This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

So...SimCity's going to be releasing next week. I remember when it was first announced there was quite a clamor amongst PC people alike and strategy fans on the fourms and over the game; now it's coming out in about a week and talk of the game seems have died off.

Thoughts?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
I expect it to not be as good as Sim City 4.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

So...SimCity's going to be releasing next week. I remember when it was first announced there was quite a clamor amongst PC people alike and strategy fans on the fourms and over the game; now it's coming it out in about a week and talk of the game seems have died off.

Thoughts?

Goyoshi12

Really?  Most of the previews I've read online have alot of commnets about the game.

I'm looking forward to it. I liked the BEta, and my only concern comes down to city sizes, and it seems regional tacticla play might be enough to sidestep that issue - or atleast I hope it does.

I've got it pre-ordered.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

So...SimCity's going to be releasing next week. I remember when it was first announced there was quite a clamor amongst PC people alike and strategy fans on the fourms and over the game; now it's coming it out in about a week and talk of the game seems have died off.

Thoughts?

Kinthalis

Really?  Most of the previews I've read online have alot of commnets about the game.

I'm looking forward to it. I liked the BEta, and my only concern comes down to city sizes, and it seems regional tacticla play might be enough to sidestep that issue - or atleast I hope it does.

I've got it pre-ordered.

Well of course the previews would have comments but I'm talking about across the fourms and such it's been pretty quiet on the game; even the PC & Mac board barely have any talk for the game.

GeForce-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GeForce-
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

Well, the game comes with awful DRM and is exclusive on Origin.

There you go. That's why the discussion about the game is dead. EA killed it before it releases.

Just stick with Sim City 4. Old games are often better due to no DRM and other crap.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Goyoshi12

Well, the game comes with awful DRM and is exclusive on Origin.

There you go. That's why the discussion about the game is dead. EA killed it before it releases.

Just stick with Sim City 4. Old games are often better due to no DRM and other crap.

GeForce-

So did Anno 2070 but that ended up stil being a pretty good game all things considered.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
I don't mind the DRM so much as the microtransactions. I would be absolutely shocked if there is not some sort of DLC that allows for larger maps, which have always been present in other iterations of SimCity at release. Basically, EA is going to ruin the game.
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
DRM killed my interest in the game.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kinthalis

DRM killed my interest in the game.Pittfan666

You're going to have let the DRM devil go my man. Pirates have poisoned the well, and most upcoming AAA games will feature DRM is some way ro another.

Thank the pirates for that.

As for constant online connection - atleast there is a benefit to it. They are runnign all the sims simulation on the cloud.

In the beta, I had a city with easily severla hundred sims. I could click on each individual sim, even the children and see what they were thinking, where they came from, where they were going, what their needs were, etc. I could even track them going from point a, all the wya to point B.

Pretty cool stuff, and probably woudl require a high end processor to pull off locally. This way, even people with middling CPU's cna still run the simulation.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Participated in both betas and the game itself is excellent.  Biggest hypekills are city size and DRM.
The DRM is a legit complaint, but it is what it is.  I'm getting it day one, but it's one of those franchises that even I had to convince myself was worth $60.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
biggest worries is the always on DRM. Currently with a so-so DSL connection here i'm worrying about lags
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Don't buy it, it's DRM is just as bad as Diablo 3's.

Might as well be something from Onlive.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Someone explain to me whats bad about the DRM? I still haven't made a decision.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Someone explain to me whats bad about the DRM? I still haven't made a decision. clyde46
It turns the game into a glorified MMO.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Someone explain to me whats bad about the DRM? I still haven't made a decision. clyde46

Always online.

No offline play.

No freedom.

You don't actually own the game.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kinthalis

biggest worries is the always on DRM. Currently with a so-so DSL connection here i'm worrying about lags adamosmaki

I don't believe the information moving back and forth is large. It's not like Diablo where the level and the loot, and the position of your character,e tc is being contantly updated. You're gettting just raw numbers that represent the simulation.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kinthalis

Well, it's always on DRM - mind you the always online is also required due to offloading the simulation to the cloud. 

I, like 90% of Pc gamers out there have a solid, high bandwidth internet connection - so this doesnt affect me in any way shape or form.

If you game on your lapto onthe go, or have a lousy ISP, or live in the boonies, yeah, that might suck.

As for "owning" our games, LOL! We as Pc gamers gave that up years ago.

Fossil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fossil-
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts
Sim City is incredible but the DRM and city size makes it kind of meh. I could deal with DRM as awful as it is, but smaller cities kind of killed my hype. EA doesn't really seem to care about Sim City at all, I think they just wanted to squeeze another buck out of the core fans who have been waiting for a true sequel to SC4.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I was super excited when I saw the trailer, but I'm not supporting that DRM, so I won't be buying it anymore.