So, Has Rock Star just forgot about PC?

  • 133 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for blangenakker
#51 Edited by blangenakker (3064 posts) -

They still have features to implement into the multiplayer

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#52 Posted by StrongBlackVine (12725 posts) -
@SNIPER4321 said:

Rockstar probably the most overrated developer around. i dont want thier games on PC.

specially after what they did with max payne.

Max Payne 3 was great.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#54 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@ SNIPER4321

Thats fair Enough.... But beyond the Story Max Payne 1 and 2 were actually worse than Max Payne 3.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#56 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@ SNIPER4321

Thats What I said. Beyond the Story (as in if you look past the story), Max

Payne 1 and 2 were actually worse than Max Payne

3.

Avatar image for zeeshanhaider
#57 Posted by zeeshanhaider (4570 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

Rockstar probably the most overrated developer around. i dont want thier games on PC.

specially after what they did with max payne.

Very true.

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#59 Posted by R3FURBISHED (11367 posts) -

I don't know, maybe Rockstar wants to only offer their games to people who would buy them and not..."borrow" for an extended period of time?

Avatar image for heguain
#60 Edited by heguain (1378 posts) -

Meh, don't care Watch_Dogs is gonna destroy it ...

Avatar image for k--m--k
#61 Posted by k--m--k (2094 posts) -

mention everywhere that their pc has million of games

cries for GTA on pc ^_^

Avatar image for clyde46
#62 Posted by clyde46 (48915 posts) -

Played it on consoles, it would be nice for a PC release but that boat is getting ready to sail and R* might miss it.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#65 Posted by Cloud_imperium (13810 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Who cares .? Witcher 3 makes that game look like trash . They can keep that overrated game on consoles but still there is no doubt that the game will land on PS4 , Xbox One and PC later this year .

Okay so based on the fact that Witcher 3 is better graphics, GTA V is trash? Eh not so good logic there. I, for one, as a PC gamer would love GTA V to be released on PC with all the modding possibilities. But of course it can never be as good as a game as TW3 because grafix right?

My friend . At no point I mentioned graphics . Witcher 3 is RPG , which means non linear quests , better lore , better story , more character customization , huge world where you can enter almost every house (like first two games) , challenging gameplay , epic ending to amazing series PLUS graphics and PC being lead platform . They also treat their customers better , unlike Rockstar that made billions yet implemented microtransactions in GTA Online . Both are completely different games and we can't compare them but when it comes to world , The Witcher 3 is much more richer , thanks to lore and background story .

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#66 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

I think all of Rock* 's resources are on the next gen port right now.

Avatar image for 7mdma
#68 Posted by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I think all of Rock* 's resources are on the next gen port right now.

They'll release all three versions at once later this year. What a massive windfall that game has been and will continue to be for R*.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#69 Posted by Cloud_imperium (13810 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Who cares .? Witcher 3 makes that game look like trash . They can keep that overrated game on consoles but still there is no doubt that the game will land on PS4 , Xbox One and PC later this year .

Okay so based on the fact that Witcher 3 is better graphics, GTA V is trash? Eh not so good logic there. I, for one, as a PC gamer would love GTA V to be released on PC with all the modding possibilities. But of course it can never be as good as a game as TW3 because grafix right?

My friend . At no point I mentioned graphics . Witcher 3 is RPG , which means non linear quests , better lore , better story , more character customization , huge world where you can enter almost every house (like first two games) , challenging gameplay , epic ending to amazing series PLUS graphics and PC being lead platform . They also treat their customers better , unlike Rockstar that made billions yet implemented microtransactions in GTA Online . Both are completely different games and we can't compare them but when it comes to world , The Witcher 3 is much more richer , thanks to lore and background story .

It's different. Can you explore a fantasy orientated world in GTA V? No. But can you steal a car in Witcher? Nope. Both games are different so it's objective. TW3 does not make GTA V look like trash. Story is story, they are totally different also...

As I said my friend "We can't compare them" . For gamers like myself who love story driven games , if we had to choose between two games (and only had money to buy one game) , we won't go for GTA .

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#70 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

Funny how hermits' general opinion has changed from "it's definitely coming in 2014" to "it's trash and I don't want it" much like they did with RDR.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#71 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (11752 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Who cares .? Witcher 3 makes that game look like trash . They can keep that overrated game on consoles but still there is no doubt that the game will land on PS4 , Xbox One and PC later this year .

LOL

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#73 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I think all of Rock* 's resources are on the next gen port right now.

Do you mean the next-gen port that they said they weren't planning?

Yup.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#74 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

There's a rumor, and yes it sounds crazy, that Nintendo delved into their 18+ billion and bought Rockstar in mid gta5 development.

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#75 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

It's easily forgotten.

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#76 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

Rockstar probably the most overrated developer around. i dont want thier games on PC.

specially after what they did with max payne.

Except for Red Dead Redemption hehe, I joke I joke.

TC, relax it'll come on PC my bet is it'll release alongside the XB1/PS4 versions of the game.

Avatar image for roler42
#77 Posted by Roler42 (1051 posts) -

Meh, if it comes to PC, I will welcome it, if it doesn't? well, I aint gonna lose sleep over it and we're not excactly short on sandbox games for the PC

Not to mention: Rockstar is most likely too busy milking console gamers with the microtransactions in GTA Online (PC gamers are less likely to waste money on microtransactions since GTA V would most likely get modded into oblivion)

Also... I love how the more ignorant console gamers throw the piracy card around when they forget that: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-5-Xbox-360-Has-Been-Leaked-Torrents-59065.html Console gamers don't respect release dates and are usually the first to pirate games before it even hits shelves :)

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#78 Posted by R4gn4r0k (22651 posts) -

@Heirren said:

There's a rumor, and yes it sounds crazy, that Nintendo delved into their 18+ billion and bought Rockstar in mid gta5 development.

Hahahahahaha

yeah that does sound crazy.

Avatar image for 7mdma
#79 Posted by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Funny how hermits' general opinion has changed from "it's definitely coming in 2014" to "it's trash and I don't want it" much like they did with RDR.

RDR's coding was all messed up for porting over to PC otherwise they would have. It would have been a good business decision which is always the only decision.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#80 Edited by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heirren said:

There's a rumor, and yes it sounds crazy, that Nintendo delved into their 18+ billion and bought Rockstar in mid gta5 development.

Hahahahahaha

yeah that does sound crazy.

It does. The funny thing is that nintendo has the funds to do such a thing--it is something I can see the company doing at some point in the near future. I'm surprised they haven't acquired sega.

Avatar image for Heil68
#81 Edited by Heil68 (56030 posts) -

Every GTA game has been on PC. GYAV will be at some point too. Glad I didn't have to wait.

Avatar image for blamix
#82 Edited by blamix (207 posts) -

Gta v on consoles = more money for r*

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#83 Posted by KungfuKitten (22860 posts) -

They are probably hoping for people to buy the game twice. Stopped caring by now. The game wasn't out of this world and I bet there won't be good mod support.

Avatar image for 001011000101101
#84 Posted by 001011000101101 (4395 posts) -

I guess Rock Star games only care about cheap consoles these days, thus completely forgetting who helped them get to where they are today. The Grand Theft Auto games started out on the PC and us PC gamers stayed loyal all the way up to IV. And what do we get? NOTHING. Me and my awesome gamer friends often talk about this issue during lunch break. The issue of game studios not paying enough attention to the PC platform that is. Like everyone else, we're disgusted. Disgusted by this industry.

So what can us, the consumers, do about this? Well I don't know. My gaming friends don't know. No one knows. The gaming industry is doomed. Over and out.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#85 Posted by R4gn4r0k (22651 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heirren said:

There's a rumor, and yes it sounds crazy, that Nintendo delved into their 18+ billion and bought Rockstar in mid gta5 development.

Hahahahahaha

yeah that does sound crazy.

It does. The funny thing is that nintendo has the funds to do such a thing--it is something I can see the company doing at some point in the near future. I'm surprised they haven't acquired sega.

If they would buy Rockstar they would go bankrupt short after.

And sega has a lot of PC studios, what would Nintendo want with that ?

Avatar image for intotheminx
#86 Edited by intotheminx (2470 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Haven't we all?

Why are the delusional always so vocal?

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/145465-pc-sales-are-in-decline-and-in-an-alarming-way-for-the-first-time

Winter is coming bish

What? That's from January of 2013 lol. Since the "next gen" consoles have released hardware and software sales have went up dramatically for PC.

Avatar image for melonfarmerz
#87 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Why is it assumed that PC gamers restrict themselves to one platform? I, like many others, prefer PC but have GTA on the Xbox. The only benefit to GTA on PC at this point would be mods, which is one hell of a benefit seeing what happened to GTA IV with mods

My friend owns Xbox 360 and even he stopped playing GTA V because of frame rate issues and long loading times when switching between characters . We started a new business together and he plans to return to PC gaming and awaits PC version of it . According to survey 58% PC gamers own at least one console , so they can play multiplatforms on their consoles but they still want games like GTA V on PC because they are not corporate slaves and want to get better experience on their PCs .

Yup. GTA V has the most disgusting frame rate I've ever seen. It's like 20 some frames and it's very hard to put up with. Beyond that though, you have to admit it's quite the feat considering it's working with shitty hardware. The initial loading screen is a solid minute or two. The console version of GTA V is simply shit and I doubt Rockstar would limit the amazing potential of that game to 20fps, 2 minute loading screens, massive popin and shit textures

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
#88 Edited by delete-SimplyFatal (1122 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Who cares .? Witcher 3 makes that game look like trash . They can keep that overrated game on consoles but still there is no doubt that the game will land on PS4 , Xbox One and PC later this year .

Avatar image for jsmoke03
#89 Edited by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

rockstar is humbling the master race to beg for peasant game lol

Avatar image for melonfarmerz
#90 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@intotheminx said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Haven't we all?

Why are the delusional always so vocal?

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/145465-pc-sales-are-in-decline-and-in-an-alarming-way-for-the-first-time

Winter is coming bish

What? That's from January of 2013 lol. Since the "next gen" consoles have released hardware and software sales have went up dramatically for PC.

Ignore him he's retarded. Hardware and software sales have been having massive gains since 08. It's prebuilt PC's that are going down because everyone builds now.

Avatar image for intotheminx
#91 Posted by intotheminx (2470 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Haven't we all?

Why are the delusional always so vocal?

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/145465-pc-sales-are-in-decline-and-in-an-alarming-way-for-the-first-time

Winter is coming bish

Sorry to disappoint you but more and more people are building their own rigs instead of buying pre build PCs . nVIDIA sold more GTX cards in last few years then they ever did in history . PC gaming made over 24 billion USD revenue last year which is more than 2012 , which was more than 2011 , which was more than 2010 . Get your facts right .

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/12/developers-explain-why-pc-gaming-has-never-been-stronger-24-billion-dollars-yearly-revenue-estimated/

It is fastest growing platform in the world right now

http://www.slashgear.com/ea-ceo-calls-pc-the-fastest-growing-game-platform-20239643/

Just in 3 months Steam user added 10 million new gamers , just when new consoles were about to come out . .

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-15-steam-currently-has-75-million-active-users

I never read that about Steam user, but I can definitely see that. Before the new consoles were released I would see like 3 million people on Steam and now I typically see around 6+ million at one time. That's not including the people playing LoL, WoW, SC2, BF4. and other big titles not using Steam.

Avatar image for RossRichard
#92 Posted by RossRichard (3443 posts) -

Could be because of piracy rates on PC. Don't blame Rockstar, blame Bittorrent. If you pirate, blame yourself.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
#93 Posted by delete-SimplyFatal (1122 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Who cares .? Witcher 3 makes that game look like trash . They can keep that overrated game on consoles but still there is no doubt that the game will land on PS4 , Xbox One and PC later this year .

Avatar image for clyde46
#94 Posted by clyde46 (48915 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

@intotheminx said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Haven't we all?

Why are the delusional always so vocal?

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/145465-pc-sales-are-in-decline-and-in-an-alarming-way-for-the-first-time

Winter is coming bish

What? That's from January of 2013 lol. Since the "next gen" consoles have released hardware and software sales have went up dramatically for PC.

Ignore him he's retarded. Hardware and software sales have been having massive gains since 08. It's prebuilt PC's that are going down because everyone builds now.

No, everyone who would of bought a pre-built or a laptop is now buying tablets.

Avatar image for roler42
#95 Posted by Roler42 (1051 posts) -

@RossRichard said:

Could be because of piracy rates on PC. Don't blame Rockstar, blame Bittorrent. If you pirate, blame yourself.

That's funny considering console gamers were pirating the game before it was even released

Avatar image for melonfarmerz
#96 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@intotheminx said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Haven't we all?

Why are the delusional always so vocal?

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/145465-pc-sales-are-in-decline-and-in-an-alarming-way-for-the-first-time

Winter is coming bish

What? That's from January of 2013 lol. Since the "next gen" consoles have released hardware and software sales have went up dramatically for PC.

Ignore him he's retarded. Hardware and software sales have been having massive gains since 08. It's prebuilt PC's that are going down because everyone builds now.

No, everyone who would of bought a pre-built or a laptop is now buying tablets.

I think it depends. If you're a casual who doesn't really game, of course you would buy a tablet over a clunky desktop. But with the recent availability of info on building from youtube ect, people who would have bought an Alienware are definately building now. That and the fact that new PC gamers are building from the start, and not buying prebuilt

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#97 Posted by MBirdy88 (10934 posts) -

As most people have said, the logical conclusion is:

1) They are working on "Next-Gen" versions.

2) Still developing a stable multiplayer experience.

I'm sure PS4/X1/PC will get it at the same time... however this means its later than usual for PC. (but then this might mean it will be better than previous crap ports)

Avatar image for clyde46
#98 Posted by clyde46 (48915 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

@clyde46 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@intotheminx said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Haven't we all?

Why are the delusional always so vocal?

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/145465-pc-sales-are-in-decline-and-in-an-alarming-way-for-the-first-time

Winter is coming bish

What? That's from January of 2013 lol. Since the "next gen" consoles have released hardware and software sales have went up dramatically for PC.

Ignore him he's retarded. Hardware and software sales have been having massive gains since 08. It's prebuilt PC's that are going down because everyone builds now.

No, everyone who would of bought a pre-built or a laptop is now buying tablets.

I think it depends. If you're a casual who doesn't really game, of course you would buy a tablet over a clunky desktop. But with the recent availability of info on building from youtube ect, people who would have bought an Alienware are definately building now. That and the fact that new PC gamers are building from the start, and not buying prebuilt

Just because they aren't buying PC's from Acer doesn't mean people aren't buying desktops from Alienware. Yes building a PC is a lot easier now than it once was but that won't stop people buying pre-built gaming rigs. People who want to game without having to think etc.

Avatar image for melonfarmerz
#99 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@RossRichard said:

Could be because of piracy rates on PC. Don't blame Rockstar, blame Bittorrent. If you pirate, blame yourself.

Here's something you don't see a lot on SW, facts

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2012/09/22/gaming-piracy-separating-fact-from-fiction

Piracy on the PC is one of the biggest misconceptions. It's so much more convenient now to just buy a game for 5 dollars on Steam noone really bothers anymore.

Read the article, the argument can be made that piracy on consoles is worse.

Avatar image for intotheminx
#100 Posted by intotheminx (2470 posts) -

@RossRichard said:

Could be because of piracy rates on PC. Don't blame Rockstar, blame Bittorrent. If you pirate, blame yourself.

Yup...BUT game sales have went up for the PC platform in the recent year dramatically. Which is why I believe most games coming out this year and next are multiplats. Hopefully, my fellow PC gamers will continue to purchase games instead of pirate so we get even more quality games.