So this month will Titanfall sell...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) 6 months, 4 days ago

Poll: So this month will Titanfall sell... (33 votes)

Inside the install base 9%
Move 500,000 consoles 24%
Moves 1 million consoles 33%
Moves a pile of gold. 6%
Flops like a fish and money is not regained. 27%
#2 Posted by Heil68 (43436 posts) -

I'm guessing around a million

#4 Edited by Vatusus (4425 posts) -

lol not a chance in hell

"Marketing guys project that ‘Titanfall’ has already helped sell around 1 million Xbox Ones. This is based off of things like upticks in sales after every major ‘titanfall’ announcements."

Oh, they mean TitanFall has already helped sell 1 million of XOne ever since launch, not that it helped sold 1 million in the past days. Context is everything

#5 Posted by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) -
#6 Posted by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -
#7 Posted by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) -
#8 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -
#9 Posted by MonsieurX (29490 posts) -
#10 Edited by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

@TigerSuperman said:

It's not even been 6 months.

True but if you have common sense you know it's already over.

Europe chooses PS4

Japan chooses PS4

US chooses PS4 and maybe if Titanfall can convince COD kiddies and brogamers then Xbone has a chance to win in America.

But that won't matter in the bigger picture.

PS4 has already won, everyone can see that.

#11 Posted by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) -

@TigerSuperman said:

It's not even been 6 months.

True but if you have common sense you know it's already over.

Europe chooses PS4

Japan chooses PS4

US chooses PS4 and maybe if Titanfall can convince COD kiddies and brogamers then Xbone has a chance to win in America.

But that won't matter in the bigger picture.

PS4 has already won, everyone can see that.

You just named to countries that the 360 did not have and beat the PS3. So one more time, it has only been 6 months.

#12 Edited by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) -
#13 Posted by MonsieurX (29490 posts) -
#14 Posted by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) -
#15 Posted by MonsieurX (29490 posts) -

You directly implied it by posing that link after the OP.

And you try to imply too much

#16 Posted by CTR360 (6979 posts) -

titanfall its not the reason i buy xbox1 dont like MMO games

#17 Posted by finalstar2007 (24936 posts) -

Its been what 4 days since release and not a single news on its "sales" are out yet which means it didnt sell all that well or maybe they are waiting for it to hit a specific amount amount first before announcing it ( 500K? or 1Mil? ) which all to more proof it hasn't sold all that high.. yet... usually big games that sell really high immediately get major news on the big sales numbers in a day or 24 hours but seeing how there hasnt been any "X or Y number of units sold in 24 hours" means it didnt sell that much.

at least thats what i think

#18 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

I think Titanfall will move close to or over 500k Xbox Ones in the US, and sell 800k to One million games in the month of March. No one game saves a system. Doesn't work that way. But there are those big name games, those truly special ones that are a part of the systems mystique and TF will be that way the for One.

#19 Posted by HadOne2Many (1251 posts) -

Wow, those poll results...

The hate is strong here. Realistically I think we're looking at a surge in console sells that should last a few months. I've seen plenty of people posting on various forums that they were waiting for Titanfall before picking up an XB1.

#20 Edited by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

I think Titanfall will move close to or over 500k Xbox Ones in the US, and sell 800k to One million games in the month of March. No one game saves a system. Doesn't work that way. But there are those big name games, those truly special ones that are a part of the systems mystique and TF will be that way the for One.

Halo CE.

@finalstar2007 said:

Its been what 4 days since release and not a single news on its "sales" are out yet which means it didnt sell all that well or maybe they are waiting for it to hit a specific amount amount first before announcing it ( 500K? or 1Mil? ) which all to more proof it hasn't sold all that high.. yet... usually big games that sell really high immediately get major news on the big sales numbers in a day or 24 hours but seeing how there hasnt been any "X or Y number of units sold in 24 hours" means it didnt sell that much.

at least thats what i think

The UK launch was just yesterday right? It has not been 24 hours there yet. We might here something later today non-canadian U.S. time. Or tomorrow.


Edit: Actually the UK launch is today.

#21 Posted by blackace (20249 posts) -

I don't think you read the article. Read this part.

On March 9, NeoGAF user famousmortimer, also known as Pete Dodd, an industry insider the site claims has a reliable track record, claimed “Titanfall” has already led to 1 million Xbox One consoles being sold in the past few weeks.

He's not talking about since the XB1 launched. He talking about currently within the last 3 weeks. We'll know for sure come April.

#22 Posted by Vatusus (4425 posts) -

@blackace said:

I don't think you read the article. Read this part.

On March 9, NeoGAF user famousmortimer, also known as Pete Dodd, an industry insider the site claims has a reliable track record, claimed “Titanfall” has already led to 1 million Xbox One consoles being sold in the past few weeks.

He's not talking about since the XB1 launched. He talking about currently within the last 3 weeks. We'll know for sure come April.

Still HIGHLY doubt it, but we'll see

#23 Edited by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) -
#24 Posted by Chutebox (36583 posts) -

500k WW

#25 Posted by PSawa (17 posts) -

Get crazy with the Cheese Whiz

#26 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Do you have a job, hobby, something? In every thread I see you're typically the first and last person to post in it.

Damn....

#27 Posted by Nightflash28 (2065 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@TigerSuperman said:

It's not even been 6 months.

True but if you have common sense you know it's already over.

Europe chooses PS4

Japan chooses PS4

US chooses PS4 and maybe if Titanfall can convince COD kiddies and brogamers then Xbone has a chance to win in America.

But that won't matter in the bigger picture.

PS4 has already won, everyone can see that.

You just named to countries that the 360 did not have and beat the PS3. So one more time, it has only been 6 months.

Europe is not a country...

#28 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -
#29 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

lol not a chance in hell

"Marketing guys project that ‘Titanfall’ has already helped sell around 1 million Xbox Ones. This is based off of things like upticks in sales after every major ‘titanfall’ announcements."

Oh, they mean TitanFall has already helped sell 1 million of XOne ever since launch, not that it helped sold 1 million in the past days. Context is everything

That's the reason I bought mine. I didn't have my 360 anymore and I don't own a gaming PC.

#30 Edited by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

higher the marketing = higher the sales but lesser the profit.

which do you want? sales or profit?

#31 Edited by blackace (20249 posts) -

Stopped here.

I think someone working at MS would have a better track record, and last I checked I was not told what the sales were.

That could be said about any news article or blog not coming from Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. It seems any blog or news coming from Thurway or CBOAT is automatically a FACT for Cows. For me, no one is reliable, which is why I said we'll know when April gets here.

#32 Posted by blackace (20249 posts) -

"Marketing guys project that ‘Titanfall’ has already helped sell around 1 million Xbox Ones. This is based off of things like upticks in sales after every major ‘titanfall’ announcements."

Thanks for proving lems can't read. TLHBO.

One things for sure it won't sell more Xbones than PS4 in March. Prepare your butts for March NPD lems.

Can I quote you on that? Then if you're wrong, I'll plaster it all over SW. lol!!

#33 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@blackace: Go right ahead. Unlike you and your fellow lems I don't run away when I get owned.

#34 Posted by mbrockway (3399 posts) -

Bought it on pc, waiting for it to download on Origin. Its going slooooooow. I think it will easily sell over a million, seeing as its a AAA multiplat. I'm wondering how many jump onto the XBone (thats what he said) instead of waiting for 360 or going pc.

#35 Posted by tormentos (17069 posts) -

Like i already say on another topic i expect it to sell 1.8 million on xbox one who knows if 2 million.

You just named to countries that the 360 did not have and beat the PS3. So one more time, it has only been 6 months.

The xbox 360 and PS4 ended tied even that MS had a 1 year head start and like 8 million lead.

Is not even close to be the same if Sony was able to catch MS with a more expensive unit,and only having Japan and EU what do you think will happen now,that there is no 1 year head start for the xbox one and has been outsold already like by 2.5 million units,oh did i forgot that sony is controlling sales in US,UK,Japan and mainland EU.? Yeah that is call world wide so unless a miracle happen is not even close to be the same that happen with the 360.

Its been what 4 days since release and not a single news on its "sales" are out yet which means it didnt sell all that well or maybe they are waiting for it to hit a specific amount amount first before announcing it ( 500K? or 1Mil? ) which all to more proof it hasn't sold all that high.. yet... usually big games that sell really high immediately get major news on the big sales numbers in a day or 24 hours but seeing how there hasnt been any "X or Y number of units sold in 24 hours" means it didnt sell that much.

at least thats what i think

Usually it takes 1 day,Halo Reach sales made 200 millions the news came on September 15,Halo Reach came in September 14.

The same with Halo 3 which make 170 million news came in on September 25,Halo 3 was release on September 24.

Who knows..

@blackace said:

I don't think you read the article. Read this part.

On March 9, NeoGAF user famousmortimer, also known as Pete Dodd, an industry insider the site claims has a reliable track record, claimed “Titanfall” has already led to 1 million Xbox One consoles being sold in the past few weeks.

He's not talking about since the XB1 launched. He talking about currently within the last 3 weeks. We'll know for sure come April.

My god how much bullsh** can you invent to kiss MS butt man..haha

Marketing guys project that Titanfall has already helped sell around 1 million Xbox Ones. This is based off of things like upticks in sales after every major titanfall announcements.

MARKETING guy project,that titan fall has sell 1 million units,and they are basing it on spike when they did titanfall announcement which is not real evidence in any freaking way,and in no place he say that he is talking about this last 3 week you compulsive liar quote him..

My god you are nothing but a sad lying lemming,so the Wii U is outselling the PS4 by 3 to 1,and the Mortimer claimed the xbox one titanfall sold 1 million units in the last 3 weeks.,,

You really really are butthurt about the PS4 selling great it is killing you,hahahaha,....

#36 Posted by donalbane (16201 posts) -

It will be really fun around here if the X1 outsells the PS4 in March or April due to Titanfall. Several SysWars regulars would go nuclear.

#37 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Are the free digital copies of Titanfall being given away with Xflops counted as sales? I would think so.

#38 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

@blackace: Go right ahead. Unlike you and your fellow lems I don't run away when I get owned.

haz.....you got owned in your prediction for February sales too

and you avoided titanfall thread like the fricking plague

#39 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -
#40 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

In order to keep System Wars from becoming a TitanFall board, please direct TitanFall posts to the sticky. Thanks!