Rockstar-Disc swapping is hassle free with LA Noire

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#251 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

I think I'll be picking it up for my PS3 this time around, which is a surprise seeing as how 99% of multiplats I'll buy for 360. I don't mind the disc swapping, it really takes maybe 30 seconds and I swap discs whenever I want to play another game, so it's not like disc swapping is suddenly just a this generation thing. I enjoy the xbox 360 controller over the PS3 one, along with cross game chat and achievements over trophies but if the game is better on PS3 then might aswell get it.

I might still pick up the 360 one though, depends on the reviews.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#252 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="1stPlaceWinner"]

Different situations though.

1stPlaceWinner

I see about as much reason to complain about one situation as the other, which is to say, none. But yeah, they are different situations, but I don't find that the differences warrant annoyance in the case of multiple discs.

I think it's simple, the multiple disc situation is un common, something people don't deal with regularly especially on PC and PS3 and when it shows up it annoys people.

I can count on one hand all the multi-disc games on the 360. You make it sound like it's so many games.. The only system you can say that doesn't have disc swapping is the PC.
1stPlaceWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#253 1stPlaceWinner
Member since 2010 • 1120 Posts
[QUOTE="1stPlaceWinner"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

I see about as much reason to complain about one situation as the other, which is to say, none. But yeah, they are different situations, but I don't find that the differences warrant annoyance in the case of multiple discs.

xsubtownerx

I think it's simple, the multiple disc situation is un common, something people don't deal with regularly especially on PC and PS3 and when it shows up it annoys people.

I can count on one hand all the multi-disc games on the 360. You make it sound like it's so many games.. The only system you can say that doesn't have disc swapping is the PC.

I did not make it sound like it is so many games, right in my post i said it is uncommon.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

400 faces. If it stayed a PS3 exclusive that number would be 1,000. ;)

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

I really don't see how swapping disks twice is any kind of hassle. :?

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

400 faces. If it stayed a PS3 exclusive that number would be 1,000. ;)

LOXO7

But then you would need a second bluray, god forbid!!!!!

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#257 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="1stPlaceWinner"]

1stPlaceWinner

I did not make it sound like it is so many games, right in my post i said it is uncommon.

My bad. :lol:

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Microsoft might have been better off just putting a a CD-Rom or maybe even a floppy disk drive in the 360. I mean storage doesn't matter AT All!.... At least that's what the Lemmings in this thread are desperately spamming in an effort to convince people it's true. Hope the X-Box 720 comes out soon so we can get some proper muliplats up in here up in here.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

Microsoft might have been better off just putting a a CD-Rom or maybe even a floppy disk drive in the 360. I mean storage doesn't matter AT All!.... At least that's what the Lemmings in this thread are desperately spamming in an effort to convince people it's true. Hope the X-Box 720 comes out soon so we can get some proper muliplats up in here up in here.

Pray_to_me
Thats not what they are saying?! They are trying to get across that changing the disc twice over a long period is not a problem!!!