So, Forza once again confirmed the "best racing series"?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

Racing. Meh.

This sums it up.

BadNewsBarrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 BadNewsBarrage
Member since 2013 • 46 Posts

Both 81 at Metacritic

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

NFS blows those out of the water. MK owns all.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@dogfather76:

And what makes Forza so good? The fact that its super easy? Forza is a game for people who don't know how to play racing games. If they added any more driving assistance features, they would have to just put the game on rails.

Have you ever been on a race track?

LatinLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LatinLegacy
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts

I'll just drop these two images here first before I get into my post!

I've played Gran Turismo from the very beginning. I did not start playing Forza until part 2 was released on the Xbox 360. So I have a lot of experience with both franchises. When comparing the two directly, Forza is just a far more solid franchise. Everything from the way the cars look, sound & drive, the attention to detail that goes into the tracks, the level of flexibility with each vehicle in the game (tuning & designs ), the overall presentation, the community, & so on. Ever since I've started playing Forza Motorsport, it has been a few levels above what whatever GT offering it was pitted against. With the last generation, it wasn't much since GT 5 was the only GT available on the PS3 until the recently released GT6. I don't count prologue since that was a glorified demo. I have yet to purchase GT6 so I can't comment on it. I'm also holding out in hopes that they do officially announce that the game is coming to the PS4.

It should be understandable that GT5 had strong sales since it took so damn long for the game to come out in the first place. GT still had a large following at the time of its release. That following has greatly dwindled though as GT5 wasn't that great of a game. Especially compared to Forza Motorsport 4. It was better than FM3 at the time GT5 released but FM4 came out shortly after and..well..., that was the end of that. FM5 is pretty solid. I have played all of the Xbox 360 games as displayed in the image above so naturally I was at Tier 5 when the game released. So I benefited greatly from my loyalty to the franchise through its rewards system. I did not have to deal with the difficult start as many other had to. Especially first time players of the Franchise. VIP & LCE perks helped as well. I do know it's a half assed game though that had a list of issues but even with them, it's a damn good game. I was not surprised by the scores it received even with the lack of content. I just can't compare it directly to GT6, yet :P.

-LatinLegacy

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

There really was not any doubt before that Forza was the better series of the two. It is only the Sony defenders that will say anything to defend Sony that claimed different.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Forza is the best at ripping off stupid people with jumbo-transactions. Nothing more.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@Evo_nine:

Yes. My friend owns a racing team. 250cc Super Karts.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@WadeFan said:

Last gen to this gen comparison FTW!

Last gen = Xbox

This gen = Xbox struck first, let's see what the PS4 offers. So far just the better version of NFS

Forza 1 is still better than GT5.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

GT4 was the last good one....since then Forza has been kicking GT around

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

GT hasn't done anything in almost 10 years I guess the competition is too much for Polyphony.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

Forza is the best at ripping off stupid people with jumbo-transactions. Nothing more.

Opposite of micro? I guess GT6 is the king of that.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'm just waiting on Project Cars. : )

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Joedgabe said:

Racing Sim = / = Racing game...

completely different.

Are you saying Forza is not a racing sim? I don't think that is true.

it definitely isn't as much or as serious a one as GT 6 is. Even though the score is lower, the reviewer even says it's got the best driving physics available on a console. also has FAR more cars (even when counting just premiums) and tracks. Also factors in weather and different times of day. It's less "fun" of a game and less flashy, but it is better at what it claims that it aims to do than its competition (be a driving/racing simulator)

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I guess Polyphony can take another 5 years to deliver yet another Flop Turismo.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

They knew they could of made some money before the generation came to an abrupt end, so they took it. Now they can start focusing on what they'll do on the PS4, although I think Gran Turismo has had one too many chances. They hype it up to oblivion promising so much and it never delivers. I think it's safe to say Forza is the better franchise, now before I get called out I've never played the older GT's so cut me some slack.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@BattleSpectre:

Well I've played both series and Forza 4 is nothing more than Forza 3.5 with novelty head tracking to make Kinect seem useful and Porche held at ransom for $20. While I have not played Forza 5, I've done extensive research on it and it seems like Forza 3.8 with higher resolution and a bunch of shit missing. Forza 1 was very solid for its time. Forza 2 could have been great if only it had a cockpit view like PGR did during the same exact time. Forza 3 and on made it very apparent that Microdoft wanted to move to a casual kiddie audience where anybody can be a winner. Its pretty much the COD of racing sims. Hopefully Lucid gets the green light from Microsoft to make an Xbox One racing sim. Then maybe you Lems will see what a real racing game is.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Burnout is the best driving series.

And it was murdered by EA.

Who have snuggled up to MS.

You know the enemy here, chaps.

ty_lat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ty_lat
Member since 2009 • 198 Posts

people play racing games?

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

Old Gen game (GT6) Metacritic score= 81

Current Gen game (Forza 5) Metacritic score= 81

Sad an older gen console game is pretty even with current gen game.......

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

Old Gen game (GT6) Metacritic score= 81

Current Gen game (Forza 5) Metacritic score= 81

Sad an older gen console game is pretty even with current gen game.......

Forza Motorsport 5:

Gran Turismo 6:

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@WadeFan said:

Last gen to this gen comparison FTW!

Last gen = Xbox

This gen = Xbox struck first, let's see what the PS4 offers. So far just the better version of NFS

The gap will probably be even bigger once Forza 6 and GT7 do battle. Turn 10 will be on their second game of the gen, while PD will be learning the PS4 (which shouldn't be hard, but we all know how PD likes to complicate development schedules).

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Personally i think KY has officially lost the plot completely, the stupid van races in gt5 were annoying and pointless but now he's gone a step farther and taken us to the moon for reasons only KY understands.

Who needs proper realistic sound effects and a full roster of premium cars when we can include a completely pointless moon buggy stage....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#75 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

It's my personal favorite racing series, too bad i have to get X1 to get that game. It would be the only reason i would get that box. I don't like Gran Turismo, i think it has just become stale. I have played those games since GT 2, but GT 5 was just too stale and clunky for me

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76  Edited By -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

This is like those Battlefield threads claiming ownage on COD. Then COD comes out and annihilates BF at the cash register. haha.

Do you think PD cares more about sales or critic reviews? I'm pretty sure it's sales. The only IPs selling better than GT are GTA, COD, and Halo. Forza isn't even in the picture. GT5 sold more copies than any two Forza releases on 360. So tell me again why GT can't compete with Forza? haha

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#77  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

A racing game is a racing game

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: Jelly overflow from this guy

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Phazevariance: Yeah im jealous a game got a 7.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: obviously you are.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#81  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Shielder7 said:

Opposite of micro? I guess GT6 is the king of that.

GT6 glitch gives you 20 million credits in three minutes

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-11-gt6-glitch-gives-you-20-million-credits-in-three-minutes

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@BattleSpectre:

Well I've played both series and Forza 4 is nothing more than Forza 3.5 with novelty head tracking to make Kinect seem useful and Porche held at ransom for $20. While I have not played Forza 5, I've done extensive research on it and it seems like Forza 3.8 with higher resolution and a bunch of shit missing. Forza 1 was very solid for its time. Forza 2 could have been great if only it had a cockpit view like PGR did during the same exact time. Forza 3 and on made it very apparent that Microdoft wanted to move to a casual kiddie audience where anybody can be a winner. Its pretty much the COD of racing sims. Hopefully Lucid gets the green light from Microsoft to make an Xbox One racing sim. Then maybe you Lems will see what a real racing game is.

And here is the problem with cows. They bash a game based on what OTHERS say and not from experience. I know lots of fanboys do the same but not to the extent that cows will. Why try and critique a game when you haven't played it. Saying "you've done extensive research" isn't the same as actually playing it. Play it and then form your own opinion.

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#83  Edited By Beefkebob
Member since 2013 • 84 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

Forza appeals to casuals because it comes stocked with training wheels. Without all the assistance, most people wouldn't even buy it because they would actually have to learn to play it. Its sort of like bumper bowling or the Special Olympics. Anybody can compete.

This, this, and this!

So much truth has never been spoken my friend:)

Forza is a "media darling" because of how much of a dumbed down barebones racer it is.....

Anything that requires too much skill, will more likely then not, be hated by most of the gaming media

(Also see harsh reviews of Killzone ShafowFall for more proof of that)

There are always exceptions but more often then not you can see it.

Halo and Gears are dumbed down shooters too and thats why most gaming media loves Halo and Gears too.

Come to think of it, most xbox exuclusives are dumbed down, barebones, cookie-cutter generic games....Playstation exclusives FTW:)

Gran Turismo is and awlays will be the much more sophisticated racer.

Gran Turismo is and always will be the preferred sim racer of hard core racing fans

Hell, Forza was only ever made, to compete with Gran Turismo lol

Without Gran Turismo, Forza doesnt even exist.

So xbots should be even more thankful for Gran Turismo.

...since the begining the Microsoft paid off gaming media has been hyping up Forza as a Gran Turismo killer.......

BUT we all know which one is the OG, which one sells way more, and which one hardcore racing fans like more......the answer to all of them is GRAN TURISMO

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@-ArchAngeL-777- said:

This is like those Battlefield threads claiming ownage on COD. Then COD comes out and annihilates BF at the cash register. haha.

Do you think PD cares more about sales or critic reviews? I'm pretty sure it's sales. The only IPs selling better than GT are GTA, COD, and Halo. Forza isn't even in the picture. GT5 sold more copies than any two Forza releases on 360. So tell me again why GT can't compete with Forza? haha

Why are you so obsessed with how much money the devs make? Shouldn't you be more concerned about the actual game than it's sales. 1 selling more than the other doesn't make the game better. BF3 was a far better game than COD yet it didn't sell nearly as much. I would have used BF4 as an example but since I haven't played Ghost I can't really make that claim yet.

Either way, your concerns should be game play and not sales. Poly making so much money off GT5/6 doesn't do anything for you, unless you have stock.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

GT6 glitch gives you 20 million credits in three minutes

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-11-gt6-glitch-gives-you-20-million-credits-in-three-minutes

Glitch? Okay...

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Thye are both 81 on metacritic. Forza 5 is only superior if you are a deluded lemming. I prefer GT6 but at this point since they are both equal on metacritc I would say they are tied for quality until the score there changes.

In sales though it's a different story. I expect GT6 to sell 3 to 4 times what Forza 5 will sell.