So, Has Rock Star just forgot about PC?

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I'm very curious to hear R*s actual reasoning behind this, because I find it a little hard to understand tbh.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@clyde46 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@intotheminx said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Haven't we all?

Why are the delusional always so vocal?

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/145465-pc-sales-are-in-decline-and-in-an-alarming-way-for-the-first-time

Winter is coming bish

What? That's from January of 2013 lol. Since the "next gen" consoles have released hardware and software sales have went up dramatically for PC.

Ignore him he's retarded. Hardware and software sales have been having massive gains since 08. It's prebuilt PC's that are going down because everyone builds now.

No, everyone who would of bought a pre-built or a laptop is now buying tablets.

I think it depends. If you're a casual who doesn't really game, of course you would buy a tablet over a clunky desktop. But with the recent availability of info on building from youtube ect, people who would have bought an Alienware are definately building now. That and the fact that new PC gamers are building from the start, and not buying prebuilt

Just because they aren't buying PC's from Acer doesn't mean people aren't buying desktops from Alienware. Yes building a PC is a lot easier now than it once was but that won't stop people buying pre-built gaming rigs. People who want to game without having to think etc.

I don't believe he is saying no one will be buying pre built machines. Just that it is more popular to build it yourself atm.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

They didn't forget. Not caring != forgetting.

Butcer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Butcer2
Member since 2010 • 75 Posts

@001011000101101 said:

I guess Rock Star games only care about cheap consoles these days, thus completely forgetting who helped them get to where they are today. The Grand Theft Auto games started out on the PC and us PC gamers stayed loyal all the way up to IV. And what do we get? NOTHING. Me and my awesome gamer friends often talk about this issue during lunch break. The issue of game studios not paying enough attention to the PC platform that is. Like everyone else, we're disgusted. Disgusted by this industry.

So what can us, the consumers, do about this? Well I don't know. My gaming friends don't know. No one knows. The gaming industry is doomed. Over and out.

if pc games sold more then rockstar would focus more on pc , its simple as that, the real money to be made is on the consoles

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

@Butcer2 said:

@001011000101101 said:

I guess Rock Star games only care about cheap consoles these days, thus completely forgetting who helped them get to where they are today. The Grand Theft Auto games started out on the PC and us PC gamers stayed loyal all the way up to IV. And what do we get? NOTHING. Me and my awesome gamer friends often talk about this issue during lunch break. The issue of game studios not paying enough attention to the PC platform that is. Like everyone else, we're disgusted. Disgusted by this industry.

So what can us, the consumers, do about this? Well I don't know. My gaming friends don't know. No one knows. The gaming industry is doomed. Over and out.

if pc games sold more then rockstar would focus more on pc , its simple as that, the real money to be made is on the consoles

Many PC gamers also own consoles. Many of those would rather have GTA V on PC, but on the other hand they can't wait and so buy it at launch.

So many PC gamers end up getting it on consoles, perhaps even skip the PC version because it is released so late. So what I'm trying to say is: if Rockstar released the PC version the same day as on consoles, there would be more PC sales than when they release the PC version a year later.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

I knew it.

Max Payne 3 was gonna be their last PC game. I'm convinced that the only way to change that is if Valve paid them to continue supporting the PC.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#107  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@RossRichard said:

Could be because of piracy rates on PC. Don't blame Rockstar, blame Bittorrent. If you pirate, blame yourself.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100606-Used-Game-Sales-are-a-Bigger-Problem-Than-Piracy

Piracy is keeping a lot of developers away from PC these days . As this GDC survey of game developers show .

-Sarcasm Ends

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

lol ios games

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heirren said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heirren said:

There's a rumor, and yes it sounds crazy, that Nintendo delved into their 18+ billion and bought Rockstar in mid gta5 development.

Hahahahahaha

yeah that does sound crazy.

It does. The funny thing is that nintendo has the funds to do such a thing--it is something I can see the company doing at some point in the near future. I'm surprised they haven't acquired sega.

If they would buy Rockstar they would go bankrupt short after.

And sega has a lot of PC studios, what would Nintendo want with that ?

Why would Rockstar go bankrupt?

Nintendo would want sega for the IPs. I do think Nintendo may actually acquire sega.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Rockstar is going to miss the boat on this one if it's not released soon.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#111 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

Nothing about what's going on in regards to GTAV on PC is unprecedented or unsurprising. R* has a history of releasing the GTA games months after the console versions.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@001011000101101 said:

Buy more games and you won't have this issue. Fact is companies make more money from multiplats on consoles 99 percent of the time.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3218 Posts

I wonder if GTA V is ever going to PC at all.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: I've actually saved so many of your posts for future reference. Thanks man. Regardless, throwing facts at the vocal minority of PS4 users who believe it's superior because they have never tried PC is a waste. They'll simply ignore your facts and counter with more "lol GTA PC is dying"

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

lol ios games

App Store fits under smartphones/tablets. IOS refers directly to games on Steam that are available for Mac and PC. You should probably learn to read. Literacy does you wonders.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if GTA5 never gets released on PC. If that happens, R* will probably completely ditch PC as one of their platforms.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I think pc should forget about Rockstar after crappy ports they did in the past.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#118 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

@Cloud_imperium: I've actually saved so many of your posts for future reference. Thanks man. Regardless, throwing facts at the vocal minority of PS4 users who believe it's superior because they have never tried PC is a waste. They'll simply ignore your facts and counter with more "lol GTA PC is dying"

Thanks man .

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

I would hate to still be waiting. It's been so long. I could have waited, and yes it could perform better on my PC, but boy I'm glad I've already been through it. It's a great game and I got used to the technical flaws.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#120 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Hopefully V comes to PC.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

If it does you consolites better run because it will be the Revenge of the Hermits!!!!!!!!!!

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

I'm curious as to how feasible it'd be for people who want GTAV on PC to email Gabe Newell about paying Rockstar to port it :x

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

I think pc should forget about Rockstar after crappy ports they did in the past.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@RossRichard said:

Could be because of piracy rates on PC. Don't blame Rockstar, blame Bittorrent. If you pirate, blame yourself.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100606-Used-Game-Sales-are-a-Bigger-Problem-Than-Piracy

Piracy is keeping a lot of developers away from PC these days . As this GDC survey of game developers show .

-Sarcasm Ends

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what we call anal destruction.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@7mdma said:

I dont know what you call that laggy mess that showed up on console with pop in, bad draw distance, bad textures, long loading times, jaggies everywhere and low resolution- I'm sure there was a quality game buried somewhere there but that's not a quality gaming experience.

Sounds like that green eyed monster has been munching on them sour grapes again...

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

gta v will not come to pc

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#127  Edited By SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

Announcement is just around the corner.Expect DX11 features and overall better graphical fidelity with better draw distance,shadows,AO,AA and other eye candies. The very first trailer and some early promotional screnshots were taken in the early PC build of the game.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@uninspiredcup said:

PC will get the definitive, definitive definitive, real version. Sold at an extortionate price and running 20fps.

You a terrible troll.

He may just be right though.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@xhawk27: I wouldn't call it revenge of the hermits.

I'd call it a successful begging.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

@inb4uall said:

@uninspiredcup said:

PC will get the definitive, definitive definitive, real version. Sold at an extortionate price and running 20fps.

You a terrible troll.

running at 20 fps? HA HA HA

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#132  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@inb4uall said:

@uninspiredcup said:

You a terrible troll.

Have we forgotten GTA 4 already? Sheesh.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@sts106mat said:

same thing that happened to the PC version of Red Dead Redemption....

*face palm*

Two different situations

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@inb4uall said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@inb4uall said:

@uninspiredcup said:

You a terrible troll.

Have we forgotten GTA 4 already? Sheesh.

Rockstar isn't bethesda. They don't continually put out shit for consumers to swallow. Rockstar is know for quality games. GTA IV on PC was a fluke.