Scary times ahead for consoles, PASCAL is almost here!

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Ah, modern gaming... where it's not about how fun games are, but rather how good they look.

You guys are pathetic.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@xdude85 said:

Ah, modern gaming... where it's not about how fun games are, but rather how good they look.

You guys are pathetic.

It's always been about how they look.

All the way back into the early 1980s they've been fighting over visuals and how close the consoles looked to the arcade versions.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@xdude85 said:

You guys are pathetic.

Yeah movie games, cod rehashes, ass creed rehashes, flops all around, and broken games. So fun.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@Motokid6 said:

Better then ever. No. Gaming is more accessible then ever. If you can't look and see the dark path this hobby of ours is heading down then you are part of the problem. Be a better gamer. For the sake of what you love. Stop the fanboy mindset and actually do something about getting a better console. Again consoles are here to stay, but the way the business is currently being ran will kill video games. Do you support that? Please don't.

@Heli - Take your mtv goty awards and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. That bullshit is partly responsible for the corrupt state gaming is in.

All you are bitching about is super vague "EVERYTHING SUCKS!" Luddism and nostalgia. What SPECIFICALLY is your problem with modern gaming? Because I can guarantee it will either be A. an improvement to the past or B. easily ignorable.

@xdude85 said:

You guys are pathetic.

Gaming has never been LESS about graphics than it currently is.

@-God- said:

Yeah movie games, cod rehashes, ass creed rehashes, flops all around, and broken games. So fun.

There were FAR more broken games and flops in the past. They have always been movie games and flops.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#106 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@parkurtommo said:
@Heil68 said:
@parkurtommo said:
@Heil68 said:

If only PC's got the best games the industry has to offer.

According to gamespot, TW3 is one of the best games ever made, and it's best on PC :v

Reviewed on current gen 8 console leader PS4

Then I suppose the PC version is an 11/10 :o

Guess well have to see. Its shame PC cant get any exclusive 10/10's or a recent exclusive GOTY in the last decade+.

Of course, it is indeed a shame that our platform doesn't hoard ip's to secure hardware sales like consoles do...! I mean, why doesn't PC do this??? Why??

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#107  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

#

@04dcarraher said:
@RyviusARC said:
@SolidTy said:

It's actually the opposite. It's not scary at all, it's just business as usual for Nvidia.

lol Nvidia downplaying AMD after losing to AMD in all three consoles (Wii U, Xbone, PS4).

Nvidia PR work overtime as they put out a lot of articles in 2013, 2014, and now 2015 about how amazing the future is with Nvidia and how AMD and others are about to be destroyed....except years pass and it's the same old Bullsh**.

I don't blame Nvidia Corp. They make a living and this is the way they sell wares...I know I buy their cards along with AMD cards, but I don't quote their BS PR and I certainly don't feel excitement or panic anymore from them.

Yah I am sure Nvidia is so mad at AMD for all the money they could of received from the deal with consoles.

I mean AMD must be swimming in cash and be the market leader in GPU sales........oh wait that is Nvidia.

AMD is almost bankrupt and unless they pull something great with their new Zen CPUs and 300 series GPUs they will go under.

From what ive been reading about the 300 series is everything under 390 series are tweaked and rehashed gpu's from earlier series. AMD is hurting, so much that the release prices of the 390 series will be around $700 and 380x around $400, 380 around $330 etc etc. People upgrading from 7950 boost/7970 or ghz need to buy 290's or 380's or higher to actually notice any sizable differences.

Isn't the 300 series using HBM instead of GDDR5 for cooling purposes?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@parkurtommo said:
@Heil68 said:
@parkurtommo said:
@Heil68 said:
@parkurtommo said:
@Heil68 said:

According to gamespot, TW3 is one of the best games ever made, and it's best on PC :v

Guess well have to see. Its shame PC cant get any exclusive 10/10's or a recent exclusive GOTY in the last decade+.

Of course, it is indeed a shame that our platform doesn't hoard ip's to secure hardware sales like consoles do...! I mean, why doesn't PC do this??? Why??

Lack of the best games in the industry is my guess,

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

According to GS/MC, PC has the best games in the industry on average.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

#

@04dcarraher said:
@RyviusARC said:
@SolidTy said:

It's actually the opposite. It's not scary at all, it's just business as usual for Nvidia.

lol Nvidia downplaying AMD after losing to AMD in all three consoles (Wii U, Xbone, PS4).

Nvidia PR work overtime as they put out a lot of articles in 2013, 2014, and now 2015 about how amazing the future is with Nvidia and how AMD and others are about to be destroyed....except years pass and it's the same old Bullsh**.

I don't blame Nvidia Corp. They make a living and this is the way they sell wares...I know I buy their cards along with AMD cards, but I don't quote their BS PR and I certainly don't feel excitement or panic anymore from them.

Yah I am sure Nvidia is so mad at AMD for all the money they could of received from the deal with consoles.

I mean AMD must be swimming in cash and be the market leader in GPU sales........oh wait that is Nvidia.

AMD is almost bankrupt and unless they pull something great with their new Zen CPUs and 300 series GPUs they will go under.

From what ive been reading about the 300 series is everything under 390 series are tweaked and rehashed gpu's from earlier series. AMD is hurting, so much that the release prices of the 390 series will be around $700 and 380x around $400, 380 around $330 etc etc. People upgrading from 7950 boost/7970 or ghz need to buy 290's or 380's or higher to actually notice any sizable differences.

Only the 380x and up will have HBM, and since 1st gen HBM is limited to 4gb, its not going to do anything "better" , better than GDDR5 on 512bit bus. Once 2nd gen HBM gets released and gpus start carrying 8gb or more then HBM will be necessary for 4k gaming. Right now the 390x or titan do not have enough behind them to do 60 fps 4k. 390x is said to be a 280w+ TDP gpu.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts
@Heil68 said:
@parkurtommo said:
@Heil68 said:

An 'overhyped' PC series finally puts a game out on PlayStation after 7 1/2 years and it gets a 10/10. That says more about PC gaming then it does PS.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 RyviusARC

@04dcarraher said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

#

@04dcarraher said:
@RyviusARC said:
@SolidTy said:

Only the 380x and up will have HBM, and since 1st gen HBM is limited to 4gb, its not going to do anything "better" , better than GDDR5 on 512bit bus. Once 2nd gen HBM gets released and gpus start carrying 8gb or more then HBM will be necessary for 4k gaming. Right now the 390x or titan do not have enough behind them to do 60 fps 4k. 390x is said to be a 280w+ TDP gpu.

I heard only the 390 and up are using HBM.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By 04dcarraher

@RyviusARC said:

I heard only the 390 and up are using HBM.

Unless new info has come out stating other wise an AMD dev confirmed 380x to use HBM a few months ago.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I have a feeling that MS might go to Nvidia for their next console.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@parkurtommo said:
@Heil68 said:
@parkurtommo said:
@Heil68 said:

I think Star Citizen might get a 10. Then all you Console peasants are going to cry. ;)

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@walloftruth said:
@MK-Professor said:
@RageQuit4Life said:

You see, console peasants. Do you know what it's called?

Checkmate.

Game over.

That was like the fifth checkmate, the first happens before the gen even began with the HD7970 (in January 2012)

Yes and magically consoles still live and strive.

it might be alive but it is pointless to play games with low settings and 30fps, and if that is your goal then just get a low-end PC.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 RyviusARC

@xhawk27 said:
@Heil68 said:
@parkurtommo said:
@Heil68 said:
@parkurtommo said:
@Heil68 said:

I think Star Citizen might get a 10. Then all you Console peasants are going to cry. ;)

Star Citizen is too ambitious to get a 10.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@RyviusARC: First of all its not going to be twice the power and second now you are resorting to using used parts? Lol really?

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By RyviusARC

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC: First of all its not going to be twice the power and second now you are resorting to using used parts? Lol really?

An overclocked 7950 can perform better than a stock 7970.

Also why not use used parts when you are on a budget?

Computer hardware devalues quickly over time so you can get some great deals on older hardware.

With consoles being very weak even 5 year old GPUs can perform better along with 8 year old CPUs.

New mid to high end hardware is way above what consoles can do.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:

$100 GPU owning PS4? check

$100 GPU on a 300 watt PSU? check

$100 GPU on a $400 prebuilt joke of PC? check

Custom $400 PC owning PS4? check

Not having a hulking PC tower in my family room? Check!

Not having to deal with modders? Check!

Not having to play FPS with M/KB? Check!

Not really having enough time in life to worry about it? Check!!!

Console gaming is just fine for non nerds? Check!!!

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#122 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:
@True_Gamer_ said:

Not having a hulking PC tower in my family room? Check!

Not having to deal with modders? Check!

Not having to play FPS with M/KB? Check!

Not really having enough time in life to worry about it? Check!!!

Console gaming is just fine for non nerds? Check!!!

Unlike those bigass consoles , gaming laptops are portable!!! Check

Modders are the only reason Skyrim doesn’t suck!!! Check

You can connect a Xbox Controller to PC but you can’t connect a M/KB to consoles!!! Check

Auto-aim is for pussies!!! Check

Making a console fanboy to see reason is a waste of time!!! Check

I’m Petro-geologist not a fucking teenage dork!!! Check

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 AM-Gamer

@RyviusARC: There is not any 5 year old gpu that would perform better then a console. And no I don't want to use used pc parts.

Also those are not prebuilt PC's.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

I want to continue supporting Nvidia but their drive support for older cards are horrendous. Once the 900 series hit, the driver support for the high end 700 series turn to shit. I am rather disappointed.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By RyviusARC

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC: There is not any 5 year old gpu that would perform better then a console. And no I don't want to use used pc parts.

Why are custom built PCs not accepted?

Custom Built is the way to go for quality parts.

The ATI 5970 came out in September of 2009 and is faster.

The GTX 480 came out in March of 2010 and is faster.

Loading Video...

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By 04dcarraher

@AM-Gamer said:

Actually there are 5 year old gpu's that easily beat the X1 and are nearly on par with the PS4. GTX 580 and the 6970 both released in 2010.

If you were able to get the 3gb version of the GTX 580, it actually matches the PS4.

Pixel rate of the GTX 580 is 37 vs PS4 25.6, while texture rate PS4 beats the 580 49 vs 57

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By RyviusARC

@04dcarraher said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Actually there are 5 year old gpu's that beat the X1 and are nearly on par with the PS4. GTX 580 and the 6970 both released in 2010.

The 580 easily beats the PS4 especially if you have the 3GB vRAM model.

My old 570 was getting better performance in games than the PS4 at similar settings. The only thing holding it back was vRAM but the actual power behind it was better.

Bringing in overclocking would further the gap.

Aside from the lower mid end GPU at the time of the release the PS4 has a very weak CPU that will even bottleneck a GPU that isn't even high end.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:
@AM-Gamer said:

@True_Gamer_: A 400$ prebuilt pc won't touch a PS4 , even the custom builds for that price dont.

Lets take the LOWEST common denominator on consoles:

FIFA 15 aka IGNITE NEXT GEN ENGINE. (not the last gen Xbox 360/PS3 FIFA 15)

It can run on r7 250 MAXXED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRD3i-z-3t8

Now the above is in same way as FIFA 11 (the 1st PS3 port to PC) running on an X800....

Because the PS360 werent joke weaklings last gen like this pathetic gen the above is impossible...

$400 Prebuilt PC with $100 pascal slammed inside will own PS4 royally mark my words

The shitty thing about this gen is the fact that these consoles have less identity and features than last gen..

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:

When steam machines reach this level of affordable hardware that greatly surpasses the PS4 and Xbox One, consoles are screwed

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#130 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

@RyviusARC said:
@AM-Gamer said:

@True_Gamer_: A 400$ prebuilt pc won't touch a PS4 , even the custom builds for that price dont.

I can build a PC for less than 400USD that has an i5 750 OCed to 3.6ghz and an AMD 7950.

When the 7950 is overclocked it would be around twice the power of the PS4.

Used Ebay parts lol Guess how much I can get a used PS4 on Ebay for.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

I want to wait and see how much more powerful Volta will be compared to Pascal.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#132 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It's all Greek to me.

This is why I prefer to play games rather than statistics like tormentos.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 RyviusARC

@twizded said:
@RyviusARC said:
@AM-Gamer said:

I can build a PC for less than 400USD that has an i5 750 OCed to 3.6ghz and an AMD 7950.

When the 7950 is overclocked it would be around twice the power of the PS4.

Used Ebay parts lol Guess how much I can get a used PS4 on Ebay for.

Around 310-320USD.

The PC build I posted is still a better bang for buck.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By AM-Gamer

@RyviusARC: No it won't not all the time and a 570 can't beat the PS4 in barely anything anymore.

A GTX 480 doesn't beat the PS4 in anything other then the shittiest of pc ports.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

@-God- said:
@xdude85 said:

You guys are pathetic.

Yeah, because those were the specific games I was talking about...

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#136 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@jhcho2 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:
@jhcho2 said:

Lol. Hermits are trying their best to convince themselves of the relevancy of PC hardware on the success/failure of consoles. There isn't even any direct correlation whatsoever between the surge of PC hardware power with the decline in popularity of consoles. If anything, consoles have become more popular, in spite of how powerful PCs are becoming.

Except for rising numbers of pc gamers since around 2012 and the direct decline of console sales compared to last gen.

More popular? If gen 8 trailling behind gen 7 is your idea of more popular, sure

No, my idea of popularity is based on statistical figures, unlike yours. This gen isn't over yet, so there's no point comparing. All signs points to 300 mil consoles by the end of this generation

Gen 5: 100 mil PS1s, 30 mil N64s, < 10 mil Dreamcasts. 130+ mil total

Gen 6: 150 mil PS2s, 20 mil Xbox's, 20 mil Gamecubes. 190 mil total

Gen 7: 80 mil PS3s, 80 mil 360s, 100 mil Wiis. 260 mil total

haha. that's not gonna happen

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#137 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC: No it won't not all the time and a 570 can't beat the PS4 in barely anything anymore.

A GTX 480 doesn't beat the PS4 in anything other then the shittiest of pc ports.

Let us see yotube videos for a start?

In GTA V?

In Project Cars?

570 2.5gb vs PS4? 2010 hardware vs 2013?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By 04dcarraher

@AM-Gamer said:

Um hope you know that GTX 480 is on par with a GTX 570..... GTX 480 in BF4 can play the game at 1080p on full high settings with around 50 fps, at PS4's resolution you can do a mix of high and ultra and get near 60 fps average. The only thing that holds back the 480 is 1.5gb of vram, the 480's performance numbers are Gpix rate 33.6 and Gtex rate 42 vs PS4's 25.6 Gpix rate and 57 Gtex rate. Alsoa GTX 570 can run GTA 5 on high with standard textures at 1080p 40 fps average.