Resident Evil ORC Hype thread!! GS score 4.5 flop D:

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#351 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44641 Posts
Don't see why people are so disappointed, did they think it'd be good because it's an RE game, or were people big SOCOM fans? Because I don't think it should effect sales much, I mean some people will just be like "oh my, another RE game, compulsive buy", and SOCOM fans are probably no stranger to getting games regardless of bad scores. Should expect it to sell so-so, at least enough for the publisher to recuperate their investment.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Up to you. Just don't b!tch and moan when RE continually gets average to below average releases here-on out because people like you are content with their efforts and tell them with your wallet this is OK. You can still enjoy it (renting) without supporting what Capcom's doing. And this is RE, not some half-assed generic shooter.It deserves better, and what Capcom is doing now is cashing in on the brand-name while putting in the least amount of effort as possible. If you're content with that, then you're part of the problem, and you deal with it.

MirkoS77

Renting still supports it. It tells the retailer that people are still interested in the game/series. It won't directly affect ORC, but it'll affect RE6 and the next one after that. We won't see another quality game again? We just got Revelations last month, which was exceptional. We have RE6 comming out later this year which is trying to cater to everyone. Be worried about that game for what it's attempting. We also have many games that aren't RE on their way.

Don't get why you or others are so butthurt over something that was meant to be a spinoff and meant to be not part of the main RE universe.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#353 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
ITT: We pretend there weren't bad Resident Evil spin offs before.
ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

My left for dead has arrived on the ps3 !!!

AAA status for hype !!!

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Ouch! But another one bites the dust. Capcom got lucky with Dead Rising 2 but they really REALLY suck with outsource titles. So far they are 4 for 4; Bionic Commando, Dark Void, Lost Planet 2 and now ORC. Definitely looks like DmC will also be off the mark. I mean dull enemy design, disgusting lead character, lacks stylish nature of the franchise and slow as crud. Yep looks like a DMC title to be proud off. And unlike the other devs who worked on outsourced titles I really hope Ninja Theory are done for after DmC. Or at least Tameem gets fired, honestly that smug fool is the Uwe Boll of gaming, same goes for that Capcom US employee Alex Jones. That idiot can go as well. They maybe on damage control now but the disrespect they have shown to the series and the fans regarding DMC in the beginning will never be forgiven.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#356 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

My god has this franchise fallen after RE4. It still looks like a fun game though, multiplayer-wise. Might check it out when it's cheap (really really cheap).

noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts

Hahahahaha, said it would flop badly, well, I was banned at the time but I was saying it to myself...

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

[QUOTE="timmy00"]I'll buy whatever the hell I want. I'm enjoying the game. Don't like it? deal with it.

timmy00

You can buy whatever you want, but just remember this a capcom game and has the resident evil brand name on it. You don't want a low quality game with RE on it to sell that would be potentially bad due to devs thinking they can just put out any crap and slap RE on it to make money.

What's wrong with it being a capcom game and having the RE brand on it?

I'm liking it. That's all I care about. :/

If they make a game I know will be bad, I won't buy it. Simple.

Bam.

Fvck this stupid "sendsa message to the devs". I'll buy whatever the hell I want if it looks fun. Screw the industry. I don't give a fvck about the industry, and whatever faceless companies do with "beloved" franchises. I care about fun games. Ifeven UBISOFTmade a Warcraft FPS with a heavy focus on CoD elements, AND IT LOOKED FUN, I'd buy it.

Doesn't look fun? Won't buy it. Looks fun? Insta-buy.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#359 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
4.5...jeez. much lower than I thought, still wanna pick it up when it's cheaper.
sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts
Lol,as expected. Next up... the new DMC.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#361 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

RE6 can't come fast enough. Loved 4&5 so I'll love6 Im sure. This game looked terrible from the start. Funny how many people are making a big deal out of a freaking spin off.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

PLEASE don't buy this. Rent it, hell, take "other" means to be able to play, just don't support Capcom or we're never going to see another quality game from them again. Not that we are really anyhow, but still.

I don't know what bothers me more honestly, game companies that are content with tossing out subpar quality games, or those who embrace an apathetic attitude and support these games wholeheartedly.

MirkoS77
*Trollface* I..WILL..BUY..IT :D
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="zarshack"]You can buy whatever you want, but just remember this a capcom game and has the resident evil brand name on it. You don't want a low quality game with RE on it to sell that would be potentially bad due to devs thinking they can just put out any crap and slap RE on it to make money.

MLBknights58

What's wrong with it being a capcom game and having the RE brand on it?

I'm liking it. That's all I care about. :/

If they make a game I know will be bad, I won't buy it. Simple.

Bam.

Fvck this stupid "sendsa message to the devs". I'll buy whatever the hell I want if it looks fun. Screw the industry. I don't give a fvck about the industry, and whatever faceless companies do with "beloved" franchises. I care about fun games. Ifeven UBISOFTmade a Warcraft FPS with a heavy focus on CoD elements, AND IT LOOKED FUN, I'd buy it.

Doesn't look fun? Won't buy it. Looks fun? Insta-buy.

Damn right Screw those haters and anti-DLC protesters
noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts

This is making me worried about dragons dogma.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

This is making me worried about dragons dogma.

noxboxlive

Eh, well Dragon's Dogma is developed and published by Capcom not just published.

Capcom is a pretty capable developer, so I still have hope Dragon's Dogma will turn out alright.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#366 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
@timmy you got the game on 360?
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#367 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
i was really excited about this game too, too bad :(
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#368 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

@lbjkurono - Yeah I got the 360 version.

[QUOTE="timmy00"]It did lol. I still like the game though. >:

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

PLEASE don't buy this. Rent it, hell, take "other" means to be able to play, just don't support Capcom or we're never going to see another quality game from them again. Not that we are really anyhow, but still.

I don't know what bothers me more honestly, game companies that are content with tossing out subpar quality games, or those who embrace an apathetic attitude and support these games wholeheartedly.

MirkoS77

I'll buy whatever the hell I want. I'm enjoying the game. Don't like it? deal with it.

Up to you. Just don't b!tch and moan when RE continually gets average to below average releases here-on out because people like you are content with their efforts and tell them with your wallet this is OK. You can still enjoy it (renting) without supporting what Capcom's doing. And this is RE, not some half-assed generic shooter.It deserves better, and what Capcom is doing now is cashing in on the brand-name while putting in the least amount of effort as possible. If you're content with that, then you're part of the problem, and you deal with it.

The only people that are b!itching and moaning are the die-hard Resident evil fans that are so far stuck in the past and can't accept that this is simply a spin-off game and they can just ignore it. RE6 looks good and Revelations was scored highly. Also resident evil always had badly rated spin-off games. Nothing new.

I knew (and do) that I will enjoy the game so I wanted to support the devs. Simple as that. Don't force your opinion on me.

So cry less and stop being a baby. I really don't give a f*ck if you think I'm part of a "problem".

Edit- Lol glitchspot.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 lbjkurono23

Oh timmy, it looks like we're fighting in that cluster *** quote glitch. :P

I was checking, so we could play online, but I went with the ps3 since I don't plan on getting live until Class 3... are you getting that? D:

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 timmy00

I was checking, so we could play online, but I went with the ps3 since I don't plan on getting live until Class 3... are you getting that? D:

lbjkurono23

I fixed it. Oh gamespot...

What's Class 3? and we still have revelations but you never responded to my pm a while back! D:

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts
I knew this game was going to flop hard once it was announced, and I learned that developer Slant Six was making the game, the makers of Socom Confrontation. It's a shame that this game was even made. It had no potential from the second it was conceptualized, and never given a chance because it was being made by Slant Six. It just goes to show how bad Capcom is getting. I can't believe they would allow their biggest franchise's name to be attached to a crap product like this. It goes to show that they're trying to trick the consumer.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="arkephonic"]I knew this game was going to flop hard once it was announced, and I learned that developer Slant Six was making the game, the makers of Socom Confrontation. It's a shame that this game was even made. It had no potential from the second it was conceptualized, and never given a chance because it was being made by Slant Six. It just goes to show how bad Capcom is getting. I can't believe they would allow their biggest franchise's name to be attached to a crap product like this. It goes to show that they're trying to trick the consumer.

Its a SPIN-OFF :?
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
well atleast resident evil revelations got resident evil series some attention again...
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#374 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
wasn't a personal flop. was expecting a 4 maximum!
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#375 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]I knew this game was going to flop hard once it was announced, and I learned that developer Slant Six was making the game, the makers of Socom Confrontation. It's a shame that this game was even made. It had no potential from the second it was conceptualized, and never given a chance because it was being made by Slant Six. It just goes to show how bad Capcom is getting. I can't believe they would allow their biggest franchise's name to be attached to a crap product like this. It goes to show that they're trying to trick the consumer.LastRambo341

Spin offs an be really bad games too which is what the majority of the gaming press and a ton of the people who wasted their money on the game think too.

Game looked like garbage the moment they showed it off.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 lbjkurono23

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

timmy00

What's Class 3? and we still have revelations but you never responded to my pm a while back! D:

What pm D= , oh and it's a zombie survival game thats coming out on 360. video I might even pay for live. :P

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

not a big deal to me personally since i have been sick of the series for a very long time.

i have not found them entertaining enough to even finish one since code veronica and that was on dreamcast.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 lbjkurono23

For those who played it, how is it so far ? TheGuardian03
Personally, I think it's pretty good. Enemies are bullet sponges, your partner's AI is lacking and at later parts of the game they spend most of their time being dead, which can make some parts overwhelming( especially at harder difficulties).

Which is why I decided to play online with people that can actually help, other than that I haven't had many issues with the controls or bugs(some hit detection errors,but that could've been the online). Those issues haven't stopped me fom enjoying the game.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]For those who played it, how is it so far ? lbjkurono23

Personally, I think it's pretty good. Enemies are bullet sponges, your partner's AI is lacking and at later parts of the game they spend most of their time being dead, which can make some parts overwhelming( especially at harder difficulties).

Which is why I decided to play online with people that can actually help, other than that I haven't had many issues with the controls or bugs(some hit detection errors,but that could've been the online). Those issues haven't stopped me fom enjoying the game.

So advised to play with friends?
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 timmy00

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

lbjkurono23

What pm D= , oh and it's a zombie survival game thats coming out on 360. video I might even pay for live. :P

hmm I'll check it out.

And I pm'd you my 3DS friend code a while back. :c

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 lbjkurono23

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]For those who played it, how is it so far ? TheGuardian03

I really wanna play it but i have decided to wait for some patches then buy, imma play Yakuza Dead souls for now. :P

You could wait for a patch and If you're not sure that you're going to enjoy it, then I would recommend to wait for price drop(or skip the game). It's really up to you :P

@LRambo: Yeah, friends or random players on the web would be okay. The game can still be played solo, but you might pop a vein in the process because of the difficulty. hehe

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
Lol @ the butthurt fanboys claiming I Give Nines was trying to be edgy with their review.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#386 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17680 Posts

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]I knew this game was going to flop hard once it was announced, and I learned that developer Slant Six was making the game, the makers of Socom Confrontation. It's a shame that this game was even made. It had no potential from the second it was conceptualized, and never given a chance because it was being made by Slant Six. It just goes to show how bad Capcom is getting. I can't believe they would allow their biggest franchise's name to be attached to a crap product like this. It goes to show that they're trying to trick the consumer.LastRambo341

*sigh*

It doesn't matter that it's a "spin-off" as I keep being told, it holds the RE brand-name regardless. So an RE game being terrible is excusable because it's not a direct sequel of the series that's not developed in-house? That's sound logic, I'll have to remember that for future releases. I wish everyone would stop saying, "It's OK, because it's just a spin-off" bullsh!t line, because it's a cop-out in the attempt to absolve Capcom of responsibility (for whatever reason I don't know) for their poor handling of an RE game.

But I've spoken my peace and counted to three. Das bringt's!

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#387 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Another flop another day. And a 49 on Metacritic to make things even worse. I was never excited about it when the showed it at E3 last year.