PS3 games because they don't have any games of their own :lol:

You must be kidding.
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

I guess with the departure of Peter Moore, the days of paying game developers / publisher to secure exclusivity content are over.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I guess with the departure of Peter Moore, the days of paying game developers / publisher to secure exclusivity content are over.

Mystery_Writer

I don't think so, M$ has closed so many 1st party studios, that they have the capital to secure Exclusive DLC, or timed Exclusives. I think Lost Planet 2 is one of those recent deals.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

looolll, did u hear that ninja gaiden 2 is heading for PS3?

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

Actually its been sony who's, been taking exclusives away from 360. PS3 will now be getting Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Dead Rising, we've already gotten bioshock (goty), lost planet, etc..... I won't be surprised if we see geow3 on ps3 also. 360 has very few exclusives left, only major ones that I can think of right now are gears 1 and 2, mass effect, and fable. Theres really not much to play on the 360 exclusive wise.

HGAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47 HGAT
Member since 2008 • 1366 Posts
Don't paint Sony as the virgin mary's of the console world they where notorious for raping franchises from Nintendo and Sega it's how they became number 1. Microsoft are merely learning from the past masters so they can become number 1. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Sonic_on_crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sonic_on_crack
Member since 2007 • 2428 Posts

Steal?? as far as I know, it's not stealing if you're spending big bucks to get the stuff

GreenGoblin2099
ugh no for example M$ didnt pay Capcom a dime for DMC4 360
Sonic_on_crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sonic_on_crack
Member since 2007 • 2428 Posts

Actually its been sony who's, been taking exclusives away from 360. PS3 will now be getting Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Dead Rising, we've already gotten bioshock (goty), lost planet, etc..... I won't be surprised if we see geow3 on ps3 also. 360 has very few exclusives left, only major ones that I can think of right now are gears 1 and 2, mass effect, and fable. Theres really not much to play on the 360 exclusive wise.

redskins2156
And you're talking about games that are in essentially their first installments, not franchises like Final Fantasy and Tekken which have been exclusive to the playstation since 1995
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="redskins2156"]

Sonic_on_crack

And you're talking about games that are in essentially their first installments, not franchises like Final Fantasy and Tekken which have been exclusive to the playstation since 1995

This is a decision made on the developers part, in order to bring the game to a wider audience, therefore increasing there own profit margins (potentially). Exclusivity is something that is, unfortunately on its way out the door. Few companies can afford to cover the production costs and not sell it on both consoles.