Resident Evil ORC Hype thread!! GS score 4.5 flop D:

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

Nemesis in the house!! :D

Nemesis

lbjkurono23

He needs to hit the gym.

Check the other picture :P, that one doesn't do him justice lol

Yea I just saw one walking upright and it does look better. To be honest as long as they keep the core look of the character im fine. I hope his second form appears in this game. Since thats my favorite one.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

He needs to hit the gym.

finalfantasy94

Check the other picture :P, that one doesn't do him justice lol

Yea I just saw one walking upright and it does look better. To be honest as long as they keep the core look of the character im fine. I hope his second form appears in this game. Since thats my favorite one.

With all the tentacles and such? :P I'm hoping they don't mess up too much on the voice. Original sounded great UC Didn't sound bad, it was pretty creepy/cool, but it was a bit robotic. Felt like robocop was after you :P Let's see what they do with this one. heres the comparison, bad audio quality, but you can hear the difference.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#104 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

just letting you guys know if any of you kill claire you'll have some serious problems with me, thanks bye :)lightleggy

Jill > Claire :P

Back OT, can't wait for this game, been itching for a RE game to go back to Raccoon City, The ROOTS SON!!!

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"] Check the other picture :P, that one doesn't do him justice lol

lbjkurono23

With all the tentacles and such? :P I'm hoping they don't mess up too much on the voice. Original sounded great UC Didn't sound bad, it was pretty creepy/cool, but it was a bit robotic. Felt like robocop was after you :P Let's see what they do with this one. heres the comparison, bad audio quality, but you can hear the difference.

Im fine with ether. I get where they were going with in UC. Im guessing since hes artifical monster they were going more for a half human half somethign els sound.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Don't know if this trailer was posted but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GFP8FsBbx0 Hope to be able to play as HUNK. I'm pretty sure they changed his voice though. ShuichiChamp24

I got goosebumps watching that trailer, a few people (don't want to spoil it) from RE2 and RE3 in RE ORC just made my nerd radar go off.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 lbjkurono23

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]just letting you guys know if any of you kill claire you'll have some serious problems with me, thanks bye :)Ballroompirate

Jill > Claire :P

Back OT, can't wait for this game, been itching for a RE game to go back to Raccoon City, The ROOTS SON!!!

I can't choose, I love em both :cry: ... and Becky :oops: hmmm

@theguardian Lol remember the motivatio poster of nemesis? it read like this(I think) "raccoon city number one source of exercise " :P

Really like the concept arts

The_Djoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#109 The_Djoker
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts
Game looks terrible. SEriously...WTF is wrong with Crapcom.
c02z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 c02z
Member since 2005 • 1840 Posts
thanks for the links OP
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#111 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

I still got faith in the game. >.>

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#112 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
typical capcom, making terrible spin-offs instead of releasing good continuations of the series make an RE game that's a true successor to RE4, capcom...
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

Can't believe I am saying this, but I hope this game flops in sales and scores. I'm just a bitter RE fanboy though, so don't take what I say to heart ;)

millerlight89

thisthisthisthis

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

The poll makes me want to cry. :(

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 lbjkurono23

The poll makes me want to cry. :(

Tikeio
I know :( this game is on lock for AAA score. @c02z: No problem :) @timmy: My faith is stronger now =D
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 lbjkurono23
OP updated with Special edition information and pre-order bonuses.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]typical capcom, making terrible spin-offs instead of releasing good continuations of the series make an RE game that's a true successor to RE4, capcom...

How about Capcom make a True sucessor to Resident Evil itself, the series lost itself with 4. I'd love to see them RE:make some of the older games "2-3" considering Capcom seems to have no idea where to take the series from here.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#118 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Did this not get delayed to 2012?
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Is Nemesis a robot again like he was in that Wii railshooter?

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Dibdibdobdobo

hakanakumono
Which shooter? I've played Umbrella Chronicles so im guessing darkside chronicles. Theyre quite fun games. PS: Off subject, I cant see the hate for FF13 after purchasing it lol.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#121 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

timmy00
I have total lost the faith in the game.....it is really sad.This it isn't a Resident evil game.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="AtariKidX"][QUOTE="timmy00"]

I have total lost the faith in the game.....it is really sad.This it isn't a Resident evil game.

Nor was 4 or 5. Revelations is being released next year for the old school fans. Its a great time to be a Resi fan in 2012.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#123 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

What happened to Resident Evil? :cry:

HitomiChan
yea this.. also.. one of the screens.. why is he shooting the tyrant??.. isnt it suppose to be helping them kill leon or something?.. also whats with the using zombies for shields thing?.

The Mr. X t-103 tyrant is programmed to get rid of whatever is in it's way. Its not really sentient like nemesis is
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#124 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

So 100% of the discussion about this game is still "This isn't Resident Evil!" I see.

Is it so hard to just look at this as a squad-based co-op shooter and leave it at that? Capcom makes no pretensions to it being a survival horror game as far as I can tell.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frw0Or9b_ZA Didn't see it, maybe I'm blind? It's an 8min gameplay video, looking forward to the game.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 lbjkurono23
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]typical capcom, making terrible spin-offs instead of releasing good continuations of the series make an RE game that's a true successor to RE4, capcom...

How about Capcom make a True sucessor to Resident Evil itself, the series lost itself with 4. I'd love to see them RE:make some of the older games "2-3" considering Capcom seems to have no idea where to take the series from here.

As much as I love the tank controls in RE titles, I just don't see capcom going back to those. So you would be getting RE2/3 with with the new controls and it doesn't seem like you'd like those.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 lbjkurono23

So 100% of the discussion about this game is still "This isn't Resident Evil!" I see.

Is it so hard to just look at this as a squad-based co-op shooter and leave it at that? Capcom makes no pretensions to it being a survival horror game as far as I can tell.

Cherokee_Jack
Yeah, capcom said that they were doing something completely different with this one, they even confirmed it to be non-canon.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#128 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

lbjkurono23
Yeah, capcom said that they were doing something completely different with this one, they even confirmed it to be non-canon.

they did confirm it to be non canon?
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 lbjkurono23
[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

Animal-Mother

they did confirm it to be non canon?

Yes, you can lower the pitchfork :P, but in all seriousness it's a what if scenario it wont affect the storyline . :)
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Dibdibdobdobo

Cherokee_Jack
Well this is what the franchise needed, to be divided into 2 entities. One for the old school resi fans like myself get revelations next year while the rest get a coop based game. I like it this way to be perfectly honest.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Dibdibdobdobo

Which shooter? I've played Umbrella Chronicles so im guessing darkside chronicles. Theyre quite fun games. PS: Off subject, I cant see the hate for FF13 after purchasing it lol.

No I'm talking about UC. Maybe he wasn't a "Robot" but that's what they did with his voice UC was a mess, but DC might be better. Even so, I'm afraid of what they did to my favorite RE story.

I can see distaste for the game, but it's really not that bad.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]typical capcom, making terrible spin-offs instead of releasing good continuations of the series make an RE game that's a true successor to RE4, capcom...lbjkurono23

As much as I love the tank controls in RE titles, I just don't see capcom going back to those. So you would be getting RE2/3 with with the new controls and it doesn't seem like you'd like those.

Old RE isn't about tank controls. Tank controls were just something that you lived with so you could have those amazing cinematic backdrops. It's a fundamental difference in how the games are designed.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#133 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Gameplay wise it looks really dull, I hope that changes with a nice story or maybe through future developement.

All in all, I wish they went back to their horror roots.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lbjkurono23

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"] How about Capcom make a True sucessor to Resident Evil itself, the series lost itself with 4. I'd love to see them RE:make some of the older games "2-3" considering Capcom seems to have no idea where to take the series from here.hakanakumono

Old RE isn't about tank controls. Tank controls were just something that you lived with so you could have those amazing cinematic backdrops. It's a fundamental difference in how the games are designed.

I wouldn't want to play an old school resi game without the tank controls.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"] As much as I love the tank controls in RE titles, I just don't see capcom going back to those. So you would be getting RE2/3 with with the new controls and it doesn't seem like you'd like those.

I don't care if they revamp the controls I just want Resident Evil to focus on being scary again. REvelations looks to fail on all fronts as well from what I have seen of it. Maybe thats just me though.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

No I'm talking about UC. Maybe he wasn't a "Robot" but that's what they did with his voice UC was a mess, but DC might be better. Even so, I'm afraid of what they did to my favorite RE story.

You mean the enemy which the russian set on you in the final parts of UC? I think that was to stop it mutating as the G virus was unstable. I might repurchase it now and get DC too as i do enjoy just pointing and shooting lol. Well i can see the flaws in it but i think most are blown out of proportion, Glad i brought it. Well got it free as it was the cheapest game out of the 3 lol.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="lbjkurono23"] As much as I love the tank controls in RE titles, I just don't see capcom going back to those. So you would be getting RE2/3 with with the new controls and it doesn't seem like you'd like those.

I don't care if they revamp the controls I just want Resident Evil to focus on being scary again. REvelations looks to fail on all fronts as well from what I have seen of it. Maybe thats just me though.

You broke my heart with the words Fail and Revelation in the same sentence. My most anticipated game since i knew of it back when the 3DS was announced.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 lbjkurono23

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"] As much as I love the tank controls in RE titles, I just don't see capcom going back to those. So you would be getting RE2/3 with with the new controls and it doesn't seem like you'd like those.Jynxzor

Honest question what made the classics RE creepy to you?

what made it creepy for me vvv [spoiler] The music,sound effects, the environments, pacing, enemy designs, fixed camera angles. Another thing I liked was reading the diaries/journals which told us what happened in the room and how they met their death. All these things have been missing in the new ones. [/spoiler]

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 lbjkurono23

@Dibdibdo (i'm not writing the rest :P ) He's talking about Nemesis in UC, he did sound robotic, but nothing that ruined him, in fact I thought he sounded pretty good( imo). here

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"] Which shooter? I've played Umbrella Chronicles so im guessing darkside chronicles. Theyre quite fun games. PS: Off subject, I cant see the hate for FF13 after purchasing it lol.Dibdibdobdobo

You mean the enemy which the russian set on you in the final parts of UC? I think that was to stop it mutating as the G virus was unstable. I might repurchase it now and get DC too as i do enjoy just pointing and shooting lol. Well i can see the flaws in it but i think most are blown out of proportion, Glad i brought it. Well got it free as it was the cheapest game out of the 3 lol.

No I mean Nemesis. I didn't get that far when I rented it with my friend.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#141 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I'm hyping a 6.5 or less. I'm just not interested in this RE game. Revelations looks way better than it.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"] You mean the enemy which the russian set on you in the final parts of UC? I think that was to stop it mutating as the G virus was unstable. I might repurchase it now and get DC too as i do enjoy just pointing and shooting lol. Well i can see the flaws in it but i think most are blown out of proportion, Glad i brought it. Well got it free as it was the cheapest game out of the 3 lol.hakanakumono

No I mean Nemesis. I didn't get that far when I rented it with my friend.

Ah alright, My bad in 2 situations. Kinda telling you about one of the weirdest enemies ever on a Resi game and what happens. Sorry.

@Dibdibdo (i'm not writing the rest :P ) He's talking about Nemesis in UC, he did sound robotic, but nothing that ruined him, in fact I thought he sounded pretty good( imo). here

lbjkurono23
I'm gonna just buy Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles. I love some Light gun games theyre quite enjoyable and relaxing. Dont worry about writing the name, It annoys me let alone other people lol.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 lbjkurono23

Now that I'm back, I decided to update the op with new characters and the extended triple impact trailer which is old by now... but still it needed the facelift. :P

joojtzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 joojtzu
Member since 2011 • 1118 Posts
Wasnt it delayed?
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
I'm hyping a 6.0-6.5 based off of the sole fact that Slant Six is a terrible f*cking developer. Their last game, SOCOM Confrontation, was the buggiest, most broken game I have ever had the displeasure of paying $60 for.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 lbjkurono23
Wasnt it delayed?joojtzu
It was supposed to come out in late 2011, it was moved to March 20.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 lbjkurono23

New videos are out... may contain spoilers.

First Mission

Mission in the Fog

Trip Mines and Hand Grenades

Zombie Ambush

Beware the Lickers

Zombies in the Streets

Enjoy =D

joojtzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 joojtzu
Member since 2011 • 1118 Posts
[QUOTE="joojtzu"]Wasnt it delayed?lbjkurono23
It was supposed to come out in late 2011, it was moved to March 20.

Thanks dude. Im most likely going to buy a copy. Might start getting the whole collection of RE games for the Wii from 0 > 4 and UC / DC. RE 5 + ORC for 360.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

at least they are being up front about the whole "action game" approach. I guess the survival horror RE games truly are dead.

arbitor365

Re was always about cheap scares, action, and terrible camera angles. We now have better camera angles.